PDA

View Full Version : Unilite Comp 9000 Feedback?

V1800J
08-24-2005, 12:49 PM
I Currently Have A Unilite. Is The Unilite Comp 9000 A Upgrade? I Can't Find A Decent Description/review On It. It Has The Unilite Module But Also Has Dual Points(confusing). Any And All Feedback Appreciated. Thanks

Mr Twister
08-24-2005, 01:56 PM
A comp 9000 is a good dist, ran mine in my jet for 3 years with no problems at all. The one I ran was a 91 series unilite for a pontiac (I don't know if they all are 91 series) and had a big cap originally, then a small cap was available for manifold clearance issues. My MSD box, thats another story, it failed at 5 hours.

Heatseeker
08-24-2005, 01:59 PM
I ran the Unilite version(they sell them as dual points also) for 2 1/2 seasons without a problem. I ran it through a HyFire VIA box. The big improvement in my eyes was the bigger cap. Keeping the terminals farther apart helps keep the spark from jumping around causing potential misfiring.
I didn't start having ignition problems until I changed over to MSD, although I have resovled them since.

INEEDAV
08-24-2005, 03:12 PM
I Currently Have A Unilite. Is The Unilite Comp 9000 A Upgrade? I Can't Find A Decent Description/review On It. It Has The Unilite Module But Also Has Dual Points(confusing). Any And All Feedback Appreciated. Thanks
I have had good luck with mine, its the unilite model. No ignition box just the coil. Runs fine up to 6300.