PDA

View Full Version : Lopez Lake

Red Eye
08-24-2005, 03:26 PM
Hi all.... has anyone been there recently and can tell me a little bit about the lake and the campsites? I haven't been there since I was a kid and we're planning a trip in a few weeks? Are the water slides still there? What about the wooden bridge next to the Quail campsites? Pictures would be nice. Thanks.

Red Eye
08-24-2005, 06:42 PM
Bump!!!

Punisher
08-24-2005, 06:53 PM
Hey Red Eye,
I just returned last monday from being up there at Lopez for a week....I'll post some pics of the lake later on tonight or first thing in the morning...We stayed at Beaver but have stayed at squirrel and Conejo a few times before..Beaver is an electric hook up campsite while conejo and squirrel are primative....The lake was good all week and even on the weekends...It wasnt that crowded but the rangers on and off the water are pretty strict...When they say quiet time at 10PM they do mean 10PM...dont ask me how I know lol....It does get pretty windy out there but my bros 18ft witchraft boat didnt have any problems.
The waterslides are still there at the mustang campgrounds and they added a new water attraction..Didnt have the time to check it out,we just drove by.
As for fishing,if you are going fishing,all the local banks are fished out...There is way too much fishing pressure there...Fish off your boat in the coves and the bass are dime a dozen...ill post some pics for ya in a lil bit but have a good time up there...Expect 85 degrees during the day and a chilly night...
Jon

Focker
08-24-2005, 07:52 PM
Hi all.... has anyone been there recently and can tell me a little bit about the lake and the campsites? I haven't been there since I was a kid and we're planning a trip in a few weeks? Are the water slides still there? What about the wooden bridge next to the Quail campsites? Pictures would be nice. Thanks.
is this the lake up on the way to Naci?

Punisher
08-25-2005, 08:09 AM
From what I heard,its about 1 hour before Naci if you are going North on the 101...Also I heard its worth the 1 hour since Naci is a better lake even though I havent been there...

Focker
08-25-2005, 08:22 AM
From what I heard,its about 1 hour before Naci if you are going North on the 101...Also I heard its worth the 1 hour since Naci is a better lake even though I havent been there...
i HAVE BEEN TO THI SLAKE THEN. i DID NOT LIKE IT AS IT HAD SOME GROWTH ALL OVER THE LAKE WHEN i WAS THERE. i THEN WENT THE EXTRA UP TO nACI AND HAVE GONE THERE EVER SINCE. THIS WAS ABOUT 13 YEARS AGO AT lOPEZ. hAVENET BEEN TO NACI IN 3 SEASONS SINCE I BOUGHT THE HOUSE IN HAVASU