PDA

View Full Version : need info,where to ride,quads etc,in socal

riverroyal
08-25-2005, 07:57 AM
want to take the kids riding this weekend,just one day,take the kids quads,the rhino,my bike etc.where is there???I always see people riding off the 60fwy near the 10,that big flat area.Anyone go there?Is it a cop bust?We dont need much space,also trying to stay somewhere under a 100 degrees,any info would be great,thanks

malibuken
08-25-2005, 08:23 AM
here are a couple not too far away SD. the wildomar area is off the Ortega hwy. Probablyl a bit cooler than the rest. Corral canyon has mostly fire roads and trails, nothing to challenging.
CORRAL CANYON Cleveland National Forest Descanso District (619) 445-6235 www.sdorc.org/ohvareas/c_canyon/c_canyon.html DIRECTIONS: The Corral Canyon Off Road Vehicle Open Area is located within the southernmost third of Cleveland National Forest near Morena Reservoir. From the San Diego area, take I-8 east to Buckman Springs Road. Drive south 3.6 miles, turn right onto Corral Canyon Road and drive 6.2 miles to the Four Corners Trailhead. At the trailhead there is staging for over 12 miles of trails for all types of ORVs.
LARK CANYON Eastern San Diego County BLM El Centro Field Office (760) 352-5842 www.ca.blm.gov/elcentro/larkcany.html DIRECTIONS: The Lark Canyon OHV area is located just west of the southern tip of the Anza Borrego State Park. The area can be reached from San Diego by taking I-8 east to the Boulevard/Manzanita exit and then Route 94 east to McCain Valley Road. The staging area is 5.2 miles north of I-8.
WILDOMAR OHV AREA Cleveland National Forest (Near Mission Viejo) (714) 736-1811 www.goodtime.net/mvi/lomvi099.htm DIRECTIONS: Take I-5 to San Juan Capistrano. Exit the freeway onto the Ortega Hwy (Hwy 74) eastbound. Follow Hwy 74 east for approximately 25 miles to the Forest Service Station at El Cariso. Continue past the station for approximately 1000 feet to the intersection with Killen Road. Turn right and follow the road south for approximately 9 miles to the Wildomar OHV area.

THOR
08-25-2005, 08:25 AM
Anza Borrego is very close to you. Great riding but it will be hot this time of year. Great for kids and quads. Punch in Anza Borrego state park into a search engine and you will get a map.

Mandelon
08-25-2005, 08:28 AM
Thor, the state park Anza Borrego does not allow offroading. Must stay on existing dirt roads only and in registered street legal vehicles. But Ocotillo Wells does, and it is just east of the park out Hwy 78. It will be warm though...I'd go with Corral Canyon

riverroyal
08-25-2005, 08:40 AM
is too hot now,im kinda just looking for a easy spot,make sure bikes are running good,get the rhino dirty,desert season is coming up

JB in so cal
08-25-2005, 08:43 AM
is too hot now,im kinda just looking for a easy spot,make sure bikes are running good,get the rhino dirty,desert season is coming up
won't you have to get a new one, then?

riverroyal
08-25-2005, 08:45 AM
thats funny,,,,you home this weekend?

pixilatedpussy
08-25-2005, 08:57 AM
My husband was talking about going riding this weekend with our boys!!! I will find out where we are going! :wink:

riverroyal
08-25-2005, 09:00 AM
kids are going nuts looking at their bikes,im thinking of just going off the 60fwy,bout a mile west of the 10,always people there,ive never been though

Magic34
08-25-2005, 09:04 AM
desert season is coming up
Don't you mean dune season??
I ordered my new dune pad yesterday. :D

pixilatedpussy
08-25-2005, 09:04 AM
here are a couple not too far away SD. the wildomar area is off the Ortega hwy. Probablyl a bit cooler than the rest. Corral canyon has mostly fire roads and trails, nothing to challenging.
CORRAL CANYON Cleveland National Forest Descanso District (619) 445-6235 www.sdorc.org/ohvareas/c_canyon/c_canyon.html DIRECTIONS: The Corral Canyon Off Road Vehicle Open Area is located within the southernmost third of Cleveland National Forest near Morena Reservoir. From the San Diego area, take I-8 east to Buckman Springs Road. Drive south 3.6 miles, turn right onto Corral Canyon Road and drive 6.2 miles to the Four Corners Trailhead. At the trailhead there is staging for over 12 miles of trails for all types of ORVs.
LARK CANYON Eastern San Diego County BLM El Centro Field Office (760) 352-5842 www.ca.blm.gov/elcentro/larkcany.html DIRECTIONS: The Lark Canyon OHV area is located just west of the southern tip of the Anza Borrego State Park. The area can be reached from San Diego by taking I-8 east to the Boulevard/Manzanita exit and then Route 94 east to McCain Valley Road. The staging area is 5.2 miles north of I-8.
WILDOMAR OHV AREA Cleveland National Forest (Near Mission Viejo) (714) 736-1811 www.goodtime.net/mvi/lomvi099.htm DIRECTIONS: Take I-5 to San Juan Capistrano. Exit the freeway onto the Ortega Hwy (Hwy 74) eastbound. Follow Hwy 74 east for approximately 25 miles to the Forest Service Station at El Cariso. Continue past the station for approximately 1000 feet to the intersection with Killen Road. Turn right and follow the road south for approximately 9 miles to the Wildomar OHV area.
Doesnt everyone need spark arresters here???

pixilatedpussy
08-25-2005, 09:05 AM
Don't you mean dune season??
I ordered my new dune pad yesterday. :D
Halloween &
Thanksgiving baby!!! WHOO HOO!!!! :D :D :D Lets go!

piper
08-25-2005, 09:06 AM
Doesnt everyone need spark arresters here???
Hey PP, are you a ranger all of a sudden??
By the way hello!!

riverroyal
08-25-2005, 09:12 AM
1st glamis trip

MONEYFURNOTHIN
08-25-2005, 09:16 AM
Make the trek to gorman ohv area. Its about 4000ft so it should not be to hot and there is tons of riding, hills, flat, tracks and trails

JB in so cal
08-25-2005, 09:19 AM
thats funny,,,,you home this weekend?
We're home watching 4, yes 4 kids. I'm gonna start drinkin' friday morning. :hammer2:

pixilatedpussy
08-25-2005, 09:23 AM
Hey PP, are you a ranger all of a sudden??
By the way hello!!
Nice Piper!!! ;) That's what happends when ya talk to a girl who has been riding her whole life! Kisses to you too! :D

pixilatedpussy
08-25-2005, 09:24 AM
1st glamis trip
NO NO NO!!! That is the Lake Mohave Family Picnic/ Riding trip at the Pixilateds river house darling!! Our theme is October Fest!!!! Come with! :D

riverroyal
08-25-2005, 09:24 AM
start drinkin now

pixilatedpussy
08-25-2005, 09:25 AM
We're home watching 4, yes 4 kids. I'm gonna start drinkin' friday morning. :hammer2:
Should we be concerned??? :D

JB in so cal
08-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Should we be concerned??? :D
I just scoop up all of the sharp stuff and put rubber bands around the cabinet knobs. Anything else? :crossx:

ROZ
08-25-2005, 09:38 AM
We use to ride in the hills behind your house.... There use to be a trail that lead to the back of that damn....

riverroyal
08-25-2005, 09:42 AM
my 5 year old needs a dirt parking lot,he is nuts

ROZ
08-25-2005, 09:45 AM
How about riding at the top of the hill, you know, where they're putting that controvercial water tower? Or how about taking trails down to the quarry? It use to be a big flat dirt area down there...

THOR
08-25-2005, 09:50 AM
Thor, the state park Anza Borrego does not allow offroading. Must stay on existing dirt roads only and in registered street legal vehicles. But Ocotillo Wells does, and it is just east of the park out Hwy 78. It will be warm though...I'd go with Corral Canyon
Mandy is right. Still, the location and area of the OHV area is huge and fun.

Magic34
08-25-2005, 09:54 AM
1st glamis trip
I go to Gordon's most of the time, Glamis about 1 time per season.
First trip won't be until November for me, probably Veteran's Day.
Magic/Sleek put on that little charity poker run the first weekend of November, so that is the last weekend I use the boat. It was a great time last year.

pixilatedpussy
08-25-2005, 09:55 AM
I just scoop up all of the sharp stuff and put rubber bands around the cabinet knobs. Anything else? :crossx:
LMAO!!
Great..I will send my boys right over! :devil: :p

pixilatedpussy
08-25-2005, 09:56 AM
Sounds like he will get along well with my 7 year old...he is nutsy too!

pixilatedpussy
08-25-2005, 09:57 AM
I go to Gordon's most of the time, Glamis about 1 time per season.
First trip won't be until November for me, probably Veteran's Day.
Magic/Sleek put on that little charity poker run the first weekend of November, so that is the last weekend I use the boat. It was a great time last year.
We are supposed to be going to Glamis for Veterans day with the Caseans...come with! :devil: