PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find .....

NT Jeepster
01-18-2003, 04:16 PM
Hi to all that read, I am new to posting but not to the site ..... Now to what I want .... I am looking for a 350 - Carb or injected stock or close to stock Motor ... out of a boat that someone has taken out to put in a Monster in ...... this Motor is going to go Into a Jeep (pls no flaming) LOL.... I have looked around and tried to find other Forums but have come up short.... can anyone help me ....... thanx Ken :p
[ January 18, 2003, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: NT Jeepster ]

NT Jeepster
01-18-2003, 04:19 PM
any help at all would be great! thanx Ken

Rexone
01-18-2003, 04:31 PM
You might check out Chevy's crate motors. I've never purchased one but I've heard they're reasonable for a stock motor and think they have a warranty as well. :)

NT Jeepster
01-18-2003, 04:35 PM
A marine motor ? really I did not know they made those ...... it needs or has to be a marine motor ....... they are a much better motor ..... thanx for the help

Sangster
01-18-2003, 05:18 PM
Try this site, lots of used SBC stuff..And most of it is on the East Coast too... :D good luck..
www.racingjunk.com (http://www.racingjunk.com)

Wet Dream
01-19-2003, 08:55 AM
NT Jeepster:
A marine motor ? really I did not know they made those ...... it needs or has to be a marine motor ....... they are a much better motor ..... thanx for the help I read the same article in Petersen's 4Wheel and Off-Road, but I looked beyond what they were telling us. The better materials in the water pump (impeller) are needed because we pump unfiltered, sandy, possible corrosive metals, and even salt water. For most of us, out radiator is the body of water we are on. Same goes for the head gaskets. The cams are setup for a torque curve. The bearing lcearances are sometimes set a little looser. The "J-tubes" are needed in enclosed engine compartments to reduce the possibility of fuel spilling on the outside of the carb creating an explosive condition. Even in offroad conditions with a marine carb, if you tip your Jeep enough, you'll flood the bowls. The electronics can be bought standard, or marine version. An MSD box and distributor can provide a well sealed system, but you still won't be able to go submarining.
[ January 19, 2003, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Wet Dream ]

crazy eyes
01-20-2003, 10:51 PM
www.pirate4x4.com (http://www.pirate4x4.com)
you will find everthing for your jeep here.
"its all about bieng extreme" eek!

superdave013
01-21-2003, 06:09 AM
Wet Dream:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NT Jeepster:
[qb] An MSD box and distributor can provide a well sealed system, but you still won't be able to go submarining. Man O man, when I bought my boat the first thing I noticed was the MSD box was mounted down on the floor. When I asked he said "hey, it's water proof". Let's just say that it's getting moved now but I did run it that way for one summer. It was totaly soaked every time the boat went out with zero troubles. I could not belive it myself.
I think one of those would be a must have in a Jeep. But I'm with ya, I still wouldn't go submarining but it'll take all the splashes you can give it.
As far as the rest of the engine. I'm not buying into this marine thing. I'ed get a stocker out of a late model truck or something. Fuelinjection is a must have for me in any of my 4x4's.
350's are all over. You should find one pretty easy I'ed think.
[ January 21, 2003, 06:11 AM: Message edited by: superdave013 ]

Kindsvater Flat
01-21-2003, 06:38 PM
Order the Ram-Jet 350 from GM. For 5k you get everything. Hook up the power and ground and a fuel pump and you are ready to go. If thats not enough get the Ram-Jet 502.

Wet Dream
01-22-2003, 09:18 PM
I wonder if he checked back on his own topic or just gave up?

NT Jeepster
01-25-2003, 05:38 PM
LOL Yes I did check back but I was out of town whent to VA my dad is in CCU for a closed Head injury and not looking good . :( ..... thanx for all the info ! and that 502 sounds sweet ...... but the price tag is not a normal johnson rod that I tell my wife I have to have for it to run LOL..... man I have a ton of those rods laying around ... I found some 350 marine on ebay and have talked with the dealer :D :D I got my boat from ... I think he is going to hook me up ... thanx Again ....Ken~

NT Jeepster
01-25-2003, 05:38 PM
LOL Yes I did check back but I was out of town whent to VA my dad is in CCU for a closed Head injury and not looking good . :( ..... thanx for all the info ! and that 502 sounds sweet ...... but the price tag is not a normal johnson rod that I tell my wife I have to have for it to run LOL..... man I have a ton of those rods laying around ... I found some 350 marine on ebay and have talked with the dealer :D :D I got my boat from ... I think he is going to hook me up ... thanx Again ....Ken~