PDA

View Full Version : My Little "Project" Video

BADBLOWN572
08-25-2005, 06:26 PM
Just for your guys enjoyment, here is a picture of the first wooden boat on its maiden voyage.
Wood Boat Water Test (http://www.riverratlife.net/dave/videos/Danny2.wmv)

FASTERDAMITT
08-25-2005, 08:58 PM
Nice boat, what do you mean the first? Are you building these? When I was out of high school that was my passion, to restore older Chris Crafts and Lymons, Thompsons ect.. Nothing like a boat that takes on water for a week till the wood swells after you launch it. :smile:

BADBLOWN572
08-26-2005, 06:09 AM
Nice boat, what do you mean the first? Are you building these? When I was out of high school that was my passion, to restore older Chris Crafts and Lymons, Thompsons ect.. Nothing like a boat that takes on water for a week till the wood swells after you launch it. :smile:
Yes, we are building these. For hulls we commissioned a master craftsman over in Thailand to build and he is shipping us the hulls blank. We are doing all of the assembly over here. Also these boats are 2005-2006 models. Just based off of plans obtained of a 1927 Chris Craft. A total of 8 boats will be here in the U.S. in aproximately 6 months. 2 additional in about another two months. This is the 26 that we are building and we also have an 18.
With how they did the construction of the boat, you don't have to worry about letting the wood swell. First time we launched it, not one drop of water inside of the boat. Construction methods have come a long way over the past 80 years. :)
For a complete detail and construction pics, you can check out the thread titled "my little project" It is hosted on RRL so you will have to have a membership over there to see all of the pics.

Charley
08-26-2005, 06:29 AM
we commissioned a master craftsman over in Thailand to build.
Now this is just a contradiction in terms! :cry:
Ah I'm just teasing D...... Boat looks pretty damn cool, my wife has always wanted one... what are they gonna run moneywise?

BADBLOWN572
08-26-2005, 07:38 AM
what are they gonna run moneywise?
Depends on options, but I can guarantee that it will be a lot less than the same sized DCB. ;) :D :p
Someone asked a similar question over on another board and they wanted a little more details. This is how I responded:
We are anticipating that the cost of the 26 is going to be somewhere around $85k with standard features. The 18 is probably going to be somewhere around $65k with standard features.
The stock engine that we are using is a fuel injected 350 that puts out around 320h.p. That is what is in the 26 and it pushed it along very well. We can upgrade the engine which we are going to do on the next 26 to a 6.0 Vortech engine that is the upgraded 6.0 that comes in the Escalade. I want to say that it has somewhere around 385h.p. The other thing is that we are offering a fresh water cooling system on all engines. The Escalade engine comes stock with the fresh water cooling, but is an option on all other motors. All engines come with a 3 year manufacturers warranty and all are going to be fuel injected. If the customer wants a different engine, we can accomodate that, but that is their decision on what they want. The GM 350 engines are stock in both boats and are a real nice package. Upgrades go from there.
The lead time will depend on the customer. We plan on always having two blank hulls on hand to rig at all times. Currently we have six more being built over in Thailand. If the customer wants to order one with a variance on the wood or hull layout (another option) their boat will take 6 weeks in construction in Thailand, 4 weeks for shipping and customs, then another 3 weeks to rig and get the interior done. Right now we are anticipating a 4-6 month lead time from the time you place the order to the time you get the boat. The extra 2 months is a slush period depending on what is going on. All customers will get approximately 50-100 pictures of their boat being built in a photo album and a CD for their own personal files. The pictures will be from the minute that the keel is set to the time that their boat first hits the water.
These boats are all custom built for the customer. The customer always will have the option of purchasing a stock boat or picking everything from the types of wood (Teak, Mohogany, Ash, Spruce, Maple) etc... to the interior configuration, motor packages, deck hardware, dash layout, steering, etc... We have a package that we offer as an option and that package will be a 10 day stay over in Thailand at one of the top hotels in the world and a 3 day consultation with the builder over there to go over everything that will be included in their boats. They can design their own boat 100%. After their consultation, we have connections all over Thailand to do anything that you could imagine. It is the customer's decision on what they want to be done to their boat. The stock boats will also be a nice piece as well, but that is just that, stock.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
08-27-2005, 08:09 PM
I'm very proud of you bro!! I would like one! Gotta sell the Baja first! How much more for the tower? :hammerhea

h2oski2fast
08-27-2005, 09:15 PM
Depends on options, but I can guarantee that it will be a lot less than the same sized DCB. ;) :D :p
Someone asked a similar question over on another board and they wanted a little more details. This is how I responded:
We are anticipating that the cost of the 26 is going to be somewhere around $85k with standard features. The 18 is probably going to be somewhere around $65k with standard features.
The stock engine that we are using is a fuel injected 350 that puts out around 320h.p. That is what is in the 26 and it pushed it along very well. We can upgrade the engine which we are going to do on the next 26 to a 6.0 Vortech engine that is the upgraded 6.0 that comes in the Escalade. I want to say that it has somewhere around 385h.p. The other thing is that we are offering a fresh water cooling system on all engines. The Escalade engine comes stock with the fresh water cooling, but is an option on all other motors. All engines come with a 3 year manufacturers warranty and all are going to be fuel injected. If the customer wants a different engine, we can accomodate that, but that is their decision on what they want. The GM 350 engines are stock in both boats and are a real nice package. Upgrades go from there.
The lead time will depend on the customer. We plan on always having two blank hulls on hand to rig at all times. Currently we have six more being built over in Thailand. If the customer wants to order one with a variance on the wood or hull layout (another option) their boat will take 6 weeks in construction in Thailand, 4 weeks for shipping and customs, then another 3 weeks to rig and get the interior done. Right now we are anticipating a 4-6 month lead time from the time you place the order to the time you get the boat. The extra 2 months is a slush period depending on what is going on. All customers will get approximately 50-100 pictures of their boat being built in a photo album and a CD for their own personal files. The pictures will be from the minute that the keel is set to the time that their boat first hits the water.
These boats are all custom built for the customer. The customer always will have the option of purchasing a stock boat or picking everything from the types of wood (Teak, Mohogany, Ash, Spruce, Maple) etc... to the interior configuration, motor packages, deck hardware, dash layout, steering, etc... We have a package that we offer as an option and that package will be a 10 day stay over in Thailand at one of the top hotels in the world and a 3 day consultation with the builder over there to go over everything that will be included in their boats. They can design their own boat 100%. After their consultation, we have connections all over Thailand to do anything that you could imagine. It is the customer's decision on what they want to be done to their boat. The stock boats will also be a nice piece as well, but that is just that, stock.
So what you're saying is, it's just another cookie cutter boat? :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: