PDA

View Full Version : Ya'll are making me a Cali hater

sorry dog
08-26-2005, 03:21 AM
...I've only visited your fine state once and I had a damn good time when I went...But with all the bad shit that I read about hear and see about real estate in the news, I dunno. It just looks like all the reasonable people are leaving and land is priced like moon rocks.
If somebody were to offer me a job tommorrow in North Dakota or OC, I'd have a hard time deciding where to take my non emission controlled vehicle and $218 checking account. I think better just stay down here in my swamp next to my Chinese window unit. I just figger 3 loud ass dogs, a parts car collection, and shootin 22's in the house won't fit in too good.
BTW - do ya'll have squirrels?

Jbb
08-26-2005, 03:23 AM
...I've only visited your fine state once and I had a damn good time when I went...But with all the bad shit that I read about hear and see about real estate in the news, I dunno. It just looks like all the reasonable people are leaving and land is priced like moon rocks.
If somebody were to offer me a job tommorrow in North Dakota or OC, I'd have a hard time deciding where to take my non emission controlled vehicle and $218 checking account. I think better just stay down here in my swamp next to my Chinese window unit. I just figger 3 loud ass dogs, a parts car collection, and shootin 22's in the house won't fit in too good.
I just spent a week there......I have to agree...... :2purples:

NashvilleBound
08-26-2005, 03:39 AM
Classic......

Ultrafied
08-26-2005, 04:31 AM
Good thinking. We really don't need anymore people moving here .... ;)

Liberator TJ1984
08-26-2005, 04:43 AM
A bunch of Terrorists slowly undermining our morals and Government :boxingguy

sorry dog
08-26-2005, 04:48 AM
I know the feeling. Seems like another JBB style brick house jungle subdivision pops of every month. If you want trees on your property, you have to buy them.

OGShocker
08-26-2005, 04:53 AM
I just spent a week there......I have to agree...... :2purples:
Thanks for calling! :hammerhea

ahhell
08-26-2005, 04:57 AM
have i got the house for you...2.5 acres of parts car storage and SOOOO many squirrels and rabbits you'll never have to go to the grocery store... :cool: we even use the shotgun :wink:
$550,000......Im getting out too, I cant afford to feed and medicate all the illegals

Seadog
08-26-2005, 05:00 AM
Its a plot by the liberal elite. They want to force anyone with with common sense and values out. That leaves them and the illegals to work for them. Eventually they will separate California and Baja into a new nation named after the cities Hollywood, Oceanside, Mexicali and Oxnard.

roostwear
08-26-2005, 05:12 AM
You'll fit right in in the Inland Empire. One note though. Squirrels in the IE are called "tweakers". Be advised you will need a license from the state for "recycling" all your used car parts.

MagicMtnDan
08-26-2005, 05:15 AM
You'll fit right in in the Inland Empire. One note though. Squirrels in the IE are called "tweakers".
Good one!

OGShocker
08-26-2005, 05:24 AM
I was born and raised here. I love most everything about So Cal 'cept the new blood. I would take 20 legal immigrants over one POS Yankee (http://www.merriamwebster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=Yankee&x=16&y=20) !
I have been looking into moving my company now for the last six months. I can no longer afford to stay here and watch employees make good money and still not be able to buy their own home. I now have my top five staffers on-board with the move if the other 20 want to come, great! I am entertaining offers from six states and we will choose within the next six months.

Flashover
08-26-2005, 05:31 AM
What are the six states that you are thinking about? :idea:

OGShocker
08-26-2005, 05:32 AM
What are the six states that you are thinking about? :idea:
TX, TN, OR, NV, AZ and UT :D

Flashover
08-26-2005, 05:39 AM
That's not a bad set to choose from. What excactly does your company do?

BarryMac
08-26-2005, 05:44 AM
Now if we could only get half the people that moved here in the last ten years to become haters, us natives would be a lot happier, this half includes the illegals that came over the border as well... :hammer2:

sorry dog
08-26-2005, 05:45 AM
Tennessee is a nice place. It's definately in my job search area. Nooga looks like it's cool place to get into right now, but maybe Otter will input on that.
If you want to bring business there are lots of places in AL that will roll the carpet out for you, but please please please don't build your houses 2 feet from your neighbors and leave the 80 year old white oaks standing...and no 50 cent and thug music - we're doing our best to keep that stuff contained in bham and montgomery city limits...and don't forget that you better start practicing talking slower. JBB still has problems with that. :wink:

OGShocker
08-26-2005, 05:55 AM
That's not a bad set to choose from. What excactly does your company do?
We manufacture electronics for the pipeline companies to prevent and monitor corrosion.
Tinker & Rasor (http://www.tinker-rasor.com)

Flashover
08-26-2005, 06:07 AM
We manufacture electronics for the pipeline companies to prevent and monitor corrosion.
That's some pretty interesting products you manufacture. is there any state that has stood out from the rest so far? :idea:

Jbb
08-26-2005, 06:08 AM
...and don't forget that you better start practicing talking slower. JBB still has problems with that. :wink:
The muzzle has helped some.......but it does frighten chicks away in the bars.... :cool:

Jbb
08-26-2005, 06:09 AM
Thanks for calling! :hammerhea
It was not a trip I wanted to make for sure...I was in town for a funeral...Next time maybe a happier trip....

Wally_Gator
08-26-2005, 06:10 AM
Then you have probably heard of Barton Instruments..

Holland
08-26-2005, 06:17 AM
have i got the house for you...2.5 acres of parts car storage and SOOOO many squirrels and rabbits you'll never have to go to the grocery store... :cool: we even use the shotgun :wink:
$550,000......Im getting out too, I cant afford to feed and medicate all the illegals
I am soooo with you on that. I actually am considering selling... thaking the $$$$ and moving to my house in Az... no bills, free and clear... No CaliCrap...
But this was a bad week.
Are you listed at 550K?????? Neighbor?????

ahhell
08-26-2005, 06:21 AM
I am soooo with you on that. I actually am considering selling... thaking the $$$$ and movine to my house in Az... no bills, free and clear... No CaliCrap...
But this was a bad week.
Not yet...we're waiting for our freshman to graduate...then ...AZ bound, or further. The guy across the street has 2100' on 2.2 acres for 525k, mine's just alittle bigger on 2.5+ acres, and only 3 minutes from Home depot :D

Jbb
08-26-2005, 06:24 AM
I know the feeling. Seems like another JBB style brick house jungle subdivision pops of every month. If you want trees on your property, you have to buy them.
Easy there Hondo.......If it weren't for me and my "style" subdivisions.....you and yours would have no where to steal late model hubcaps from..... :D

BarryMac
08-26-2005, 06:25 AM
I am soooo with you on that. I actually am considering selling... thaking the $$$$ and moving to my house in Az... no bills, free and clear... No CaliCrap...
But this was a bad week.
Lots of people are thinking on the same line as you, the prices in Az are now through the roof, I was considering a move after this school year, my daughter is Graduating from HS, I can sell my house and pay cash for something in NV, AZ, UT and work at Home Depot and get by just as good as I am now. Right now I'm not sure what I'm going to do, play it by ear I suppose...

SummitKarl
08-26-2005, 06:26 AM
But this was a bad week.
come on Holland "JUST DO IT""Get R Done""Pack it up"

Holland
08-26-2005, 06:26 AM
Not yet...we're waiting for our freshman to graduate...then ...AZ bound, or further. The guy across the street has 2100' on 2.2 acres for 525k, mine's just alittle bigger on 2.5+ acres, and only 3 minutes from Home depot :D
Very cool. We are over off of escondido south of Main. I might consider moving by next summer or earlier if possible. My kids are still little and could tolerate the roots being pulled.

Holland
08-26-2005, 06:27 AM
Yeah.... As we have sopke of before... I am leaning more and more towards that decision Karl.

Holland
08-26-2005, 06:28 AM
Then I will have more time to hang out with you at your car shows!!! :D

SummitKarl
08-26-2005, 06:28 AM
Lots of people are thinking on the same line as you, the prices in Az are now through the roof, I was considering a move after this school year, my daughter is Graduating from HS, I can sell my house and pay cash for something in NV, AZ, UT and work at Home Depot and get by just as good as I am now. Right now I'm not sure what I'm going to do, play it by ear I suppose...
Berry just, sign the fricken contract, and lets build you a home :idea:

OGShocker
08-26-2005, 06:29 AM
That's some pretty interesting products you manufacture. is there any state that has stood out from the rest so far? :idea:
Not yet. I promote the team concept here. I will gather all the information and we as a comittee will decide the best option. I like Utah, but most areas have an unemployement rates that are too low. We need to draw from the 6% to 7% area. Nevada is business friendly but, I hate the evils of gambling. Texas and Tennesee are WAY too f'ing humid. Arizona is becoming a mini cali. Lastly, Oregon. IT RAINS ALL THE TIME!! :D
Wally G : Then you have probably heard of Barton Instruments..
Yes I have. From all I hear they are a good group. They are in a different area than we are.

Holland
08-26-2005, 06:30 AM
That is hilarious... I have been telling my wife everyday... "I'm practicing... You want fries with that???"

SummitKarl
08-26-2005, 06:32 AM
Then I will have more time to hang out with you at your car shows!!! :D
car shows, WEEKDAYS ON THE LAKE!!!! (this Rocks) , Evenings in the channel, dirt toy rides, BBQ's, and good looking women everywhere as fast as the head can turn :cool:

Holland
08-26-2005, 06:34 AM
car shows, WEEKDAYS ON THE LAKE!!!! (this Rocks) , Evenings in the channel, dirt toy rides, BBQ's, and good looking women everywhere as fast as the head can turn :cool:
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Flashover
08-26-2005, 06:34 AM
I will tell ya that UT really is a nice place to live if you have kids it's a great place for them to grow up. there is still lots of open land here for homes and buisnesses there are some nice lakes for boating and the mountains and ski rersorts are second to none. I often think about moving because i am a guy who loves palm tree's and the sound of the ocean, but all that is just to expensive and finding a nice house like i have now in southern CA would be insane... Have you been out here for a visit yet? :D

ahhell
08-26-2005, 06:35 AM
I wanna go.............do you allow old chevy's....... :D :D :D

crf311
08-26-2005, 06:35 AM
TX, TN, OR, NV, AZ and UT :D
You should check into Louisiana. The state has been giving some nice tax breaks to company's moving in. Housing cost is low, The people are great and water everywhere.

SummitKarl
08-26-2005, 06:36 AM
That is hilarious... I have been telling my wife everyday... "I'm practicing... You want fries with that???"
not funny at all, lots of people I know do this (home depot) good pay, easy hrs., benifits..........DAM GOOD PLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!, and we got Lowes comming = payscale wars (going up)
that was my plan............but NOOOOOOO!!! I had to try Architecture, now I am swampped again :notam:

SummitKarl
08-26-2005, 06:39 AM
I wanna go.............do you allow old chevy's....... :D :D :D
the chevys seem to get a bit nervous with all the studebaker's out here, darn things are like flys here every one has got one :D

OGShocker
08-26-2005, 06:41 AM
You should check into Louisiana. The state has been giving some nice tax breaks to company's moving in. Housing cost is low, The people are great and water everywhere.
I have another company in Shreveport (http://www.destearns.com) , I was there on Monday. You may have missed the part about humidity not sitting well with me. I visit my crew there once a year. I am there for one day and I feel like I am dying. :shift:

PowellScooter
08-26-2005, 06:44 AM
Thats what I tell fokkers everyday when they say they are thinking of moving to AZ from CA. :mad:

Holland
08-26-2005, 06:46 AM
Thats what I tell fokkers everyday when they say they are thinking of moving to AZ from CA. :mad:
Yeah... well you are up by Utah anyway... My other house is in Prescott.
But I could sell that one too!!!!

BarryMac
08-26-2005, 06:46 AM
Berry just, sign the fricken contract, and lets build you a home :idea:
Maybe you need an assistant :D . Seriously, what kind of jobs are there in Havasu? I have an aquaintance that use to be a production manager at Kimberly Clark, I could swear that he told me it was in Havasu or very near by... I would consider Havasu, but I think a lot of people are right now... :confused:

OGShocker
08-26-2005, 06:47 AM
Were you born in AZ?

Wally_Gator
08-26-2005, 06:59 AM
Yes I have. From all I hear they are a good group. They are in a different area than we are.
I used to work for them when they were owned by ITT. After ITT sold them off they went downhill. Some very interesting products coming out of them and you as well.

roostwear
08-26-2005, 07:06 AM
You should check into Louisiana. ..... and water everywhere.
Hell yes! It's all below sea level!

PowellScooter
08-26-2005, 07:13 AM
Were you born in AZ?
YUP, what about you, Cali native?

PowellScooter
08-26-2005, 07:15 AM
Yeah... well you are up by Utah anyway...
Yeah but dont hold that against me

Holland
08-26-2005, 07:38 AM
Yeah but dont hold that against me
:D Just jealous... thats all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SummitKarl
08-26-2005, 07:43 AM
Maybe you need an assistant :D . Seriously, what kind of jobs are there in Havasu? I have an aquaintance that use to be a production manager at Kimberly Clark, I could swear that he told me it was in Havasu or very near by... I would consider Havasu, but I think a lot of people are right now... :confused:
www.havasunews.com
then search the help wanted adds, thats how I did it, and I bet RiverRatMike would be able to hook you up with something, right up your alley!!!!!!!! :D

BarryMac
08-26-2005, 07:50 AM
www.havasunews.com
then search the help wanted adds, thats how I did it, and I bet RiverRatMike would be able to hook you up with something, right up your alley!!!!!!!! :D
Thanks Karl, I'll check it out just for shits and giggles... :D :D

OGShocker
08-26-2005, 07:57 AM
YUP, what about you, Cali native?
Yep. 45 years of watching the changes. If we do move to Arizona, be asured, we are tax PAYERS not tax takers. :boxed:

PowellScooter
08-26-2005, 07:59 AM
:D Just jealous... thats all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It has its moments, is your Prescott home a vacation place? My inlaws are in Prescott so were there often.

cdog
08-26-2005, 08:22 AM
Yep. 45 years of watching the changes. If we do move to Arizona, be asured, we are tax PAYERS not tax takers. :boxed:
Looks like were going to AZ too. You'll love all the lakes. My havasu trips will be cut in half if I can go to pleasent for day trips and sleep in my own bed at night.