PDA

View Full Version : What state would you move to.....???

NOTALENT
08-26-2005, 06:26 AM
So all this talk about cali hating...and how cali is turning out...what state would you move to if you were leaving...
I havent been many places but I have family in the Illinois suburbs and I love it there....and also Park City, UT. I have always considered these places...Nice quiet towns, no traffic, Big cheap housing.

Vada
08-26-2005, 06:28 AM
Try Canada :cool:

Jbb
08-26-2005, 06:29 AM
maybe a van.....down by the river...?

ahhell
08-26-2005, 06:32 AM
Utahs nice, but my in-laws are there :cry: and so is titties and beer :rolleyes:
and if my in-laws are reading this.....luv ya :boxed:

Vada
08-26-2005, 06:34 AM
maybe a van.....down by the river...?
Hey!
Get your own van!!! :devil:

Jbb
08-26-2005, 06:36 AM
Hey!
...ok fine.... :mad:

Vada
08-26-2005, 06:37 AM
...ok fine.... :mad:
you don't have to get all mad on my as$ :frown:

riverbound
08-26-2005, 06:38 AM
I dont think I would move, I was born and raised here. I grew up surfing in the morining and snowbaording in the afternoon. I cant think of a better place to live that can give you Everything you could want within a short drive. But hey, to have this life you got to pay and deal with the BS. Im not going to sit around in the internet and cry about it. If you hate it that bad shut the fock up and move. Do soemthing about it then, kind of like the HAvasu legal fund, everyine sat here and complained and they were months of threads about it, but it when it came time to step up and make a difference very few actually had the balls to step up and do something about it. But htere were plenty of people that sat around and bitcehd about it all day. Come on poeple get over it. IF IT SUCKS SO BAD...... MOVE....noone is forcing you to live here.

NOTALENT
08-26-2005, 06:39 AM
I dont think I would move, I was born and raised here. I grew up surfing in the morining and snowbaording in the afternoon. I cant think of a better place to live that can give you Everything you could want within a short drive. But hey, to have this life you got to pay and deal with the BS. Im not going to sit around in the internet and cry about it. If you hate it that bad shut the fock up and move. Do soemthing about it then, kind of like the HAvasu legal fund, everyine sat here and complained and they were months of threads about it, but it when it came time to step up and make a difference very few actually had the balls to step up and do something about it. But htere were plenty of people that sat around and bitcehd about it all day. Come on poeple get over it. IF IT SUCKS SO BAD...... MOVE....noone is forcing you to live here.
Tell us how you really feel... :crossx:

pjones
08-26-2005, 06:40 AM
Hey!
Got any pics of the van..... dude?
far out....

Jbb
you don't have to get all mad on my as$ :frown:
Well first you invite me in your van...then you slam the door in my face...now my nose hurts.....dammit thats the second time this has happened to me this month....I need a vacation.... :messedup:

Flashover
So all this talk about cali hating...and how cali is turning out...what state would you move to if you were leaving...
I havent been many places but I have family in the Illinois suburbs and I love it there....and also Park City, UT. I have always considered these places...Nice quiet towns, no traffic, Big cheap housing.
Park City is nice and there is a few nice lakes for boating right up by there. But living in park city is expensive as hell. we go there alot in the summer to hang out eat good food and have some beers at the breweries... :D :D

riverbound
08-26-2005, 06:43 AM
Tell us how you really feel... :crossx:
:wink:

Vada
08-26-2005, 06:44 AM
Got any pics of the van..... dude?
far out....
Hey!!!!
I'm a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not a dude!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Vada
08-26-2005, 06:45 AM
Well first you invite me in your van...then you slam the door in my face...now my nose hurts.....dammit thats the second time this has happened to me this month....I need a vacation.... :messedup:
I'm just playin....
come down to my van anytime you want :p

NOTALENT
08-26-2005, 06:45 AM
:wink:
I think withdrawls has realy taken advantage of you.. :jawdrop: might want to start it up again tonight... :hammer2:

Jbb
08-26-2005, 06:46 AM
I'm just playin....
come down to my van anytime you want :p
Thats better :redface:

NOTALENT
08-26-2005, 06:46 AM
Park City is nice and there is a few nice lakes for boating right up by there. But living in park city is expensive as hell. we go there alot in the summer to hang out eat good food and have some beers at the breweries... :D :D
hehe..I love it there...never been during the snow season..I bet its a bitch... :rollside:

SummitKarl
08-26-2005, 06:47 AM
:d

riverbound
08-26-2005, 06:49 AM
I think withdrawls has realy taken advantage of you.. :jawdrop: might want to start it up again tonight... :hammer2:
NO not tonight...Friday night :D and ALL weekend. We land in Vegas at 11:00 I planon being drunk before we land :D

Flashover
08-26-2005, 06:51 AM
hehe..I love it there...never been during the snow season..I bet its a bitch... :rollside:
It's actually a really dam cool place to go in the winter because of all that goes on there at that time. but if you thought things were expensive in the summer look out when the snow hits. :D

NOTALENT
08-26-2005, 06:52 AM
NO not tonight...Friday night :D and ALL weekend. We land in Vegas at 11:00 I planon being drunk before we land :D
haha..thats the only way to roll...are u flying out of long beach??? and u meeting up with wyrd??

NOTALENT
08-26-2005, 06:54 AM
It's actually a really dam cool place to go in the winter because of all that goes on there at that time. but if you thought things were expensive in the summer look out when the snow hits. :D
haha..I believe it...but cant be as bad as CA...however since Im broke right now, maybe it just seems expensive... :D

riverbound
08-26-2005, 06:54 AM
haha..thats the only way to roll...are u flying out of long beach??? and u meeting up with wyrd??
flying out of Ontario and yes we are meeting up w/ WYRD up there.

Vada
08-26-2005, 06:58 AM
How about Alabama?

OutCole'd
08-26-2005, 07:06 AM
All I know is " BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR".
I moved to Vegas over 7 years ago from the SCV and would move back in a heart beat if I could.

roostwear
08-26-2005, 07:10 AM
In 9 years, I'm retiring to the Shack in BHC full time. The backup is build on our 320 acres in Utah. No river close, but I could build a drag strip and motocross track to while away the hours. :D

pjones
08-26-2005, 07:11 AM
How about Alabama?
Where men are men and the sheep are nervous....

pjones
08-26-2005, 07:12 AM
Hey!!!!
I'm a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not a dude!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
Just a figure of speech. Sorry....... :mix:

Vada
08-26-2005, 07:13 AM
Just a figure of speech. Sorry....... :mix:
I'm just joking anyways :burningm: :mix:

Vada
08-26-2005, 07:14 AM
Where men are men and the sheep are nervous....
Lmao!!! :D

pjones
08-26-2005, 07:15 AM
I'm just joking anyways :burningm: :mix:
well alrightyyyy then......

Magic34
08-26-2005, 07:15 AM
and also Park City, UT. I have always considered these places...Nice quiet towns, no traffic, Big cheap housing.
Park City... Big cheap housing??? It's damn expensive for house in Park City. Now Salt Lake City, cheaper.

superdave013
08-26-2005, 07:19 AM
Park City... Big cheap housing??? It's damn expensive for house in Park City. Now Salt Lake City, cheaper.
The burbs of the windy city are not low buck either.

Vada
08-26-2005, 07:20 AM
I'd give New York City a try if you want low buck living

Flashover
08-26-2005, 07:21 AM
Yup... :D

NOTALENT
08-26-2005, 07:21 AM
More house and land for the value....I should have said that differently..

Flashover
08-26-2005, 07:25 AM
More house and land for the value....I should have said that differently..
They are bulding like crazy up there right now... Houses,condos,shopping centers,big buisnesses,hotels. It's nutz.. :D

imbndvs
08-26-2005, 07:29 AM
The North Shore of Oahu Hawaii!!!
Perfect weather year round, great people, beach,great food and a lot of great drinks!

Flashover
08-26-2005, 07:32 AM
The North Shore of Oahu Hawaii!!!
Perfect weather year round, great people, beach,great food and a lot of great drinks!
AAAHHH yes Halieva that place kicks a$$ thats were we like to go when were are on Oahu. little old town feel nice and quite but great views gotta love it.. :D :D

NOTALENT
08-26-2005, 07:33 AM
Cour d'Lane ID.
If you've ever been there, you know why. :smile: :smile:
If not, it sucks, don't go there. :crossx: ;)
Forensic
http://www.liveincda.com/bin/web/real_estate?ZKEY=&acnt=AR130015&action=IMAGE&dir=about&pn=splash&ts=1118459038&/splash.jpg

SK48
08-26-2005, 07:34 AM
Give me a few years, going to build a house on the Snake River in
Burley, Idaho and spend most of the year there. I don't like cold winters
but the summer is beautiful. Will keep my house in Parker for the winter
months.

Vada
08-26-2005, 07:35 AM
I hate cold winters too! And it gets cold...but I would also miss the snow at Christmas time if I lived somewhere where it's warm all year round

ECeptor
08-26-2005, 07:40 AM
My gf would love to go back to Hawaii. She lived there for 5yrs and misses it dearly.
For me either Missouri or Arkansas would work just fine. Close enough to drive to visit family, great hills for scenery and some damn fine lakes. Oh yeah, and awesome roads to ride my motorcycle on!

superdave013
08-26-2005, 07:42 AM
Well said RB. That goes for people's job too. I hear my co-workers bitch all day every day. Will they do something about it? Sure they will, the'll wake up to bitch about the same crap anthor day. I, myself don't like it either. So at this point I'm waiting on the building inspector to check out my new shop. Should all be handled today.
As far as were to live. Lots of nice places. So Cal really should be the bottom of the heep for a boater. Other areas that have much nicer lakes and rivers.
But I moved from the mid west so I could skateboard year round and I wanted to race flatbottoms on the west coast. I know that just sounds crazy but it was the true reason I came out here. Those days are over but like RB, I love the lifestyle and am willing to put up with the BS.
I've seen a lot of people move away in the 20 years I've been here. All I can say is make sure you are going for the right reason. I've seen it over and over, guy moves and guess what? He hates it there too. If your not happy on the inside that will go with you no matter where you end up.

old school daycruiser
08-26-2005, 07:42 AM
Circle Track magazine got in trouble for printing this (true) story.
The owner of a famous race car parts company, finally got fed up with Southern California after being beat up (again) in the fenced parking lot of his large business. He decided after waking up that he was going to move the hell away from there.
When asked how he decided the new location of his business, he said "I put a Burrito on the hood of my truck, and just started driving until somebody asked what the hell it was"
Jay

NOTALENT
08-26-2005, 07:44 AM
Ahh, now you've gone and spilled the beans. ;)
dad built a house up there almost 15 years ago. That place is the most relaxing place I have ever been. The lake is 26 miles long with rivers into and out of it all over the place. I was just there 2 weeks ago. It was beautiful.
Forensic
I hear you there...my buddie works for masco and just got back from working there...he wont stop talking about it...showed me some pics and damn...it is beautiful....lake front acreage is going for about 600k+ and that wide open lake...makes dreams come true.. :D
Property value is going up quick there as well....

pjones
08-26-2005, 07:47 AM
Arkansas, Beautiful lakes, not crowded,
very low tax rate...

2Driver
08-26-2005, 07:54 AM
I've got too many teeth to live in Alabama. Hell, most NHL players have too many teeth to live in Alabama. Plus, my sister's already married.
LMAO..SSSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMM :2purples:

cdog
08-26-2005, 08:00 AM
Funny you ask about this subject. The wife and I struggle over this all the time. I just sold the house, but were renting back untill january or febuary. We write on our calender everyday weather we have a AZ day or CA day. For us it's either snottsdale or south oc. To be honest. Cali is going down the toilet. I was born and raised here. My wife is from Tucson. I don't have time to go surfing anymore. Nor do I enjoy snowboarding anymore either. I've had it with f'ed traffic, anytime you need anything you have to get on the damm frwy, now it takes 1 hour to drive what used to take 30 min., Everything is expensive as hell, A 2500 sqft house with a 3 car garage in a nice area is 800k+, Socal is turning into tijuana all around the nice areas and over all i'm just tired of the attitude's and egos. These are just some of my complaints. Other people see the good side to all that stuff. Unless money is no object, you really have to give up alot to live here. And to me it's just not worth it anymore. I would really like to get back into hunting, fishing and 4x4 in. You can't do that stuff in socal unless you want to drive 4 hours. It would be nice to have a little bit of a slower life. I think that's something that changes you with age. I don't know how young people make it here. My wife's 27 year old co worker live's with her parents in coto de caza. The only place she can afford to pay rent is a place where no one else speaks english. Good luck all. It think we're on our way out of here.

pjones
08-26-2005, 08:04 AM
Circle Track magazine got in trouble for printing this (true) story.
The owner of a famous race car parts company, finally got fed up with Southern California after being beat up (again) in the fenced parking lot of his large business. He decided after waking up that he was going to move the hell away from there.
When asked how he decided the new location of his business, he said "I put a Burrito on the hood of my truck, and just started driving until somebody asked what the hell it was"
Jay
That there's funny....

superdave013
08-26-2005, 08:07 AM
I've got too many teeth to live in Alabama. Hell, most NHL players have too many teeth to live in Alabama. Plus, my sister's already married.
So what are you saying about the people that live in Alabama? It almost sounds kinda racist to me. ;)
What do you think Cdog?

AzLakeLizard
08-26-2005, 08:12 AM
Park City is a world of its own(in a very good way)!.. Have a sister who lives up there and loves it!... we (mardonzi and I) are both former Utahrds and moved to Lake Powell.. we have no regrets on the move..

cdog
08-26-2005, 08:18 AM
So what are you saying about the people that live in Alabama? It almost sounds kinda racist to me. ;)
What do you think Cdog?
THAT"S AN OUTRAGE!!!!!! I thought swbob was MR. culture. :D As long as he has that opinoin, alabam will stay a great place to live. Long live the south!

Flashover
08-26-2005, 08:21 AM
Park City is a world of its own(in a very good way)!.. Have a sister who lives up there and loves it!... we (mardonzi and I) are both former Utahrds and moved to Lake Powell.. we have no regrets on the move..
Hey do you live in Page AZ :cool:

2Driver
08-26-2005, 08:30 AM
Funny you ask about this subject. The wife and I struggle over this all the time. I just sold the house, but were renting back untill january or febuary. We write on our calender everyday weather we have a AZ day or CA day. For us it's either snottsdale or south oc. To be honest. Cali is going down the toilet. I was born and raised here. My wife is from Tucson. I don't have time to go surfing anymore. Nor do I enjoy snowboarding anymore either. I've had it with f'ed traffic, anytime you need anything you have to get on the damm frwy, now it takes 1 hour to drive what used to take 30 min., Everything is expensive as hell, A 2500 sqft house with a 3 car garage in a nice area is 800k+, Socal is turning into tijuana all around the nice areas and over all i'm just tired of the attitude's and egos. These are just some of my complaints. Other people see the good side to all that stuff. Unless money is no object, you really have to give up alot to live here. And to me it's just not worth it anymore. I would really like to get back into hunting, fishing and 4x4 in. You can't do that stuff in socal unless you want to drive 4 hours. It would be nice to have a little bit of a slower life. I think that's something that changes you with age. I don't know how young people make it here. My wife's 27 year old co worker live's with her parents in coto de caza. The only place she can afford to pay rent is a place where no one else speaks english. Good luck all. It think we're on our way out of here.
Good luck on your hunt! LEt me know if I can help. We did OC, San Diego and LHC. Landed in Carefree (Foothills of North Scottsdale) and have been here longest. Has all the amenities and then some. (Great Lakes, easy commute to Phx, 3.5 hours to the River, elevation 2900, elbow room and great people)
http://www.carefree-cavecreek.com/
http://www.bartlettlake.com/photos/index.php our lake 17 mi away

cdog
08-26-2005, 08:43 AM
Good luck on your hunt! LEt me know if I can help. We did OC, San Diego and LHC. Landed in Carefree (Foothills of North Scottsdale) and have been here longest. Has all the amenities and then some. (Great Lakes, easy commute to Phx, 3.5 hours to the River, elevation 2900, elbow room and great people)
http://www.carefree-cavecreek.com/
http://www.bartlettlake.com/photos/index.php our lake 17 mi away
Thanks, Were looking forward to it. I'll be out there for a couple of weeks while in Broker school for my real estate lic. We'll have to get together sometime.

meaniam
08-26-2005, 08:47 AM
conn. virgina. maine somewhere that they have colonial style house
i have been all up and down the west coast was into bmx so i traveled the 5 states alot. lived in clackmas or. vancover wash. redmond wash. i really liked redmond wash 50 mile from canada. buetiful alot of traffic though

Vada
08-26-2005, 08:48 AM
I would go to Alabama if I were you.

cdog
08-26-2005, 08:55 AM
conn. virgina. maine somewhere that they have colonial style house
i have been all up and down the west coast was into bmx so i traveled the 5 states alot. lived in clackmas or. vancover wash. redmond wash. i really liked redmond wash 50 mile from canada. buetiful alot of traffic though
I've been to Virginia Beach. That place was like compton on the ocean. Lot's of lefty's in those parts.

AzLakeLizard
08-26-2005, 08:57 AM
Hey do you live in Page AZ :cool:
Yes we do!.. Love it here.. small town and the lake only 15 minutes away! :)

Foxy99
08-26-2005, 08:58 AM
Hey NT you know what I am gonna say!!
I'd move to Wyoming!! You still got snowboarding in the winter and Rivers in the summer...You can stay and play with my horses too!!!
*Plus than I can make fun of you when you say burrita's and warsh :yuk: :p

PlyaPlya22
08-26-2005, 09:00 AM
I would move to Hawaii or Florida :D

riverbound
08-26-2005, 09:00 AM
I'd move to Wyoming!! You still got snowboarding in the winter and Rivers in the summer...You can stay and play with my horses too!!!
Dont forget "taters" :D

PlyaPlya22
08-26-2005, 09:02 AM
Dont forget "taters" :D
and pop

Foxy99
08-26-2005, 09:03 AM
and pop
Nope that would be Sodie.. :D

NOTALENT
haha...are you from wyoming??? and isnt that the flat state.....???? not sure...sounds like a good place though if theres boarding and rivers...and you...oh I mean..umm yeah... :D
haha...BURRITA'S & WARSH!!!! LOL.. im gonna get u to say it tongiht... :rollside:

riverbound
Oh and "case-a-diller" (quesadilla) :)

Flashover
08-26-2005, 09:04 AM
Yes we do!.. Love it here.. small town and the lake only 15 minutes away! :)
I was wondering because i am thinking about applying for a job down there in Page but i Don't know much about the town. I am realy curious if it is a good place to live and what the cost's are like as well as for my daughter to go to school. I have been to Powell plenty of times but i am always on the water. never outside of the lake.. :D

riverbound
08-26-2005, 09:04 AM
haha...BURRITA'S & WARSH!!!! LOL.. im gonna get u to say it tongiht... :rollside:
You will laugh your a$$ off. I laughed almost the whole way to the river. :rollside:

Foxy99
08-26-2005, 09:07 AM
haha...are you from wyoming??? and isnt that the flat state.....???? not sure...sounds like a good place though if theres boarding and rivers...and you...oh I mean..umm yeah... :D
Here's my home.. Right out of Jackson Hole... Tons 'o Boarding!!
And Damn Beautiful may I add!!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2599wyo-med.bmp

NOTALENT
08-26-2005, 09:08 AM
Here's my home.. Right out of Jackson Hole... Tons 'o Boarding!!
And Damn Beautiful may I add!!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2599wyo-med.bmp
Damn....blow up the pic...that is beautiful!!

riverbound
08-26-2005, 09:11 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2599wyo.bmp

Foxy99
08-26-2005, 09:13 AM
Damn....blow up the pic...that is beautiful!!
Ahhh.. I do miss it :cry:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2599wyo_tetons.bmp http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2599wyo3.bmp

NOTALENT
08-26-2005, 09:15 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2599wyo_tetons.bmp http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2599wyo3.bmp
damn that is ...sweet....so you like it there better then CA?

riverbound
08-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Road trip ???

Foxy99
08-26-2005, 09:22 AM
You know they have both have the +/-...
I love the people's attitudes and lifestyles a lot more out there. They are so more lay back and not so busy out there.. They really don't care how much money each other has and they really don't flaunt things like people out here do. And you can by acres of land for nothing.. I think my mother payed 175,000 and got a 3 bedroom 3 bathroom on 5 acres of land....
But California has weather to die for.. No shoveling snow all winter and not having to worry about not being able to start your cars in the winter. Plus you make a whole lot more money out here than you would do out there - unless your in the medical field than your pay is about the same. Plus you can surf here and like RB sayed everything you ever need to do is here.

AzLakeLizard
08-26-2005, 09:23 AM
I was wondering because i am thinking about applying for a job down there in Page but i Don't know much about the town. I am realy curious if it is a good place to live and what the cost's are like as well as for my daughter to go to school. I have been to Powell plenty of times but i am always on the water. never outside of the lake.. :D
http://www.page-lakepowell.com/
We have been here going on 6 years.. have both kids in Highschool now, one a senior and one a freshman... 4 stop lights in town.. woohoo.. (our traffic comes during the tourist season) Schools are good and the sports are great for the kids! Football, soccer, baseball, track etc! Small town but close enough to lots of cool places.. 2 hours to flagstaff.. 2 hours to st george..3.5 to phoenix... 4 to vegas.. have the grand canyon, bryce, zion, monument valley, arches etc.. lots to do!... and of course Lake Powell! :rollside:

Flashover
08-26-2005, 09:27 AM
http://www.page-lakepowell.com/
We have been here going on 6 years.. have both kids in Highschool now, one a senior and one a freshman... 4 stop lights in town.. woohoo.. (our traffic comes during the tourist season) Schools are good and the sports are great for the kids! Football, soccer, baseball, track etc! Small town but close enough to lots of cool places.. 2 hours to flagstaff.. 2 hours to st george..3.5 to phoenix... 4 to vegas.. have the grand canyon, bryce, zion, monument valley, arches etc.. lots to do!... and of course Lake Powell! :rollside:
my daughter just started 7th grade and she plays alot of sports at school. i have to apply for this job by the 6th of sept. just wonder how it would be to live down there? I know i would like the weather and the lake. I just need help figuring this all out... :D

AzLakeLizard
08-26-2005, 09:27 AM
That is AWESOME!... my mother in law used to live in Wapiti WY .. east gate of Yellowstone.. Love that drive and the winters are DANG cold.. but the beauty of it stays with me!

doesitfloat?
08-26-2005, 09:29 AM
I was born and raised in NorCal. Spent last 5 years in Vegas. Been in Boise, Idaho for the last 10 months.
Take my advice: do not move to Idaho. The winters are 60 below. The summers are 120. It isn't one of the most beautiful states. There aren't any good lakes within minutes here. There aren't any places within minutes to ride motorcycles or snowmobiles. There isn't a snow skiing resort 20 minutes outside of town. I didn't buy a 3000' home in an awesome neighborhood for $280,000. It isn't worth $340,000+ 6 months later. My real estate investments didn't double in 8 months.
Please, for the love of God, spare yourself of this hell hole and do not move here. :)

NOTALENT
how cold is that water in the summer... :squiggle:

AzLakeLizard
my daughter just started 7th grade and she plays alot of sports at school. i have to apply for this job by the 6th of sept. just wonder how it would be to live down there? I know i would like the weather and the lake. I just need help figuring this all out... :D
Send and email / PM to Mardonzi.. he can give you more info on the cost of things around here! :)

Foxy99
08-26-2005, 09:30 AM
That is AWESOME!... my mother in law used to live in Wapiti WY .. east gate of Yellowstone.. Love that drive and the winters are DANG cold.. but the beauty of it stays with me!
Yes Yellowstone is really beautiful..
The winters are not that bad if you cuddle :) but when the wind picks up.. Oooh yeah you get snowburned.

AzLakeLizard
08-26-2005, 09:33 AM
how cold is that water in the summer... :squiggle:
BRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr!... Can you say BLUE LIPS?... well I guess it would have it's plus's... just a tad bit "nippy" :D

AzLakeLizard
08-26-2005, 09:36 AM
Yes Yellowstone is really beautiful..
The winters are not that bad if you cuddle :) but when the wind picks up.. Oooh yeah you get snowburned.
We went up there for new year's a while back.. stayed in their log cabin.. put our coats on and went sliding down the creek they had on the property.. falling on our butts.. frozen solid.. and had the deer on the front porch!..
When the wind picked up we went inside.. had hot toddies and played poker! :rollside:

Tyson Ross
08-26-2005, 09:41 AM
In Utah, don't you have to order at least a double to get a regular cocktail? :jawdrop:

AzLakeLizard
08-26-2005, 09:49 AM
In Utah, don't you have to order at least a double to get a regular cocktail? :jawdrop:
The drinks are metered... and they can't make a 3 liquer drink for you at the bar. :2purples: ..

superdave013
08-26-2005, 09:53 AM
It was meant to sound that way. I've been to Alabama and Mississippi. If you think those are great places to live, have at it. Don't let Arizona hit you in the ass on the way out.
So you ment to sound racist?? WOW, kinda like the beaner calling the honkey black isn't it?
I just find it funny how you got so upset at others and then turn around and do the same thing is all.
And as far as I go. I'm very happy living in So Cal, the melting pot for all colors and creeds. ;)

Flashover
08-26-2005, 09:53 AM
It's not as bad as people make it out to be. But they do meter all the liquer here when they pour it. and the beer has slightly less alcohol in it. but if you go to some of the local breweries and drink, you would never know the difference... They are also starting to ease up on the liquer laws. :D :D

cdog
08-26-2005, 09:55 AM
So you ment to sound racist?? WOW, kinda like the beaner calling the honkey black isn't it?
I just find it funny how you got so upset at others and then turn around and do the same thing is all.
And as far as I go. I'm very happy living in So Cal, the melting pot for all colors and creeds. ;)
I'm not touching any of that. It's pointless.

NOTALENT
08-26-2005, 09:57 AM
alot of good mormon girls there too huh??? :crossx:

riverbound
08-26-2005, 09:58 AM
The winters are not that bad if you cuddle :) .
:devil:

Flashover
08-26-2005, 09:59 AM
Curiouse Mormon girls who live very shelterd lifestyles and are just dying to break out of there shells.... :D :D :D

AzLakeLizard
08-26-2005, 10:00 AM
LOL.. not sure if you would call them "GOOD".. :p
It was very interesting growing up there as a Catholic girl.. (we have the BAD reputations...)

Wild Horses
08-26-2005, 10:03 AM
Lots of pretty girls to.
Clint

Flashover
08-26-2005, 10:08 AM
Lots of pretty girls to.
Clint
Hey Clint How are ya doin.. Havent seen you around here alot lately... :cool:

NOTALENT
08-26-2005, 10:08 AM
It was very interesting growing up there as a Catholic girl.. (we have the BAD reputations...)
hehe....I know...when I go there to visit...it's like open season... :devil:
I tried to date a mormon girl here once about 9 months ago...but she was way to into it... :frown: our personalities clicked, had alot in common. So we went on a date..I was planning on watching one of those teen movies...scary movie or something...and she said she couldnt watch a rater R movie...so we watched SHREK, Then I asked her if she wanted something to drink and she said, I cant have caffiene, then I said a couple bad words when having conversation and she covered her ears....haha...alot more things went wrong..
I like the currupted ones though.. :devil:

doesitfloat?
08-26-2005, 10:11 AM
That's so funny because living in Vegas and Idaho, I've seen some pretty hypocritical Mormon behavior. A few examples:
Mormon across the street goes to the National park and starts stealing loads of that red, crushed rock and other items for his garden and brags about it.
Mormon up the street pretends to live the perfect Mormon lifestyle with no stimulants, caffeine. alcohol, etc. yet is seen sneaking to the 7/11 late at night filling up her double gulp container full of coke.
Other neighbor preaches the Mormon "way" yet parties like a rock star as soon as the blender came out.
I have no general problems with Mormons and have become friends with some very cool ones. But some of them should just drop their self righteous front, let their hair down, and be honest with themselves and stop judging others.

Wild Horses
08-26-2005, 10:12 AM
Hey Clint How are ya doin.. Havent seen you around here alot lately... :cool:
I'm here everyday all day long, Just short on the postings.
I'm also doing great, every weekend to Bear Lake. Going to Havasu for Labor Day, trying to wear out the bottom of my boat with water.
Clint

Flashover
08-26-2005, 10:13 AM
That's so funny because living in Vegas and Idaho, I've seen some pretty hypocritical Mormon behavior. A few examples:
Mormon across the street goes to the National park and starts stealing loads of that red, crushed rock and other items for his garden and brags about it.
Mormon up the street pretends to live the perfect Mormon lifestyle with no stimulants, caffeine. alcohol, etc. yet is seen sneaking to the 7/11 late at night filling up her double gulp container full of coke.
Other neighbor preaches the Mormon "way" yet parties like a rock star as soon as the blender came out.
I have no general problems with Mormons and have become friends with some very cool ones. But some of them should just drop their self righteous front, let their hair down, and be honest with themselves and stop judging others.
Wow it's almost like you guys live here...

Flashover
08-26-2005, 10:14 AM
I'm here everyday all day long, Just short on the postings.
I'm also doing great, every weekend to Bear Lake. Going to Havasu for Labor Day, trying to wear out the bottom of my boat with water.
Clint
That's a good idea.. Im jealouse your going to havasu. we have a suite at the stillwater lodge at jodanell for the weekend, should be fun.. :crossx:

Foxy99
08-26-2005, 10:15 AM
We went up there for new year's a while back.. stayed in their log cabin.. put our coats on and went sliding down the creek they had on the property.. falling on our butts.. frozen solid.. and had the deer on the front porch!..
When the wind picked up we went inside.. had hot toddies and played poker! :rollside:
Yeah I miss waking up in the mornings and having the deer asleep on your porch.. I have come to figure that if you give them carrots they always come back and seem to know when your back in town. Did you get to see the buffalo when you drove on the out skirts of Yellowstone? I got out of the car and stood there as tons went running by - Talk about a thrill!!

doesitfloat?
08-26-2005, 10:18 AM
Wow it's almost like you guys live here...
Did I say anything about SLC? NO, I mentioned my neighbors in Vegas and Boise, probably the 2nd and 3rd biggest Mormon populations besides SLC.

AzLakeLizard
08-26-2005, 10:18 AM
Lots of pretty girls to.
Clint
Hi there Clint!..

cdog
08-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Ironicly Vegas is suppost to have more churches than casinos.

doesitfloat?
08-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Did I say anything about SLC? NO, I mentioned my neighbors in Vegas and Boise, probably the 2nd and 3rd biggest Mormon populations besides SLC.
Actually, I think I read your post wrong. We're you being sarcastic or agreeing?
Sorry if I took it wrong. ;)

Flashover
08-26-2005, 10:20 AM
What i mean by that is that it is just like that around here. They all seem to be the same no matter where you live.. I never would have thought vegas.... :crossx:

doesitfloat?
08-26-2005, 10:21 AM
Ironicly Vegas is suppost to have more churches than casinos.
It's true. And the Mormon church says it's ok to work in the casinos just not to gamble. Now that's consistency!
BTW, No Talent, sorry for the thread diversion!

AzLakeLizard
Yeah I miss waking up in the mornings and having the deer asleep on your porch.. I have come to figure that if you give them carrots they always come back and seem to know when your back in town. Did you get to see the buffalo when you drove on the out skirts of Yellowstone? I got out of the car and stood there as tons went running by - Talk about a thrill!!
When the herds go by the ground shakes!...
We just might have to make another trip up that direction this next year!

BigDoug
We moved from so-cal a year ago to Kingman Az. to get away from the hussle and bussle of L.A. life to slow down, the way life should be :) now im moving again to Havasu to be closer to the water and enjoy life somemore, money is not in object to us cause let's face it, when it's time to buckle down to make your boat, truck, or house payments you usually find a way. We are Americans that strive for what we desire in life, for some it's a different scale than others, not better or worse persay, it's all relative though. Im enjoying my life with my wife :) now, we just needed to slow down a bit. :)

doesitfloat?
08-26-2005, 10:23 AM
What i mean by that is that it is just like that around here. They all seem to be the same no matter where you live.. I never would have thought vegas.... :crossx:
Yeah after rereading, that's what I realized you were saying. Not the first time that I've talked (or typed) before thinking!

doesitfloat?
08-26-2005, 10:26 AM
No exagerration...5 of the 12 homes in our culdesac were Mormon in Vegas. And, man, are they throwing up some big, expensive churches everywhere.

AzLakeLizard
08-26-2005, 10:29 AM
and also Park City, UT. I have always considered these places...Nice quiet towns, no traffic, Big cheap housing.
http://www.parkcitymountain.com/summer
Here is a fun link to Park City!.. got to love the mountains! :rollside:

NOTALENT
08-26-2005, 10:34 AM
http://www.parkcitymountain.com/summer
Here is a fun link to Park City!.. got to love the mountains! :rollside:
thanks...I love that Alpine Slide..I use to go down that all day.... :220v:

RiverOtter
08-26-2005, 10:37 AM
How 'bout Destin FL ;)
http://sowal.com/bb/gallery/files/1/7/7/P1010521.JPG

Wild Horses
08-26-2005, 10:42 AM
Hi there Clint!..
How's Mary.

Flashover
08-26-2005, 10:44 AM
Yeah after rereading, that's what I realized you were saying. Not the first time that I've talked (or typed) before thinking!
No worries.... :D

Wild Horses
08-26-2005, 10:44 AM
We moved from so-cal a year ago to Kingman Az. to get away from the hussle and bussle of L.A. life to slow down, the way life should be :) now im moving again to Havasu to be closer to the water and enjoy life somemore, money is not in object to us cause let's face it, when it's time to buckle down to make your boat, truck, or house payments you usually find a way. We are Americans that strive for what we desire in life, for some it's a different scale than others, not better or worse persay, it's all relative though. Im enjoying my life with my wife :) now, we just needed to slow down a bit. :)
Doug, How is that new boat.
Clint

AzLakeLizard
08-26-2005, 10:50 AM
How's Mary.
I am doing great.. getting ready to head out for lunch!.. :D

Flashover
08-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Livin in lake powell sure does sound nice.. :crossx: :crossx:

AzLakeLizard
08-26-2005, 11:39 AM
Livin in lake powell sure does sound nice.. :crossx: :crossx:
It hasn't hurt us any!.. and from the sounds of it we will soon start our growing boom.. a new resort is being planned for just outside of Big Water Utah.. about a 15 minute drive from here.. a super walmart is being built and is supposed to open in January.. Greenhaven is in a housing boom.. (7 minutes from Page) .. seems that people are starting to like this area! :D

liquidasset
08-26-2005, 11:51 AM
I would like to move to Montana lots of big lakes ,and no sales taxes .

roostwear
08-26-2005, 12:05 PM
I'm very happy living in So Cal, the melting pot for all colors and creeds. ;)
This would imply that different races/ethnicities actually "melted" here, right? Let me ponder that as I drive through Little Saigon (among others).........

cdog
08-26-2005, 12:09 PM
How 'bout Destin FL ;)
http://sowal.com/bb/gallery/files/1/7/7/P1010521.JPG
I wish. If only my wife would go with me. She hates the humidity. One of my best friends live there.

doesitfloat?
08-26-2005, 12:13 PM
This would imply that different races/ethnicities actually "melted" here, right? Let me ponder that as I drive through Little Saigon (among others).........
:D :D

AzLakeLizard
08-26-2005, 12:21 PM
I wish. If only my wife would go with me. She hates the humidity. One of my best friends live there.
We have a friend who lives in Fort Pierce FL (sp) and we visited for a while.. very beautiful but the HUMIDITY really does suck!..
Also the need to lock your back door when you go to the front room in your house.. that bothered me a bit! :jawdrop:

RiverOtter
08-26-2005, 12:21 PM
Late June, July, and early Aug are the brutal months. They don't have 115 degree heat but boy do they have the humidity. Tell the little lady humidity isn't all bad. It's good for the complection :cool:

azgfboatgirl
08-26-2005, 12:22 PM
I wouldn't leave Arizona, but I would leave Phoenix..... :devil: :smile:

cdog
08-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Late June, July, and early Aug are the brutal months. They don't have 115 degree heat but boy do they have the humidity. Tell the little lady humidity isn't all bad. It's good for the complection :cool:
My friend lives in Destin and his family has a farm in Baker. We flew out there over laborday week 03 and had a great time. We hung out next to June's dunes on the beach all day, I had to rescue a couple of kids in the rip tide. Visited the vortex springs and went on a couple of boat rides. Your a very lucky person to live in such a beautiful place with such friendly people. The Redneck Riveria!

RiverOtter
08-26-2005, 12:34 PM
My friend lives in Destin and his family has a farm in Baker. We flew out there over laborday week 03 and had a great time. We hung out next to June's dunes on the beach all day, I had to rescue a couple of kids in the rip tide. Visited the vortex springs and went on a couple of boat rides. Your a very lucky person to live in such a beautiful place with such friendly people. The Redneck Riveria!
I don't live there .... yet.... but I have a couple of condos there and get down there 3 weeks or so per year. I love it. Next time you go get you buddy to take you to Grayton Beach. It's like you are in another country. You may never stay in Destin again. Here's a pic.
http://sowal.com/bb/gallery/files/1/7/7/P8170129.JPG

cdog
08-26-2005, 01:03 PM
WOW! It's beautiful. I will be out there again within the next year for sure.
This year we're going to Belieze.

SummitKarl
08-26-2005, 01:18 PM
I wouldn't leave Arizona, but I would leave Phoenix..... :devil: :smile:
I sence a zip code change in your NEAR future

RiverOtter
08-26-2005, 01:44 PM
WOW! It's beautiful. I will be out there again within the next year for sure.
This year we're going to Belieze.
Never been to Belieze but I hear it's awesome! :cool:

guardrail
08-26-2005, 02:54 PM
destin is beautiful, I live in FL and wouldn't trade it for anything. No emissions, low COL, gas is steadily rising tho :( up to 2.55 now. I live in Jacksonville, and we're kind of podunk, but its nice, pretty quite, low crime rate. Can't run the jetboat anywhere in town tho, it's all salt water.

RiverOtter
08-26-2005, 06:14 PM
destin is beautiful, I live in FL and wouldn't trade it for anything. No emissions, low COL, gas is steadily rising tho :( up to 2.55 now. I live in Jacksonville, and we're kind of podunk, but its nice, pretty quite, low crime rate. Can't run the jetboat anywhere in town tho, it's all salt water.
Can't run a jet in saltwater???

HighRoller
08-26-2005, 06:34 PM
You can, as long as you realize the effect of saltwater passing by an aluminum surface at high speeds. I'll save you the trouble: RAPID corrosion. While it's true that Aluminum doesn't rust, it does corrode in saltwater environments.
BTW, I'd move to Nevada. DOH. Nevermind. All you fockers stay in Cali, dammit.

RiverOtter
08-27-2005, 04:38 AM
left calie moved to ut,maybe move to az or kentucky?
T&B, you would not believe the lake in KY. WOW! :cool:

RiverOtter
08-27-2005, 04:39 AM
You can, as long as you realize the effect of saltwater passing by an aluminum surface at high speeds. I'll save you the trouble: RAPID corrosion. While it's true that Aluminum doesn't rust, it does corrode in saltwater environments.
BTW, I'd move to Nevada. DOH. Nevermind. All you fockers stay in Cali, dammit.
I'm sure it's apples and oranges but what about all the jet skiis in saltwater?

sorry dog
08-27-2005, 10:09 AM
It was meant to sound that way. I've been to Alabama and Mississippi. If you think those are great places to live, have at it. Don't let Arizona hit you in the ass on the way out.
He's probably still sore about getting his ass kicked after making fun of sweet tea.
BTW - Destin/Pensacola was actually Alabama... then Florida stole it and put in plumbing, paved roads, and shit.
Bob - if you come back, I'll make sure you have a better time. Snipe hunting is fun!

Vada
08-27-2005, 10:10 AM
I would definately go to Cali!

guardrail
08-27-2005, 08:22 PM
open engine bay/polished parts/chrome headers and an aluminum jet drive doesn't jive with the salt water. Not so much the jet as myuch as the pretty parts that will get eaten to death. We generally take it to suwannee in the springs.