PDA

View Full Version : programmer or not to programmer.

pjones
08-26-2005, 07:23 AM
Looking for the general consensus of the
hypertech programmer deal..
If you've used it are you pleased?
Is it worth the $300.00?
Oh yea. I'm referring to the one for a gasburner GMC 5.7.
Thanks, PJ

Flashover
08-26-2005, 07:26 AM
I have been wondering the same thing. (98 chev 5.7L)

Havasu Hangin'
08-26-2005, 07:28 AM
A custom tune...'nuff said.

wildbillg
08-26-2005, 07:32 AM
Ive got one I use in my v-10 and i love it, I took it out and loaned it to a friend and he is buying one now.
incressed shift points, incressed top speed, you can change the setting for the speedo for what tires you are running plus a lot more shit, not to mention you can read the DTC's (codes), when or if it throws them...
I LOVE IT :rollside:

pjones
08-26-2005, 07:40 AM
Ive got one I use in my v-10 and i love it, I took it out and loaned it to a friend and he is buying one now.
incressed shift points, incressed top speed, you can change the setting for the speedo for what tires you are running plus a lot more shit, not to mention you can read the DTC's (codes), when or if it throws them...
I LOVE IT :rollside:
I thought once you plugged it in to your vehicle it
was exclusive to that vehicle. I didn't realize you could share
it w/ another unit ?

riverbound
08-26-2005, 07:44 AM
I thought once you plugged it in to your vehicle it
was exclusive to that vehicle. I didn't realize you could share
it w/ another unit ?
You can only share if the first vehicle is returned back to "STOCK" programming.

pjones
08-26-2005, 07:50 AM
You can only share if the first vehicle is returned back to "STOCK" programming.
That would xplain why I see em on ebay...
Did not know that...

Quality Time
08-26-2005, 08:01 AM
I got one just to calibrate the bigger tires to the speedo :mad:

scarabrick2
08-26-2005, 08:38 AM
I got one I'll sell you. I sent it back for updates and to clear the vin #
@200 bucks thats half what they are new.
Rick

76ANTHONY
08-26-2005, 08:46 AM
YES, they are well worth tthe money, big shift change when towing and better gas mileage :skull: :idea: :rollside:

goneboatin
08-26-2005, 09:18 AM
If you have a gas engine, don't look for any performance gains. If you just want to change your shift point, change your speed governer, or calibrate your speedo to your tires - then it's good.
If you want performance, then go with a custom tune like Westers (http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/truckcatalog.html).
If you have a diesel, a handheld will make big changes, but not so with a gas engine.