PDA

View Full Version : Mallory Comp 110 questions

Boater Bill
08-23-2003, 03:09 PM
I have an almost new Comp 110 fuel pump that is registering only about 5.5 - 6 lbs of pressure. I've changed the f/p gauge and readings were the same on both the old and new gauge. In reading the literature that comes with it, Mallory suggests if pressure is low, to dissamble pump and clean because of possible debris. Filter was after the pump inlet when the problem started, I've changed it to before the pump. Now my questions. Seems easy to do according to the instructions, is it? This pump has limited pressure adjustment, do I screw the adjustment screw "in" or "out" to increase pressure?
Filter has been checked/cleaned, lines to pump and to carb are #8. Gauge is mounted on the first "T" feeding the carb. Any/all input or suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rexone
08-23-2003, 04:52 PM
What pressure did it put out originally before the problem?
Probably got some garbage through it. I haven't had one apart for awhile so I'd have to check on the pressure adjust, but I would check for dirt and crap first. Mallory's are usually pretty trouble free.

Boater Bill
08-24-2003, 11:58 AM
Pressure was a tick under 7 when new. Took the pump off today, no sign of debris but blew it out anyway, did not disassemble. Cleaned electrical connections, still @ 6lbs. Will play with the pressure adjust screw tonight when my "crew" gets home.

77charger
08-24-2003, 07:01 PM
I had one before didnt last long mine dropped to 3.5 pounds then i tried to clean it ended up smashing it and never bought a self regulating pump again.I had a comp 140 on my boat for a while was happy with that but it was a loaner so i had to give it back

spectras only
08-25-2003, 12:56 PM
BB, I have the 110 Mallory with the built in regulator .It should be set to 7 # and make sure it's mounted as deep as possible in your bilge.You turn the allen screw in to obtain higher pressure, screw out for less.

Thunderbutt
08-26-2003, 09:18 AM
I had the same problem, I toke it apart and found it was clean. So I adjusted the by-pass and increased the pressure to 7#. There tech rep told me there pump doesn't like to pull the fuel. My tube goes into the top of my tanks so the pump has to suck fuel up 20 inches before it goes down to the pump.

Boater Bill
08-26-2003, 08:04 PM
Guys,thanks for the info. Was kinda bummed spending that kind of money and having issues so soon.