PDA

View Full Version : LHC Cable Company

Havasu_Dreamin
08-27-2005, 01:00 PM
Who is the local cable provider in LHC and does anyone have their website?

h2oski2fast
08-27-2005, 01:01 PM
npg cable.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-27-2005, 01:04 PM
Thanks.

Dusty Times
08-27-2005, 01:15 PM
F-Um
Go for one of the sat. companies

djunkie
08-27-2005, 01:21 PM
Sat is great if you have it at home. That way you just bring your card from home and put it in. I have cable because of the renters. For cable I used Cablevision

voodoomedman
08-27-2005, 01:25 PM
Sat is great if you have it at home. That way you just bring your card from home and put it in. I have cable because of the renters. For cable I used Cablevision
Card doesn't work but bring the whole box and it will. They somewhat allow it too. They allow it for RV use. My RV just is stick built on a foundation and doesn't have wheels. Just don't tell them what your doing. It's the same principle as an RV though. You want your sattelite when your at your fun spot. You just buy a dish off of ebay for 15 bucks and set it up yourself and your all set.

djunkie
08-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Card doesn't work but bring the whole box and it will. They somewhat allow it too. They allow it for RV use. My RV just is stick built on a foundation and doesn't have wheels. Just don't tell them what your doing. It's the same principle as an RV though. You want your sattelite when your at your fun spot. You just buy a dish off of ebay for 15 bucks and set it up yourself and your all set.
Make sure its bolted down good to the house though. My neighbors blows over all the time from those afternoon winds.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-27-2005, 01:40 PM
We already have DirectTv at the house. I'm looking into high speed internet and want to compare the cable copmany offering vs. the phone company offering.

voodoomedman
08-27-2005, 01:42 PM
Make sure its bolted down good to the house though. My neighbors blows over all the time from those afternoon winds.
Mines bolted really well and it's on the other side of the roof from where the wind usually comes.

voodoomedman
08-27-2005, 01:43 PM
We already have DirectTv at the house. I'm looking into high speed internet and want to compare the cable copmany offering vs. the phone company offering.
What kind of computer are you using? A laptop????? If so then maybe get a cellular card so you just take it back and forth from home to havi home.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-27-2005, 01:46 PM
What kind of computer are you using? A laptop????? If so then maybe get a cellular card so you just take it back and forth from home to havi home.
What's the deal with those? Yes, it would be with a laptop.

voodoomedman
08-27-2005, 01:55 PM
What's the deal with those? Yes, it would be with a laptop.
They are pretty cool. I have one for on my laptop for work. Around SoCal is a broadband area. The more bars the better. It will work in other areas that are not broadband and be a little slower. It's just something to check into. I think it's like 50 bucks a month with Verizon but that may be a cheaper price for my company. With anything you have to check details and see if it works for you. Unfortunately my doesn't work at the Havasu house even though I think Verizon works in Havasu. Just no signal at my house. Kinda sucks but it works here for business and that is why they are supplying it. Just thought it was something for you to check into.

voodoomedman
08-27-2005, 01:57 PM
What else is cool is whoever isn't driving can surf the net and stuff and also check directions or traffic or whatever if need be.

djunkie
08-27-2005, 02:02 PM
I believe the individual cards are tied to the receiver S/N they're activated against. At least that's how DirecTV works. If you put an access card into a different receiver, I think it says "Wrong Access Card."
It must have changed then. I haven't had satelitle for a few years. We used to take my buddies chipped card to all our friends houses and get all the channels.

voodoomedman
08-27-2005, 02:06 PM
It must have changed then. I haven't had satelitle for a few years. We used to take my buddies chipped card to all our friends houses and get all the channels.
Well when your using the illegal cards then yeah it works. For legitimate ones you need the matching box.

djunkie
08-27-2005, 02:07 PM
Well when your using the illegal cards then yeah it works. For legitimate ones you need the matching box.
AHHH I C

djunkie
08-27-2005, 02:08 PM
No such thing as illegal cards anymore. ;)
Ya I haven't heard about them for a while. I wouldn't really know, I got rid of my satelitle and got digital cable a few years ago. Very happy with it and no dealing with east coast time BS on it.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-27-2005, 02:10 PM
no dealing with east coast time BS on it.
What's up with this? Never had that problem in the 3 years we've had Direct TV but hear people bitching about it. :confused:

djunkie
08-27-2005, 02:25 PM
What's up with this? Never had that problem in the 3 years we've had Direct TV but hear people bitching about it. :confused:
Well before we got sat. we had regular cable. There were certain shows that we like to watch at 8-9 pm on certain channels. Well on the sat. they showed those shows on the east coast scheduling so they would be on at 5 pm here. Didn't work out well for us.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-27-2005, 02:32 PM
Well before we got sat. we had regular cable. There were certain shows that we like to watch at 8-9 pm on certain channels. Well on the sat. they showed those shows on the east coast scheduling so they would be on at 5 pm here. Didn't work out well for us.
My friend has the same deal with his Dish Network. Our Direct TV is not like that. Sounds like dish sucks ass!

djunkie
08-27-2005, 02:39 PM
My friend has the same deal with his Dish Network. Our Direct TV is not like that. Sounds like dish sucks ass!
Really. I had Direct tv. Maybe they changed it. Like I said I haven't had sat. for a few years so it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

cola
08-27-2005, 02:44 PM
$$$$ talk to Gary (force 26 )

cola
08-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Scott, I use cable for high speed internet in Havase, it was the best deal for us, as we use cell phones. $ 70 + for TV & internet.
Late, Mike

AzDon
08-27-2005, 03:23 PM
I just checked on the cable deal in Havasu because $80 for phone and DSL plus $60 for Dish equals $140!
The cable company has a new subscribers special that is $80/mo for the first year and includes digital channels and HBO package as well as Cheetah High Speed which does not use a telephone connection. Hook up with VOIP ($25 month) and ditch the phone company completely while calling unlimited long distance.
Since I'm currently in early retirement, I have a lot of time to consider ways to save $$$

Havasu_Dreamin
08-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Well, I'll keep my Direct Tv, all I would need from the cable company is the internet access which is oly $39.95 per month.