PDA

View Full Version : Whats fastest??

Towndrunk
08-27-2005, 01:17 PM
A flat or a runner utilizing maximum setup and equal horsepower . Differences in handleing, etc.

Morg
08-27-2005, 01:46 PM
Glass water the runner will be faster. They have less surface area hitting the water.
Lake & river real world condition, my Revenge will handle chop better, essentialy I can stay on the gas over the shit, Where a runner will more than likely have to let off the gas.

dmontzsta
08-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Good post Morg.
I raced a Hondo T Deck Runner at Elsinore he had a 468 I had a heavy ass mild 390 flat and took him by about 1-2 boats, it was some good chop too, he couldnt hang through it.

Towndrunk
08-27-2005, 02:23 PM
Good post Morg.
I raced a Hondo T Deck Runner at Elsinore he had a 468 I had a heavy ass mild 390 flat and took him by about 1-2 boats, it was some good chop too, he couldnt hang through it.
What kind of speed do youget with that 390?

FLYTE RISK
08-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Good post Morg.
His 468 must have needed a rebuild!! :boxed:

08-27-2005, 04:27 PM
His 468 must have needed a rebuild!! :boxed:
Just can't accept the fact that a Ford beat a Chevy? :cry: :D :D :D

Squirtin Thunder
08-27-2005, 08:28 PM
:) I enjoy it !!! :)

Fiat48
08-27-2005, 09:35 PM
The one with the blower will be faster.

steelcomp
08-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Naaaa, the tunnel ram...unless it's bent! :supp:

Monkey Bung
08-27-2005, 10:41 PM
Typical Bob...always on the "ford" ban wagon. :)

BUSBY
08-27-2005, 11:33 PM
Naaaa, the tunnel ram...unless it's bent! :supp:
Awww ... you'd have to go there ... :D

BUSBY
08-27-2005, 11:34 PM
The one with the blower will be faster.
:D :D :D

dmontzsta
08-28-2005, 06:38 AM
What kind of speed do youget with that 390?
It ran right around 71mph.
Flyte: The guy came up to us on the beach (a few HB members there) told us it was his 3rd trip out with the boat. It was a 468 9:1, stock heads, big cam, nothing too crazy. The 390 was STOCK with a manifold, big cam, good carb and tuned right.
The key to this victory was pure driver. He didnt know what to do with the little bit of chop. I have the video too, I can post it up but it is too big, there was 3 seperate races and the guy came out to pick on me.

steve d
08-28-2005, 07:00 AM
Glass water the runner will be faster. They have less surface area hitting the water.
Lake & river real world condition, my Revenge will handle chop better, essentialy I can stay on the gas over the shit, Where a runner will more than likely have to let off the gas.
Morg---What do you think your hull weighs?...curious--Steve

Morg
08-28-2005, 07:07 AM
Morg---What do you think your hull weighs?...curious--Steve
My deal was built as a super stock. I have been told it is was around 425 lbs. I am guessing with the nytex & fiberglass that I put in it, if it was 425 it is probably around 475-500 now.
My old Hondo was a battle ship it weighed a ton. This Revenge is so much more responsize than my old deal.

steve d
08-28-2005, 07:26 AM
My deal was built as a super stock. I have been told it is was around 425 lbs. I am guessing with the nytex & fiberglass that I put in it, if it was 425 it is probably around 475-500 now.
My old Hondo was a battle ship it weighed a ton. This Revenge is so much more responsize than my old deal.
Mines a K now but I was told it was built to be raced as pro stock or k. I need to weigh it. I have nothing to compare to except I drove one of Bolton's Spitfires--I know they are a little heavier--ask Billy. Did you add support in certain areas or just bulk up?
Thanks....Steve

shadetreedon
08-28-2005, 08:17 AM
I am dmontzsta' dad. I was driving the boat at the time, we had 2-3 different races in the chop and each time I pulled away. I know the runner should have got the heavy underpowered flat, but he did not know how to drive that thing, especially through the chop.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-28-2005, 08:43 AM
I am dmontzsta' dad. I was driving the boat at the time, we had 2-3 different races in the chop and each time I pulled away. I know the runner should have got the heavy underpowered flat, but he did not know how to drive that thing, especially through the chop.
Finally!! Shadetree throws up a post! :D thanks for clearing up the details.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-28-2005, 08:45 AM
Mines a K now but I was told it was built to be raced as pro stock or k. I need to weigh it. I have nothing to compare to except I drove one of Bolton's Spitfires--I know they are a little heavier--ask Billy. Did you add support in certain areas or just bulk up?
Thanks....Steve
Steve, we would all love to see some of your progress pics. How bout it? I'll post them for you if need be.
--Jerry :cool:

Squirtin Thunder
08-28-2005, 09:18 AM
Finally!! Shadetree throws up a post! :D thanks for clearing up the details.
Nice of you to finally join us !!! :D

Bob Hostetter
08-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Alright, my dumb question for the month.......
Why are the circle flatbottoms more stable in rough water then a runnerbottom? I think I understand why they turn better but why are they better in heavier chop?

Morg
08-28-2005, 02:54 PM
There are other who know better. All I can tell you is how impressed I am with how my Revenge eats up the rough water. It is constantly moving around but never feels out of shape. I was able to catch up & pass a jet in the middle of a fairly large lake.
In all fairness I have not owned a runner, Just driven my bro's & to tell you the truth, The last time ran it a little to hard in some rough stuff, He has not let me drive it since.
All I know is, I was able to run wide open where he lifted. :) :)

dmontzsta
08-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Hey Jer and Jim, he has actually been on a while, his old name "shadetree" is lost, he doesnt remember the password and sent for it but they never sent it back, I am still trying to help him locate it. :)
He promised to try and post more.

08-28-2005, 05:45 PM
It ran right around 71mph.
Flyte: The guy came up to us on the beach (a few HB members there) told us it was his 3rd trip out with the boat. It was a 468 9:1, stock heads, big cam, nothing too crazy. The 390 was STOCK with a manifold, big cam, good carb and tuned right.
The key to this victory was pure driver. He didnt know what to do with the little bit of chop. I have the video too, I can post it up but it is too big, there was 3 seperate races and the guy came out to pick on me.
Awww, Damn, Don ....you should have let Flyte just dwell on the fact that a Ford beat a Chevy, Ya didn't need to give him all the details :D :D :D

08-28-2005, 05:46 PM
Typical Bob...always on the "ford" ban wagon. :)
Somebody has to counter all you Chevy guys :hammerhea :wink:

dmontzsta
08-28-2005, 05:54 PM
Awww, Damn, Don ....you should have let Flyte just dwell on the fact that a Ford beat a Chevy, Ya didn't need to give him all the details :D :D :D
Shit, you are right...as always. I am learning! :)

steve d
08-28-2005, 06:43 PM
Steve, we would all love to see some of your progress pics. How bout it? I'll post them for you if need be.
--Jerry :cool:
Thanks Jerry----Slow process AS YOU WELL KNOW!!.....Gathering engine pieces---- they're in a box. Will let you know if there is anything significant. As of now I thank all you guys for giving me renewed interest. Saw your boat -----looks great........Thanks for your time----Steve

FLYTE RISK
08-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Shit, you are right...as always. I am learning! :)
058 It must have been tsunami type condition's for Dmonsta's flat to win that race!!! ;)

Jetboatguru
08-29-2005, 03:23 PM
I can tell ya what is the slowest..
It would be anything Flyte builds
or anything that he is doink doink doinking down the lake. BWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :smile:

FLYTE RISK
08-29-2005, 06:24 PM
I can tell ya what is the slowest..
It would be anything Flyte builds
or anything that he is doink doink doinking down the lake. BWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :smile:
Ya know your probably right, Yet I do learn from my own mistakes.. And I do build my own!! as well as doink my own!! :p s :D

Jetboatguru
08-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Who loves ya Dave!!!