PDA

View Full Version : lets all drop gas prices

Kiddunot
08-27-2005, 05:40 PM
Ok everyone, this can work if we all participate. Lets boycott together and not purchase gas on september 1.
I know it will work, hopefully gas prices will drop and we will be able to afford to run our boats on the river instead of floating on it.

NOTALENT
08-27-2005, 05:40 PM
umm...dude...no offense..but you got high hopes...

wetdog
08-27-2005, 05:41 PM
im in

riverbound
08-27-2005, 05:48 PM
Im on empty Bro :frown:

Rexone
08-27-2005, 05:54 PM
one day would have no impact IMO. It would take a concerted longer term boycott to have any effect. Never will happen, everyone needs gas (and that's the problem). In Europe they've been paying $4-5 for years. They still drive. Gas prices will affect other things, like size of cars, number and scope of toys that use gas, as well as other things sacraficed so people can continue to buy more expensive gas, drive to and from work ect, and play with gas op toys. Oil co's are getting rich (because they can). It ain't the independent gas station owners who make a few pennies a gallon. They're just at the mercy of the wholesale prices they buy gas at.
$110 almost filled my sub last night btw. :(

Squirtin Thunder
08-27-2005, 06:01 PM
I am in 100% but it would help if it were more like a 3 day period.
If we all work together on this we could win.
Remember what the big trucks did a few years ago ???
BTW it costs me about $90 to fill each tank so $180 each fill up.

HocusPocus
08-27-2005, 06:08 PM
im in.. i only fill up my truck every other week, even then its only half empty. :)

h2oski2fast
08-27-2005, 06:14 PM
How do you figure this will work? Ok, lets say you don't fill your vehicle up on Sept 1st, cool, but you need gas so you fill up the next day. Even though if you filled up with gas on the 1st, then you wouldn't have filled up on the 2nd. In a 2 day period you filled up the vehicle with the same amount of gas. :confused: :confused: :confused:
If you want to make a difference, get all the moms that are running around all day while the kiddies are in school with the SUV to slow up their driving to the malls everyday, just cause Nordies is having a sale on shoes. Now that would work, but a snowballs chance in hell getting it to happen.

Razors Edge
08-27-2005, 06:20 PM
I got this by email a few weeks ago and thought it might just work. The numbers might not make sense but I think you will get the idea.
Worth a try !!
Received the following which sounds like a good idea. A very
interesting idea...will it work ? Apparently we are going to hit close
to $1.35 a litre by the winter.
Want petrol prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Philip Hollsworth, offered this good idea. This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain "day"campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt ourselves" by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read it and join in! Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP at .89 / .95 cents, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that
WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one .BP) If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!! I am sending this note to a; lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!
Again,all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (and not buy at BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.
PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 80cents a LITRE RANGE. It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Caltex, Mobil, g,a.s. or Gulf Outlets and drive by BP Stations.
Whatayareckon??

Kaos1
08-27-2005, 06:35 PM
The way that I see it is if everyone did not buy gas for one day, the next day would be a double for the oil companies and there would be ungodly lines at the pumps. They would sell the same amount of gas for the month, there would just be a one day gap on the sales report...... The end result would be the same......The only way to affect them that I can see would be to conserve gas on a daily basis (i.e. ride you bike to work, walk, whatever). A lot of American's have gotten too lazy to do that though so I am convinced we are at the mercy of those rich bastards. I would gladly participate just to show them we are trying to do something about it though! The price of oil is getting out of control and we are still buying just as much of it so why would they lower the price!!!!!!!!!!

cave
08-27-2005, 06:38 PM
The oil cartel is a good ol boys club. They stick together. We could hurt them all if we really focused on an alternative fuel. We can send a ship into space I'm sure we could fuel a car here. Would be nice to see our farmers put those Saudis back under the desert where they belong. 6 ft under

uvindex
08-27-2005, 06:38 PM
I got this by email a few weeks ago and thought it might just work.
Whatayareckon??See http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/nogas.asp
and
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/gasout.htm :)

Kaos1
08-27-2005, 06:40 PM
I do not know for sure but I have been told that Chevron uses BP gas. Correct me if I'm wrong.

MudPumper
08-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Dude, I'm sure you just as well as I and probably everyone else on this board can't get a small group of people to leave on time for a river trip. How in the hell is anybody going to get everybody to not buy gas for one day? :D

Throttle
08-27-2005, 09:59 PM
now theres a day I wont be buyin gas for sure, I will not be runnin da boat that weekend. Tht will show em! mmmmmmmm????????????

voodoomedman
08-28-2005, 08:11 AM
I do not know for sure but I have been told that Chevron uses BP gas. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Are you sure your not talking about Arco. They were just bought by BP. All there signs and stuff say it. Arco a BP company.

Kiddunot
08-28-2005, 11:56 PM
OH well i guess it was worth a try!

Floored
08-29-2005, 07:21 AM
I just don't understand why our Men and Women are dying to protect the Arabs just so they can screw the hell out of us. :mad:

Flip
08-29-2005, 07:52 AM
B I O D I E S E L

BigBlockBaja
08-29-2005, 08:05 AM
B I O D I E S E L
I saw that on trucks yesterday and Stacey said it costs about 80 cents a gallon to make. Wont be long before the goverment snags that up.

Dribble
08-29-2005, 08:10 AM
I wondered why that idea hadn't come up again by now. It won't work.
If you want to actually lower prices do what no one (including me) is willing to do.
(1) Stop using the boat, quads, motorhome, travel trailer etc..
(2) Cut your driving by 15%
(3) Knock off the jack-rabbit starts and stops.
(4) Leave that classic hot rod in the garage.
(5) Quit buying tires, boats, wakeboards and other things made of oil.
(6) Ride your bicycle.
Who else is in ?????

97SunsetterLX
08-29-2005, 08:29 AM
This is amazing but, according to Wall Street analysts, the economy will not see a significant negative impact from petroleum pricing until barrels are in the $80 - $90 range. Lets hope we don’t get there…

sleekcraft137
08-29-2005, 09:37 AM
So why not buy gas on sept 1st.?? Doesn't that just mean there will be twice the sales on sept. 2nd??? Instead of boycotting all gas stations on one day, we should boycott one gas station all together for months at a time and drive them outta business. That might send a better message. :crossx:

Floored
08-29-2005, 10:59 AM
I rolled out the Harley. 6.00 for the week vs 25.00 for the week. :D

2Driver
08-29-2005, 03:16 PM
It will work. You just left off the second part about invading Venezuela and taking over the government and all the natural resources :)

Riverdog1
08-31-2005, 11:19 AM
Just thought I would share this other idea as well. I got this email the other day and it really does make sense.
Don't you just hate high gas prices. Please read and pass along to all your employees. Ask them to pass it along to everyone they know ... It just might help to lower the prices soon...
It's worth a try, besides they are usually higher anyway.
> Subject: gas prices
>
>
> This was sent to me and it sounded interesting, wouldn't it be nice if
> it
> worked. So, I am forwarding it on to you to read.
>
>
>
> I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the end of
> summer.
> Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent,
united
> action. Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea: This makes MUCH
> MORE
> SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was
going
> around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that
because
> they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy
gas.
> It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
BUT,
> whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really
work.
> Please read it and join with us! By now you're probably thinking
> gasoline
> priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.75
for
> regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC
nations
> have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP
> at
> $1.50-$1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that
BUYERS
> control the marketplace.... not sellers. With the price of gasoline
going
up
> more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are
going
> to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the
> pocketbook
by
> not purchasing their gas! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting
> ourselves.
How?
> Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we
> CAN
> have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price
war.
> Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON"T purchase ANY
gasoline
from
> the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If
> they
are
> not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If
they
> reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But
> to
> have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil
gas
> buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp (sic) out on me at
this
> point.. keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach
> millions
of
> people!! I am sending this note to about 225 people. If each of you
> send
it
> to at least ten more (225 x 10 = 2250)... and those 2250 send it to at
least
> ten more (2,250 x 10 = 22,500) ... and so on, by the time the message
> reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached MILLIONS
> consumers! Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people and
DON"T
> purchase ANY gasoline from EXXON and MOBIL. That's all. How long
would
all
> that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people
> within
one
> day of receipt, all could conceivably be contacted within the next 8
days!!!
> I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!
Acting
> together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please
pass
> this message on. PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE
$1.30
> RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK
>
>

Nord
08-31-2005, 11:52 AM
NO IMPACT GUARANTEED!!!!!!
Come on you guys are you F'ing serious?????

Nord
08-31-2005, 11:53 AM
Buy gas from Arco and save a couple pennies!!!

BBTAHITI
08-31-2005, 12:42 PM
There's only one way there'll be any impact on the oil companies. Just use less. Period. Boycotting for one day will do what? Create a traffic jam the next morning!

JLaughreySS24
08-31-2005, 01:13 PM
Not buying gas for one day will never work. If we just stopped buying gas from certain stations like chevron or 76 all together, I think that would make more of an impact but the its almost impossible to get everyone to do that too!! You would have to get like one guy out in front of a chevron and throw tomatoes or some shit at your car to get you not to buy from them!!!

boatnam2
08-31-2005, 02:21 PM
we are completly out of diesel,cant say i remember in my 15 years here are all of our tanks empty at one time.