PDA

View Full Version : Scuppers For A Tunnel Jet Boat ???????

atxwrangler
08-27-2005, 06:41 PM
OK, I THOUGHT I HAD THIS FIGURED OUT,BUT REALIZED I DONT.I HAVE READ THE ROUND FLAT ONES THAT I PLANNED ON USING ARE NOT RATED FOR UNDER THE WATER LINE USAGE.THIS LEAVES THE PLASTIC CONE ONES WITH THE BALL IN THEM,AND THE DUCKBILL TYPE TO MY CURRENT KNOWLEDGE. ANY RECOMENDATIONS? THANX! :idea:

DeputyDawg
08-27-2005, 07:18 PM
Drain plugs dude.

atxwrangler
08-27-2005, 07:37 PM
I RUN WET HEADERS AS OF NOW, ALL THE WATER THAT COMER THROUGH THE WEEP HOLES, FALLS INTO THE SIDE TUNNELS,.THEY WOULD FILL UP PRETTY FAST. :confused:

atxwrangler
08-27-2005, 07:38 PM
BY THE WAY,DEPUTY,I FOUND A LOADER A FRIEND IS GOING TO LET ME TRY,IF IT DOESN'T PERFORM I WILL GET UP WITH YOU ON THE OTHER ONE YOU HAVE!THANX! :lightsabe

DeputyDawg
08-27-2005, 07:56 PM
Hey ATX, you really shouldn't have that much water coming through your weep holes in your headers. Make sure you have a good spring and check ball in your T-valve, or run a Banderlog or something to control flow, because you shouldn't get much water in your boat from your headers if the water supply is set up properly.
You are welcomed to try the loader anytime man!

atxwrangler
08-27-2005, 08:45 PM
I HAVE A BANDERLOG UNIT ON ORDER, THE FACTORY IS WAY BEHIND ON ORDERS,I MAY HAVE TO RUN THE HEADERS DRY AT JET FEST,THEN JET HOT COAT THEM THIS WINTER. I MAY CANCEL THE ORDER FOR THE BANDERLOG AND RUN THE HEADERS DRY.THE SAVED COST WOULD ALMOST JET HOT COAT THE HEADERS. :skull:

MudPumper
08-27-2005, 09:15 PM
I HAVE A BANDERLOG UNIT ON ORDER, THE FACTORY IS WAY BEHIND ON ORDERS,I MAY HAVE TO RUN THE HEADERS DRY AT JET FEST,THEN JET HOT COAT THEM THIS WINTER. I MAY CANCEL THE ORDER FOR THE BANDERLOG AND RUN THE HEADERS DRY.THE SAVED COST WOULD ALMOST JET HOT COAT THE HEADERS. :skull:
Or you can just run a manual valve for the time being. Piece of cake and cheap to do.

moneysucker
08-27-2005, 09:41 PM
I run CP Performances pollished aluminum J drains without problems on my outside sponsons on my SWDT my brother does as well and he also runs one in the center pod, I used to run 3 bilges but the j drains have eliminated my need for 2. I have never had any problems but they are a good way to sink a boat if you are not paying attention. When you stop, check to make sure nothing is stuck in the drain. Zip tie cut offs and wire strippings or leaves are a major culperet for this. J-drains are the way to go. Duck bills look too stupid for me to run.

atxwrangler
08-27-2005, 09:58 PM
Thanx Moneysucker,i Will Check Into Them A Little Closer.i Like Your Boat! Looks Goooood! ;)

FOURQ
08-27-2005, 10:31 PM
I run CP Performances pollished aluminum J drains without problems on my outside sponsons on my SWDT my brother does as well and he also runs one in the center pod, I used to run 3 bilges but the j drains have eliminated my need for 2. I have never had any problems but they are a good way to sink a boat if you are not paying attention. When you stop, check to make sure nothing is stuck in the drain. Zip tie cut offs and wire strippings or leaves are a major culperet for this. J-drains are the way to go. Duck bills look too stupid for me to run.
im with moneyblower on this one i ran them on mine and all the factory swtd's had em installed unless the cousomer didnt want them
Q

NELSON#109
08-28-2005, 02:58 AM
I Dont Run Split... I Like The Fact That My Boat Will Sink In Less Than 20 Mins, If I Dont Get Out And Use An Empty Beer Can To Bail Out The Water. If Im Gonna Let It Sit In The Water For The Day, I Just Make Sure I Park Next To Bob Fry... He Has A Cool Little Bilge Pump That Fits Nicely In The Back Of My Boat, And Has No Problems Running Almost Non Stop All Day Trying To Keep My Roach A Float.... Beat It... Nelson#109

FOURQ
08-28-2005, 09:37 AM
Use An Empty Beer Can To Bail Out The Water. .... Beat It... Nelson#109
hey wasnt that my invention for ya :D i can still rember the look on your face when i riped the beer out of your hands :2purples: :2purples: to bail your boat...
Q

ONAROLL
08-29-2005, 08:36 PM
OK, I THOUGHT I HAD THIS FIGURED OUT,BUT REALIZED I DONT.I HAVE READ THE ROUND FLAT ONES THAT I PLANNED ON USING ARE NOT RATED FOR UNDER THE WATER LINE USAGE.THIS LEAVES THE PLASTIC CONE ONES WITH THE BALL IN THEM,AND THE DUCKBILL TYPE TO MY CURRENT KNOWLEDGE. ANY RECOMENDATIONS? THANX! :idea:
ATX, did you read why they are not rated for underwater if used in the sponsons?, I run them in my sponsons but a normal pump in the center pod, I had concerns about this but realized that one sponson (in my boat) cannot take on enough water to be a threat, (since it will spill to the center pod) I have ran them all summer and had one incident of debris in one but no big deal, I also run wet headers and like the "self draining" of my sponsons with out having to run two additional pumps.........02........Vic

atxwrangler
08-29-2005, 10:31 PM
NO, THE GUY AT MY LOCAL MARINE STORE LOOKED THEM UP AND JUST SHOWED ME IN THE BOOK WHERE IT READ THEY WERE FOR ABOVE WATER LINE USAGE ONLY.YOU ARE RIGHT,IT WOULD NOT SINK YOUR BOAT IF YOU HAD AN AUTOMATIC BILGE PUMP.I LOOKED UP THE J DRAIN AND THEY LOOK VERY SIMILAR.I AM DEFINATELY NOT GOING TO PUT 3 BILGE PUMPS IN MY BOAT.THE GUY AT THE MARINE PLACE HAS ONE CALLED A DUCK BILL SCUPPER AND THEY WERE RATED FOR UNDER WATER LINE USE, BUT THEY JUST LOOK KINDA FUNNY TO ME. :idea:

ONAROLL
08-30-2005, 12:16 AM
yup, they looked a little off too me as well, later.........Vic