PDA

View Full Version : Too Many Second Mortgage Boats

Knucklehead
05-07-2006, 12:12 PM
http://www.***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13498&stc=1 http://www.***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13499&stc=1 http://www.***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13500&stc=1 A couple pictures from the Chanel in Havasu, out of at least 100 boats only a handful of JETS, We should have a weekend where we take a good section up at the Chanel that would be cool, represent real boats. Show people what real lake and river boats should be, not those offshore second mortgage boats takin up to much space, 30 + feet and 2 people riding in them just looks strange to me.....JUST MY OPINION DON'T WANT TO OFFEND ANYONE :220v:

gregr1971
05-07-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm With Ya Bro!

purrfecttremor
05-07-2006, 01:23 PM
:confused: I had three jet boats and know i have a real boat. :argue:

purrfecttremor
05-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Ah i thought i was playing in the sandbar.sorry !

TRUMP TIGHT
05-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Set something up and ill be there!

Knucklehead
05-07-2006, 01:37 PM
Set something up and ill be there!
Well I think this could be a real Winner if there are enough people interested lets do it... I'm not much of a planner and don't know when all the race events are, I see you have to plan around all the other events... Anyone else interested????

HammerDown
05-07-2006, 01:51 PM
I gotta say, if I could afford a 38" version of my Daytona...I'd have it.

Kachina26
05-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Um.... no second mortgage here. Just a couple of bad backs :D I loved my 21' Carrera, I just couldn't take the pounding anymore.

Knucklehead
05-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Now I gotta say lots of those boats are kickaz, Horsepower I can only dream of and paint that costs more than my boat and truck....and needless to say most of the hottest women on the lake ride in these boats hhhhmmmmm wonder why.... but I think jet boats ( and Vdrives) are more of a :idea: how do you say "Middleclass American" type boat, those who actually bust a knuckle workin on there boat and enjoy every minute of it....and I know that some of those guys do work on there own boats. I like vintage cars and boats, thats our history...

cave
05-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Just pic a date. If you advertise you will need a regatta permit and insurance. If a bunch of fellow jetters & V-drivers somehow arrive at the same place individually then its not a regatta. I'm no lawyer but this may be the loop hole.

TRUMP TIGHT
05-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Well i am going june 30. I will probly be in the channel for the better part of the day. Is anyone else going to be out there that weekend?

Knucklehead
05-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Sounds like a perfect time for me to be there also, a little ways away but I'll mark it on the calender :rollside:

TRUMP TIGHT
05-07-2006, 05:06 PM
yOU ARE? wHAT IS GOING ON THEN jUSTIN. wE BETTER HAVE jIM GET THE THERMOSTAT TAKEN CARE OF
Please get right on that! I told my u know what about not getting to drive my boat and he said he would fight for me to go out again but not untill i got my license back.

9er
05-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Hey, who's white Carrera is that in the second pic??
Very nice........

TRUMP TIGHT
05-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Does he know you don't need a lic to drive a boat?
Ya, but it makes him more comfortable because he thinks i will be towing the boat. Which i will be able to do at that point anyways. Brenda couldnt tow it from Bullhead to Havasu anyways.

TRUMP TIGHT
05-07-2006, 05:23 PM
One thing for you to learn...and quickly.
F HAVASU!
Ya ya, but it would be kind of cool to beach next to a few jets in the channel! You dont see them in groups out there.

Knucklehead
05-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Very nice........
His name was Anthony, he said he visited the site... Didn't get his screen name...Very nice guy hes from Lake Havasu

moneysucker
05-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Psycho Squid lives out there and has a very nice TPR 19. I won't go out with all those big boys. As far as busting their balls, Boats are boats. I would trade mine for a 36' offshore any day. I will have one as soon as the RE market dips and I am able to prey on everyone elses misfortune. Summer 2007.

b's sanger
05-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Now I gotta say lots of those boats are kickaz, Horsepower I can only dream of and paint that costs more than my boat and truck....and needless to say most of the hottest women on the lake ride in these boats hhhhmmmmm wonder why.... but I think jet boats ( and Vdrives) are more of a :idea: how do you say "Middleclass American" type boat, those who actually bust a knuckle workin on there boat and enjoy every minute of it....and I know that some of those guys do work on there own boats. I like vintage cars and boats, thats our history...
It's just called Old School. They should bow down and respect boating's roots.

YeLLowBoaT
05-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Check your local RC shop.... I bet they have a 38 INCH cat you could build.....
Sorry had to do it..... :)

BOOGEYMAN
05-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Very nice........
Anyone know where to get a set of seats like what are in that boat?? I would love a set for my sleekcraft! :cool:

HBjet
05-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Bill, I'd be down if I have the new boat finished by then.
HBjet

RCB19
05-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Sounds like a cool deal but unfortunately with the way Havasu and their laws are these days a good handfull of us would be trailered by before we even get to the ramp.

TRUMP TIGHT
05-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Sounds like a cool deal but unfortunately with the way Havasu and their laws are these days a good handfull of us would be trailered by before we even get to the ramp.
Whats a little noise polution when the channel is full of oil and gas anyways!j/k. Bring some baffels if it worries you.

TRUMP TIGHT
05-09-2006, 05:32 PM
Is anyone else going to be in Havasu the weekend of June 30?

Knucklehead
05-09-2006, 05:36 PM
We will have to represent the JET BOAT COMMUNITY, If they new better they wouldn't want that...Well speakin for myself anyway :crossx:

TRUMP TIGHT
05-09-2006, 05:37 PM
We will have to represent the JET BOAT COMMUNITY, If they new better they wouldn't want that...Well speakin for myself anyway :crossx:
I would have to agree! I drive an old skool boat but i can still get it up!! lol!

Sleek-Jet
05-10-2006, 05:51 AM
I don't know there chiefy... it looks like a couple pontoons (which can be bought for the price of a new truck), an few older day cruisers and maybe a newer mid-cabin... not really second mortage type equipment. :D
http://www.***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13498&stc=1
But, I agree with your sentiment.... and F Havasu. :D :D :D

dmontzsta
05-10-2006, 06:31 AM
Nice Eliminator in the third pic.
Second Mortgage Boats aka "Yuppie Boats". Most of them do not know how to work on their own boats or even drive them. They buy them, then go out and get drunk.

80Dimarco
05-30-2006, 04:14 PM
I will be at Big Bear lake the entire week of 4th of July/

Jordy
05-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Wow, the hate and generalization going on in this thread is overwhelming. Sorry that some people outgrew the jet boat scene. I know I got tired of working on mine and tired of rough weekends on the water where I thought I was going to break teeth, bruise kidneys, and bust vertebrae, so I got a boat that fit my needs and where I boated better and it had nothing to do with a second mortgage. Put 50% down in CASH. Stop hating. :notam:
As far as the yuppie comments Don, you really need to come up with something new and quit swinging off Hater and Roman's nuts so much. Just because you'd rather work on your boat and look at how nice it looks on the trailer, and sit in the driver seat in your garage making motorboat noises with your mouth, don't be pissed because the rest of us are on the water. :D :D :D
Oh, and before you start bashing me, I still do have a place in my heart for the jets, flatties and cruisers. The attention to detail in them, especially some of the cruisers, like SuperDave's, are second to none, and it takes skill to get one to take a set, I just don't need more boats than I already have. ;)
Bash away potato chippers. :D

80Dimarco
05-30-2006, 06:21 PM
LOL whats with the little girls talking about their backs, kidney's, necks hurting from riding in Jets?? That shizzle kills me, I got an 18ftr and the ride is pretty damn smooth to me, I am never sore or beat up.

78CoLe
05-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Im up for the 30'th be sweet to see a dozen bitchen old schools chillin in the channel have to be there early though to be able to be all together let me know if it's for sure

Jordy
05-30-2006, 07:56 PM
LOL whats with the little girls talking about their backs, kidney's, necks hurting from riding in Jets?? That shizzle kills me, I got an 18ftr and the ride is pretty damn smooth to me, I am never sore or beat up.
So you're back on the trailer or on a beach in a little cove by 8:00 or so at Havasu and don't venture back in until after dark huh???
Where were you boating Memorial Day??? I was on Pleasant Northwest of Phoenix and in my 30' cat it was a little bumpy at about 90 and I was watching lots of little boats getting the shit beat out of them. I've been all over Parker and Havi in my 19' jet and my 21' v-drive and they're rough on big weekends so I don't know who you're trying to fool, or you've got your own private lake. ;) :D

Knucklehead
05-30-2006, 08:15 PM
and in my 30' cat it was a little bumpy at about 90
it had nothing to do with a second mortgage. Put 50% down in CASH. Stop hating.
Sorry that some people outgrew the jet boat scene.
Hey I am impressed let me tell you, but do the rest of the ballers know you only put 50% down :crossx:

Jordy
05-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Hey I am impressed let me tell you, but do the rest of the ballers know you only put 50% down :crossx:
Wow, I'll sleep much better knowing that I impressed someone on the internet today. You know, making sure that I impress someone everyday on the 'net is very high on my list of things to do. :notam:
As far as putting 50% down, that was actually probably not the smartest thing I could have done as it doesn't allow me to write off as much interest come tax time. Yeah, something you can do with the bigger boats, much like an RV, it can be written off as a second home, not to mention everyone I boat with are customers of mine, so I have lots of unreimbursed business expenses incurred with my boat. It's about thinking smarter and making your toys work for you. ;)
p.s. In case I was a little too heavy in my sarcasm, I could give a shit less what anyone, internet or otherwise, thinks about me, just in case you hadn't noticed that up in the sandbar. ;)

canuck1
05-30-2006, 08:26 PM
Who the hell are you calling a potato chipper :mad:

Jordy
05-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Who the hell are you calling a potato chipper :mad:
Not you beer can boater. You're all crazy and shit... :D :D :D

Knucklehead
05-30-2006, 08:31 PM
Building a better tomorrow, one people at a time....
Mission accomplished.....And yes I was thinking of installing a chitter in my boat so I could write it off...

superdave013
05-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Oh, and before you start bashing me, I still do have a place in my heart for the jets, flatties and cruisers. The attention to detail in them, especially some of the cruisers, like SuperDave's, are second to none, and it takes skill to get one to take a set, I just don't need more boats than I already have. ;)
wow, I just had to quote it. Someone said something nice about me and it was non other then Jordy.
Ok, back to killin each other. lol

Jordy
05-30-2006, 08:57 PM
wow, I just had to quote it. Someone said something nice about me and it was non other then Jordy.
C'mon now, you're on my short list of people to say nice things about, but just don't tell anyone. Oh, and your boat is badass too!!!! Can't wait to see it on the water. ;)

canuck1
05-30-2006, 09:05 PM
C'mon now, you're on my short list of people to say nice things about, but just don't tell anyone. Oh, and your boat is badass too!!!! Can't wait to see it on the water. ;)
So he can sink it with his second mortgage ride :cool:

Jordy
05-30-2006, 09:07 PM
So he can sink it with his second mortgage ride :cool:
No 2nd mortgage ride here and it doesn't put out much of a wake either. It would take way more than what my boat puts out to sink a Schiada. ;)

canuck1
05-30-2006, 09:10 PM
No 2nd mortgage ride here and it doesn't put out much of a wake either. It would take way more than what my boat puts out to sink a Schiada. ;)
Then you are not trying hard enough....add 10 more fat guys....

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-30-2006, 09:35 PM
So you're back on the trailer or on a beach in a little cove by 8:00 or so at Havasu and don't venture back in until after dark huh???
Where were you boating Memorial Day??? I was on Pleasant Northwest of Phoenix and in my 30' cat it was a little bumpy at about 90 and I was watching lots of little boats getting the shit beat out of them. I've been all over Parker and Havi in my 19' jet and my 21' v-drive and they're rough on big weekends so I don't know who you're trying to fool, or you've got your own private lake. ;) :D
I was comfortably home friday while the 15 and the 40 were at a virtual standstill for hours on end. :cool:
Saturday was a great day, took in a car show went out to dinner and cuddled with my wife while enjoying a movie. At the same time on lake mead 40 boats had to be rescued due to high winds... :cool:
Sunday I layed out some plans for a boat trip purposely avoiding "big crowds" and the tidlewave of inexperience, incompetence and drunkeness that generally ensues. Am I going to miss out on another live production of "Girls gone wild" yes!, but I'll live as I've seen that rodeo many times.(If I have any regrets ill just pop in,,, hmmm,,,well "girls gone wild" or Jenna Jamesons latest F#@K video.) :cool:
Monday sucked, I had to spend 30 minutes mowing the lawn and cleaning the pool, while I watched my neighbor attempting to back his 28 foot lavey around the side of his house followed by 2 hours of cleaning the boat & the truck. What more could you want after a 5 hour drive home. :rollside:
Lets see, reasons to buy a big ol boat, comfortable, popular, good in rough water, impresses the neighbors and (gold diggin) hoochies. Yep sounds pretty good.
Lets check the negatives, very expensive i.e. initial purchase, storage, maintenance and up keep (lets be honest, most people pay someone else for that) and don't leave out fuel, we all know how big those tanks are. moving on-> slow speed manuvering and docking, trailering, and the necessitation to have a big enough-to-tow it vehicle.
Lets look at the potato chip boat (say 18-21)...
pluses; inexpensive (comparitively), easy to tow, easy to dock and manuever, don't need storage (usually), handles great, great acceleration, IMO best ride on the water (in relatively smooth water). Capable of pulling some hot chicks. :cool:
minuses; not popular (to me thats a good thing), lousy for busy weekends if you go where everyone else does, not much room for taking a large group of friends (who apparently can't afford their own boat), known for being unreliable (I don't really buy that because reliability is a direct result of your mechanical abilitys or lack thereof).
All in all, I like the fact the the smaller "hot rod" style boats are becoming more unique as the trend towards larger boats evolves. But then again I'm into Hot Rods. I have nothing against big boats, in fact its fun to launch them off big waves out in the ocean.
carry on :)

Jordy
05-30-2006, 09:48 PM
But then again I'm into Hot Rods. I have nothing against big boats, in fact its fun to launch them off big waves out in the ocean.
If you'll read back a few posts, you'll see where I said I still dig the hot rod boats. Hell, I've still got my 19' jet sitting on the other side of the yard from my 30' Spectre and my buddy's 29' Warlock. I've got a big yard and no need to pay for storage fees. ;)
In a perfect world I'd have a dozen or so boats for every boating whim I could come up with, from my little jet, to a twin turbo Schiada 21' to my 30' Spectre, to a 38' Cig, to a 46' Skater, to a 52' Nortech, and a yacht and big ass sailboat in there for good measure. Since I don't have unlimited resources yet, I guess I'll just stick with what I can get the most use out of and serves my needs where I boat, and it's rough out there all the time, even worse when the monsoon hits. I've seen worse water on Pleasant in an afternoon thunderstorm than I have in the ocean. I never put any of my little boats on that lake and still have no desire to. ;)
As far as the costs to operate and initial purchase price, it all depends what you want to do. Why not call Lee down at Schiada and see what a new 21' RC with twin turbos, fully rigged will run ya. I'm sure that affordable potato chipper will run about what my boat did brand new. ;)
Docking and trailering??? It's all in your skill level I suppose. On a typical day on the lake, I'm on and off the water faster than most little boats, and I typically have to dock, tie up, and go park myself. Spend the time, get to know your boat. I know mine is easier to dock, maneuver, and get on and off the trailer than my 21' Schiada was or my 19' jet. I can steer in reverse, it's not just slow backwards to the left, plus with twins I can spin in my own length. ;)
Bottom line, and the point I was trying to make by even responding to this stupid thread, is not everyone with a big boat is in debt up to their eyeballs with second mortgages to afford them. But hey, if you want to sit here and hate because someone chose to tie their money up in something like a big boat, guess that's your perogative. Just makes you seem like a bunch of bitter chippies though. :D :D :D

LOWRIVER2
05-31-2006, 06:59 AM
My little 21 did great this weekend on the lake, Lost Lake.
For anyone that does'nt know this "lake", it's actually very rough, too crowded and the water's polluted, stay away. LOL
Hey, drive what you like and relax, be thankful you're now taking RPG's and AK fire like our boys overseas.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-31-2006, 08:43 AM
If you'll read back a few posts, you'll see where I said I still dig the hot rod boats. Hell, I've still got my 19' jet sitting on the other side of the yard from my 30' Spectre and my buddy's 29' Warlock. I've got a big yard and no need to pay for storage fees. ;)
In a perfect world I'd have a dozen or so boats for every boating whim I could come up with, from my little jet, to a twin turbo Schiada 21' to my 30' Spectre, to a 38' Cig, to a 46' Skater, to a 52' Nortech, and a yacht and big ass sailboat in there for good measure. Since I don't have unlimited resources yet, I guess I'll just stick with what I can get the most use out of and serves my needs where I boat, and it's rough out there all the time, even worse when the monsoon hits. I've seen worse water on Pleasant in an afternoon thunderstorm than I have in the ocean. I never put any of my little boats on that lake and still have no desire to. ;)
As far as the costs to operate and initial purchase price, it all depends what you want to do. Why not call Lee down at Schiada and see what a new 21' RC with twin turbos, fully rigged will run ya. I'm sure that affordable potato chipper will run about what my boat did brand new. ;)
Docking and trailering??? It's all in your skill level I suppose. On a typical day on the lake, I'm on and off the water faster than most little boats, and I typically have to dock, tie up, and go park myself. Spend the time, get to know your boat. I know mine is easier to dock, maneuver, and get on and off the trailer than my 21' Schiada was or my 19' jet. I can steer in reverse, it's not just slow backwards to the left, plus with twins I can spin in my own length. ;)
Bottom line, and the point I was trying to make by even responding to this stupid thread, is not everyone with a big boat is in debt up to their eyeballs with second mortgages to afford them. But hey, if you want to sit here and hate because someone chose to tie their money up in something like a big boat, guess that's your perogative. Just makes you seem like a bunch of bitter chippies though. :D
There may be some animosity concerning the amount of money people spend but thats not the only fuel feeding this fire. A lot of these chippers can afford bigger boats they just don't want them (myself included). I've ridden in several different kinds of "larger" boats and its just not my cup of tee. Going fast in a 40 footer is boring. (unless there's some jumps out there. :) Accelerating to 130 in 7 seconds in a 19ft potato chip jetboat kicks ass! Thats just me. :cool:
I would rather drive the vibratin, snarling, fly weight tubbed camaro than a turbo charged Humvee limo that goes 170 over anything. Unfortunately for me, that Humvee just screwed up the road, get it? Another reason for animosity.... (am I reaching with that analogy? :) )
I deal with it by going out during the week to places that aren't so popular then getting on the computer to make fun of the "big boaters" who caved in with the "can't beat em join em" mentality. :boxed: :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-31-2006, 08:44 AM
Hey, drive what you like and relax, be thankful you're now taking RPG's and AK fire like our boys overseas.
Amen Brutha! :cool:

dmontzsta
05-31-2006, 08:53 AM
I would rather drive the vibratin, snarling, fly weight tubbed camaro than a turbo charged Humvee limo that goes 170 over anything. Unfortunately for me, that Humvee just screwed up the road, get it? Another reason for animosity.... (am I reaching with that analogy? :) )
Such lies dude, your preference is still a Maxima 5 speed, hauling ass with the stereo cranked and 4 people in the car, sunroof up and leather on your back, thats ass kicking!
:)

Jordy
05-31-2006, 09:07 AM
Unfortunately for me, that Humvee just screwed up the road, get it? Another reason for animosity.... (am I reaching with that analogy? :) )
I understand exactly what you're saying with that, however I think it's dumb that people would come on here and complain about the big boats at Havasu (which has been a big boat spot since big boats became the norm). You know they're going to be there and you know it's going to be rough, so either stay home or so somewhere else, like way up river, or down to Martinez, Blythe, etc... I've never had my 30'er on Parker and have no intentions of ever taking it there. I think it's too big and looks dumb down there, however I've seen people in 38' Fountains down there. I think it's a courtesy thing, but maybe that's just me.
But to lump "most" everyone in as "yuppies who don't know how to work on or drive their boat and just go out and get drunk on them" is probably one of the DUMBEST things I've ever seen posted on ***boat. Sure, there are jackasses in every boat category on the water, starting in canoes and running all the way up from there. I've seen some real dipshit moves pulled by people in jetboats and rollbar boats, I've seen the same stuff pulled by people in big boats, and by people on PWC's. I'd argue that it happens more with the smaller boats and PWC's because as a whole they make up a larger portion of the market based upon affordability. Simple statistics there.

TRUMP TIGHT
05-31-2006, 09:08 AM
Drive your F N big boats all you want! Hate or dont hate on either type of boat!! But if you have a jet i would like to see it parked in the channel on July 1!!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-31-2006, 11:31 AM
I understand exactly what you're saying with that, however I think it's dumb that people would come on here and complain about the big boats at Havasu (which has been a big boat spot since big boats became the norm). You know they're going to be there and you know it's going to be rough, so either stay home or so somewhere else..
Still reads like "can't beat em then join em" mentallity (or leave!).
I don't have a problem using the same water as the Big Boats I just go elsewhere when its crowded... :cool:
But to lump "most" everyone in as "yuppies who don't know how to work on or drive their boat and just go out and get drunk on them" is probably one of the DUMBEST things I've ever seen posted on ***boat.
I think the yuppie thing was directed at people who differentiate cool by what is popular. So what if they can't turn a wrench! I really don't care... Getting drunk fits every demographic especially YOURS! :rollside: :D (in bars of course) :)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-31-2006, 12:52 PM
Big boats just make great targets to get hosed down with from the rooster:D

TRUMP TIGHT
05-31-2006, 12:59 PM
"here comes the rooster" GREAT SONG!!

Jordy
05-31-2006, 08:21 PM
Yeah, you just have to get it right side up on the pretty trailer, back running and rigged, and then out in front of them first... ;) :D