PDA

View Full Version : Gel Coat work Needed

sweetyellow
08-27-2005, 07:40 PM
Good evening all.
I need some find someone to do some Gelcoat Repair on my boat. I ran into some rocks at a very low speed this past week at Havesu. It made a 2.5 in wide by 3-4 in long gouge towards the bottom of my bow of my yellow Stingray. I live in Long Beach, Ca.
Thanks Bill

SurfOnH20
08-27-2005, 07:49 PM
Bill,
Whats up..I live in Huntington Beach..There is a company in Costa Mesa called Crystaliner..They have done some incredible gel coat repairs (color matching, patch work, etc) on my boat. I made a great mistake in loaning a friend my boat for a weekend..Well, a few cocktails later and failing to tie up the boat at the dock properly resulted in several deep gashes on the side of my boat. After the repairs were completed I could not tell where the old gel coat blended with the new. Also, they beefed up my transom due my outboard motor causing deep fractures and patched a hole on the bottom of my boat. Overall excellent people to deal with..Ask for louis when you call. Sorry I dont have the phone # off hand.

sweetyellow
08-27-2005, 08:19 PM
Thanks, were they reasonalbly priced! I found their website?
Thanks Bill

SurfOnH20
08-28-2005, 03:27 PM
I thought they were..But like most things these days you get what you pay for. I sure you can probably find something in Santa Ana for cheaper. Since I have a newer boat I wanted to make sure it was done right. If there is no color matching I sure the price would be fair (cheaper). I paid 575.00 to have my entire transom refitted which included a gel coat repair to a 3-inch square hole on the bottom of my boat..Kinda did what you did..I beached the boat to empty the coolers, etc, and didnt see a big ass rock sitting under the waterline near the shore. I hope it works out for you. These was the only place I felt was qualified to do quality work..Good luck !!
Pat