PDA

View Full Version : This weekend sucks...

Sleek-Jet
08-27-2005, 08:14 PM
I was all set for a 3 day'er at the lake this weekend....
... and now I have to cover sick leave for 4 graveyards... :hammer2:
... and the weather is decent for the first time in a month... :hammer2: :hammer2:

a catered life
08-27-2005, 09:05 PM
I was all set for a 3 day'er at the lake this weekend....
... and now I have to cover sick leave for 4 graveyards... :hammer2:
... and the weather is decent for the first time in a month... :hammer2: :hammer2:
that does suck wait wait maybe you can call sick your self :confused: o well at least you will have extra money :shift:

Sleek-Jet
08-27-2005, 09:08 PM
that does suck wait wait maybe you can call sick your self :confused: o well at least you will have extra money :shift:
I wish I could... but that would ruin someone else's weekend, and even I am not that big of asshole.

a catered life
08-27-2005, 09:19 PM
I wish I could... but that would ruin someone else's weekend, and even I am not that big of asshole.
i need employees like you at my job :rollside:

Sleek-Jet
08-27-2005, 09:25 PM
i need employees like you at my job :rollside:
There are 5 of us that cover a 24 hour 7 day rotation. 4 of the people are in the rotation full time, and I get the distinction of covering vacation and sick leave. Basically, everyone relieves everyone else at one point or another.
I make it a point to have my people understand that if you don't show up, you're not focking the company, you're focking the other people in the department. So no "mental health" days or the like. :devil:

HocusPocus
08-27-2005, 11:16 PM
what is it that you do?

Sleek-Jet
08-27-2005, 11:21 PM
what is it that you do?
I get paid to be a System operater for an Electric Utility (fancy way of saying I'm a dispatcher)... :D
Most of the time I post on the internet... :D

H20 Toie
08-28-2005, 09:13 AM
Well you could be with me in New Orleans it was bad enough missing the Scope poker run but now there is a hurricane coming this way so we have to try and pack up the set tonight after taping 5 shows hopefully getting done by 9am tomorrow and get on a bus (no flights available) and get out of the city. ( gotta love show biz) we were suppose to tape shows on sunday and then pack up on monday and then fly home tuesday.

HocusPocus
08-28-2005, 10:34 AM
I get paid to be a System operater for an Electric Utility (fancy way of saying I'm a dispatcher)... :D
Most of the time I post on the internet... :D
sounds alot like my job.. minus the title and the drive back and forth to the job site. :boxed: