PDA

View Full Version : I hate their Ice Cream too!

OGShocker
08-27-2005, 10:46 PM
Aug. 25 - With the President back at his Crawford ranch, the anti-war protest right outside his ranch is getting a lot more media attention. ABC7 looks at who is financing the operation and who's providing on-the-ground support.
The camp at Crawford is full of Cindy Sheehan supporters, people from all walks of life, but off to the side are a small group of professionals skilled in politics and public relations who are marketing Cindy Sheehan's message.
Cindy Sheehan kneels before a cross with her son's name on it, touches his picture, wipes her tears. It's an outpouring of emotion that is part of a scheduled news event organized daily for the television, radio and print reporters who crowd in to capture a mother's grief.
Cindy Sheehan: "I'm never going to see him again, I'm never going to hold him again, I'm never going to hear his voice again."
Sheehan's message hasn't changed since she got here, but the support staff interested in getting that message out to the world has grown considerably.
Organizers are set up in a house trailer. Their meetings closed to reporters.
Leading the group is Fenton Communications employee, Michele Mulkey, based in San Francisco. Fenton specializes in public relations for liberal non-profits.
Their bills are being paid for by True Majority, a non-profit set up by Ben Cohen -- of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream fame.
Ben Cohen, True Majority: "People are willing to listen to her and we want to do as much as we can to make her voice heard."
Cohen's group has teamed up with Berkeley based MoveOn.org, an anti-Bush group co-founded by Joan Blades.
Earlier this month, MoveOn helped organize anti-war vigils in support of Cindy Sheehan.
Current Democratic National Party Chair Howard Dean's organization Democracy for America is also involved, as is the more radical anti-war group Code Pink organized by San Francisco's Medea Benjamin.
Money donated through these groups and others is helping to pay for Gold Star families whose children have been killed in Iraq to attend anti-Bush protests.
This week Simi Valley California Gold Star wife Melanie House flew to Idaho for a protest and then flew to Crawford.
ABC7's Mark Matthews: "Can you tell us if you're getting help in airfare to come down here?"
Melanie House: "What difference does that make?"
There is real reluctance to talk about who's paying, and the P.R. machine that's promoting Cindy Sheehan, but not everyone here is completely comfortable with it.
Gold Star mother Karen Meredith came here from Mountain View. Her son Ken Ballard died last year.
Karen Meredith, Gold Star mother: "Sometimes things don't feel quite right to me. They don't feel wrong, but maybe that's how they do it in the marketing business."
ABC7's Mark Matthews: "You feel you're part of a marketing business?"
Karen Meredith: "Possibly. Yeah I think so."
On the other side, pro-Bush supporters are getting on the ground to help reiterate their message.
Grassfire.org and IM4W.com came back to the same Iowa-based conservative public policy organization, an organization with ties to the Republican National Committee.
There is also the "Cindy you don't speak for me tour," a caravan of military wives and mothers led by Deborah Johns of Roseville. Her son William is a marine who has served two tours of duty in Iraq.
Johns and her supporters are traveling to Crawford to confront Cindy Sheehan.
Deborah Johns, caravan leader: "It means everything for me to be here, to see the support. We're so proud of him."
The caravan is getting a lot of help from MoveAmericaForward.org. It's a non-profit organization co-chaired by former state assemblyman Howard Koologian. Koologian is a Republican who takes credit for launching the recall against Governor Gray Davis. His co-chair is KSFO Radio talk show host Melanie Morgan. The group's PR firm is led by a veteran California political strategist and the firm claims clients running from a county supervisor to President of the United States.
KSFO Radio is owned by Disney which also owns ABC7.
The "You don't speak for me" group is expected to be in Crawford on Saturday. Sheehan said today she'll welcome to meet with her without reporters present.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-29-2005, 04:25 PM
Unfotunately, I kind of like some of their ice cream ...... I can keep myself down to 1 pint tub about every other year. :frown:

Steve 1
08-29-2005, 05:52 PM
The whole circus boils just down to Anti Bush hatred the way the Rats/code pink commies with their queer Ice-cream buddies are using this brain damaged woman ..

HighRoller
08-29-2005, 07:12 PM
What it boils down to is that Right Wing people are behind the troops all the time. Left Wingers are only interested in them after they die. And "Gold Star Mothers" IS NOT affiliated with Cindy Sheehan in any way. Since they would not be a part of her exploitation of her dead son, she started up her own sham version of GSM called "Gold Star Mothers for Peace". The fact that she would try to misrepresent herself as a member of the real Gold Star Mothers organization shows her character.(Or lack thereof!)

bordsmnj
08-30-2005, 02:42 PM
well,hell. i love b& J's icecream. but not as much as i hate liberal cock suckers. they just lost another 4 pints a week in sales.bunch a FAGS. some needs to slap some sense into that shehan bitch. she needs to be sent some where else where there are no soldiers that get called to duty and no freedom to fight for. no way of life to defend and a bunch a poeple following her around and using her for a puppet while they kiss her pathetic ass. makes me sick.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-30-2005, 05:15 PM
She finally figured out what noble cause the president has gone to war for. :idea:
I'm looking for the exact quote, but it was today or over the weekend. She realized the president's "nobile cause" is ,........ get ready for this.......
"Getting our soldiers killed for the purpose of killing our soldiers."
How's THAT for "off the deep end" folks? :yuk:
(I did hear the complete quote on the radio today but was driving home and couldn't take notes)

Seadog
08-31-2005, 10:09 AM
It is kind of like watching one of the movies where someone who should be institutionized, says something that everyone thinks is genious. From then on, that person with an IQ of 10 is treated as a new Einstein by the liberal elite and the media.
What I worry about is that it starts with a public disflavor with the politicians. Then the radicals attack anything associated with the war. Finally, the troops get attacked for being baby killers. It is the way things happen. It is just like any time the radicals make a major protest. They attack and abuse the police and anyone in their way. Then a while late, they are all over the media about police butality and government repression.
I pray that we can get things under control in Iraq to where we the public can accept our role there. I keep remembering that there were over 47,000 troops from Vietnam that could not deal with what they returned home to and committed suicide.

Schiada76
08-31-2005, 12:22 PM
well,hell. i love b& J's icecream. but not as much as i hate liberal cock suckers. they just lost another 4 pints a week in sales.bunch a FAGS. some needs to slap some sense into that shehan bitch. she needs to be sent some where else where there are no soldiers that get called to duty and no freedom to fight for. no way of life to defend and a bunch a poeple following her around and using her for a puppet while they kiss her pathetic ass. makes me sick.
UMMMMMMMM how do you really feel? :D
I agree 110%

Schiada76
08-31-2005, 12:33 PM
I pray that we can get things under control in Iraq to where we the public can accept our role there. I keep remembering that there were over 47,000 troops from Vietnam that could not deal with what they returned home to and committed suicide.[/QUOTE]
?????????????
Check your facts, the recent data I've read states that Vietnam era vets are. as a whole, a more successful and better adjusted segment of society tahn the genearl populace.
The filthy liberal scumbag cocksucking liars in MSM refuse to tell truth about these men.
I also recently read ( I believe in National Review) that the foces in Vietnam were over 75% volunteer, a much much higher % than even WWII. I always thought it was just the opposite.
liberals are scum

Seadog
08-31-2005, 01:57 PM
The number of Vietnam suicides s in dispute, but the minimum number was 9,000 and the maximum was 100,000. I go with the findings that showed an approximate number of 47,000. Even at the 9000 number the suicide rate is 1.7 times normal.
Yes, the myths about the number of vets that were drug addicts, criminals, aggressive and so forth was a bunch of media BS. Overall, the vets were model citizens. But, there were a large number that had problems that they could not talk about because our society did not want to deal with them. My Dad goes to all the reunions, has his tales and reads about the war. I have no desire to read the books or to talk about it. He was career military and had many buddies and family that he could talk about the things that happened to him. I came back and went to college, and then into areas that had no interest in things military. I soon learn, like many others, that the subject was not popular. I am proud of my service and proud of the job we did over there. We did not lose the war. We were pulled out when we were ahead, by a governmental decision. The United States troops left in 1973, and two years later, the chinese supported NVM and VC broke the back of the RVN government. Yet the images of the end of the war gives the impression that we were evacuating Saigon in 1975.

Schiada76
08-31-2005, 02:20 PM
Yeah, that's another "forgotten" item by the leftists in this country. The war didn't end the day we left.
I wonder how the suicide rate compares to other returning vets? Besides the fact that the whole fd up sixties deal caused a lot of suicides.
I bid a job for some shrinks after the earthquake here and had one of my foremen with me. The chick shrink started in on him when he let it slip that the quake didn't bother him after being in Vietnam. She tried to impromtu analyize him and just about pissed herself when he told her how much he liked it there. :confused: :cry: :rolleyes: :D :D
Thanks for your service!
BTW I just did a search on "Nam vets suicide rates" and the info I found said no difference from non deployed personel.

HighRoller
09-01-2005, 06:21 PM
She finally figured out what noble cause the president has gone to war for. :idea:
I'm looking for the exact quote, but it was today or over the weekend. She realized the president's "nobile cause" is ,........ get ready for this.......
"Getting our soldiers killed for the purpose of killing our soldiers."
How's THAT for "off the deep end" folks? :yuk:
(I did hear the complete quote on the radio today but was driving home and couldn't take notes)
My favorite quote from her is "the people fighting against our troops in Iraq are not terrorists, they are freedom fighters".....HUH? Which freedom is she referring to? Last time I checked, there was no freedom in Iraq until we went over and kicked Sodom Hussein out of there. If these dirt heads were true freedom fighters, they would join us. This bitch gets dumber every time she opens her mouth.

Poster X
09-03-2005, 08:56 AM
Did it ever occur to you people that maybe the liberals beef is with the administration and NOT the soldiers?

Steve 1
09-03-2005, 05:25 PM
Did it ever occur to you people that maybe the liberals beef is with the administration and NOT the soldiers?
But liberalism is leprosy of the brain! Aside from being filthy traitors and terrorist supporters/enablers...

SmokinLowriderSS
09-06-2005, 12:00 PM
Yea, I noticed. That's why the libs sue if they loose an election (there just HAD to be fraud if we lost)! That's why they make accusations of voting fraud against Republicans and had 50,000 lawyers hanging out in polling places last election, to insure they won-fair & square (Jesse Jackson spent a LOT of early 2005 on the radio claiming to have proof of republican voter fraud, how many charged or convicted, how many Democrats charged & convicted.)
Start looking up specific cases prosecuted, you'll find far more democrats busted than republicans.
Here's links to 7 stories (part way down the page) 5 Dems, 1 Rep, 1 undetermined. Post date 2 June 05.
http://www.lesjones.com/posts/cat_politics.shtml
Kerry Victory by 11,000 votes in Wisconsin - The Milwaukee investigation has revealed that the number of ballots counted there exceeds, by 4,609, the number of people recorded as voting. In addition, investigators found "more than 200 cases of felons voting illegally and more than 100 people who voted twice, used fake names or false addresses or voted in the name of a dead person."
MILWAUKEE, Jan. 24 -- The sons of a first-term congresswoman and of Milwaukee's former acting mayor were among five Democratic activists charged Monday with slashing the tires of vans rented by Republicans to drive voters and monitors to the polls on Election Day. Democratic Party of Wisconsin spokesman Seth Boffeli said the five were paid employees of the presidential campaign of Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.)
Two months after pleading not guilty to faking voter registration forms in exchange for crack cocaine, a Defiance man has pleaded guilty to 10 counts of false registration.
Chad Staton, 22, of Stratton Street appeared in Defiance County Common Pleas Court Thursday to enter pleas to the 10 counts of the fifth-degree felony. In December, a grand jury returned indictments against him for filing forms in the names of Mary Poppins, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Michael Jordan, Dick Tracy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Brett Favre, George Foreman, Maria Lopez, and George Lopez.
But in a bizarre twist, the woman to whom he gave the forms, Georgianne Pitts, 41, of Toledo, died in early December. The Lucas County coroner's office ruled her cause of death as an accidental overdose of a prescription medication.
The deceased Ms. Pitts was working as a volunteer for the NAACP National Voter Fund
Here's the Republican. - On the other hand, if you want to talk about 2002, a New Hampshire man has been sentenced to seven months in prison for jamming a Democratic get-out-the-vote hotline.
Illinois --- An undetermined number of voters were paid $5 or $10 to cast a Democratic ballot in the Nov. 2 election, court records said. The money allegedly came from the St. Clair County Democratic Committee, though there was no indication the county committee knew how the funds would be used.
Federal prosecutors charged four Democratic committeemen and one precinct worker, a day after three other committeemen and a precinct worker pleaded guilty to related vote-buying charges in federal court.
There are more, those were just handy.
So, just why is it that these people make the soldiers PAY for their hatred of the administration by having to put up with sedicious commentary (to change the government, by whatever means necisary), saying things that give aid and comfort to the enemy (that's treasonous), thus emboldening the enemy instead of showing them a united front that they could never hope to defeat? Those people who say those things and try to proclaim support for the soldiers while preaching hatred for the comander are liars. They do NOT support the soldiers, they provide the soldiers no moral support, no aid and comfort, no peace of mind, no expectation of a warm welcome home. They are the lowest of the low, but STILL the soldiers do their best, to do their duty, to protect and to serve those ungrateful liberal bastards.
Now, if you dislike the war, fine. To discuss it here, fine. To get on TV and proclaim the president is a liar, the troops should be pulled out NOW, that they are loosing, that Iraq is a "quagmire", NOT FINE. Every American (and all people) are entitled to an opinion, and are allowed to voice it. When voicing it does more harm than good, then KEEP IT TO YOURSELF! (like screaming "fire" in a crowded theatre if it is not really on fire) It's called "responsibility.