PDA

View Full Version : Another pool question - ever hear of "Hydrazzo?"

MagicMtnDan
08-28-2005, 11:14 AM
We're still trying to decide on the finish of our pool. Still considering Pebbletec, Pebblesheen, etc.
One of the contractors suggested we look at Hydrazzo:
Hydrazzo®
A silky smooth texture, combined with the proven durability of exposed aggregates, are two prime features of this state-of-the-art pool finish.
With unique color selections and natural variegated appearance, Aquavations Hydrazzo complements all poolscape designs. This polished pool surface creates a finish that is naturally resistant to spot etching, topical stains, permanent scale and algae adhesion.
Imagine that...timeless beauty and easy maintenance.
Time-Proven Natural Ingredients
The most beautiful pools in the world are surfaced with the hand-polished magic of Aquavations Hydrazzo. It's the smoothest, richest and most luxurious surface available, formulated from time-proven technology and the earth's finest raw materials. Aquavations Hydrazzo combines naturally beautiful coarse graded crystalline and colored marble, along with white Portland cement and a host of other performance-enhancing ingredients to create the ultimate pool coating.
Toughness...Without Roughness!
The secret to the Aquavations Hydrazzo finish is the final step: polishing the surface to a brilliant luster, and thereby unlocking the marble's natural beauty, and it's extraordinary strength. The color is breathtaking, achieving a soothing, color-intensifying effect. Aquavations Hydrazzo is the "smooth sensation" in exposed aggregate pool finishes, friendly to fingers, toes and swimsuits.
http://www.aquavations.com/hyd-over.htm

ROZ
08-28-2005, 02:16 PM
It is a beautiful finish, but probably the most expensive.... Since you're saving so much money doing it yourself, consider goinf for it..

Woodster
08-28-2005, 03:11 PM
Hydrazzo?? Is it similar to Terrazzo? I do Terrazzo for a living so just wondering..If so I would think it would be really expensive
Edit..I just read the website..Yep its just like polishing Terrazzo..Im sure that stuff is really expensive but it would look great in a pool

Man-de-lone
08-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Sounds nice. Might be hard to walk or run across...(yes, I know its in the water) What I mean is, no traction for playing Marco Polo in the shallow end.... :p
Man--->3M Colorquartz<-----delon

HighRoller
08-28-2005, 04:18 PM
Wasn't Hydrazzo that fictional town where two rednecks antagonized the local constabulary and their corrupt boss in the General Lee?

MagicMtnDan
08-28-2005, 04:29 PM
Sounds nice. Might be hard to walk or run across...(yes, I know its in the water) What I mean is, no traction for playing Marco Polo in the shallow end.... :p
Man--->3M Colorquartz<-----delon
Hey Mandy, what's up with your new screen name (and starting all over)?

Man-de-lone
08-28-2005, 04:41 PM
I've been using this sometimes so I can send and receive PM's. My other one doesn't access my PM's anymore....
Can't access my settings, User CP, nothing. I log in with this one if I want to send messages and actually get a reply... :idea:
ADmin does not respond to my requests, :confused: so I have adapted.... :chi:
Post count, schmost count.... :D
Tell me your pool won't be like your boat.... :D

PHX ATC
08-28-2005, 08:43 PM
Waste of money. Other than putting in all tiles in neat little squares that takes weeks this is the most expensive. Doesn't look any better than pebbletec/sheen.
If you want ease of maintenance and easy clean, go fiberglass (shot in type, not the pool shell flopped in the ground).

Sleek-Jet
08-28-2005, 08:53 PM
Post count, schmost count.... :D
Who are you again??? :D
OK, back to the topic. :rollside:

ROZ
08-29-2005, 08:38 AM
Waste of money. Other than putting in all tiles in neat little squares that takes weeks this is the most expensive. Doesn't look any better than pebbletec/sheen.
Hydrazzo is going to be much smoother on the fee than Pebblesheen, though..
I almost tiled my entire pool with 1" squares .... :supp:

PHX ATC
08-29-2005, 04:10 PM
Hydrazzo is going to be much smoother on the fee than Pebblesheen, though..
I almost tiled my entire pool with 1" squares .... :supp:
True, true dat.
For the time you spend in there, unless your playing volleyball nonstop for hours upon end, you're wasting your money.
Now little tiles........oh bling bling baby!!! :D

NashvilleBound
08-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Hydrazzo....if you can afford it, go for it. Great product.