PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Warhawk tx-19

sifocalpoint
08-29-2005, 12:47 PM
Im seriously considering purchasing a warhawk tx-19, for a fast river boat. I plan on getting a new hull and trailer with the intake set in it, and finish the rest.
Any opinions on these hulls, 5 color gelcoat looks good on any one ive every seen, the trailers are nice, but im just concerned with the hull characteristics in general. How does it compare to a real youngblood/mantra style?? Obviously a bit larger and heavier?

Duane HTP
08-29-2005, 01:03 PM
They don't even compare. Buy a Stealth or Cheyenne if you want a good fast boat. But if you like the Youngblood TX-19, here is a Kustom Kraft built TX-19 that is coming up for sale. They are a great lake run about boat with quite a bit more room than a tunnel. The guy who owns it wants to go faster and is stepping up to a new Cheyenne 19' tunnel boat.
http://www.hi-techperformance.com/Boatsforsale.HTM

DeputyDawg
08-29-2005, 01:03 PM
I believe the Warhawk Tx-19 has the exact same bottom as an original Youngblood TX-19, only the deck is a little different. I my opinion you CAN"T beat a TX-19 for an all around lake/river/ski/tube/race boat. They respond very well with little power and they ride pretty good as well. I think the Warhawks are very nice looking boats but I have never seen one in person. What does a new one cost with just the intake set and on a trailer?

DeputyDawg
08-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Duane, do you really think a Cheyenne or an Edge Stealth make a better river and all around boat than a TX-19? Or are you saying that the Warhawk in particular isn't a good boat?

DeputyDawg
08-29-2005, 01:08 PM
Hey sifocalpoint, what all will you be doing with this new boat? Just river racing with a two bucket seat set up or will you be using it as an all around deal with a backseat and ski tow?

Duane HTP
08-29-2005, 01:14 PM
DD, I was thinking of the tunnel boats being much faster and more stable at the higher speeds. In answer to your question, I think the TX-19 is hard to beat for an all around lake boat.

DeputyDawg
08-29-2005, 01:18 PM
That's kind of what I thought you meant. Hey Duane, I saw pictures of that purple Cheyenne y'all ran at Bricktown. That's a sharp looking boat. Is that one of the new Cheyennes and how fast does it run?

sifocalpoint
08-29-2005, 01:33 PM
I am just looking for a fast lake/river boat, no racing other than recreational plan to build a nice 468 approx 600 Hp. Install a very nice jet unit and so on. Boat on the trailer with no holes in it other than the intake set in, 5 color gelcoat, your looking at around 12,500 to 13,000 thats carpeted with very nice interior 2 buckets bench in the rear.
Whats a cheyanne run???

Duane HTP
08-29-2005, 01:36 PM
Yes, it is one of them. At Bricktown it ran 118 mph at 1/2 track @ 4.34 sec. ET, and about 110 mph at the end of the 1/4 mile. It had serious engine problems. That barf at 3/4 track wiped out the entire Mike Kuhl 1471, one head, three rods, four pistons, the camshaft and some valve train parts. It is undergoing about a $12,000.00 tune up right now. We hope to have it back together for Smokin-n-the Cove. Anxious to see what it will really do.

sifocalpoint
08-29-2005, 01:36 PM
Pennsylvania sucks for boating because theres not much jet/ v-drive action around my area and i dont want to drive across the country. I seen both a warhawk tx-19 and a tx-20 and rode in both and liked them, but i heard kinda ill reviews about them (thats as compared to the boats mentioned)
Where are cheyennes made? Are they nice to deal with direct?

DeputyDawg
08-29-2005, 01:46 PM
Duane at HTP is awesome. Give him a call he can help you with a new Cheyenne or find you a used boat and definitely steer you in the right direction.

sifocalpoint
08-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Duane, i didnt realize that you where the hi tech performance guy. I have a few questions to ask you, ill try ringing you tomorrow, or if you are free tonite give me a ring, 724-938-8864
Thanks
Ryan

Slacker
08-29-2005, 03:09 PM
Sifocalpoint, There are two warhawks(19), my sunkist performer and a Tx-19 down here.Not sure on the hull weights but, it looks like the Warhawk is a little wider on the deck(far as a lilttle more room to move around) I think the bow is different far as the lip on the bottom of the bow. Have heard of no complaints far as all around lake/river boat here. Most of these boats are running in 88+mph range. I couldnt decide either so i went to a friend that has a Cheyenne Tunnel and a TX-19. Then i just went with what i liked best. My result was the Sunkist performer. I have no complaints with mine except for the gas..... Doesnt your cousin deal with warhawk, Maybe you can get a family discount. Just my opion.. Good Luck ......CT

Slacker
08-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Sifocalpoint ....Check out HOT SPOTS IN THE EAST for thread More sword rattling ... There is a boat for for sale and looks like its in Maryland...

fakethis
08-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Hagerstown MD 1-301-582-4127

sifocalpoint
08-29-2005, 06:24 PM
yeah slacker my cousin does deal with warhawk but ill save thousands going direct!! You would think i would get a family discount but instead i think instead of $5000.00 in his pocket he will cut me a break and only jack the price up $4800.00 more haha im not even telling him until i bring one home