PDA

View Full Version : wind damage

Focker
08-29-2005, 03:50 PM
For anyone that has a home in LHC and have not been there since the wind storms last week, you should check on your home. I was shocked at all the damage to the roofs of the homes. Several homes had garage size debri blocking access to their house and you could tell that they were out of town home owners. Most of the damage was up near Kiowa and Palo Verde North

dr. margarita
08-29-2005, 03:55 PM
Imagine the damage in New Orleans during the next 24 hours with wind gusts to 202mph.

djunkie
08-29-2005, 04:00 PM
Damm I won't be out there for 2 weeks. Hope mine is ok. :eek:

rivermama
08-29-2005, 04:05 PM
Thank goodness our house is still in the foundation phase :)
can't imagine being in the south right now...i'll stick with earthquakes!

voodoomedman
08-29-2005, 04:18 PM
For anyone that has a home in LHC and have not been there since the wind storms last week, you should check on your home. I was shocked at all the damage to the roofs of the homes. Several homes had garage size debri blocking access to their house and you could tell that they were out of town home owners. Most of the damage was up near Kiowa and Palo Verde North
Get to know your neighbors. Our neighbors kick a$$. They call if the littlest thing is wrong. They also have a key to the house in case the alarm goes off or whatever emergency.

Throttle
08-29-2005, 04:31 PM
Get to know your neighbors. Our neighbors kick a$$. They call if the littlest thing is wrong. They also have a key to the house in case the alarm goes off or whatever emergency.
now that is just smart!!! I would be callin to see if they would mind turing on the a/c while I am drivin out there too!

Havasu_Dreamin
08-29-2005, 04:34 PM
now that is just smart!!! I would be callin to see if they would mind turing on the a/c while I am drivin out there too!
Phuck that! I just call the house on the drive over and turn the a/c on over the phone.

Throttle
08-29-2005, 04:55 PM
Phuck that! I just call the house on the drive over and turn the a/c on over the phone.
nice!!!

H20Advantage
08-29-2005, 05:39 PM
Same here.. My neighbors are great and call or email if there are any major problems and also have been known to fix a little problem here or there.
I checked with them after the big winds and my house/property made it through without any problems. :D :D

voodoomedman
08-29-2005, 06:21 PM
My alarm works by radio so I don't have to pay for a telephone line and the monitoring is 12 bucks a month instead of 30. Besides we leave the air at 90 when were gone so stuff doesn't get screwed up.

sdpm
08-29-2005, 06:36 PM
We were there right after it went through. Drove towards the north end of town and could not believe what I was seeing. The toy box trailer in the driveway laying on it's side, telephone poles snapped in half like toothpicks, roof a/c units in the middle of the streets, rool-up garage doors sucked right out of their tracks out in the yards, boat covers and bimini's ripped to shreads, even saw a r/v garage not quiet completed that was demolished. It was unbelivable. Our place is in central havasu and had no idea this had happened until we went up to the end of Bison and parked to watch the lightning show. When we left there we headed north and saw the havick. Didn't have a camera. Every one that was home was standing out in the street talking on cell phones looking in amazement. Soon after there was fire trucks, police and emergency response vehicles everywhere. Saw them in one house but don't know what happened. It was truly awfull. Hope no one got hurt. Alot of serious damage.

Focker
08-29-2005, 06:41 PM
yep that is how i found out my neighbor called me

Focker
08-29-2005, 06:43 PM
We were there right after it went through. Drove towards the north end of town and could not believe what I was seeing. The toy box trailer in the driveway laying on it's side, telephone poles snapped in half like toothpicks, roof a/c units in the middle of the streets, rool-up garage doors sucked right out of their tracks out in the yards, boat covers and bimini's ripped to shreads, even saw a r/v garage not quiet completed that was demolished. It was unbelivable. Our place is in central havasu and had no idea this had happened until we went up to the end of Bison and parked to watch the lightning show. When we left there we headed north and saw the havick. Didn't have a camera. Every one that was home was standing out in the street talking on cell phones looking in amazement. Soon after there was fire trucks, police and emergency response vehicles everywhere. Saw them in one house but don't know what happened. It was truly awfull. Hope no one got hurt. Alot of serious damage.
my neighbor said they watched the rain flow up hill on the street

Redneck
08-29-2005, 06:43 PM
Damm I won't be out there for 2 weeks. Hope mine is ok. :eek:
ill be out there this weekend want me to check on it pm me if so

Jyruiz
08-29-2005, 06:56 PM
Man, I should have gone this weekend. I would hope that my neighbors would call me, I left all my info with them when I first moved in, but they were in the process of seeling their home, so I don't even know if they are there. I will be there in two weeks, so if anybody needs me to check on there house, just let me know.

Focker
08-29-2005, 06:57 PM
Man, I should have gone this weekend. I would hope that my neighbors would call me, I left all my info with them when I first moved in, but they were in the process of seeling their home, so I don't even know if they are there. I will be there in two weeks, so if anybody needs me to check on there house, just let me know.
ill be back this thursday get me your address and # and ill let u know

Jyruiz
08-29-2005, 07:03 PM
Focker,
I sent you a PM.

Focker
08-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Focker,
I sent you a PM.
got ya covered

Rod-64
08-29-2005, 08:09 PM
Front page article in the paper last week had a family who had their chimney blow over and the house filled up with soot...........now that sucks eggs right there. :mad:

djunkie
08-29-2005, 10:03 PM
ill be out there this weekend want me to check on it pm me if so
I might just have you do that. I'm gonna try and call my neighbor in the morning. If I can't get a hold of them I may have to bother you to do it.