PDA

View Full Version : Deatail Question

Indobos
08-29-2005, 10:37 PM
What does everyone use to not only detail when they wash but what do You use after you pull it out the water?? Any help would be appreciated.
Oh yeah..Whoohoo 4 posts..

Miss Perfect
08-29-2005, 10:39 PM
What does everyone use to not only detail when they wash but what do You use after you pull it out the water?? Any help would be appreciated.
ohhhhh... 4 posts since June. You post ho! :D

Throttle
08-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Oh, Oh, Oh, let me help you on this one... I love these chances.... Plus I need to meet my goal this week.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
08-29-2005, 10:43 PM
I use to use a 50/50 water-vinegar mix until SOMEONE finally told me it takes the wax off......Wish I'd got that memo sooner.....
Now I just use a damp cloth at the ramp......
When I'm feeling CRAZY, I breakout the boat soap, bucket & sponge.....
Usually early evening so it dosen't dry too fast.....
Welcome to "The Boards"......
BTW.....Do you have a dog?? :wink:
Later,
CJG
:)

Throttle
08-29-2005, 10:44 PM
In a spray bottle, half water, then some vinegar, then some Meguiars fianl inspection and to top it off some of that quik spray wax from meguars (blue bottle)... Hope it helps.... More spots, more vinegar! wax later!

gqchris
08-29-2005, 10:45 PM
I use the Rex Marine Water Spot remover, "Wipe Clean". Comes in a little spray bottle, i use it for the gel and also my chrome! Works great..... ;)

Throttle
08-29-2005, 10:47 PM
I use the Rex Marine Water Spot remover, "Wipe Clean". Comes in a little spray bottle, i use it for the gel and also my chrome! Works great..... ;)
what do you put on that avatar?

Throttle
08-29-2005, 10:47 PM
your tongue I hope!

Throttle
08-29-2005, 11:01 PM
How much have you been drinkin tonight, because your grammer and spelling are worse than mine?

Indobos
08-30-2005, 07:17 AM
How much have you been drinkin tonight, because your grammer and spelling are worse than mine?
Damn Throttle,
Are you gonna change my oil? Cuz ya sure are riding me pretty hard. :D I thought I read somewhere about some damn secret sauce. Also used the vinager and water solution but that doesn't help the Stainless on the boat. Or some of the tougher water spots. Thanks again for your help.

NOTALENT
08-30-2005, 07:20 AM
Damn Throttle,
Are you gonna change my oil? Cuz ya sure are riding me pretty hard. :D I thought I read somewhere about some damn secret sauce. Also used the vinager and water solution but that doesn't help the Stainless on the boat. Or some of the tougher water spots. Thanks again for your help.
That would be tobtek's secret sauce...do a search on it or pm him...

BarryMac
08-30-2005, 07:21 AM
Damn Throttle,
PM Tobtek, he has the Secret Sauce, it works awesome, no work getting the spots off, he also sells a great interior cleaner. If your in Havasu his personal sales biatch is riverroyal, he'll bring it to you, just pay him toby's fee and give him a beer and he'll leave ya alone... :D :D

NOTALENT
08-30-2005, 07:22 AM
you can also use Warlock25's Frenzy products..they work wonders as well...
here's his web page...
http://www.attn-to-detail.com/

Indobos
08-30-2005, 10:59 AM
That would be tobtek's secret sauce...do a search on it or pm him...
Sweet! Thanks Notalent and GJB. Thats what I think I was looking for.

riverroyal
08-30-2005, 11:11 AM
ouch,,,man ***** would be better,,,,,,

riverroyal
08-30-2005, 11:12 AM
man whoooore

riverroyal
08-30-2005, 12:07 PM
can deliever to some areas if needed,,,let me know!

JB in so cal
08-30-2005, 12:15 PM
PM Tobtek, he has the Secret Sauce, it works awesome, no work getting the spots off, he also sells a great interior cleaner. If your in Havasu his personal sales biatch is riverroyal, he'll bring it to you, just pay him toby's fee and give him a beer and he'll leave ya alone... :D :D
:rollside: :rollside: :D :D :cool:

Topock Junkie
08-30-2005, 12:18 PM
A spray bottle full of vinegar with 3 or 4 cap fulls of turtle wax. It works awesome...

BarryMac
08-30-2005, 12:19 PM
can deliever to some areas if needed,,,let me know!
The delivery charge can't be beat, one 6 pack of good beer, not that crappy shiat some of you drink... riverroyal, just looking out for you bro, don't want anyone to take advantage of a good thing... :wink:

JB in so cal
08-30-2005, 12:25 PM
The delivery charge can't be beat, one 6 pack of good beer, not that crappy shiat some of you drink... riverroyal, just looking out for you bro, don't want anyone to take advantage of a good thing... :wink:
...he needs something to do.

Mrs.Racer277
08-30-2005, 12:41 PM
you can also use Warlock25's Frenzy products..they work wonders as well...
here's his web page...
http://www.attn-to-detail.com/
This stuff is the best. It works great and very easy to use. :)

M&M247
08-30-2005, 12:43 PM
By using turtle wax and vinegar, does that still take the wax off the boat. Seems you are trying to balance the two. Sounds great though.

riverroyal
08-30-2005, 12:50 PM
thats all i ask

Magic34
08-30-2005, 01:36 PM
By using turtle wax and vinegar, does that still take the wax off the boat. Seems you are trying to balance the two. Sounds great though.
The Turtle Wax will not neutralize the acidic properties of the vinegar.
Vinegar contains acidic properties and that is what removes the wax. Unless you dilute if heavily, like 90% water, 10% vinegar, and even at that, it still has a diluted acid.
The best form is to use a quality product that builds a barrier so the water spots don't technically get to the surface. This is easy if you boat 1 day at a time. If you have your boat in the water for 3-4 days straight, that barrier is broken down, so just have many coats of your favorite product on there and it will protect better than anything against water spots.

Magic34
08-30-2005, 01:36 PM
Try the Dri Wash 'n Guard product line. Easy to use and very effective.

riverroyal
08-30-2005, 01:38 PM
magic34 stuff,it works great,i had a few light swirls,nothing big ,it took them away,did the entire boat in less than a hour,that was right out of the water,spots were bad

BajaMike
08-30-2005, 01:44 PM
In a spray bottle, half water, then some vinegar, then some Meguiars fianl inspection and to top it off some of that quik spray wax from meguars (blue bottle)... Hope it helps.... More spots, more vinegar! wax later!
Vinegar and distilled water works best....
:D