PDA

View Full Version : Hey military guys

Tom Brown
08-30-2005, 12:37 PM
What's the deal with smoking on the front lines?
Every movie I see has the guys on the front lines all smoking. The guys I know who were/are grunts in the Canadian military all smoke.
When I go walking at night I can tell a smoker is coming my way from probably 100 meters away, unless the wind is really high. Were the guys in Vietnam all smoking in the jungle?
If I had to go to war, it would piss me off to no end to be the point man in a company of RJ Reynolds supporters puffing away that foul stench and keeping the heaters glowing cherry red.
Sure, most of the time it wouldn't be a problem but there would be times it would suck to be with a group of smokers.
... so what's the deal on that?

Jordy
08-30-2005, 12:42 PM
Canada has a military??? :cry: :confused: :rollside: :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-30-2005, 12:43 PM
Geez Tom, I had no idea you were so revolted by smoking. :squiggle:
I am glad I quit. Now we can be friends! :p :D

Tom Brown
08-30-2005, 12:43 PM
Canada has a military??? :cry: :confused: :rollside: :D
I asked a buddy of mine what he did in the military. He told me they basically dig fox holes all day, I asked if they did anything else. After thinking for a minute, he said they spend quite a bit of time filling in fox holes too.

Tom Brown
08-30-2005, 12:45 PM
I am glad I quit. Now we can be friends! :p :D
I have friends who smoke. It's no big deal. :cool:
Sometimes I piss on their pant leg. If I have to accept their bad habbit, they need to accept mine. :D

Debbolas
08-30-2005, 12:46 PM
What an interesting thread, Tom, where EVER did you get the idea :rolleyes:
lmao:D

spectratoad
08-30-2005, 01:06 PM
We did the same in the Navy. No smokes at night when the ship was rigged for "stealth" (basically all nav lights off).
Yep the smell would basically give you away and the cherry would make a nice target. :squiggle:

Seadog
08-30-2005, 01:37 PM
It was the habit of the tobacco industry to put small cigarette packs in the military rations during WWII. This practice was stopped in the 60s. Smoking was only allowed in rest areas or other secured zones.