PDA

View Full Version : I-Pod Question

MAINEVENT
08-30-2005, 01:33 PM
If i have all my music deleted from my computer but i still have it on my i-pod when i get a new computer can i transfer my music from my i-pod to my new computer or is their another way to do it :confused:
TIA :D

Kilrtoy
08-30-2005, 01:35 PM
DUDE, who uses an APPLE computer....

BajaMike
08-30-2005, 01:36 PM
Good question....I thought the music only went the other way....from the computer to the iPod.
:confused: :confused:

MAINEVENT
You tell me :notam: i have a PC an I-pod is a Mp3 player :notam: Fockn ole people :D

BajaMike
iPod's work with PC....
:D

MAINEVENT
08-30-2005, 01:37 PM
iPod's work with PC....
:D
He would'nt understand ;) :sleeping:

ROZ
08-30-2005, 01:38 PM
Yes... Put ITunes on your computer, then add your ipod...

riverbound
08-30-2005, 01:39 PM
No...the ipod references the music thats on the computer. As soon as youplug it in to the comp. you will lose all your music. They had to do this to get around the file sharing and pirating.

riverroyal
08-30-2005, 01:39 PM
i need ipod help,,,you got them?

ROZ
08-30-2005, 01:44 PM
You cannot back music out of the iPod once it's associated with iTunes on another computer. You can add to the iPod from a second computer. You need software, like CopyPod.
Gotcha... Guess I'd better download that when I get home :D

ROZ
08-30-2005, 01:50 PM
i need ipod help,,,you got them?
We have a couple models...

Essex29
08-30-2005, 01:55 PM
I have always had luck doing this....
1...create a new folder on the desktop
2...left click on my computer and left click on the ipod
3...find the folder that the music is in and minimize the window
4...click in the window that the music is in and do ctrl + A
5...then drag and drop in the new folder and all of the music will be copied to the new folder
I hope this helps! :p

Essex29
08-30-2005, 02:02 PM
I have done it and it is accessible to all audio programs :yuk: :)

essexjet
08-30-2005, 02:03 PM
I use ipod agent, works really well for putting music from your ipod to the computer

Essex29
08-30-2005, 02:06 PM
I'll give it a try. It shouldn't work. :p
That's the spirit! :D

riverroyal
08-30-2005, 02:07 PM
when are you there?

ROZ
08-30-2005, 02:09 PM
when are you there?I work at the West Regional offices here in Vista.... Near where the C-bad raceway use to be...

riverroyal
08-30-2005, 02:11 PM
at submarina,,ha,,,,so do i go to a store?

rvrhlic
08-30-2005, 02:14 PM
I use ipod agent, works really well for putting music from your ipod to the computer
Ipod agent is the best for downloading music from an ipod to your computer. You cannot just use the drop and drag technique with an ipod, all the songs are encrypted on it and you will not be able to use them with any program. The best thing to do is to use ipod agent move the songs to your desktop (temp folder). Then you associate the folder with itunes then you use itunes to consolidate your music folders then you delete the temp foldre on your desktop.
The thing about ipod agent is that you can hook up any ipod to it and take music, it is the best way to share your music library with your friends.

Essex29
08-30-2005, 02:20 PM
Ipod agent is the best for downloading music from an ipod to your computer. You cannot just use the drop and drag technique with an ipod, all the songs are encrypted on it and you will not be able to use them with any program. The best thing to do is to use ipod agent move the songs to your desktop (temp folder). Then you associate the folder with itunes then you use itunes to consolidate your music folders then you delete the temp foldre on your desktop.
The thing about ipod agent is that you can hook up any ipod to it and take music, it is the best way to share your music library with your friends.
I have copied my music numerous times....from one drive to another...refotmatted my ipod and reloaded the music....given the entire library to others....it works for me :cool:

voodoomedman
08-30-2005, 02:21 PM
If i have all my music deleted from my computer but i still have it on my i-pod when i get a new computer can i transfer my music from my i-pod to my new computer or is their another way to do it :confused:
TIA :D
Or just don't delete the music. Keep the hard drive and install it on your new computer. That way you have all your speed hogging music files on a secondary drive and not on the primary.

ROZ
08-30-2005, 02:28 PM
at submarina,,ha,,,,so do i go to a store?
Fawk dude, I cruise by your hood 2x per week... I can drop it off, check out your Rhino, and TP toby house all in one trip :D
Or you can grab it from a store....

riverroyal
08-30-2005, 02:31 PM
im kinda ipod stupid,wife wants one for her car,i want a portable for gym and boat,,,so what do i need and shoot me a price...

ROZ
08-30-2005, 02:38 PM
By the time you get done with all the Alpine crap he's going to make you buy, break out the checkbook. :D
He said Alpine crap...lol..... I take anything but Dinner's Club :notam: :D

riverroyal
08-30-2005, 02:39 PM
of?,,i really have no idea what i need

ROZ
08-30-2005, 02:40 PM
im kinda ipod stupid,wife wants one for her car,i want a portable for gym and boat,,,so what do i need and shoot me a price...
So you need 2 IPOD's... What model car and what brand of stereo in the boat?

riverroyal
08-30-2005, 02:41 PM
05' 525 bmw,princesses car

rvrhlic
08-30-2005, 02:41 PM
I have copied my music numerous times....from one drive to another...refotmatted my ipod and reloaded the music....given the entire library to others....it works for me :cool:
If you use the Ipod as a harddrive that will work. But... if you have your music on there that was put on there by itunes, it will now work. We have experimented with it several times and the best option is to use ipod agent. That way you can "borrow" music fro your friend's ipod.

cxr133
08-30-2005, 02:43 PM
WHAT....
he doesnt need 2 ipods... he can share w/ his wife for the car the gym and the boat

riverroyal
08-30-2005, 02:44 PM
she wants here own,,,she knows me tooo well,i will either break it,lose it,or leave it on the boat

ROZ
08-30-2005, 02:44 PM
If you use the Ipod as a harddrive that will work. But... if you have your music on there that was put on there by itunes, it will now work. We have experimented with it several times and the best option is to use ipod agent. That way you can "borrow" music fro your friend's ipod.
Mandelon... You need to download it so you can copy my IPOD...

ROZ
08-30-2005, 02:50 PM
she wants here own,,,she knows me tooo well,i will either break it,lose it,or leave it on the boat
Besisdes, You'll be at the gym listening to your IPOD while she can listed to her IPOD on the way to the mall :D
Besides, I've already been through this... My wife bought me one for christmas, but I didn't really use it until recently... 1st she was letting patients use it, after that my 5 yr old was using it. I have to get my daughter one so I could get mine back! ... Soon the 3 of us each have our own... :D

riverroyal
08-30-2005, 02:52 PM
getting kids,,,let me know what ya got,we shopped for them last nite,didnt buy,,later

Hallett19
08-30-2005, 02:52 PM
can you get copy pod for PC's ? and if so, where ? :rolleyes:

Jyruiz
08-30-2005, 02:53 PM
I use Podplayerpackage, it lets you download music by musician, genre, and so on. It is a small file, so I can e-mail to anybody who wants it.

ROZ
08-30-2005, 02:53 PM
Aaron, google CopyPod......... There's a bunch of sites
RR, I'll get at ya later... Hurry up to get those kids, mr mom! :D

Essex29
08-30-2005, 02:56 PM
'
I think all you need to do is turn off the auto updates or whatever it's called on the 1st page of the preferences tab and you're good to go ;) I have never used any type of sofeware and it works great...IMO :D

MAINEVENT
08-30-2005, 03:01 PM
Can someone say really fockn confused now :hammerhea :hammerhea :220v:

ROZ
08-30-2005, 03:10 PM
'
I think all you need to do is turn off the auto updates or whatever it's called on the 1st page of the preferences tab and you're good to go ;) I have never used any type of sofeware and it works great...IMO :D
So if I turn off the autoupdates, I can use your method to download tunes from someone's IPOD to my computer?

ROZ
08-30-2005, 03:15 PM
NO!
but the copypod will, correct?

Essex29
08-30-2005, 03:18 PM
NO!
Believe me, it works

Kokopelli
08-30-2005, 03:34 PM
I'm thinking about getting an Ipod to replace the music player I have now. I heard that I may not be able to use all of the music I have bought on WalMart on an Ipod. Is that true?

stashtrey
08-30-2005, 03:37 PM
download podutil.... just google it. I got it and it worked perfectly... copied my whole iPod to my pc at work... now I don't need to bring the iPod in. Its all there, and my coworkers can access all my music with iTunes. Pretty slick.

MAINEVENT
08-31-2005, 07:40 AM
So basically i need to download a program to be able to do this Right???? :idea:

Jyruiz
08-31-2005, 07:47 AM
So basically i need to download a program to be able to do this Right????
That would be the easiest way.

MagicMtnDan
08-31-2005, 07:54 AM
Yes.
If you guys have any questions, go to one of the hundred or so IPOD forums and you'll get all the answers to these questions from pimply faced computer geeks with LOTR characters as avatars.
Is Debbolas on those forums? :D
Thanks ***boatForumsAnswerDude!

Drift
08-31-2005, 08:09 AM
The guy's at the apple store suggested an application called iPod Rip. You can get it from the link posted below. You get 10 tries for free, then you have to pay 15 bucks for it. I've used it several times with success.
Every CD and even bootleg CD's will be able to be played though iTunes and on your iPod, but in most instances when the CD is a bootleg or the music was downloaded from another site it looses the song's track name and album info etc... reads as Untitled.