PDA

View Full Version : ***urgent*** Need Help!!!!

Gman
08-31-2005, 06:15 AM
My work Orfila Vineyards issued a memo at the start of the month to all employees (even independent contractors like myself) that all salesman have a quota to sell this month and that anyone not meeting this quota will be offered a part time hourly position but no longer a commission only deal. As some of you know I no longer work at the winery but I still sell for them on the side while I get my business off the ground. I am $1,300 short of the quota!!!! I have until 8-31-05 6PM to sell 1,300. I am calling on all my boating friends who drink wine or know some one who drinks wine to please help me out. the winery usually offers a 10% discount on anything under a case 20% on a case or more. I will give 15% on any thing under a case 25% on a case or more. Out of state no sales tax. Local I will deliver and not charge shipping. Please help a salesman trying to keep his side job.
P.S. BABY DYLAN IS DUE TO ARRIVE 10-4-05
*********ORFILA WINE LIST***********
ALL PRICES BELOW ARE BEFORE DISCOUNT!!!!!!
2004 COASTAL CALIFORNIA CHARDONNAY-750 ml. A rich, medium bodied Chardonnay blended from grapes grown at Bien-Nacido vineyards in Santa Barbara. Flavorful, with vanilla, apple & citrus aromas. Ideal with fish, chicken, turkey, and pasta. Serve chilled. DRY WHITE $16.00
2003 AMBASSADORÂ’S RESERVE CHARDONNAY- 750 ml San Luis Obispo county grapes, this full-bodied Chardonnay fills your palate with green apple,pineapple, citrus and clove. Aged in oak for a toasty finish. Serve with light chicken, fish and pasta dishes. DRY WHITE $21.00
2003 GEWURZTRAMINER - 750 ml Monterey county, Heavenly, delicate, floral. Gorgeous aromas of roses and honeysuckle layer the palate with melon, pears and honey. Hints of spice on the finish, ideal with spicy foods or as an aperitif. SEMI SWEET WHITE $ 15.00
2004 WHITE RIESLING –750ml. A wonderful summer wine with hints of citrus, peach and flowers. A light, crisp wine to enjoy with lighter foods or just by itself in your favorite spot on those warm summer afternoons.
SEMI SWEET WHITE $15.00
2002 SANGIOVESE ESTATE “di Collina” – 750 ml Aromas of Italian herbs, anise & vanilla in the nose followed by sweet fruit of perfectly ripe bing cherries and plums. Nice acidity with a clean long finish. DRY RED $ 20.00
2002 GOLD RUSH ZINFANDEL “old vine” –750ml This true California wine is made from old-vines grapes grown in select California vineyards. Full-bodied, with heavy flavors of dark berries and cherries, and a spicy finish. Enjoy with beef or game meats. DRY RED $ 24.00
2003 COASTAL CALIFORNIA MERLOT- 750 ml. A Rich, medium bodied wine with herbal notes and hints of raspberries & cherries. Produced from grapes grown on Tony & Sue GodfreyÂ’s hillside vineyards in Fallbrook (11 miles from the Pacific Ocean) and our estate hillside vineyards in the San Pasqual valley (15 miles from the Pacific Ocean). Ideal with beef and lighter foods. Serve at 55 to 60 degrees. DRY RED $17.00
2002 AMBASSADORÂ’S RESERVE MERLOT-750ml. Grapes from our estate vineyards. Our award winning Flagship Wine. The wine is deep garnet in color with black-olive, herbal aroma and plenty of berry & cherry flavors asserting themselves. DRY RED $28.00
2001 PINOT NOIR San Luis Obispo-750 ml. The coastal-influenced Edna Valley provided select grapes for this beautifully structured wine. Deep garnet color with rich, smoky, cherry & plum flavors with hints of oak. Enjoy with all red meats and roast chicken. A SPECIAL DRY RED $41.00
2002 SAN PASQUAL VALLEY “ESTATE SYRAH” – 750ml. Our Estate grown Syrah is produced from grapes grown on our own hillside vineyards in the San Pasqual Vineyard (15 miles from the Pacific Ocean). It brings forth a richness of black cherries and wild berries, with a hint of dark chocolate on the finish. Balanced by twelve months of French & American oak aging. Great with roasts, lamb, duck, or barbecues. DRY RED $25.00
2003 MUSCAT CANELLI– 750ml, A sweet white dessert wine, peaches, honeydew and a slight touch of honey on the palate. Wonderful with cheesecake, pastries, or sweet enough to be a dessert by itself. SWEET WHITE $15.00
TAWNY PORT-500 ml, This port is smooth velvety and rich in flavor. Made primarily from Zinfandel and Carignane. Grown in San Diego and Riverside counties. Enjoy sipping it after dinner in your favorite place. SWEET RED $ 20.00
CALL GAREY@
1 760 484 7379
OR EMAIL GGRACE1@COX.NET

MagicMtnDan
08-31-2005, 06:28 AM
I wish you a lot of luck and hope you're successful. If you're a good salesman, you shouldn't be working for commission only because there are plenty of companies who appreciate good salespeople by paying base pay, etc.
I realize that doesn't help you now and I also understand there may not be other sales jobs where you're located. I hope you'll find an employer who will provide you with a better opportunity.
Click here (http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2005-08,GGLD:en&q=Escondido+sales+jobs)

BarryMac
08-31-2005, 06:30 AM
I wish you a lot of luck and hope you're successful. If you're a good salesman, you shouldn't be working for commission only because there are plenty of companies who appreciate good salespeople by paying base pay, etc.
I realize that doesn't help you now and I also understand there may not be other sales jobs where you're located. I hope you'll find an employer who will provide you with a better opportunity.
That's great Dan, now buy some wine from Garey... :D

MagicMtnDan
08-31-2005, 06:35 AM
Thank you, Donald Trump Jr.
You're welcome ***boatForumAnswerMan :D

OGShocker
08-31-2005, 06:38 AM
I can send this to a few people. Good luck!!!

spectratoad
08-31-2005, 06:58 AM
Check your inbox. :coffeycup

riverbound
08-31-2005, 09:02 AM
Im not much of a wine drinker, But I sent this to some people I know that are. Good luck.

Gman
08-31-2005, 01:05 PM
Click here (http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2005-08,GGLD:en&q=Escondido+sales+jobs)
I work from home by laptop and cell phone commission only is the way to go.17% of any thing I sell. It's the reason I left being the winery manager and started my own business. I am actually salesman of the year and I only do it a couple hours a day while I get my business off the ground.
NOW BUY SOME WINE!!!

Gman
08-31-2005, 01:06 PM
That's great Dan, now buy some wine from Garey... :D
What he said!!!

Gman
08-31-2005, 01:07 PM
I can send this to a few people. Good luck!!!
Thank you.

Gman
08-31-2005, 01:07 PM
Im not much of a wine drinker, But I sent this to some people I know that are. Good luck.
Thank you

Gman
08-31-2005, 01:12 PM
243 views and zero buyers so far! :hammer2: What happened to our little community? :confused:

dicudmore
08-31-2005, 01:17 PM
243 views and zero buyers so far! :hammer2: What happened to our little community? :confused:
not to be a smart ass...but, you ain't pitchin' Coors Light here :wink:
Good luck Gman with your sales and your business

dimarcobros
08-31-2005, 01:26 PM
I replied to the thread on RRL but I am getting orders from people at work and another office. I will have my order for you by noon tomorrow. We are at 10 bottles so far. :rollside:
DMB

jdogginla
08-31-2005, 01:28 PM
You have another Riesling? If not........I'll still take two bottles. Let me know how you want me to pay for Ohhh I'll take one bottle of the muscat also.
How's the tanning with your Pinot Noir? Have you had it.......enjoy it? Have good leggs?
Let me know about that one........but for know i'm in for
2-Riesling
1-Muscat

Scream
08-31-2005, 01:51 PM
can you mix cases?
Scream <---only the alcohol threads can get me out now

Gman
08-31-2005, 01:55 PM
can you mix cases?
Scream <---only the alcohol threads can get me out now
Yes you can mix and match. Good to see ya still around

Scream
08-31-2005, 01:59 PM
Yes you can mix and match. Good to see ya still around
Oh, ya I'm still around, just busier than a one armed paper hanger that's all.
I emailed you what I am interested in. If you already have this month sewn up, you can put me off till next month as well. I love wine and wine loves me...until the next morning...
Scream

Gman
08-31-2005, 01:59 PM
You have another Riesling? If not........I'll still take two bottles. Let me know how you want me to pay for Ohhh I'll take one bottle of the muscat also.
How's the tanning with your Pinot Noir? Have you had it.......enjoy it? Have good leggs?
Let me know about that one........but for know i'm in for
2-Riesling
1-Muscat
Pinot is real young, I would hold it for awhile. It will turn out to be real nice pinot in a couple of months or a year, but it was just bottled and it got beat up pretty good on the bottling line.
I recommend
1 Reisling
1 Gewurtztraminer (like reisling same sweetness, but with a bit of spice)
1 Muscat
Let me know if you want to order and we can do payment and taking care of getting it to you.

Gman
08-31-2005, 02:05 PM
Oh, ya I'm still around, just busier than a one armed paper hanger that's all.
I emailed you what I am interested in. If you already have this month sewn up, you can put me off till next month as well. I love wine and wine loves me...until the next morning...
Scream
zero sales still need $1,300

Gman
08-31-2005, 02:33 PM
$1,000 To Go

jdogginla
08-31-2005, 02:48 PM
pm sent

ROZ
08-31-2005, 03:39 PM
Gewurtztraminer = Good recomendation from Gman...
Speaking of, I've been meaning to order a case, too :D I'll ask the wife which her favorite was!
Personally, I liked all of them :)