PDA

View Full Version : Pump Squeak

Tresguey
08-31-2005, 08:22 AM
I took her out again yesterday and noticed a squeaking sound. i would say from the pump. at idle if i hammer it, it seems to be a slug. but if i easy into it get a little speed going and hammer it. seems to be no problem. however it may still be losing power i really don't know. my question, would it be ok to run it like that the rest of the season or am i risking much more damage?

IMPATIENT 1
08-31-2005, 08:51 AM
you've probably have wear ring damage.do you ever lube your pump?grease the frt. bearing?if not get ready to spend so dough!

Squirtin Thunder
08-31-2005, 09:02 AM
I took her out again yesterday and noticed a squeaking sound. i would say from the pump. at idle if i hammer it, it seems to be a slug. but if i easy into it get a little speed going and hammer it. seems to be no problem. however it may still be losing power i really don't know. my question, would it be ok to run it like that the rest of the season or am i risking much more damage?
Sounds like the thrust bearing. and maybe the impeller and wear ring are toast too. The suction housing gets damaged when this happens, but it can be fixed with a sholderd wear ring and some sea goin putty.

Tresguey
08-31-2005, 09:55 AM
i replace the oil once a year along with greasing all the fittings. well i guess the season is over! oh well it was fun while it lasted. plus i need to paint her anyways.

IMPATIENT 1
08-31-2005, 10:24 AM
i replace the oil once a year along with greasing all the fittings. well i guess the season is over! oh well it was fun while it lasted. plus i need to paint her anyways.
perfect reason to start upgrading! :)

Tresguey
08-31-2005, 10:47 AM
yeah i need to do something to try and keep up with my buddies Whacka!!! if i do what i plan on doing he's gonna get very wet next summer!!! :cool:and he's hittin mid 80's

Statue
08-31-2005, 04:02 PM
What do you plan on doin'???!!!! Putting a V-Drive underneath it? That's what it would take!!! Why don't you post some more pics of your nonroosting no reverse Jet. Should we take my "turn key" "Whacka" out this week?

Tresguey
08-31-2005, 04:09 PM
make sure you ok it first through your wife!!!! by the way? why is it you never wanna test your Whacka against my jet? always some excuse about havin to move somrthing outta the way. i think your just scared to run it!!!! by the way make sure your power packs are in good shape LOL!

Squirtin Thunder
08-31-2005, 04:09 PM
yeah i need to do something to try and keep up with my buddies Whacka!!! if i do what i plan on doing he's gonna get very wet next summer!!! :cool:and he's hittin mid 80's
The Sanger Custom Sprint Jet is one of the quickest boats in the 1/8 of a mile once you have it set up right you should be able to leave on him even if he is able to run 90mph. Mine was very quick even with a bad Dist. with my MPD B impeller. Point and shoot.