PDA

View Full Version : EVERYBODY'S Store?

OGShocker
08-31-2005, 12:35 PM
By ALLEN G. BREED
Associated Press Writer
NEW ORLEANS
With much of the city emptied by Hurricane Katrina, some opportunists took advantage of the situation by looting stores.
At a Walgreen's drug store in the French Quarter, people were running out with grocery baskets and coolers full of soft drinks, chips and diapers.
When police finally showed up, a young boy stood in the door screaming, "86! 86!" _ the radio code for police _ and the crowd scattered.
Denise Bollinger, a tourist from Philadelphia, stood outside and snapped pictures in amazement.
"It's downtown Baghdad," the housewife said. "It's insane. I've wanted to come here for 10 years. I thought this was a sophisticated city. I guess not."
Around the corner on Canal Street, the main thoroughfare in the central business district, people sloshed headlong through hip-deep water as looters ripped open the steel gates on the front of several clothing and jewelry stores.
One man, who had about 10 pairs of jeans draped over his left arm, was asked if he was salvaging things from his store.
"No," the man shouted, "that's EVERYBODY'S store." :burningm:
Looters filled industrial-sized garbage cans with clothing and jewelry and floated them down the street on bits of plywood and insulation as National Guard lumbered by.
Mike Franklin stood on the trolley tracks and watched the spectacle unfold.
"To be honest with you, people who are oppressed all their lives, man, it's an opportunity to get back at society," he said.
Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.blah, blah, blah...

OutCole'd
08-31-2005, 12:38 PM
By ALLEN G. BREED
Associated Press Writer
NEW ORLEANS
"To be honest with you, people who are oppressed all their lives, man, it's an opportunity to get back at society," he said.
[/SIZE]
Please,....... :mad:

Debbolas
08-31-2005, 12:40 PM
:burningm:

Jyruiz
08-31-2005, 12:55 PM
To be honest with you, people who are oppressed all their lives, man, it's an opportunity to get back at society," he said.
Society does not owe them shit, they made there lives what they are today. Wrok hard, get and education, or something, but don't blame it on society when it is there lazy assess that dont want to progress. They want everything the easy way, jerkoffs.

slink
08-31-2005, 12:59 PM
Please,....... :mad:
You forgot, it's "N...A Please"

KACHINA KEN
08-31-2005, 01:02 PM
You forgot, it's "N...A Please"
you beat me to it

Havasu_Dreamin
08-31-2005, 01:04 PM
Mike Franklin stood on the trolley tracks and watched the spectacle unfold.
Give me a phucking break! WTF are any of the looters owed? NOTHING! Other than jail time!

THOR
08-31-2005, 01:04 PM
sophisticated city? My azz. That place is an arm pit at best. Tons of crime, tons of muggins and dirty as all hell.

Mike.A
08-31-2005, 01:05 PM
Martial Law is in affect.
Send our Military trainees down there for some target practice :D
Its only gonna get worse,
I can understand for food and drink, but material objects, (I need this color t.v to survive) yea right :mad:

That Guy
08-31-2005, 01:06 PM
I thought people yelled "5-0" when they saw the police? That's what I yell when I'm looting stuff.
I'm with you Bob...... :p :)

OGShocker
08-31-2005, 01:33 PM
Give me a phucking break! WTF are any of the looters owed? NOTHING! Other than jail time!
NEW ORLEANS
Dang HD,
Your quote of this line made it look like I wrote it.. :D

Havasu_Dreamin
08-31-2005, 01:34 PM
Dang HD,
Your quote of this line made it look like I wrote it.. :D
Yeah, I got rid of tghe rest but did not leave who actually said that, sorry about that. All fixed.

OGShocker
08-31-2005, 01:35 PM
I thought people yelled "5-0" when they saw the police? That's what I yell when I'm looting stuff.
Welcome to old age Bob. You know you've made it when "kidspeak" is confusing to you. :crossx:

OGShocker
08-31-2005, 01:38 PM
For a minute there, I thought you were soft on looting. :D
That's me. Hard on Hip Hop but, easy on looters. :notam: :D

OGShocker
08-31-2005, 01:41 PM
What's your position on looting hip hop music and/or boomboxes? :D
If the aluminum rod is placed with just the right amount of force, I am all for it! :idea:
How many Toby Keith CD's do you think will be looted?

cxr133
08-31-2005, 01:47 PM
what do you guys really care about some looted clothes, food .. water???
maybe a few tvs, vcrs, beer,
the people who own the store are gonna say its all destroyed anyway and get the insurance money.
i dont believe the looting is right .. but neither is insurance fraud

cxr133
08-31-2005, 01:48 PM
sophisticated city? My azz. That place is an arm pit at best. Tons of crime, tons of muggins and dirty as all hell.
yeah.. well see if their murder rates go down now...
new orlean has like the highest in the whole country

riverroyal
08-31-2005, 01:50 PM
id like a new watch and not pay for it,,,,,i could drive there,get some stuff,drive home,then sell it on here!,,new career

little rowe boat
08-31-2005, 01:51 PM
There are only 2 things worse than a thief, a murderer and a rapist. All are low lifes.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-31-2005, 01:53 PM
the people who own the store are gonna say its all destroyed anyway and get the insurance money.
You're missing the point, IMHO. You're right, it doesn't directly affect me, aside from an increase in insurance premiums that are passed on to policy holders who in turn raise the prices of the goods they sell. The point is, it's wrong and to say, well society owes it to me, excuse me but PHUCK THAT! That excuse is tired and worn out.

OGShocker
08-31-2005, 01:56 PM
Hmmmm :idea: Where were you in 1992? Who cares? I do.

cxr133
08-31-2005, 01:57 PM
i know im not saying its right....
but look at the one picture i saw the guy had a box of heinekens..
yeah... thats gonna do him good for the next few weeks.. w/ no running water, food electricity...
BUT there are others:
you gotta look at it like this too: everythings destroyed and they are scurrying to get the necessities (hopefully)

riverroyal
08-31-2005, 01:58 PM
even here on the west coast,the country has been heading to a resession for awhile,well here it is,full speed ahead.

SummitKarl
08-31-2005, 02:01 PM
id like a new watch and not pay for it,,,,,i could drive there,get some stuff,drive home,then sell it on here!,,new career
that new watch will cost you about $2k in gas :cry: , just wait for it to show up on e-bay :notam:

riverroyal
08-31-2005, 02:01 PM
those small keg cans kick ass,,,plus he has been drinking king cobras and 40s,,,put that into perspective,heres a 44' MTI cat,you have driven that searay long enough,,,kinda stretchin it a bit

riverroyal
08-31-2005, 02:02 PM
im gonna fill the truck,watches for all my friends

MagicMtnDan
08-31-2005, 02:05 PM
There are millions of people affected by what has to be the largest natural disaster in the history of this country. My heart goes out to 99.9% of them. But then there are the people who are looting (and others who are/will be price gouging). And there are the people who (mentioned in the article) say they're looting because, "To be honest with you, people who are oppressed all their lives, man, it's an opportunity to get back at society."
Here's a question you don't need to answer here on the forum: About the person who said that, what race do you think he comes from?
This type of attitude disgusts me and it's all too common.
All it takes is for a few of these looters to be shot and it will stop.

riverroyal
08-31-2005, 02:08 PM
few to get shot to stop it right now,theyre are gonna get real hungry real soon,theres bullets flying in those neighborhoods everyday,its a real bad scene.Worse than we will ever know from watching TV and sitting in the channel

Havasu_Dreamin
08-31-2005, 02:12 PM
im gonna fill the truck,watches for all my friends
Sweet! Can I be your friend? lmao

Havasu_Dreamin
08-31-2005, 02:14 PM
Personally, I think people that run red lights are worse than people that steal. Should we shoot all the red light runners too?
One is a traffic violation the other is criminal activity. Apples and oranges.

riverroyal
08-31-2005, 02:14 PM
tag?..I better hurry,wont be anything left

Havasu_Dreamin
08-31-2005, 02:17 PM
<------------don't know nothing about watches.
tag?..I better hurry,wont be anything left
Let's see, I wear a Seiko now, so either of those I think is an upgrade, right?

Havasu_Dreamin
08-31-2005, 02:25 PM
One is usually a misdemeanor and the other can cost someone their life. Your rationale is unsound.
What about my neighbor that insists on breaking the law every year and shooting fireworks from in front of his house? A couple years ago, three of those things landed, still smoldering, on my roof. Can I shoot him for endangering my life?
A traffic violation is a misdemeanor? Is it in the penal code or the vehicle code? And yes, running a red light can cost someone their life, then it becomes criminal. Don't get me wrong, I aint condoning either.

OGShocker
08-31-2005, 02:53 PM
i know im not saying its right....
but look at the one picture i saw the guy had a box of heinekens..
yeah... thats gonna do him good for the next few weeks.. w/ no running water, food electricity...
BUT there are others:
you gotta look at it like this too: everythings destroyed and they are scurrying to get the necessities (hopefully)
Hmm, let's see, One man's looter is another man's "Robin Hood"? Is that about right? So, following that logic, one man's car jacker is another person's valet? I am sure the m*therf*cker with the armful of jeans was some body's TAILOR. I would love to see some jacka$$ try to steal some electricity by licking a transformer at the power plant.

riverroyal
08-31-2005, 02:59 PM
told to leave,even the superdome,,,,45 days with no power or water,or sewer systems,,,so 500000 people are homeless or worse?Wheres the tent cities?wheres underdog when you need him

clownpuncher
08-31-2005, 03:14 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/536tosser.gif

riverroyal
08-31-2005, 03:35 PM
looters have been lighting pawn shops on fire after they loot them,pawn shop have been stripped of guns and ammo,,,,thats just nive huh

Jordy
08-31-2005, 03:40 PM
new orlean has like the highest in the whole country
They're up there. D.C. is still the #1, or has been for the last 20 years or so.
New Orleans is a dirty shithole town but they have great food and a killer party spot in the French Quarter though. I've been there a couple times and there are some scary people running around there and trying to separate you from your money. They always say don't carry a wallet and keep your money in your front pockets if you want it to stay with you. Everyone is out for theirs down there. It's almost 3rd World'ish.

riverroyal
08-31-2005, 03:42 PM
in need there,,,but Im telling the truth,I went there,I hated it.....doesnt mean im not sad for the victims,but that place isnt somewhere id call home...sorry HOSS.hope your ok

Desert Rat
08-31-2005, 04:06 PM
Martial Law is in affect.
Send our Military trainees down there for some target practice :D
Its only gonna get worse,
Can't..... G W sent them all to Iraq along with all the National Guard!!

Sherpa
08-31-2005, 04:06 PM
I'm just surprized that Walgreen's management didn't make the store manager,
or at least an assistant manager stay and guard the stupid place..........
I can see it now: store manager sitting just inside the front doors, on a
chair on the checkout register: holding a 12ga pump, and hoping the water
doesn't rise any further..........
--Sherpa

MagicMtnDan
08-31-2005, 04:28 PM
Yeah, that's what people said here about guys running from the cops. Just shoot a few and they will stop running. It doesn't work. You don't shoot people for stealing. You'd better be careful what you wish for, it doesn't take the trampling of too many rights before someone starts trampling on yours. Personally, I think people that run red lights are worse than people that steal. Should we shoot all the red light runners too?
Uh, ShockwaveBob, you've stepped in it now. :yuk:
"Looters will be shot" has been said and done over the years. It's a threat that worked then. But I guess nowadays with politically correct people (including you apparently), threatening looters with being shot is equal to shooting people who run red lights.
I know it's been hot lately - have you been out in the sun too long? You've missed the target on this one. Maybe if your house was being looted you'd feel a bit differently?

gqchris
08-31-2005, 05:31 PM
The funny part is going to be when these idiots legs and feet fall off from sloshing around and looting in water that is full of rotting bodies, animals, sewage, gasoline, and a whole slew of nasty crap!! They are playing around in it like the fire hydrant got turned on in the ghetto and its time to play in the "wa wa"!!! :mad:

cxr133
08-31-2005, 05:51 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/536tosser.gif
i was just saying...... you know that thing about opinions and a$$holes

chrissy
08-31-2005, 06:15 PM
When I was watching the news this afternoon, one of the stories they did about the looting said that during situtions such as martial law, the states have special laws and penalities for behavior such as this. They said looters could get up to 15 yrs.in prison. How much you wanna bet very few of these scumbags EVER get arrested or prosecuted?? :angry2:

uvindex
08-31-2005, 06:23 PM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20050830/capt.ladm10908301723.hurricane_katrina_ladm109.jpg ?x=218&y=345&sig=G7m12guybCetRDu2piT5NA--
A looter carries a bucket of beer
out of a grocery store in New Orleans
on Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2005, as
floodwaters continue to rise in New
Orleans after Hurricane Katrina made
landfall on Monday.
(AP Photo/Dave Martin)