PDA

View Full Version : Socal Ocean Boating for Labor Day?

SUBPRIME
08-31-2005, 02:52 PM
anyone planning on doing anything in the newport/catalina area labor day weekend? I will be out Sun and Mon was thinking of anchoring off catalina both days and was wondering if there was anything else going on???

JB in so cal
08-31-2005, 02:59 PM
anyone planning on doing anything in the newport/catalina area labor day weekend? I will be out Sun and Mon was thinking of anchoring off catalina both days and was wondering if there was anything else going on???
Nope. A better idea is to drive from my house, about 5 miles from the ocean, to the hot, hot desert against PIA traffic; boat on a crowded, sometime dangerous lake, then fight traffic all of the way home dodging crazy-ass drivers on Rice Rd. :mad:
But it'll be fun!

SUBPRIME
08-31-2005, 03:00 PM
Nope. A better idea is to drive from my house, about 5 miles from the ocean, to the hot, hot desert against PIA traffic; boat on a crowded, sometime dangerous lake, then fight traffic all of the way home dodging crazy-ass drivers on Rice Rd. :mad:
But it'll be fun!
lol yea I love the lake but think this might be a good weekend to stay home :idea:

LHC30Victory
08-31-2005, 03:08 PM
We are thinking about hitting the ocean this weekend but haven't worked out the schedule yet. Will keep ya in mind!

riverroyal
08-31-2005, 03:09 PM
damn it,,,,,im not even driving rice road,maybe not even the 10,may try a new way,top secret

Jyruiz
08-31-2005, 03:14 PM
That is one thing that sucks about keeping the boat at the Havasu house, can't do ocean rides anymore. Hope you guys have fun and keep it safe.

SUBPRIME
09-01-2005, 07:20 PM
come on Labor day weekend all these ***boat peps and no one's boating in the big blue?

Quality Time
09-01-2005, 07:30 PM
I plan on going out on Saturday & possibly Monday.

Midlife Advantage
09-01-2005, 08:47 PM
watch for Beer Factor in Avalon, he has a 24' SeaSwirl Striper, all white with a radar tower. him and his gal.

wantacat
09-01-2005, 08:52 PM
come on Labor day weekend all these ***boat peps and no one's boating in the big blue?
Im probably doing catalina on saturday. Will be hanging around long beach area this weekend. I dont feel like driving to havazoo this weekend with all the mess up there. Im also in a Nordic Heat, if you see us wave us down! Will probably be out on monday as well.

andy01
09-02-2005, 11:05 AM
I will probably be out one of the days, Catalina,Newport, Long Beach I don't know where we will go but I know we will leave from Long Beach. Might even do Redondo if the water is good.

SUBPRIME
09-02-2005, 05:34 PM
wanta cat I'll keep an eye out for ya!! anyone see's me anchored off catalina this weekend pull up and hang out for a while!! :cool:

andy01
09-02-2005, 08:30 PM
wanta cat I'll keep an eye out for ya!! anyone see's me anchored off catalina this weekend pull up and hang out for a while!! :cool:
Where are you going to be? Avalon? I think I may go out early Sunday morning. Like 8 or something to Avalon.
Andy

wantacat
09-02-2005, 10:37 PM
What time are you leaving on sunday/monday? Are you leaving from long beach? Ill be launching at Davies...let me know ....maybe we can cruise up together so we dont have to go solo in the big blue....

Riverkid
09-03-2005, 04:22 AM
Anyone been up to Paradise Cove in Malibu?

LHC30Victory
09-03-2005, 06:50 AM
If we go (it looks likely), we are going from Long Beach on Sunday. Hope to see folks out there.