PDA

View Full Version : Get Gas Tonight!!!!!

SnakeWrench
08-31-2005, 08:50 PM
GAS IS GOING TO JUMP A MINIMUM OF $.40 TONIGHT!!!!! GET GAS NOW AND IT WILL BE $3.30 + IN THE MORNING. Mrs Snake works for a major oil compan and got the memo about an hour ago.

Throttle
08-31-2005, 08:53 PM
GAS IS GOING TO JUMP A MINIMUM OF $.40 TONIGHT!!!!! GET GAS NOW AND IT WILL BE $3.30 + IN THE MORNING. Mrs Snake works for a major oil compan and got the memo about an hour ago.
Oh thats just great, thanks... I will go fill up, I ran outa jack anyway!

bordsmnj
08-31-2005, 08:56 PM
so,basically i should just chill since when i fill up the boat tomorrow av gas will be cheaper than pump gas. great. :yuk:

NOTALENT
08-31-2005, 08:58 PM
shit..im not even sure if my boat is going to run this weekend..but I may fill it up right now anyways.... :jawdrop:

Magic34
08-31-2005, 08:59 PM
If super unleaded is over $3.75 per gallon, I'm cancelling my trip. I cant do anything to fill up the boat until tomorrow.
At $3.75 that would make regular around $3.55. We'll see, AZ is usually a dime less than CA.

Throttle
08-31-2005, 09:02 PM
Hey snake, I am beginnin not to like you anymore. Stop with da bad news...
Howz friday, wanna have a beer at lunch?

SnakeWrench
08-31-2005, 09:02 PM
You can look for super to be around $3.90 per gallon by friday

SnakeWrench
08-31-2005, 09:03 PM
Hey snake, I am beginnin not to like you anymore. Stop with da bad news...
Howz friday, wanna have a beer at lunch?
Your on bro. You gonna be in town?

Throttle
08-31-2005, 09:03 PM
You can look for super to be around $3.90 per gallon by friday
just in time for the last holiday weekend, we all should have known it was comin!

SnakeWrench
08-31-2005, 09:05 PM
Mrs Snake keeps giving me all kinds of good news to pass on. (blame her)

dmontzsta
08-31-2005, 09:06 PM
I normally dont type in caps, cause it is considered yelling, but...
THIS IS ****ING BULLSHIT, WHEN IS IT GOING TO STOP?

Throttle
08-31-2005, 09:06 PM
Your on bro. You gonna be in town?
I'm gonna make a special trip to come see you! ;)

SnakeWrench
08-31-2005, 09:09 PM
Right on Dude. Sounds good to me. Maybe some killer mexican food too.

Throttle
08-31-2005, 09:12 PM
Right on Dude. Sounds good to me. Maybe some killer mexican food too.
ok, what time is good?

Outnumbered
08-31-2005, 09:13 PM
If super unleaded is over $3.75 per gallon, I'm cancelling my trip. I cant do anything to fill up the boat until tomorrow.
At $3.75 that would make regular around $3.55. We'll see, AZ is usually a dime less than CA.
You guys crack me up. Big baller rig like that and you are cancelling your trip :rolleyes: What's an extra $100 or so in gas gonna do? Go and have fun, no worries. You only live once.

SnakeWrench
08-31-2005, 09:14 PM
You guys crack me up. Big baller rig like that and you are cancelling your trip :rolleyes: What's an extra $100 or so in gas gonna do? Go and have fun, no worries. You only live once.
You know how it works, Get the rig and such, but can't afford to run it. LOL Kidding dude.

SnakeWrench
08-31-2005, 09:15 PM
ok, what time is good?
12's good.

SnakeWrench
08-31-2005, 09:19 PM
Wait a minute. How much is beer per gallon. I believe it's a hell of a lot more than gas per gallon, but I never hear you guys crying about your beer being a buck more.

Throttle
08-31-2005, 09:19 PM
I am going to work tomorrow and dont get off until friday morning, then I gotta go to la, so I think thats do-able. c ya then.

SnakeWrench
08-31-2005, 09:20 PM
Sounds good T. Let me know if anything changes.

Dusty Times
08-31-2005, 09:28 PM
$100 would give me .1212121 of a tank of fuel if it hits $3.30 per gallon.
Do I wake the family up to the sound of hooking up the boat?
I'm thinking about it! Or maybe not :sleeping:

Outnumbered
08-31-2005, 09:33 PM
$100 would give me .133333 of a tank of fuel if it hits $3.00 per gallon.
Do I wake the family up to the sound of hooking up the boat?
I'm thinking about it! Or maybe not :sleeping:
I said $100 extra, not $100 total. 250 gallons x .40 cents is $100.
I was thinking about filling mine up tonight and figured that 60 gallons would only cost me $24 more tomorrow. Not worth the hour plus it would take to pull the boat out and fight for a place in line at the gas station tonight.

Kilrtoy
08-31-2005, 09:36 PM
Wait a minute. How much is beer per gallon. I believe it's a hell of a lot more than gas per gallon, but I never hear you guys crying about your beer being a buck more.
Yeah but Im not drinking 100 gallons an hour

Dusty Times
08-31-2005, 09:37 PM
I never thought I would say it but it doesn't look so bad to own a PWC instead of a boat with gas prices like this.
Anybody want to buy a boat with an empty gas tank? :cry:

Rexone
08-31-2005, 09:37 PM
I normally dont type in caps, cause it is considered yelling, but...
THIS IS ****ING BULLSHIT, WHEN IS IT GOING TO STOP?
It will stop when people stop using so much gas. (not anytime soon).

Brooski
08-31-2005, 09:38 PM
Oh thats just great, thanks... I will go fill up, I ran outa jack anyway!
WHAT???? A true jack drinker would never run out.....
I am ashamed of you!! :frown: You may as well start drinking Captain.

Outnumbered
08-31-2005, 09:39 PM
It will stop when people stop using so much gas. (not anytime soon).
Or better yet, it will stop when the libs let us tap into more of our own oil in Alaska, then we won't be at the mercy of OPEC.

Throttle
08-31-2005, 09:44 PM
this could be true :rolleyes:

Throttle
08-31-2005, 09:46 PM
WHAT???? A true jack drinker would never run out.....
I am ashamed of you!! :frown: You may as well start drinking Captain.
its never happened before but I took a bottle to a friends the other day and... well you guess. it did not make it back.
i promise, I will not alow it to happen again! now that I have some in da house I will have to wait till friday to have any more!

Throttle
08-31-2005, 09:49 PM
just got back from fillin up... I can't tell the difference anymore... $95.00 bucks to fill up. shiat! :mad:

Dusty Times
08-31-2005, 09:50 PM
Oh!
You just filled up the truck. The boat is a different story :cry:

Jyruiz
08-31-2005, 09:51 PM
Just go back myself, I hope it does not stay at the mentioned price for long. Bastards!

Throttle
08-31-2005, 09:56 PM
Oh!
You just filled up the truck. The boat is a different story :cry:
the boat is already full, ready to go in havi, but I will not see it till next week.

ThongMagnet
08-31-2005, 10:04 PM
As Bush said in the beginning "This war is not about oil...it's about the Iraqi people needing there freedom" :hammerhea......And Texas filling their ten gallon hat's (And I voted for him and his dad 4 times)

Outnumbered
08-31-2005, 10:36 PM
As Bush said in the beginning "This war is not about oil...it's about the Iraqi people needing there freedom" :hammerhea......And Texas filling their ten gallon hat's (And I voted for him and his dad 4 times)
Ya, if John Kerry were pres gas would be $1.50 per gallon :rolleyes:
I was waiting for someone to blame it on W. Its all his fault ya know. Its his fault Katrina hit the Gulf Coast too and took out the refineries. :p

Kiddunot
08-31-2005, 11:18 PM
You Know What, Screw This Gas Thing I Am Going To Walmart And I Am Gonna Buy 1 Oar For Each Person On The Boat. I Will Then Launch At Needles Paddle My Ass Out Of The Jetti And Float To Havasu. Then Paddle My Ass Back To Needles. By The Way, Can You Get A Dui For Paddling Even If The Keys Are Not In The Ignition. Cause One Thing Is For Damn Sure, It Is Going To Take Me A Lot Of Beer To Get Back Up To Needles If I Am Paddling.

HM
08-31-2005, 11:22 PM
Ya, if John Kerry were pres gas would be $1.50 per gallon :rolleyes:
I was waiting for someone to blame it on W. Its all his fault ya know. Its his fault Katrina hit the Gulf Coast too and took out the refineries. :p
No no no....GW, and the MIB (the secret government) actually created Katrina in a lab for the sole purpose of driving up oil. Their plan is going perfectly. :hammerhea

Outnumbered
08-31-2005, 11:40 PM
No no no....GW, and the MIB (the secret government) actually created Katrina in a lab for the sole purpose of driving up oil. Their plan is going perfectly. :hammerhea
http://www.gazette.uwo.ca/2004/March/25/Pics/15B%20Dr.Evil.jpg

PHX ATC
09-01-2005, 05:38 AM
I suppose people are going to drive longer and run their boats longer between oil changes too? :hammer2: :)
We're going to quit eating so damn much because the price of food has increased as the transportation for food delivery has gone up. I'm not going to mow my grass anymore, I'm going to hire sheep (or let our horses graze on the front lawn). I'm not going to cruise the hood in the golf cart...matter of fact I'm going to trade it in on an electric cart.
I can't wait (tongue in cheek) to see how this affects SUV sales.
Of course this from a moron who's on the fence and halfheartedly attempting to sell one of his trucks. I'm glad I'm in a financial position that I don't have to sell anything.
Life goes on. :)

OGShocker
09-01-2005, 05:41 AM
$.40? Thank you SW!! You just saved me $40-$50.

OGShocker
09-01-2005, 05:43 AM
Hey dufuss! Your shoe is untied!

SnakeWrench
09-01-2005, 05:46 AM
oh, uh, good point. LOL

Chubby4Life
09-01-2005, 06:32 AM
Snake, doesn't this increase kill the oil company statements, that it takes aprox. 30-60 days to feel the impact of a certian catastrophy on the consumer end? If so, why are we having this coversation now and not around the end of the month? -Chris

HocusPocus
09-01-2005, 06:45 AM
hmmm.. gas is the same price this morning as it was last night for me. you sure about the .40 overnight??

Vada
09-01-2005, 06:50 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't get gas last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I wake up this morning and go to get gas and it's like $112.9 per litre!!!!!
This f'n blows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I wish I had a gun! :mad:

Topock Junkie
09-01-2005, 07:03 AM
Every time i fill up now I want to punch the guy behind the counter. It really gets me going when I see the guy on the ladder raising the prices .10 at a time. I just want bump him off the ladder.

Powerquestboy
09-01-2005, 07:03 AM
Well gas in my neighborhood here in AZ only went up about 4 cents. The news scared everyone into thinking there is a gas shortage so everyone was filling up and now many stations are sold out until todays trucks come so that is freaking even more people out. Morons! THere is no way this hurricane could have started a gas shortage in a few days, those oil rigs in the gulf arent pumping that Sh#t straight to the stations!

Havasu_Dreamin
09-01-2005, 07:16 AM
KATRINA'S RISING TOLL
$3 Gas Is Likely in a Matter of Days
By James F. Peltz and Dana Calvo
Special to The Times
August 31, 2005
Ripples from Hurricane Katrina could deliver $3-a-gallon gasoline by Labor Day weekend to California and across the nation as most of the Gulf Coast petroleum industry remained closed Tuesday, pushing wholesale energy prices to new highs.
Fearful of shortages, traders in New York furiously bid up prices of crude oil, gasoline, natural gas and heating oil as grim images poured in of severe flooding and other extensive damage to the oil-rich area.
In the Gulf Coast region, which accounts for about one-quarter of the nation's production of oil and natural gas, 95% of the oil output and 88% of the natural-gas production remained shut down, according to the U.S. Minerals Management Service, an arm of the Interior Department. Several gasoline refineries and pipelines were still out of commission.
The stunning surge in futures prices will soon spread across the nation, analysts said. That includes California, where prices at gasoline pumps — already averaging a record high of nearly $2.81 a gallon for self-serve regular — should keep rising in the wake of Katrina's devastation, they said.
"The storm is going to cause gasoline prices in California to go up," said David Hackett, president of Stillwater Associates, an oil consulting firm in Irvine.
California doesn't import much gasoline from the East because of strict air-quality standards. Even so, the state's prices are heavily influenced by swings in prices for oil and gasoline futures contracts traded on commodities markets, he said.
And there was speculation that energy companies and traders might export California fuel to the Gulf states to cash in on prices that for once were higher than those in the Golden State.
Crude oil accounts for about half the cost of gasoline, and the U.S. benchmark grade of light crude for October delivery on the New York Mercantile Exchange surged as high as $70.90 a barrel before closing at $69.81, up $2.61.
It was the highest closing price since oil futures began trading on the Nymex in 1983, breaking the previous record of $67.49 a barrel reached Thursday. If adjusted for inflation, prices are still below the $90-a-barrel level reached in 1980-81.
Gasoline for September delivery on the Nymex skyrocketed 41.39 cents, or 20%, to $2.475 a gallon. The rally was so frenzied that, after prices had jumped 25 cents a gallon, the exchange halted trading for five minutes to let the market cool. But after trading resumed, prices shot even higher.
The effect of those soaring prices was quickly felt in regional wholesale markets where fuel wholesalers and service stations buy supplies for immediate delivery. Along the Gulf Coast itself, some gasoline was being priced as high as $2.85 a gallon, while prices reached $2.53 to $2.60 a gallon in California's unregulated spot market, according to Oil Price Information Service, an energy research firm.
Pump prices paid by Californians typically are at least 60 cents a gallon more than wholesale prices to reflect taxes, transportation and the dealer's profit, meaning "$3 gasoline is pretty much a certainty" at many gas stations over the Labor Day weekend, said Denton Cinquegrana, the firm's West Coast editor. Prices are less likely to fall after the holiday, when demand for gasoline typically eases.
On Tuesday, the average price for self-serve regular in California had climbed only slightly, to $2.809 a gallon compared with $2.801 on Monday, but that was still a record high, according to AAA.
Motorist Israel Solis, buying $2.89-a-gallon gasoline Tuesday night at a Chevron station in Santa Monica, was dismayed at the prospect of even more costly fuel. Gas sticker shock had already forced cancellation of a Labor Day trip to visit family in San Jose, the 29-year-old Marina del Rey resident said.
"It's sad. We're just going to have to pay it. What can you do?" said Solis, who said his wife had called before he pumped to remind him not to splurge on a more expensive grade.
The unprecedented prices could add to the record profits that many oil companies have enjoyed over the last 18 months, at least in regions unaffected by the powerful storm. Stock prices for several of the oil companies also rose Tuesday even as their problems in the Gulf mounted.
But the companies also face as-yet uncalculated repair bills to fix their production, refining and distribution facilities. In addition, many of the major oil companies, including Shell Oil Co. and Valero Energy Corp., have begun rationing how much gasoline they provide wholesalers and dealers while their Gulf Coast operations recover.
Some politicians have urged President Bush to immediately release some of the 700 million gallons of oil in the U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve so that refiners can be confident of having enough supplies to make gasoline and other fuels. The White House has indicated that it would be willing to lend oil to companies, as it did after Hurricane Ivan nearly a year ago, but so far hasn't committed to simply releasing oil to the market.
When the hurricane struck Monday, energy prices jumped at first but then backed off somewhat, as Katrina moved inland and traders took some of their profits, believing that severe damage had been avoided.
But as Tuesday unfolded and energy company crews boarded airplanes and helicopters to get their first aerial views, the enormous extent of the hurricane's destruction became more apparent. Reports quickly surfaced about flooded refineries, closed pipelines and production platforms that had torn lose from their moorings.
Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc., for example, said its Ocean Warwick drilling rig — which normally floats 12 miles off the coast of Louisiana — was found miles away with "significant damage" at Dauphin Island, off the coast of Alabama. Murphy Oil Corp. said its New Orleans refinery was inaccessible because of flooding.
There also was topside damage to a big platform called Mars operated by Shell, according to a message to employees from Shell President John Hofmeister. Shell was sending out crews to retrieve two drilling rigs that drifted off location, with hopes of towing the rigs to shallow waters to make repairs, he said.
But as crews fanned out, they struggled to exchange information with company managers because electricity and phone lines were mostly out.
"There's just no phone service in or out of this impacted area, so we're just getting sporadic communication from our employees who have evacuated," said Chevron Corp. spokesman Mickey Driver.
Valero Energy began flying electrical workers and other repair personnel to its refinery in St. Charles, La., but it will still take one to two weeks for the facility to reopen, said spokeswoman Mary Rose Brown.
Other energy companies were still in the dark. ConocoPhillips executives said they knew almost nothing about three oil platforms that had been evacuated or its refinery in Belle Chasse, La., near New Orleans.
There was some good news. Hugh Depland, a spokesman for British oil giant BP, said aerial surveillance showed that the company's 59 platforms in the region — six of which are deepwater rigs — were in good condition.
Reprtined without the consent of the New Democrat, errr, the Los Angeles Times

6 Dollar Boat
09-01-2005, 07:22 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't get gas last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I wake up this morning and go to get gas and it's like $112.9 per litre!!!!!
ENGLISH Please !!! :frown: :D :D :D

Vada
09-01-2005, 07:24 AM
ENGLISH Please !!! :frown: :D :D :D
Will someone please translate :p
I'm Canadian, what can I say? I go by litres!
In english...............IT'S F'N MAKING ME WANT TO GET A GUN :devil:

malcolm
09-01-2005, 07:41 AM
Hmmm, I wondered which van by the river you were hiding in. :)

Vada
09-01-2005, 07:42 AM
Hmmm, I wondered which van by the river you were hiding in. :)
:D
It's big and brown!

Magic34
09-01-2005, 07:42 AM
Has nothing to do with how much money I may make. I just find it has gotten to a point where I don't want to keep pumping money into a hole. The hole not being the boat, but the gas tank. I have other things that I enjoy that would cost me $600-$700 less for the weekend.
I have a toy hauler and quads that I could take somewhere for $300 total (gas, food, etc.), where the weekend on the boat is over $1000. It's not that I have a problem with the $1000 weekend, but how much higher are you going to let that smae weekend rise in just the additional cost of fuel. Something has to give. I'm OK with or accept $3/gallon which is about $1 more than the same time last year, but $4 per gallon.... something has to change and I want to lower my demand for that product, so using it less does that for me.
Only problem with that plan is the new toy hauler is not in yet. :hammerhea
I'm excited for the dune season because it is a break from the $400 at the gas pumps eery other day when the boat is operating.
I enjoy the boat more than anything, but throwing away money is not my style, regardless what I make or anyone else may make.

riverroyal
09-01-2005, 10:46 AM
what kinda toy hauler,and how big is the blender,cause im gonna be there knockin on the door

Magic34
09-01-2005, 11:26 AM
what kinda toy hauler,and how big is the blender,cause im gonna be there knockin on the door
2007 Weekend Warrior CL40 :D You can knock, we normally head to Gordon's or Buttercup.
Kitchen Aide blender.
But because I have a boat with 2 motors I should be considered a big baller and not give a sh*t about how I spend each dollar that I have. Sorry, I dont buy that reasoning.

riverroyal
09-01-2005, 11:28 AM
im my tiny 37' with some no name cost co blender,,,

Magic34
09-01-2005, 11:31 AM
im my tiny 37' with some no name cost co blender,,,
Tiny, yeah right. :cool:

riverroyal
09-01-2005, 11:33 AM
1st trip this summer to havasu with cruise control set at 70,,,gonna feel like i can step up

Magic34
09-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Well, I didn't get gas last night and this morning it was $2.95/gallon for super unleaded. I was planning to go get it after the sun went down today and it is $3.15 at that same station today. 100 gallons is only $20 more for those making the argument, but now there seems to be a monsoon coming and I wont pull the boat out to fill it up, so we'll see where it ends up when I fiannly can do it. Probably worse tomorrow.
Damnit, should have spent 2 hours last night and just did it. :burningm:

JB in so cal
09-01-2005, 04:50 PM
2007 Weekend Warrior CL40 :D You can knock, we normally head to Gordon's or Buttercup.
Kitchen Aide blender.
But because I have a boat with 2 motors I should be considered a big baller and not give a sh*t about how I spend each dollar that I have. Sorry, I dont buy that reasoning.
Boy. For a Baller, you sure complain! :)

Magic34
09-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Boy. For a Baller, you sure complain! :)
LOL, thanks... I needed that. ;)

JB in so cal
09-01-2005, 04:56 PM
LOL, thanks... I needed that. ;)
I forgot in all the haze of everyone giving you chit; are you not going to be at havazoo this weekend? Desert, maybe?

Magic34
09-01-2005, 05:04 PM
I forgot in all the haze of everyone giving you chit; are you not going to be at havazoo this weekend? Desert, maybe?
Never planned on Havasu... regardless of fuel prices. We are planning on hitting a lake about 90 minutes from here the same size of Havasu.
That is still up in the air. I have a feeling of guilt that I am using too much fuel where other parts of the country need it. Damn, I'm getting soft.
I am using the boat... Either up at Roosevelt (that's the one listed above) or at the local Phoenix lake, but most likely heading up to Roosevelt. I just want to help that region if I can.
I have many distributors in the Biloxi and Gulfport area, and have not heard a word about them. I figure if we haven't heard anything by the beginning of next week, we are not going to hear any good news of safety. I have one of my head sales guys calling the Coast Guard to see if he can help in New Orleans. He is dive certified and offered to help for a few days. This entire issue is weighing heavy in my mind. Maybe because I have spent time with the people of Biloxi doing meetings. I try to recognize the areas that I am familiar with on the news, but can't tell anything. I normally stay at the area with the big boat as a casino in the water, and haven't seen any images of that area that look the remotely the same.

Jordy
09-01-2005, 05:05 PM
I normally stay at the area with the big boat as a casino in the water, and haven't seen any images of that area that look the remotely the same.
I keep looking for the Beau Rivage in the shots but nothing. That place was Vegas style with a big marina right behind it. :( :( :(

Blown Spectra
09-01-2005, 05:07 PM
whats to come people........
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/59gas_prices.bmp

BoatPI
09-01-2005, 06:01 PM
FYI just this afternoon near my office in Monterey Park, CA...Arco went to 2.89, Mobil 2.93, 76 to 2.94. and an independent at $3.09. Most went up 10 cents to 14 cents today alone. I should have filled up the Havasu Jeep and boats before i left two weeks ago.

Brooski
09-01-2005, 09:01 PM
FYI just this afternoon near my office in Monterey Park, CA...Arco went to 2.89, Mobil 2.93, 76 to 2.94. and an independent at $3.09. Most went up 10 cents to 14 cents today alone. I should have filled up the Havasu Jeep and boats before i left two weeks ago.
Prices went up the same amount here today. :hammerhea

Sleek26
09-01-2005, 10:01 PM
[QUOTE=Vada]Will someone please translate :p
I'm Canadian, what can I say? I go by litres!
3.8 litres=1 gallon

SnakeWrench
09-02-2005, 04:51 PM
So you canadians are getting really screwed then. Not only do you have to pay more for gas, ,,,,But you're Canadian. Damned unlucky bastard, aren't you. :)
Ok, for your information, THAT WAS A JOKE, MEANT TO BE A JOKE AND IS ONLY A JOKE! I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST CANADIANS. But those darned Swedes, now there could be an issue.
Sleek, if you are paying $1.28 per Litre of gas, you are paying $4.86 per U.S. Gallon.

EXTREMEBOATS
09-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Be thankful you have gas to buy!