PDA

View Full Version : The real deal for Labor Day

Cs19
08-31-2005, 09:49 PM
Keep your bench racing BS in the other Labor Day threads since they are so jacked up now anyways.This thread is to get an idea of what everyone is doing for Labor Day weekend.
Ive had about 5 Pms today with people asking what the deal is with 6th Ave. over Labor Day weekend and if its worth making the trip for.
Im still going to 6th Ave. on Saturday. Im planning on getting there mid-morning, and I have no expectations as far as racing..However Im down if the conditions are good.I was hoping we could put something togethor Saturday morning so we could get some racing in before it got crowded, but that got shot down as nobody wanted to wake up, Im over it. It sounds more like a solid day of binge drinking at the sandbar just below the dam. Which is cool with me, it will be cool to see everyone again since summer is winding down and this may one of the last gatherings.
Im headed to the river Friday morning, staying just down river from Water Wheel with some friends. Water Wheel is about 15-20 miles north of 6th Ave. Id be stoked to see some heads on that side of the dam. Im hoping to hit both the AHA QUIN sandbar and the Lost Lake sand bar over the weekend.Might go dam to dam one of the days if there is any water. Im staying till Monday and I'll be with a group of people, look for my black/white Eliminator pickle, and 4 other Cal Perf's and a pontoon.
Is anybody planning on hitting up Lost Lake on Sat or Sun evening? Or is anybody willing to get out of bed Sat. morning for some passes at 6th. Ave.? If we can get some boats out there it could be fun.
Chris
949-294-1394

MandDPerformance
08-31-2005, 09:58 PM
I just wanna have fun and run our old terd. Lost Lake is out for the weekend for us but you know we'll be at Aha and I'm still down to take a trip Sat. morning down South."6th" We'll be running our boats for sure Sat. and Sun. at the Quinn and it would be cool to see some other hot rods on our stretch of the river for a change. All bullshit aside; if theres water, we're running. :notam: :coffeycup

Cs19
08-31-2005, 10:01 PM
Tony, whos all coming out? Is the whole "Inflight 2" team going to be there? I saw thats Scotty is coming out, and hes bringing the red boat right?

Bense468
08-31-2005, 10:58 PM
I would imangine by now that the people that are in the know...already know. Get what I am throwin down there chief. ;)
Thanks for returning a call.

topfuel10
08-31-2005, 11:02 PM
Well for my self I will get to much sun drink till I cant drink no more and not remember any of it but thats the way it goes :confused:

Cs19
08-31-2005, 11:10 PM
I would imangine by now that the people that are in the know...already know. Get what I am throwin down there chief. ;)
Thanks for returning a call.
Bense, crazy night, didnt have time. Got a million things goin on, trying to get everyone ready for the weekend including myself.
Ill get back at ya tomorrow, thanks for the call chief.

Squirtin Thunder
08-31-2005, 11:23 PM
Chris,
If I get this thing back together.
Just puttin a Truck 460 in the boat.
With some special stuff !!!
We will be here to Needles.
Got some Texans coming up !!!
Jim

Devilman
09-01-2005, 03:44 AM
Chris,
If I get this thing back together.
Just puttin a Truck 460 in the boat.
With some special stuff !!!
We will be here to Needles.
Got some Texans coming up !!!
Jim
You too, huh? LOL Just got finished last night doing the same damn thing...

Dogballs
09-01-2005, 06:12 AM
Keep your bench racing BS in the other Labor Day threads since they are so jacked up now anyways.This thread is to get an idea of what everyone is doing for Labor Day weekend.
Ive had about 5 Pms today with people asking what the deal is with 6th Ave. over Labor Day weekend and if its worth making the trip for.
Im still going to 6th Ave. on Saturday. Im planning on getting there mid-morning, and I have no expectations as far as racing..However Im down if the conditions are good.I was hoping we could put something togethor Saturday morning so we could get some racing in before it got crowded, but that got shot down as nobody wanted to wake up, Im over it. It sounds more like a solid day of binge drinking at the sandbar just below the dam. Which is cool with me, it will be cool to see everyone again since summer is winding down and this may one of the last gatherings.
Im headed to the river Friday morning, staying just down river from Water Wheel with some friends. Water Wheel is about 15-20 miles north of 6th Ave. Id be stoked to see some heads on that side of the dam. Im hoping to hit both the AHA QUIN sandbar and the Lost Lake sand bar over the weekend.Might go dam to dam one of the days if there is any water. Im staying till Monday and I'll be with a group of people, look for my black/white Eliminator pickle, and 4 other Cal Perf's and a pontoon.
Is anybody planning on hitting up Lost Lake on Sat or Sun evening? Or is anybody willing to get out of bed Sat. morning for some passes at 6th. Ave.? If we can get some boats out there it could be fun.
Chris
949-294-1394
Chris, our group will check you out on saturday and figure out the rest of the tour from there!

BAE_557
09-01-2005, 06:33 AM
CFW on Sunday.

cyclone
09-01-2005, 08:33 AM
Myself and a few others are going to camp out at Big River Friday night. We'll tow down to 6th street saturday morning. I'd like to say early but knowing my friends that's just not gonna happen. We'll likely get on the water around 11am at the earliest. We'll kick it at the sand bar all day and tow back to BR. Sunday we'll float down to Shell Beach, just above Lost Lake and kick it there. Sunday night and monday we'll be back at Big River.
So Saturday is it for 6th Ave/6th St. for me.
I've got a blue/orange/green 19' Picklefork Ultra Shadow that's slow as f%ck but i do like beer. See y'all this weekend. :)

Johnwithjm
09-01-2005, 08:49 AM
We will be down at 6th ST. on Saturday sometime in the am. Sunday we will be at shell beach above Lost lake. Bringing a couple boats with us.

MandDPerformance
09-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Tony, whos all coming out? Is the whole "Inflight 2" team going to be there? I saw thats Scotty is coming out, and hes bringing the red boat right?
CS; Too my knowledge It's my family and Scotty at the Quinn. The rest of Inflight will be at Big River at Steve's house. Scotty will arrive at Aha Friday afternoon and we'll head on down to 6th Sat. AM. You should stop by Aha on Sat. Morning; I'll buy you breakfast and then we can convoy down to 6th. I've got 2 other CP's that are in for sure and 1 pontoon boat.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-01-2005, 09:58 AM
CS; Too my knowledge It's my family and Scotty at the Quinn. The rest of Inflight will be at Big River at Steve's house. Scotty will arrive at Aha Friday afternoon and we'll head on down to 6th Sat. AM. You should stop by Aha on Sat. Morning; I'll buy you breakfast and then we can convoy down to 6th. I've got 2 other CP's that are in for sure and 1 pontoon boat.
Tony,
Bring back some video and get me autographs from your pit crew :D

Scotty
09-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Tony,
Bring back some video and get me autographs from your pit crew :D
Jerry
If your talking about me all you have to do is call me and can drop a signed pic the mail. :)

MandDPerformance
09-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Jerry
If your talking about me all you have to do is call me and can drop a signed pic the mail. :)
Did Jerry start his reply with Scotty? No he didn't! He also asked for autos. from the pit crew. Not the PR Guy. Back off!!! :D :D :D

advantage21
09-01-2005, 10:52 AM
about what time sat morn? rollin out just to check out the action see you guys there.

Bense468
09-01-2005, 12:02 PM
RUMOR has it that Blythe was just wiped out by a Massive storm. This weekend is canceled

MandDPerformance
09-01-2005, 12:16 PM
RUMOR has it that Blythe was just wiped out by a Massive storm. This weekend is canceled
You are sooooo full of crap! Every other thread regarding Labor Day and 6th has gottern horribly poluted I guess you might as well try to screw this one up too. :D

n8dawg
09-01-2005, 12:17 PM
we do not know where were staying as of yet, but we will be down @ 6th saturday morning. Looking forward to seeing alot of the heavy hitters out there who have been talking on the forums, also want to get alot of video of all of you guys river racing.
Sunday, we'll be hitting up BR for a nice relaxing day of drinking and shootin' the shit with all of you. Should be a weekend of "GOODGUYS & GOODTIMES!!"

MudPumper
09-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Chris I'll be up at BR with Cyclone and the rest of the knuckle heads towing down to 6th on Saturday. Look forward to seein ya down there.
P.S. I'm still waiting on that return phone call from the last Ming Race. LOL :D

Bense468
09-01-2005, 01:02 PM
Update...New rumor has it that water is so low. I should bringing my banshee instead of my boat.

garret
09-01-2005, 02:42 PM
Chris
949-294-1394
all the jet ski guys launch early we launch around 11 am kick back and around 6pm the fun begins water conditions are awesome everybody is off the water and then we finish with a kick ass float. Just be patient and relax in the morning enjoy breakfast and then all the fun begins. Hope to see you there.

MandDPerformance
09-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Update...New rumor has it that water is so low. I should bringing my banshee instead of my boat.
I've got my 450 in the bed of truck just in case!!!! :cool: :cool:

Bense468
09-01-2005, 03:42 PM
I heard that if you don't have a membership to mayflower this weekend that you can't get in. I also heard that there will be DB checks at the ramp.
I hear voices sometimes...so take it for what its worth.

WILDERTHANU
09-01-2005, 03:48 PM
Hey now... are we hitting the road tomorrow afternoon or what buddy??? Im ready, to bad my banshees's up in Parker... :D

MandDPerformance
09-01-2005, 03:51 PM
I heard that if you don't have a membership to mayflower this weekend that you can't get in. I also heard that there will be DB checks at the ramp.
I hear voices sometimes...so take it for what its worth.
DB checks as far as decibles? Wow!! Maybe i'll leave my 450 at home too.
That voice you hear sometimes; what's his name? I think he talks to me too.

MandDPerformance
09-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Just talked to my Mom. She's at Aha Quinn right now. Said the water is so low she can walk across the river. Not looking Good. :shift:

WILDERTHANU
09-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Just talked to my Mom. She's at Aha Quinn right now. Said the water is so low she can walk across the river. Not looking Good. :shift:
You guys are too funny. So is 141 tunned and snappy as ever or what??? :hammer2:

HBjet
09-01-2005, 04:00 PM
50/50 chance I'm going this weekend... If I have a place to stay (should know for sure tonight)
My girlfriend and I will be rolling out Friday night to Big River. Towing to Blythe on Saturday to be on the water around noon and heading up to the sandbar to see all of the cool boats and maybe race a few of them myself. Are there any other full interior boats that are showing up to run on Saturday? Heading back to BR sometime later that day or night. Sunday going to Shell Beach and maybe the cover later that day. Monday the cove until later afternoon...
Should be a fun weekend...
HBjet :)

MandDPerformance
09-01-2005, 04:01 PM
You guys are too funny. So is 141 tunned and snappy as ever or what??? :hammer2:
Just sittin in the garage at the Quinn. Haven't driven Loo Lu in a month. I'm sure it will be just fine providing there's water. Had a slight stumble but I'm sure MandD can fix that. :idea:

WILDERTHANU
09-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Just sittin in the garage at the Quinn. Haven't driven Loo Lu in a month. I'm sure it will be just fine providing there's water. Had a slight stumble but I'm sure MandD can fix that. :idea:
Bitchen, is "D" gonna make it out???

MandDPerformance
09-01-2005, 04:09 PM
He will make a cameo on Saturday Morning to go to 6th.

MandDPerformance
09-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Are there any other full interior boats that are showing up to run on Saturday?
Our boat has 2 seats. Is that considered full? I guess somebody small can sit on the V-Drive. ;)

WILDERTHANU
09-01-2005, 04:12 PM
He will make a cameo on Saturday Morning to go to 6th.
Perfect.... that stumble will be gone.. thats for sure :). Be safe, and knock em dead!!

MandDPerformance
09-01-2005, 04:12 PM
O.K. :wink: :wink:

WILDERTHANU
09-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Are there any other full interior boats that are showing up to run on Saturday?
Ohh come on Randy, enough with the full seatting arangement bullshit!! Just run the thing!!! Im gonna call foul in our cruiser because I had a full ice chest and gas tanks in the thing next time.... :hammer2:

Bense468
09-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Ohh come on Randy, enough with the full seatting arangement bullshit!! Just run the thing!!! Im gonna call foul in our cruiser because I had a full ice chest and gas tanks in the thing next time.... :hammer2:
half a beer in your left hand, and half a boob in your right.
Is it time to make the ultra run 96mph? Cause I have a cresent wrench and zip ties.
I am glad this thread stayed serious. :squiggle:

MudPumper
09-01-2005, 08:02 PM
50/50 chance I'm going this weekend... If I have a place to stay (should know for sure tonight)
Don't be givin me this 50/50 crap Randy, you are going no matter what. Got it. :hammer2:

djdtpr
09-01-2005, 08:37 PM
I was leaving tonight but things got changed around a little so i will be leaving in the am and we are gonna be at Mayflower campground all weekend.We will be at the sandbar on all four days and saturday i am bringing a chair and a hugh ice chest to sit and watch the racing.Hopefully we can keep the traffic down to hardly none so we have good water all day.I think as long as you dont get a bunch of yahoos out doing 60 mph passes and showing there roosters all day we will be ok.Hope to see everyone there.I will be in a blue and white TPR stealth look me up and have a beer.

Raskal
09-01-2005, 09:44 PM
about what time sat morn? rollin out just to check out the action see you guys there.
i hope we are leaving early mornig .right your pullin my boat .
see you guys out there sat .hope to meet some new peeps and see some off these nice boats in person

Cs19
09-01-2005, 09:47 PM
So its on! Im stoked!!! Sat. morning is round 1 of qualifying. :D If the conditions are shitty, we can wait till dusk and go straight into eliminations. :D
There have been alot of non-internet people asking about this 6th Ave deal. You guys dont realize what you have already started, alot of people are talking about this, not just us. I have a feeling some serious hardware will be showing up. :D Sorry Bense but its too late, people already know about it. Remember its been gettin hyped since 4th of july and ALOT of people read these boards.Lets just go with it and see who shows.
Got a few voice mails today from some ***boat peeps, ill call you guys back tomorrow, Im burnt out..going to bed.
Mudpumper, im still planning on calling you back too. ;)
Wilderthanu, you going to finally show up and make some passes with us?

Cs19
09-01-2005, 09:55 PM
I think as long as you dont get a bunch of yahoos out doing 60 mph passes and showing there roosters all day we will be ok.
I agree with this, we dont need what we had at CBBB, if you wanna see some runs keep in mind the faster boats need good if not perfect water. Im not saying dont come out, just be considerate to others.If you see some guys suiting up,shut it off so they can get some clean water.
For those of you who are lurking out there and have a fast boat, bring it out. Its not far from the launch ramp at Mayflower to the sandbar where everyone will be, hoping to see some new faces out there.
Chris

Cs19
09-01-2005, 10:12 PM
This thread has 500 views so far, goes to show how many people are actually reading this. :2purples:
Its gonna go off

FuelInMyVeins82
09-01-2005, 10:21 PM
This is goin to be NUTZ I've got a strong hunch that there are goin to be an absurd number of boats out there. Lets have fun and party hard but try and be safe it be a serious buzz kill if some one got hurt. Watch out for each other and all that good stuff other than that its on like donkey kong :devil:

Bense468
09-01-2005, 10:23 PM
RUMOR HAS IT EDDIE HILL IS BRINGING THE TEXAN.
What are you sorry for. You wanted to promote. Lets see what the outcome is. Hopefully the cops don't show. Or did you invite them too?
Cause I saw elvis at a 1000 feet.

RCB19
09-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Sat Am for me see you all there.

FuelInMyVeins82
09-01-2005, 10:56 PM
What are you sorry for. You wanted to promote. Lets see what the outcome is. Hopefully the cops don't show. Or did you invite them too?
LOL maybe they wana race.

HBjet
09-02-2005, 01:38 AM
Just being funny... because when I started to think about all of the boats I know that are showing up, I'm going to be an outcast and maybe a few others because we don't have 2 fiberglass seats.... Come to think of it, it's actually not a bad idea because then you don't have to haul anyone around for the weekend... :D
HBjet

HBjet
09-02-2005, 01:40 AM
Don't be givin me this 50/50 crap Randy, you are going no matter what. Got it. :hammer2:
No Crap, it's actually 50/50... that call I gave you yesterday wasn't completely solid... so I should know Thursday or even the very latest Friday. If it's a no go, I might just come out for the day on Saturday and trailer back home for the rest of the weekend... then actually come out the following weekend or the last weekend of September to get in a river trip.... even if there is no one else there....
HBjet :supp:

MandDPerformance
09-02-2005, 06:23 AM
This thread has 500 views so far, goes to show how many people are actually reading this. :2purples:
Its gonna go off
Git R' Done!!!! :eek:

Cs19
09-02-2005, 07:22 AM
No Crap, it's actually 50/50... that call I gave you yesterday wasn't completely solid... so I should know Thursday or even the very latest Friday. If it's a no go, I might just come out for the day on Saturday and trailer back home for the rest of the weekend... then actually come out the following weekend or the last weekend of September to get in a river trip.... even if there is no one else there....
HBjet :supp:
Is this the same Randy I know? :confused:

Cs19
09-02-2005, 07:39 AM
Not promoting, just finishing what ya'll started 2 months ago.
Its only for one day, after that you can have your sandbar back.
Yea bense, I invited the cops,Eddie Hill and Elvis, hope you dont mind.

Dogballs
09-02-2005, 08:28 AM
CLASSIC! :argue:

Bense468
09-02-2005, 09:46 AM
Bring the machine, a duffel bag, some coke, and a few hundred dollar bills and we got ourselves a party.
Inside joke. See ya out there WJ. ;) :D

HBjet
09-02-2005, 10:23 AM
Is this the same Randy I know? :confused:
Sure is....
BTW, when are you going to call me back? :D
HBjet

RCB19
09-02-2005, 03:00 PM
Just being funny... because when I started to think about all of the boats I know that are showing up, I'm going to be an outcast and maybe a few others because we don't have 2 fiberglass seats....
HBjet
You wont be the only one Randy. I'll be haulin around an extra 100#s of interior too.

MudPumper
09-02-2005, 08:04 PM
RCB19, I dig your avatar. :D

RCB19
09-02-2005, 10:15 PM
RCB19, I dig your avatar. :D
Ya gotta love the juggies in the reflection. :sqeyes: Screw the Emblem!

Cs19
09-03-2005, 12:58 AM
Sure is....
BTW, when are you going to call me back? :D
HBjet
ill just see ya out there on Sat morning at 6th St. i heard tonight at the bar that there is some chick with a 19 performance that wants a piece of the lie detector on Sat. :boxed:
Tried to get get ahold of you, I got the "Im on the other line" BS. :squiggle:
See ya out there , look me up, ove got a few coldies with your name on them, gotta make up for lost time.

Bense468
09-03-2005, 01:05 AM
HA you beat me home focker. Just got back from BAR...LOL. Lets do this tomorrow.

Cs19
09-03-2005, 01:15 AM
Sound good Bense, ill call you once i get on the road.

Dogballs
09-03-2005, 03:41 AM
Well Boys, baack from the bar and I down the road, its going to be a long weekend. :D

TRG
09-03-2005, 06:27 AM
Just being funny... because when I started to think about all of the boats I know that are showing up, I'm going to be an outcast and maybe a few others because we don't have 2 fiberglass seats.... Come to think of it, it's actually not a bad idea because then you don't have to haul anyone around for the weekend... :D
HBjet
Dont worry Randall, i know a guy that knows a guy that knows a guys grandmother who has a cousin's brothers girlfriend whos older brothe can lay-up a set of seats for you?
Dont worry, it'll still be a river boat, and just think, you have more room for an even bigger cooler! :D
Todd