PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia Race Labor Day weekend! Has Jets

CircleJerk
08-31-2005, 10:16 PM
Despite expensive gas, we're headed for Ione Wa. just North of Cusick and an hour and a half drive North of Spokane. Here's the line up that will be qualifying Nascar style Saturday morning for three or four brackets.
(2) 1976 Lavey Crafts (Sweet Caroline and her cousin), 75 Hondo Sprint, 71 Hondo Runner, 75 Sanger Circle Bubble, 75 Sanger drag runner, 76 Barron Sprint, 83 Sanger circle, 75 Sanger gull (FIVE-O), 68 & 66 Aquacrafts, Howard runner (flatRat), 73 Hallet long deck, 72 Jones, 65 Wickens-Aqua, Renegade jet, Karolson 225, Mod five liter, and possibly a 62 Rayson Craft for a total of '19' Nostalgia Circle Boats!
Now, for the fun of it, add a former stock car veteran and flag throwing legend from Spokane positioned high up above the boats giving the Outlaws their flying start Nascar style. That's right NO clock just side by side racing on a short 5/8 to 3/4 mile circle for this event, possibly our last in Ione.
Yes, jets are welcome to run in the exhibition class and if one more shows up, we will run an exclusive jet class at this race!! Some driving safety gear is available on loan.
It all happens at the City Park in downtown Ione racing starts at 12:00 with time trials at 10:00. Three heats both days for all four classes....cost: $50.00 per boat! Spectator admission is FREE :D
One more news flash: there will be THREE Lady drivers!

FlatRat
09-01-2005, 02:17 AM
:lightsabe Rats will be there!
Got motor back together,had two broken rockers,mushed two pushrods,ate new cam,lifters and bent an exhaust valve.Looking forward to the weekend.I may have to mooch a suit,helmet from ya.Rats away

CircleJerk
09-02-2005, 06:27 AM
Ya Rat,,,,,sounds like you have been busier than I. I installed turn fins to stop the sliding, installed my Gordon Jennings USA1 seat next to the Charlie Marquark SS55 passenger one. We will be raffleing off rides in all kinds of stuff, so leave the extra seat in.... Now, Robin plans on driving, so I hope you can strip down real fast!! She will be in the slow class and NOT your competition, lucky you! I am sure there will be others to borrow also.
I am so glad you checked the valves, instead of developing the miss during your sprint. There is unsteady weather forecast for Sunday afternoon, so all attempts to run early will be made. I dont care, it's vacation from work! Looking forward to the Hibachie toe warmer! and of course new road lies! jErK

FlatRat
09-02-2005, 12:52 PM
Road lies :confused: ?Does this ever happen...ok it might happen every now and then.Talked my bro. into riding his bike over to help out and to meet all our good friends.He has an I.O. ...maybe he will see the light.What's best way to get there?Go through Newport?We leave Fri morn.,se ya's there :eat:
P.S. If you of anyone needing some killer clear 3/8" Doug Fir plywood,I have seven sheets I can load up some.