PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Consumpion Formula

dirty old man
09-01-2005, 07:41 AM
Do any of you younger guys want the formula to figure how much gas your boat uses per hour (or do you care?) With gas in my marina going over $4.00 and sure to hit $5.00 before next season, some of you may want to know. It doesn't matter to me, I budget $1,000 per week-end anyway to drive the TG

desertbird
09-01-2005, 07:55 AM
I don't need it. This kid's got the Mercury Smartcraft! ;)
I hear that for 2006 instead of Gallons per Hour you can select Dollars now! :( :sqeyes:

Excessive Force
09-01-2005, 07:58 AM
tell us!!!! im dying to know what i throw away!! :messedup:

voodoomedman
09-01-2005, 07:58 AM
Do any of you younger guys want the formula to figure how much gas your boat uses per hour (or do you care?) With gas in my marina going over $4.00 and sure to hit $5.00 before next season, some of you may want to know. It doesn't matter to me, I budget $1,000 per week-end anyway to drive the TG
It would just be interesting to know.

Jordy
09-01-2005, 07:59 AM
This kid's got the Mercury Smartcraft! ;)
I've got it too and it's depressing and I'm only feeding a pair of outboards. I just keep it on water pressure and enjoy being out on the water and celebrate the fact that I'm not feeding big blocks. ;) :D

Steamin' Rice
09-01-2005, 08:02 AM
I've got it too and it's depressing and I'm only feeding a pair of outboards. I just keep it on water pressure and enjoy being out on the water and celebrate the fact that I'm not feeding big blocks. ;) :D
Smartcraft on twin 525EFI's is great.... It makes it really easy calculate how much a lunch run is costing me... :yuk:

Not So Fast
09-01-2005, 08:35 AM
Well, what the hell is the formula already, I've always wondered about this :rollside: NSF

Excessive Force
09-01-2005, 08:39 AM
i think im ready for the formula too now

uvindex
09-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Do any of you younger guys want the formula to figure how much gas your boat uses per hour (or do you care?)How come only younger guys might need to know the formula? Does AARP mail you the formula when you turn 55? :)

dirty old man
09-01-2005, 09:33 AM
Rather Be - that was really funny, but almost true. Us oldies get this kind of stuff over the years, file it away, and give it out as necessary

uvindex
09-01-2005, 09:44 AM
Rather Be - that was really funny, but almost true. Us oldies get this kind of stuff over the years, file it away, and give it out as necessaryWe not-yet-retired guys just use Google. :) West Marine's site has a fuel consumption formula -- does it match yours?
Use this simple formula to determine how much fuel your engine can burn with a full load and running at full throttle. Gasoline engines: multiply your hp rating by 10%; diesels: multiply by 5.5%. For example, a 200 hp gas engine will burn up to 20 gph; a diesel engine should consume up to 11 gph. At cruise speed you can expect to burn one to two gph less than one-half your maximum consumption rate. This will help you determine the correct dial range for your installation.

Not So Fast
09-01-2005, 10:28 AM
So if I go X=y x 10% then Z+X divided by Q squared to the second power, Will that give me the info or should I just go fill the damn boat up now and start drinking :D :D :D NSF

atomickitn
09-01-2005, 10:31 AM
just go fill the damn boat up now and start drinking :D :D :D NSF[/QUOTE]
this is how we conserve fuel :idea:

purrfecttremor
09-01-2005, 10:32 AM
Holly crap i thought I was getting two mpg.Fill her up WHO CARES!!!! :idea:

atomickitn
09-01-2005, 10:38 AM
hears one that might keep the young idiots off the water ,,, if you cant afford the gas in your boat you cant afford to be on the water!!! :wink:

purrfecttremor
09-01-2005, 10:41 AM
hears one that might keep the young idiots off the water ,,, if you cant afford the gas in your boat you cant afford to be on the water!!! :wink:
Thats the best idea I've herd all day.

Not So Fast
09-01-2005, 11:02 AM
just go fill the damn boat up now and start drinking :D :D :D NSF
this is how we conserve fuel :idea:[/QUOTE]
Cool, see ya at the sandbar tomorrow (Thur), stop by for a cold one ;) NSF