PDA

View Full Version : Water temp Sender? Ideas? (Boater Bill?)

disco_charger
03-23-2003, 10:46 PM
OK kids, here's one for you. I just put Bassett TT's on the new ride. I had a little physics problem with the water temp sender. The sender is on the water journal on the head. The Bassett's ran into them (not the tubes, but the flat part that bolts to the head.) I can't run the sender off of the intake manifold (blower up there). Do they make senders that are like the allen head block offs that don't stick up much off of the head? I don't want to grind on them, cause I just know the chrome will peel. As for the suggestion to run it off of the big holes up front, I don't want to twist and tap those out unless I really have to. So come on kids, what's the secret? How is yours hooked up Boater Bill?
Disco

Havasu Hangin'
03-23-2003, 10:48 PM
How about an angled pipe fitting?

disco_charger
03-23-2003, 10:56 PM
It's an idea I hadn't thought of, and I'll look into it...

Havasu Hangin'
03-23-2003, 11:05 PM
I used it on my oil sender, and I had to use a reducer on my heads, so maybe an angled pipe fitting will squeeze it in on you engine.

Boater Bill
03-24-2003, 07:24 PM
Disco, my intake has three water ports, two on the front water crossover and one below the thermostat area. I have one hole plugged, use one for the sending unit, and one for outlet to the exh collectors. My set up is quite different than your new one.

kevnmcd
03-25-2003, 07:12 AM
I think you should just plug for now....you need to make sure that thing is clean and shinny for this weekend! :D

JEThro
03-25-2003, 11:45 AM
I would think that putting a "T" with the sender in it in one of the lines that exit the motor would work. Make sure that the "T" is grounded. Jethro

Thunderbutt
03-25-2003, 12:49 PM
I think your best reading will come from the ones on the block.