PDA

View Full Version : Whipple Info

Riverkid
09-01-2005, 05:39 PM
All,
I have an Aussie ski racer friend looking to Whipple his 502/MPI Cyclone. I have pasted some of his email received here today below. This was sent to the Whipple tech address. Any input any of you with direct Whipple experience would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
"I am in Australia and seriously considering fitting one of your whipple chargers to my 21Â’ Cyclone ski boat. It is a currently powered a by standard 502MPI Mercruiser with a Bravo I leg with 1:1.36 gearing, and IMCO HP exhaust manifolds and headers, the motor has around 450 hours on it.
If I purchase one of your kits is there anything else I need to do to the motor or leg such as fuel pumps or similar.
Could you assist in transporting the kit to Australia."

NOCTURNAL
09-01-2005, 08:00 PM
We did a Whipple kit on a 454 mag roughly two years ago. The kit is complete. The only issue you may have is with re-programming the ECU for proper fuel curves. Most of the time they would prefer to do it while driving the boat, but in your case, it would have to be sent to Whipple to get a guestimate fuel curve and then sent to your friend to test.
The only other problem at Whipple right now is a severe lack of parts. They got the shaft from their compressor supplier and are currently working on sourcing/designing a new version of compressor. (Search for a previous thread for actual details)
If you have any other questions about the install let me know.

Boozer
09-01-2005, 08:04 PM
All,
I have an Aussie ski racer friend looking to Whipple his 502/MPI Cyclone. I have pasted some of his email received here today below. This was sent to the Whipple tech address. Any input any of you with direct Whipple experience would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
"I am in Australia and seriously considering fitting one of your whipple chargers to my 21Â’ Cyclone ski boat. It is a currently powered a by standard 502MPI Mercruiser with a Bravo I leg with 1:1.36 gearing, and IMCO HP exhaust manifolds and headers, the motor has around 450 hours on it.
If I purchase one of your kits is there anything else I need to do to the motor or leg such as fuel pumps or similar.
Could you assist in transporting the kit to Australia."
Is this your friend or a nigerian ID farmer? :idea:

Riverkid
09-01-2005, 08:26 PM
I was waiting for that one. AUS has a huge import tariff, so he's hoping I can ship it to him to try and avoid this. Otherwise, with the dollar exchange rate and import duties, this thing will be like $11k.
You're in rare form tonight Danny... :D