PDA

View Full Version : Clothes for kids in the aftermath

Cas
09-01-2005, 08:38 PM
I know it's constantly on the news that they don't want clothes but I keep seeing all these men, women and children with nothing. We cleaned out all our closets this weekend and we have 5 big garbage bags filled with clothes we were going to bring to Good Will. I would much rather give it to a family that is in need instead of to a company that will be profitting from it.
If any of you have any friends and/or family that was in the disaster zone and you have contact with them in some way, please let us know.
All of the clothes are in excellent condition, some even have tags on them.

Squirtin Thunder
09-01-2005, 11:18 PM
Interesting !!!

HighRoller
09-01-2005, 11:21 PM
Red Cross doesn't want clothing. Imagine that. Cash only. $5 minimum. I guess beggers CAN be choosers.

Squirtin Thunder
09-02-2005, 09:12 AM
Well I know that the People down in the Gulf would be thankfull for anything right now.

JOHNNYBEGOOD
09-02-2005, 09:26 AM
The reason they do not want clothes is because of the high cost of the logistics in getting them to the Golf Coast.
Not only thinking about high cost of fuel but you have to think about the people need to make it happen. Then there is the storage of these items, and the distrubition of all the items.
Cash is easier and cheaper to get these people the help they need.

Cas
09-02-2005, 09:47 AM
I've made 12 calls this morning wanting to donate these items and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to send them. If I knew of a specific family in need, I'd love to find out where I could send this stuff.
If any of you have family or friends that were displaced, please let me know and I'll send this off to them.
Most of the clothes are sizes-
boys- 12-16
girls- 12-16
men's- XL shirts, pants-34x32, 36x32
women's- 10-12
I have yet to get through to the Salvation Army as their phones have been busy all day...so far.