PDA

View Full Version : 3 days of no power

olbiezer
09-01-2005, 09:40 PM
wow electricity and air conditioning has to be the best invention of the world.....3 days without a/c makes u kinda crazy........katrina knocked out the power here and just got back on.......neighbor has 2 big pine trees through his house.....wind only got up to about 90 here and its nuts.....cell phone dont work always over loaded circuits......nooooo gas at all..........gulfport a nice little coast town is gone!!!! as a air traffic controller in jackson i see the relief effort coming together but oh sooooo slowly......two controllers from gulfport tower missing houses destroyed completly......going to pick up some generators from dallas and monroe la controllers tomorrow for the guys here that have no power still......harecanes suck guys!!!!!! we reallly didnt get it bad here thanks god.........its a mess on the coast and new orleans.....take it easy i will keep ya informed if u want but dont know when i can get back on net again.....later

dmontzsta
09-01-2005, 09:48 PM
Its good to hear from you. I just started noticing how big Katrina really was. Been thinking about it most of the day. I pray that the toll is not as high as they are estimating. I also pray that there will be a speedy recovery. We all know how great the USA is and I am sure we will all be pulling together.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-02-2005, 07:27 AM
Do you live near Hattiesburg?

beaverfab
09-02-2005, 07:38 AM
I am sorry did not think about it affecting you, let me know if I can help. You know I am close to dasllas. j.j.

Mrs Luvnlife
09-02-2005, 08:21 AM
wow electricity and air conditioning has to be the best invention of the world.....3 days without a/c makes u kinda crazy........katrina knocked out the power here and just got back on.......neighbor has 2 big pine trees through his house.....wind only got up to about 90 here and its nuts.....cell phone dont work always over loaded circuits......nooooo gas at all..........gulfport a nice little coast town is gone!!!! as a air traffic controller in jackson i see the relief effort coming together but oh sooooo slowly......two controllers from gulfport tower missing houses destroyed completly......going to pick up some generators from dallas and monroe la controllers tomorrow for the guys here that have no power still......harecanes suck guys!!!!!! we reallly didnt get it bad here thanks god.........its a mess on the coast and new orleans.....take it easy i will keep ya informed if u want but dont know when i can get back on net again.....later
Just goes to show how much we take for granted and don't realize how good we really do have it......No A/C in the heat & humidity :jawdrop: , no power, no gas, no cell phone, etc. etc. etc - all the things we rely on on a daily basis!!!! It's so sad to see and hear of everything that has happened down there! Glad to hear you are okay, very unfortunate for many others. Must be very nice to have power again! Thinking of everyone out your way! :frown:

Snowboat
09-02-2005, 08:32 AM
I've wondered how you are doing. I've got two sisters and a mother in law that live in Mobile. They have no power and are busy cleaning up the mess. At least their houses are standing. Hard to imagine the misery down there, especially in the coatal, used to be, towns.
Don't forget to budget for seats. Eventually you'll scare yourself.

olbiezer
09-02-2005, 11:05 AM
ive got it good now just no gas to get to work......thanks everyone for the well wishes but jackson is doint pretty good its gulfport and south of here that has no power still....and of course still no power in half of jackson either.
jerry i am 70 miles north of hbg....u got some people there? they got it pretty bad but its mostly wind damage there not storm water like the coast.....let me know if i can be of any help to ya later

BA Kurtis
09-02-2005, 06:52 PM
Olbiezer we will be prayin for you here in So. Cal., take care bro.

olbiezer
09-02-2005, 08:04 PM
thanks ba kurtis but we are ok in jackson now that the power is back on at alot of places its the people in gulfport and N O that really need your prayers bro.......hows the search going now a days any closer to paydirt? take care

steelcomp
09-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Oldbiezer...glad to hear you're OK. That was a rough one. I don't know if it's as bad as the media is describing, but from what I saw and can see on the news, things are flat out of control in NO. Looks and sounds like nothing anyone could imagine. I heard it described today as like trying to explain colors to a blind man...unless you were to see it, there's no way to describe it. I've sent my donations, but still feel helpless here in CA with so much need there. Good luck...God bless.

BILLY.B
09-03-2005, 01:13 AM
Glad you and your family are ok. I'm watching CNN right now and it's amazing the devastation. If you didn't know better you'd swear it was happening in another country.

Rexone
09-03-2005, 01:30 AM
olbiezer glad you are ok, that is some mean stuff.
Here's a link to a local station with video of the destruction in MS that you won't see probably on CNN. (http://www.wlbt.com/) . Some very sad scenes here.

BA Kurtis
09-03-2005, 05:11 AM
thanks ba kurtis but we are ok in jackson now that the power is back on at alot of places its the people in gulfport and N O that really need your prayers bro.......hows the search going now a days any closer to paydirt? take care
Glad to here all is well were your at, the situation in N O and gulfport is unreal. I am still lookin and got alot of help out there looking to, I think were getting close to finding somthing. I keep you posted.

olbiezer
09-03-2005, 06:21 AM
mike that helo pilot is coit bailey the local tv helo and trafic patroll here....hes a good guy and knew his way around g port and biloxi........he really described that seen pretty well after all he was also flying the chopper at the same time lol......i just spent the night in line at a gas station sence midnight last night....its a real experence to get gas here any more.......saw a woman punch a cop at the station and got cufed and put in back of the cop car.......she whent nuts and started kicking the windows out.......a real nut case or she may have just poped dont know which later got to get to bed