PDA

View Full Version : WTF ??? Damn Idiots in N.O. !!

Liberator TJ1984
09-02-2005, 05:49 AM
Superdome evacuation halted after shots fired at helicopter
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The evacuation of the Superdome was suspended Thursday after shots were reported fired at a military helicopter and arson fires broke out outside the arena. No immediate injuries were reported.
The scene at the Superdome became increasingly chaotic, with thousands of people rushing from nearby hotels and other buildings, hoping to climb onto the buses taking evacuees from the arena, officials said. Paramedics became alarmed by the sight of people with guns.
Richard Zeuschlag, chief of the ambulance service that was handling the evacuation of sick and injured people from the Superdome, said it was suspending operations "until they gain control of the Superdome."
He said shots were fired at a military helicopter over the Superdome before daybreak.
He said the National Guard told him that it was sending 100 military police officers to restore order.
"That's not enough," Zeuschlag said. "We need a thousand."
Lt. Col. Pete Schneider of the Louisiana National Guard said the military — which was handling the evacuation of the able-bodied from the Superdome — had suspended operations, too, because fires set outside the arena were preventing buses from getting close enough to pick up people.
He said tens thousands of people started rushing out of other buildings when they saw buses pulling up and hoped to get on. But the immediate focus was on evacuating people from the Superdome, and the other refugees were left to mill around.
Zeuschlag said paramedics were calling him and crying for help because they were so scared of people with guns at the Superdome. He also said that during the night, when a medical evacuation helicopter tried to land at a hospital in the outlying town of Kenner, the pilot reported 100 people were on the landing pad, some with guns.
"He was frightened and would not land," Zeuschlag.
More National Guard troops in armored vehicles began pouring into the flood area Thursday.
About 10,000 National Guard troops from around the country were ordered to shore up security, rescue and relief operations along the hurricane-battered Gulf Coast.
"The truth is, a terrible tragedy like this brings out the best in most people, brings out the worst in some people," said Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour on NBC's Today show. "We're trying to deal with looters as ruthlessly as we can get our hands on them."
Send a few Well ARMED Texans over there !!! We Hate Snakes !!! :mad:

Freak
09-02-2005, 05:58 AM
The thin veneer of socialibility tends to rub off pretty easily, eh? Are gangs trying to take over the city?

rivergoer
09-02-2005, 06:01 AM
damn i think this is another police action that the marines are going to have to handle!! the national gaurd and army couldnt keep order in iraq or the la riots so they had to call in the marines, and there werent even half as many marines and we took that shiat into control!!! so just hold on let us put iraq on pause and we will be right over..hahahahah :D :D :D
happieness is a pr44 assault batton and a belt fed weapon :D :2purples:

Vada
09-02-2005, 06:28 AM
This is just so sad

Riverkid
09-02-2005, 06:38 AM
Sounds like any looters found roaming with a weapon need to join the list of victims. What possible purpose could preventing the safe evacuation of those affected by this tragedy serve? If they are that stupid to pull this chit, It's time for Darwinism to take over I'm afraid.

PHX ATC
09-02-2005, 06:43 AM
Just shoot one dead, leave him/her in the streets for everybody to see and I guarantee that shit'll stop.
But of course, we poo poo the poor people who DIDN"T LEAVE when they were suppossed to.
Then my daughter asks why are those people breaking into stores and stealing stuff dad? So I launch into this diatribe about the hurricane, destruction, and how they are in a lurch. After 5 minutes of being p.c., I just said that they are stupid people without a brain who didn't listen, don't have past a 2nd grade education, are dumber than a box of rocks, and deserve everything that they have sitting in front of them now...NOTHING!!!!
I have no sympathy for those who are "left" in the flooded places. The folks who left and have (or will) return to find nothing left where their belongings used to be, now those are the people that my heart goes out to.
Is is just me and my family, or is there a common thread with all the news pictures and stories about the looting, shooting, and morons in NO?

BBTAHITI
09-02-2005, 06:44 AM
Are gangs trying to take over the city?
Don't know NO too well, huh? It's been crooked for years......

HocusPocus
09-02-2005, 06:53 AM
Just shoot one dead, leave him/her in the streets for everybody to see and I guarantee that shit'll stop.
But of course, we poo poo the poor people who DIDN"T LEAVE when they were suppossed to.
Then my daughter asks why are those people breaking into stores and stealing stuff dad? So I launch into this diatribe about the hurricane, destruction, and how they are in a lurch. After 5 minutes of being p.c., I just said that they are stupid people without a brain who didn't listen, don't have past a 2nd grade education, are dumber than a box of rocks, and deserve everything that they have sitting in front of them now...NOTHING!!!!
I have no sympathy for those who are "left" in the flooded places. The folks who left and have (or will) return to find nothing left where their belongings used to be, now those are the people that my heart goes out to.
Is is just me and my family, or is there a common thread with all the news pictures and stories about the looting, shooting, and morons in NO?
no sympathy for those left in the flooded places?? Stupid people without a brain??? most had no money, no transportation and no place else to go. New Orleans is a place of rich and poor, there isn't much of a middle class. not eveyone left there is a looter and even some of those doing the looting are just trying to survive.

steve d
09-02-2005, 07:00 AM
no sympathy for those left in the flooded places?? Stupid people without a brain??? most had no money, no transportation and no place else to go. New Orleans is a place of rich and poor, there isn't much of a middle class. not eveyone left there is a looter and even some of those doing the looting are just trying to survive.
SURVIVE?............WTF are they going to do with a television set?

PHX ATC
09-02-2005, 07:06 AM
Yup.
If they had left the city, let's see, I maybe wrong, but the Red Cross, Salvation Army, church groups, etc would have places set up to stay, eat, and survive while waiting out the storm.
What about "evacuate" didn't they understand? I know that some poor people might not have cars or be able to get out of the city. Family members, churches, Red Cross, SA, something would be able to help them get out of the city. Maybe the entire blame isn't on the people that couldn't get out, maybe the govt officials should've helped out more, I don't know, I'm not there so couldn't tell you.
What I'm saying is for the morons that had a way out of the city, decided to tough it out and stay and are now homeless, destitute and in a world of hurt are the stupid ones. If they had a way out of the city, then get the hell out! If they can't physically get out of the city, then they shouldn't physically be able to go looting and shooting and destroying their city after the hurricane passes. I find it incredibly hard to believe that all those people banging through store fronts couldn't leave the city. They've got enough time, energy, and wherewithall to loot stores. Survival, sure...but 12 pairs of Nike's, rolling racks of shirts, c'mon, that's ridiculous. I've heard reports (taken with a grain of salt) that grocery stores are giving away food/water as it will spoil. That's a good idea for consumable products.
I've been through hurricanes, 3 to be exact, and evacuated once while I lived in Pensacola. The authorities said to evacuate...we left. We even took our neighbor across the cul-de-sac who wasn't able to drive after surgery and had no family close. We left like we were suppossed to in the face of possible danger.
I guess if those who were able to leave, yet didn't and chose to ignore the warnings, are now worse off than if they'd moved 100 miles away, I have no heartburn with their situation.

PHX ATC
09-02-2005, 07:09 AM
I understand what you're trying to say, in your not so elegant way. New Orleans proper is around 75% black. What would you expect to see, Albanians?
Uh, in your not so elegant way, you've missed the mark on interpretting my sentence. All the news stories here that we've seen on TV (again, I can't believe it all) have been teenagers and younger folks doing the damage. So, it's the younger generation/age group that I was referring to.
Thank you for your help though, I guess I should have clarified it exactly without allowing for dramatics.
Peace, out.

PHX ATC
09-02-2005, 07:15 AM
There you go. Stop leaving your posts open for interpretation. I'm not sure what the age demographic breakdown is in NO, but I'll get that info and get back to you. ;)
I'm taking my ball and going home. WAH. :cry: :D :D
I bet they'll be some cheap vacations for Mardi Gras next year...anybody in? A HB trip to NO? :D :D

2Driver
09-02-2005, 07:23 AM
If the media keeps focusing on the living human scum down there I think it could effect the nations desire to donate.
There are lots of decent people that have nowhere to go (evacuation or not) that need help big time. BTW: are there any women there under 300Lbs with less than 4 kids? :notam:

Jordy
09-02-2005, 07:24 AM
BTW: are there any women there under 300Lbs with less than 4 kids? :notam:
I think they all evacuated. Then again, they could have been tourists too. :D

cdog
09-02-2005, 07:43 AM
I could'nt agree more. My wife said to me last night that she feels guilty going to the river this weekend while that is going on in NO. I kinda got pissed and said they're f'in retards if they stayed behind. Mabey 5% did'nt have the means to get out of town. They made another stupid decision in life to not listen to the MAN, just like they made many stupid decisions prior in their lifes to end up the way they have. I have no pity for those who won't lift a finger to better themselfs. My heart and donations go out to those who lost their homes and family and to those who have to realize that sometimes shit happens. Also... Did you notice on the news when one of the reporters was handing out care packages and supplies how not one of the people I saw gave even a thank you gesture. That kind of stuff makes me sick.

Debbolas
09-02-2005, 08:11 AM
CNN just said that rescue operations have been halted for the safty of the rescuers.......... :eek:

PHX ATC
09-02-2005, 08:14 AM
My momma always said, "don't bite the hand that feeds you."
Maybe they missed that lectrue from their mom.
I was a baaaaaaad kid. :cool:

Cole Trickle
09-02-2005, 08:19 AM
I have very mixed emotions about the whole ordeal.
I was listening to 100.3 "The Beat" this morning and they were taking cals from people and asking if they thought it was ok to loot or take stufffrom stores.
I would say that easily 80% of the callers had the hell yeah get what you can attitude but the other 20% brought up some decent points.
If I was for some reason stuck in the city under 8ft of water and everything I had was ruined then there is a good chance I would do whatever I had too in order to feed and cloth my family.I might have grabbed a couble blow up matteress's to make a raft.I however would not have taken anything more than what I needed (Water,food,blankets,etc...)
The radio station was arguing that they though it was ok for these guys to break into Wallmart and gun shows for weapons to be used for protection.This really blew me away!! They made arguments that there was gators and snakes/other animals from the local Zoo's swimming around.I don't know about you but I tend to think that an untrined person with a .45 caliber hand gun is going to have one hell of a time shooting a snake swimming through the water. :idea: the fact that these people have guns and are walking through the city freely scares the crap out of me.There are reasons why police officers have to take psych evaluations before they are issued guns.
Sadly like stated above 75% of the population in N.O. is way way below poverty level and they are seeing this as a way to get ahead in life.How many of these people actually lost property and tangible assets? I would guess that alot of them are renters and will be placed in another private or goverment sponsored location.I may be wrong but if all I had was the clothes on my back and the shoes on my feet it wouldn't be that hard to get the hell out of town and start fresh elsewhere.
I feel terrible for the people that lost property,loved ones,etc...I would do everything in my power to help out the women,children and elderly but have absolutely no remorse for the strong/healthy 15-30yo men that you are seeing on the news walk out of stores with a TV's,Stereo's,Computer,15 pairs of designer jeans,etc...
It's really sad in so many ways!!!

rvrtoy
09-02-2005, 08:39 AM
I have very mixed emotions about the whole ordeal.
I was listening to 100.3 "The Beat" this morning and they were taking cals from people and asking if they thought it was ok to loot or take stufffrom stores.
I would say that easily 80% of the callers had the hell yeah get what you can attitude but the other 20% brought up some decent points.
If I was for some reason stuck in the city under 8ft of water and everything I had was ruined then there is a good chance I would do whatever I had too in order to feed and cloth my family.I might have grabbed a couble blow up matteress's to make a raft.I however would not have taken anything more than what I needed (Water,food,blankets,etc...)
The radio station was arguing that they though it was ok for these guys to break into Wallmart and gun shows for weapons to be used for protection.This really blew me away!! They made arguments that there was gators and snakes/other animals from the local Zoo's swimming around.I don't know about you but I tend to think that an untrined person with a .45 caliber hand gun is going to have one hell of a time shooting a snake swimming through the water. :idea: the fact that these people have guns and are walking through the city freely scares the crap out of me.There are reasons why police officers have to take psych evaluations before they are issued guns.
Sadly like stated above 75% of the population in N.O. is way way below poverty level and they are seeing this as a way to get ahead in life.How many of these people actually lost property and tangible assets? I would guess that alot of them are renters and will be placed in another private or goverment sponsored location.I may be wrong but if all I had was the clothes on my back and the shoes on my feet it wouldn't be that hard to get the hell out of town and start fresh elsewhere.
I feel terrible for the people that lost property,loved ones,etc...I would do everything in my power to help out the women,children and elderly but have absolutely no remorse for the strong/healthy 15-30yo men that you are seeing on the news walk out of stores with a TV's,Stereo's,Computer,15 pairs of designer jeans,etc...
It's really sad in so many ways!!!
Very well put!!!