PDA

View Full Version : Any HB members MIA due to Katrina?

Drift
09-02-2005, 08:26 AM
I've been checking other boating websites, most have a list of members who are missing and who's been accounted for. Me, being a boater with a 7mo. old, I have not been particiapating as much as I would like to both at the river and on this site. So... I do not know any members personally, but I have been growing concerned about wether any members may be missing. The only person I know of from here would be Hoss. To my knowledge he's still MIA... any others? :confused:

LAFD
09-02-2005, 08:28 AM
hoss. havent heard from him in awhile.

Miss Perfect
09-02-2005, 08:39 AM
Hoss is still MIA. :frown: The last anyone heard from him was 2:30 am monday morning on theinsideline. I think he could use all of our prayers right now.

dmontzsta
09-02-2005, 08:40 AM
yeah, we are definately praying for Hoss and his family. I am waiting for him to show up on here anyday now.

topless
09-02-2005, 08:43 AM
I have been worried about him too. Does anyone know his real name because there is a website that you can go check to make sure people are alright. I know they have no electricity and the entire city of New Orleans is being evacuated. He and his family are and have been in my prayers.

Miss Perfect
09-02-2005, 08:44 AM
I have been worried about him too. Does anyone know his real name because there is a website that you can go check to make sure people are alright. I know they have no electricity and the entire city of New Orleans is being evacuated. He and his family are and have been in my prayers.
There is someone on ISL that is all over it. He has been trying to get in touch with Hoss's family.

superdave013
09-02-2005, 08:46 AM
J. Roos aka jroos of the old days

Mrs.Racer277
09-02-2005, 08:47 AM
Last we heard he and his father in law were staying in the house. He had moved his child and wife to TX I believe. There are a few guys from the inside line trying to track him down. I will keep you posted if I hear anything.

RP1
09-02-2005, 08:49 AM
His name is James Roos...

Drift
09-02-2005, 08:56 AM
It makes me sick to my stomach.... If I didn't have so many obligations both family & financially, I'd be hauling my boat overthere to help haul those poor souls out of there. :cry:

topless
09-02-2005, 08:58 AM
His name is James Roos...I checked the cnn website but he's not on the safe list. I don't think many people have access to it at this point.Safe list (http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2005/hurricanes/list/index.html)

Drift
09-02-2005, 09:19 AM
I just posted on offshoreonly forum to see if anyone knows of him or has heard from him. Is he the only one from here or are there others?

Drift
09-02-2005, 09:31 AM
The great guys over at offshoreonly.com have put him on a list. This is a great time for all of us "boating" family to pull together and help eachother out. Even if it is just by passing along communications. :wink:
Here's a link to the offshoreonly list: http://www.talkoffshore.com/KatrinaVictims.htm