PDA

View Full Version : Hoss facts.

Biglue
09-02-2005, 09:41 AM
Hey guys we're trying to reach Hoss over on the Insideline.net since we believe he was one of the hardest hit by Hurricane Katrina. I know Hoss has been on this forum the longest and many of you may have had some contact with him other than posting on here. IF you wish to help us out by letting us know things like
-Family names or locations.
-cell numbers etc.
Please be discreet with sensitive info. If you wish to pm me please do so. There is only a few of us who already have his home adress and phone numbers. Which are more than likely useless at this point.
Thanks in advance guys.
Louie.

Parker Dreamin
09-02-2005, 09:46 AM
I hope everything is okay with HOSS.......

Biglue
09-02-2005, 09:47 AM
Yeah we're wishing the same. It's getting kinda hairy because we know he decided to stay home with his fathre in law. I hope he made it out ok.

bunny 166
09-02-2005, 09:48 AM
God Bless....I hope he's safe... :frown: :clover:

Man-de-lone
09-02-2005, 10:02 AM
He's probably in his boat.... :hammer2:
Where's that picture of him going down the Berryesa Glory hole???

HCS
09-02-2005, 10:08 AM
He's probably in his boat.... :hammer2:
Where's that picture of him going down the Berryesa Glory hole???
Lets hope so. That would have been his best bet if he didn't get the hell out off there.
If you have his address. Just curious what town does/did he live in?

Biglue
09-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Lets hope so. That would have been his best bet if he didn't get the hell out off there.
If you have his address. Just curious what town does/did he live in?
Yes we have his address.
He lives in Metairie

riverroyal
09-02-2005, 10:11 AM
please let us know,,,

Biglue
09-02-2005, 10:18 AM
please let us know,,,
Will do buddy.

ROZ
09-02-2005, 10:19 AM
That area was hit really hard with flood waters.... Do you have his first and last name? Maybe we can search to see if he has reported in to any shelters...
Hopefully HOSS got the family out of there... :clover:

Water Romper
JUST a FYI…
Our company has several branches in New Orleans and in Mobil, Alabama. We received word via e-mail from the branch managers that the warehouses are OK and have some damage but not to bad.
We have about 50 employees in and about the area and they all are OK however their homes have sustained some damage.
So there is hope for folks who live in these devastated areas. The worst part of all this is the “unknown” Most likely, Hoss and other peeps are ok, they just have no method of communication.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
I thought he was heard from late monday night and that he lost his house but is ok. I could be wrong. :confused: There is no electricity there so computer hook-up could be difficult.
Hopefully he is ok. :squiggle:

riverroyal
09-02-2005, 10:21 AM
lets hope he is fine and busy helping family and neighbors,this place really should be the last thing on his mind,wouldnt surprise me if he doesnt even turn a computer on for month

ROZ
09-02-2005, 10:23 AM
he is fine and busy helping family and neighbors,this
You're probably right... He prolly got the boat afloat and took strandeds to higher ground ...

WYRD
09-02-2005, 10:25 AM
Hoss we are praying for you and your family

spectras only
09-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Do you have his first and last name? Maybe we can search to see if he has reported in to any shelters...
Hopefully HOSS got the family out of there... :clover:
Hoss' username used to be Jroos . First name is James for sure .
Haven't seen crf311 posting either . He was getting out early .

topless
09-02-2005, 10:29 AM
Hoss' username used to be Jroos . First name is James for sure .James Roos to be exact. Here is a safe list from CNN....He's not on it.
safe list (http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2005/hurricanes/list/index.html)

Sleek-Jet
09-02-2005, 10:31 AM
crf311 has posted a couple updates down in Just Jets... he's in Texas now I believe.
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1517055#post1517055

Debbolas
09-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Our prayers and hopes for Hoss's (soupcan's) safety ;)

superdave013
09-02-2005, 10:33 AM
His last name is Roos so there you go.
Even though back in the day he gave me tons of shit I'm still wishin the best for my ol' BRF pal!
When someone hears something please post the info.

Drift
09-02-2005, 10:44 AM
River Royal.... are you saying that you know that he is safe, and he is helping his family?

riverroyal
09-02-2005, 10:45 AM
im not saying that,,im hoping for that!!!

topless
09-02-2005, 10:50 AM
im not saying that,,im hoping for that!!!Drift asked you that because you always post your first sentence in the title line and not everyone reads that part. Make your whole post in th BIG box and we'll all understand. :)

riverroyal
09-02-2005, 10:52 AM
;)

ROZ
09-02-2005, 11:16 AM
I did a search on all the websited listed Here (http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9144525/) but haven't found any Roos... Found some Roose, though...

topless
09-02-2005, 11:17 AM
Looks like more HB members were affected by the hurricane too. Still praying for all of them. hurricane victims (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90416&page=1&pp=25)

Biglue
09-03-2005, 07:47 AM
Bump.

Tom Brown
09-03-2005, 07:53 AM
I called his cell number a few times last night but it just went dead. There is likely a problem with cell service in his area or it would have told me he is unavailable.

Mrs.Racer277
09-03-2005, 07:55 AM
I called his cell number a few times last night but it just went dead. There is likely a problem with cell service in his area or it would have told me he is unavailable.
Thanks for trying Tom. BTW where the heck is Hooli??? :frown:

Tom Brown
09-03-2005, 07:57 AM
Thanks for trying Tom. BTW where the heck is Hooli??? :frown:
He's laying face down in a drainage ditch sleeping off about 40 ozs of Jack Daniels.

Mrs.Racer277
09-03-2005, 08:10 AM
He's laying face down in a drainage ditch sleeping off about 40 ozs of Jack Daniels.
LOL! Get him up. I need someone to kick around. This quiting is getting to me. :wink: :wink:

RP1
09-03-2005, 08:25 AM
Same problem I had with the number last night.

Tom Brown
09-03-2005, 08:54 AM
Same problem I had with the number last night.
It's been doing that for a couple of days. I'll stay on it.

Just Tool'n
09-04-2005, 05:28 AM
Any update yet?

RiverOtter
09-04-2005, 05:29 AM
He bought a generator. He's probably ok :smile:

MagicMtnDan
09-04-2005, 05:31 AM
We all feel like we know Hoss, especially after we saw more of him than we usually see (or care to see) :D
I'm hoping he and his family are just fine

ss19crew
09-04-2005, 05:52 AM
We all feel like we know Hoss, especially after we saw more of him than we usually see (or care to see) :D
Bump...

Biglue
09-04-2005, 08:43 AM
Thanks Tom. Please let us know if you get through to him.

HCS
09-04-2005, 09:17 AM
I here ya there. I happen to be online that night. :yuk: I hope him and his junk is doing fine. :sqeyes:

crf311
09-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Just wanted to post here. Everyone is OK. thanks for all the support. I don't know ross. If he was from metairie. he maybe ok. They got some water but I don't think it was too high.
I got some good news in that my house was not destroyed by a tornado. It's still standing so I have something to work from. I know we had around 8-10ft. of water hopefully it did't reach the 2nd floor. When you see the path of the storm the eye went over our house.
Once again Thanks all.
Robert Jensen

HCS
09-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Just wanted to post here. Everyone is OK. thanks for all the support. I don't know ross. If he was from metairie. he maybe ok. They got some water but I don't think it was too high.
I got some good news in that my house was not destroyed by a tornado. It's still standing so I have something to work from. I know we had around 8-10ft. of water hopefully it did't reach the 2nd floor. When you see the path of the storm the eye went over our house.
Once again Thanks all.
Robert Jensen
Remarkable your house is still intact. Wish you well with your recovery process.

Debbolas
09-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Glad you are alright :D
Do we know if Hoss is ok yet? :frown:

Biglue
09-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Once again Thanks all.
Robert Jensen
We believe he was from Metairie. That is good news. I'm sorry to hear about your house. I wish you the best of luck man.
Louie.

Biglue
09-04-2005, 11:49 AM
CRF311.
Please check your pm's

Mrs.Racer277
09-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Once again Thanks all.
Robert Jensen
Glad to hear you are OK. Thank you for keeping us posted.
Hoss is still in my thoughts and prayers.

Rexone
09-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Once again Thanks all.
Robert Jensen
Robert great news about your house (relative to being gone).
My prayers are with you Hoss. Hopefully you just have no power to post and no phone that works.

crf311
09-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Here is a pic of my neighborhood from katrina. My house is circled in red. the other is my sisters. The oil refinery is murphy oil. they produce 1% of the fuel in the US. Mobilis up the hwy about 3 miles. I believe they produce about 3% of the fuel.. Louisiana in whole has 25% of the US fuel consumtion pass thru the state.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=85582&size=big&password=&sort=7&thecat=500
Can't get it to load.

Tom Brown
09-04-2005, 02:32 PM
"All circuits are busy now."
Best wishes, crf311.

HCS
09-04-2005, 02:37 PM
"All circuits are busy now."
Best wishes, crf311.
I would imagin it will be that way for a while as they get things back up and running.

Debbolas
09-04-2005, 03:07 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2478Jumonville-JudyDrMurphyOil_bmp-med.jpg

RP1
09-04-2005, 04:27 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2478Jumonville-JudyDrMurphyOil_bmp-med.jpg
Please change your avatar back... it's killing me. :D

Debbolas
09-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Ya don't like my turtle?
Angie Baby stole my avitar :clover:
So I stole her's ;)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-04-2005, 05:32 PM
tit for tat
hee hee I said "tit"
LOL

Man-de-lone
09-04-2005, 05:33 PM
The world's gone wacky. Just wacky. :squiggle:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-04-2005, 05:59 PM
The world's gone wacky. Just wacky. :squiggle:
You are just as bad, "MAN-DE-LONE"
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_4_122v.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZSYYYYYYYYUS')

Debbolas
09-04-2005, 07:11 PM
hee hee she said tat :D

Kim Hanson
09-04-2005, 07:18 PM
Hey guys we're trying to reach Hoss over on the Insideline.net since we believe he was one of the hardest hit by Hurricane Katrina. I know Hoss has been on this forum the longest and many of you may have had some contact with him other than posting on here. IF you wish to help us out by letting us know things like
-Family names or locations.
-cell numbers etc.
Please be discreet with sensitive info. If you wish to pm me please do so. There is only a few of us who already have his home adress and phone numbers. Which are more than likely useless at this point.
Thanks in advance guys.
Louie.
I didn't know Hoss is a good internet friend that I help out abit, I will send him an e-mail and see what comes back...........( . )( . ).......... :( :(

Mohave Vice
09-04-2005, 08:14 PM
Once again Thanks all.
Robert Jensen
Wishing ALL YHE BEST to you and your familY!

Man-de-lone
09-05-2005, 06:22 AM
Zabasearch came up with this....
Hoss
Born: In the 60's
Address: Top Secret
METAIRIE, LA
(504) xxx-xxxx
(504) xxx-xxxx
Edited to make Tom Happy.... :notam:
His house would be right in the middle...heard it was pretty hard hit there.
http://image.maps.yahoo.com/mapimage?MAPData=8WEnSfhyzy2lRjUqYftmfds.vc_S4Yy1w fKurNkowxBghRuLjkTvJx03tksZ1VSGlr_zxY_8RyXKg2CM_WU YX.z_UbKvkNx_zAvUzTy8rdTWC3M-
http://www.terraserver.com/imagery/image_gx.asp?cpx=-90.15280100000159&cpy=29.986392340618415&res=16&provider_id=320&t=pan

dmontzsta
09-05-2005, 07:09 AM
Still no word from ole Hoss, this sucks. Does anyone know if the power is back up in some parts over there?

Tom Brown
09-05-2005, 08:40 AM
Zabasearch came up with this....
JAMES N ROOS Born Jun 1967
[address deleted]
His house would be right in the middle...
http://image.maps.yahoo.com/mapimage?MAPData=8WEnSfhyzy2lRjUqYftmfds.vc_S4Yy1w fKurNkowxBghRuLjkTvJx03tksZ1VSGlr_zxY_8RyXKg2CM_WU YX.z_UbKvkNx_zAvUzTy8rdTWC3M-
http://www.terraserver.com/imagery/image_gx.asp?cpx=-90.15280100000159&cpy=29.986392340618415&res=16&provider_id=320&t=pan
Regardless of the circumstance, it seems maximally uncool to post someone's full address on an open forum. :(

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2005, 09:01 AM
Regardless of the circumstance, it seems maximally uncool to post someone's full address on an open forum. :(
It was done out of total concern I believe. :smile:

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 09:59 AM
That seems like a good idea, if some Hot Boat members need our help, we could donate directly to them :idea:
Who wants to set this up?

Mohave Vice
09-05-2005, 10:02 AM
JUST A THOUGHT !
It is a very compassionate act to donate to the Red Cross, Salvation Army, etc., and let them do the good that they do for everybody in the effected area. This means that for every dollar that you give only a miniscule amount goes to each-minus administrative costs, etc. I'm certainly not advocating NOT donating to these charities however has anyone else considered starting a donation fund for our 3 or so ***boat forum members to give them a bit of a helping hand to tide them over. I would think that it would take a while before they would be able to access their checking, savings, homeowners ins, or whatever and could use the help. I'd sorta like to see that my donations are making a difference in someones life and not just disappearing into the bureaucratic abyss or going to some looter.
Any comments?
Rio
Count me in!

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2005, 10:02 AM
That seems like a good idea, if some Hot Boat members need our help, we could donate directly to them :idea:
Who wants to set this up?
I think they were looking into setting up an account on the insideline for Hoss. Not sure the status of it though???

Mohave Vice
09-05-2005, 10:04 AM
It was done out of total concern I believe. :smile:
Agree with everybody on confidentiality. However ..... this info is in public records (411). Hoss was listed.

jstwkd
09-05-2005, 10:39 AM
I'm in!!!!!!!!!

Mohave Vice
09-05-2005, 10:42 AM
Haven't heard amything on Hoss yet. I was in touch with Biglue yesterday and provided some information that he and others were going to follow up on and possibly contact some realitives of Hoss. Hope they do!!!!!11

rrrr
09-05-2005, 10:50 AM
JUST A THOUGHT !
It is a very compassionate act to donate to the Red Cross, Salvation Army, etc., and let them do the good that they do for everybody in the effected area. This means that for every dollar that you give only a miniscule amount goes to each-minus administrative costs, etc. I'm certainly not advocating NOT donating to these charities however has anyone else considered starting a donation fund for our 3 or so ***boat forum members to give them a bit of a helping hand to tide them over. I would think that it would take a while before they would be able to access their checking, savings, homeowners ins, or whatever and could use the help. I'd sorta like to see that my donations are making a difference in someones life and not just disappearing into the bureaucratic abyss or going to some looter.
Any comments?
Rio
It's a great idea. May as well help someone you know.
My mother in law has a friend in MS about 50 miles from New Orleans. They have over 30 family members at their house, all from areas that have been wiped out. There are 13 school age children.
We are sending them cash and household goods. I have a 38' travel trailer that we don't use. I'm prolly going to pull it over there and set it up in their driveway. They are going to all be living together for months if not a year or two.
Praying for you, Hoss.

Tom Brown
09-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Know what I mean?
No.
At a time and a circumstance such as exists now I don't really think that confidentiality is much of an issue. Sorta like having a bullet hole in your chest and refusing to take off your shirt for the Dr. cuz you're bashful !
I think I'll send HOSS a letter.
While I'm at it, I think I'll go ahead and redirect his mail to a PO box I have access to and then I'll open a new credit card and have it billed to him.
Hey... I'm glad I know a bunch of his personal information. It just might save his life.
I'll bet he'll thank me for helping people steal his identity.
BTW, I'm in on the ***boat support fund. That is a good idea.

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2005, 11:14 AM
No.
While I'm at it, I think I'll go ahead and redirect his mail to a PO box I have access to and then I'll open a new credit card and have it billed to him.
Hey... I'm glad I know a bunch of his personal information. It just might save his life.
:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
OMG! I can only hope to god that does not happen.
Maybe you can get his SS # and post that for Tom too. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I think everyone is just trying to help here TB. Not cause any problems. :)
Sounds like the information that was posted was public access anyway. Right???? :confused: :confused:

Tom Brown
09-05-2005, 11:18 AM
It's like you people believe you can save his life through the mail. LMAO! :D
Gosh... I hope nothing bad comes of this. :D :D :D
Do you suppose he'll be able to sue Mandelon for time and cost incurred if someone uses this information to steal his identity? :idea:

Flat Crazy Racing
09-05-2005, 11:21 AM
I am posting from the Flat Crazy puter', but if a way to donate straight to Hoss and/or any other board members affected comes through, I'm in. Hoping for the best for those affected, and if Rex can set it up to take visa, I'll kick in what I can......Ray.(Moneypitt)....

Boy Named Sue
09-05-2005, 11:23 AM
No.
I'm with Tom on that one. DOB, full name, address, and phone no. and you got the goods on somebody.
Praying for Hoss, and everyone else down there. My mom just called and told me a few cousins haven't been located yet either.

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2005, 11:33 AM
It's like you people believe you can save his life through the mail. LMAO! :D
Gosh... I hope nothing bad comes of this. :D :D :D
Do you suppose he'll be able to sue Mandelon for time and cost incurred if someone uses this information to steal his identity? :idea:
All right worse case scenerio guy. :p :p
TB can it get any worse for him??? :(
And I don't think anyone was going to mail him a letter. :notam: :squiggle:
Let us all just pray he is well and safe!!!!!

Tom Brown
09-05-2005, 11:40 AM
TB can it get any worse for him??? :(
Here's something that would be worse... What if he made it through the hurricane just fine but can't afford to rebuild his house because of his ruined credit and legal costs?
The guy has enough problems.
Anyone who has either had their identity stolen or knows someone who has understands how serious this issue is. It takes years and a lot of money to deal with. My understanding is that most victims change their names. It doesn't solve the initial problem but it will stop the bleeding.
And I don't think anyone was going to mail him a letter. :notam: :squiggle:
Well then why are you so free with his mailing information? :confused:

Sleek-Jet
09-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Don't you hate it when Tom get's all serious and shit??? :D
Of course we've been throwing his name and town of residence around for a couple days, it's not hard to find information through public records. A quick 5 minute search on the internet can find all the juicy information you need. :rolleyes:

Rexone
09-05-2005, 12:04 PM
I think the ***boat donation thing is a great idea (maybe).
However, a few things would need to be established up front (like where the money is gonna be donated to as a primary one). It may be hard to get a concensus on this subject with such a wide group.
We dont even know Hoss's situation yet, he could be fine just without a phone or computer or he could be in trouble (unknown).
I would "possibly" act as the money collector through a paypal account (easiest to set up to take credit cards etc and easy to keep track of as far as a record of each transaction). But the destination of the money would have to be figured out before the first dollar was collected. I've seen other attempts to collect money for various causes on this forum turn into train wrecks due to lack of accurate accounting (where'd the money go), etc.

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Here's something that would be worse... What if he made it through the hurricane just fine but can't afford to rebuild his house because of his ruined credit and legal costs?
The guy has enough problems.
Anyone who has either had their identity stolen or knows someone who has understands how serious this issue is. It takes years and a lot of money to deal with. My understanding is that most victims change their names. It doesn't solve the initial problem but it will stop the bleeding.
Again, only information that can be found by the public was posted I thought???!!
Well then why are you so free with his mailing information? :confused:
And I am not free with his mailing addy. I did not post it. :D
All I was trying to say is the person that did was not trying to malicious in any way.

Man-de-lone
09-05-2005, 03:02 PM
www.Zabasearch.com.... Its public info.
Does it matter if its on one place on the internet and then another? At least here we are his friends...
He's in the phone book Tom.... Put down the paranoid crack pipe, dude. Maybe you don't have them in Canada but there's lots of addresses in the phone book. Home phone numbers too. :2purples: His Dad apparently is there also.....
As far as we know his house may not exist anymore... :(
Sorry if you think it is an issue... :hammerhea Ya want to delete it?
For a few bucks you can get waaaaay more info on anybody. It is scary.

SummitKarl
09-05-2005, 03:18 PM
I think the ***boat donation thing is a great idea (maybe).
However, a few things would need to be established up front (like where the money is gonna be donated to as a primary one). It may be hard to get a concensus on this subject with such a wide group.
We dont even know Hoss's situation yet, he could be fine just without a phone or computer or he could be in trouble (unknown).
I would "possibly" act as the money collector through a paypal account (easiest to set up to take credit cards etc and easy to keep track of as far as a record of each transaction). But the destination of the money would have to be figured out before the first dollar was collected. I've seen other attempts to collect money for various causes on this forum turn into train wrecks due to lack of accurate accounting (where'd the money go), etc.
I like this, good idea and accountable
I was planing on doing a 50/50 raffel at my car show this next Saturday and sending the proceeds to the NASCAR relief fund

INEEDAV
09-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Does it matter if its on one place on the internet and then another? At least here we are his friends...
He's in the phone book Tom.... Put down the paranoid crack pipe, dude. Maybe you don't have them in Canada but there's lots of addresses in the phone book. Home phone numbers too. :2purples: His Dad apparently is there also.....
Tom needs to unwad his panties, the information posted is so pubkic its ridiculous, and for 29 dollars I can have a lot more.
Actually, have we not heard from hoss by Tuesday I am going to spend it so I can try to track his wifes family down where they live.

SummitKarl
09-05-2005, 03:26 PM
gota go with you on this, put down the crack pipe Tom!!!!!, want to get paraniod Tom, I will PM you, your credit card info Tue afternoon, if you have Visa,MC, or AMEX it really is that easy... it is just luck of the draw when your numbers up......mine was about 8yrs ago, now all my credit is locked down and credit cannot be issued, without a password. I doubt very much we have thieves on this board, boating, like hot rods is about disposable income, so I doubt to many low lifes lurk here.

Boy Named Sue
09-05-2005, 03:27 PM
I just heard that my cousin has been heard from. Lived just outside of NO. Their cell phone service came back up so maybe we'll start hearing from people down there. :) :) :) :) :) :)

Miss Perfect
09-05-2005, 03:32 PM
I just heard that my cousin has been heard from. Lived just outside of NO. Their cell phone service came back up so maybe we'll start hearing from people down there. :) :) :) :) :) :)
That's awesome news Suey. Now let's hope we hear from Hoss soon!

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Talk about a loss of privacy, have any of you done an internet search on your username?
It brings ya right to your public information :jawdrop:

Boy Named Sue
09-05-2005, 03:48 PM
O.K. I have more details. My peeps live in Bay St. Louis and Slidell and everyones ok, the houses made it too, so we're all very relieved. I just met these folks at a family reunion in Omaha in June. The communication problem was the cell phones were dead and they finally found a generator to charge them up. So there is some cell service, but your phones gotta work.
Tom's just worried about his buddy and there's no need to insult him.
~ Suey

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2005, 04:06 PM
O.K. I have more details. My peeps live in Bay St. Louis and Slidell and everyones ok, the houses made it too, so we're all very relieved. I just met these folks at a family reunion in Omaha in June. The communication problem was the cell phones were dead and they finally found a generator to charge them up. So there is some cell service, but your phones gotta work.
Tom's just worried about his buddy and there's no need to insult him.
~ Suey
Good news about your family members.
I hope someone can get in contact with Hoss soon.
I would never insult TB. :) :)

Tom Brown
09-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Thanks Mandelon and thanks Suey. :)
I called HOSS's cell number several times this afternoon and have gotten the "all circuits are busy" message each time.
I'll bet HOSS is angry, upset, and rude bordering on violence. You know... just like normal. He's probably down at his local place of worship and is right now stabbing his clergyman in the eye with a flat blade screwdriver. :)
It sure would be nice to hear that our buddy is OK. I'll keep trying.

Flat Crazy Racing
09-06-2005, 07:15 AM
Bump.....mp

Just Tool'n
09-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Has anyone tried Hoss's cell phone today?

Tom Brown
09-06-2005, 04:24 PM
Yes.

Mrs.Racer277
09-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Yes.
Still no luck????

Tom Brown
09-06-2005, 04:32 PM
"all circuits are busy"

Mrs.Racer277
09-06-2005, 04:34 PM
"all circuits are busy"
I am sure it will be that way for a long time. :frown:
Thanks for trying for us. :)

Debbolas
09-06-2005, 04:36 PM
"all circuits are busy"
Dam, I wish we knew if he was ok or not :frown:
I hope he is well and dry..... :cool:
Carl Hiassen wrote a book called "Stormy Weather" where the ex-governor of the state of Florida straps himself to an underpass and rides out a hurricane. :rollside:

Norseman
09-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Dam, I wish we knew if he was ok or not :frown:
I hope he is well and dry..... :cool:
Carl Hiassen wrote a book called "Stormy Weather" where the ex-governor of the state of Florida straps himself to an underpass and rides out a hurricane. :rollside:
I think they should take the mayor of New Orleans, and the governors of the state of Louisiana and Mississippi and strap them to one of the levees!!!
I'd also like to throw in a couple of the big shots at Homeland Security, The top rankig officials of the National Guard and Civil Defense in the affected states!!

Tom Brown
09-06-2005, 04:48 PM
I think they should take the mayor of New Orleans, and the governors of the state of Louisiana and Mississippi and strap them to one of the levees!!!
I'd also like to throw in a couple of the big shots at Homeland Security, The top rankig officials of the National Guard and Civil Defense in the affected states!!
I couldn't agree more!!!

Floored
09-06-2005, 05:51 PM
I noticed that the last time I was a$$ deep in water my cell phone never worked the same, but made very interesting noises. I keep checking all the lists for him to show up. They may have gotten rescued and jammed to Texas to be with the rest of the family. Waiting for the good word.

Man-de-lone
09-06-2005, 07:03 PM
I'm assuming you used his full name to obtain this information? I did not know Hoss' real name, nor when he was born. Now I do.
You know, actually I think Tom posted his real name.... :hammer2:

Just Tool'n
09-06-2005, 07:47 PM
When you get your cell phone completely immersed in water I think the transponder goes to the great smoke god in the sky.
Or as we say in our business, "You let the magic smoke out of it"

Sleek-Jet
09-07-2005, 07:02 AM
Untill the power is restored to the cell sites, no phone calls are going to get through.

Mohave Vice
09-07-2005, 05:19 PM
Here's another site: www.katrina.com

Flat Crazy Racing
09-07-2005, 09:31 PM
ANY NEWS?? Please forwared any info ASAP about either one of these guys. I don't have much in the way of accomadations, but it's theirs if needed, either here in BHC or out west in Newbury Park, Ca. Please forward any info .....Moneypitt...(from BHC)......
PS, what happened to the fund for these guys?? ....Ray

sorry dog
09-07-2005, 09:49 PM
I saw quite a few telephone bucket trucks on the way down there tonight, but I imagine they are just now figuring our what is screwed up (probably most of it)...so it will probably be a while before phone service works right.
Anyway if I was on a mad dash out of town it's likely I'd either forget the cell phone or at least the charger.

Just Tool'n
09-08-2005, 08:08 AM
bump

topless
09-08-2005, 10:46 AM
Has anyone heard anything yet? I've checked all the sites I can think of. :confused:

lucky
09-08-2005, 10:51 AM
nope , not a thing - seriously - i did see a muffler shop - and they panned off of it , so i could not read the name of it :( -- poor bastard - I wonder if his wife has heard anything - she's in texas ya know :frown:

Moneypitt
09-08-2005, 10:05 PM
Bump....

Just Tool'n
09-10-2005, 05:18 AM
Bump, Again

Moneypitt
09-10-2005, 08:32 AM
Under the circumstances I don't think anyone would mind a message to the wrong household. If it is right then maybe Hoss would get back to you somehow and you could post his response. Please try again.......MP

Moneypitt
09-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Bump:
You know there has to be close to a 1/4 million beds in the tri-state Army camps down there. They are running at 10% capasity now, why not allow the evacuees to move into them? Mess halls, kitchens, latrines, barracks, everything needed to relocate entire cities.....Who, or what dropped the ball on this idea?.........MP

HCS
09-10-2005, 08:50 PM
I watched a disturbing video.
The people hooked on drugs are freaking out from withdrawals.
Just a wierd thought to me. You have addicts twitching and freaking out because they can't get their fix.
I don't feel sorry for them or anything. Just something that didn't even cross my mind until it was brought up.
Just a weird twist. :chi:

C-2
09-10-2005, 08:58 PM
I tried both of the phone # listed on Zabasearch and got both of them to ring.
One of them went to voicemail. I did not leave a message due to the fact I am not positive I was calling the correct house :(
PM his name and number, I'll tell you if the number belongs to him (or provide other potential contact numbers).
On the ID theft scare, come on guys, they have these things called phone books.....scared the hell out of my great grandfather too.

Mrs.Racer277
09-10-2005, 09:04 PM
I watched a disturbing video.
The people hooked on drugs are freaking out from withdrawals.
Just a wierd thought to me. You have addicts twitching and freaking out because they can't get their fix.
I don't feel sorry for them or anything. Just something that didn't even cross my mind until it was brought up.
Just a weird twist. :chi:
I thought about that too. It crossed my mind since I am trying to quit smoking.

rrrr
09-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Sure wish Hoss would check in. As he would say, "What the phuck is going on?" :confused:

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
09-10-2005, 09:22 PM
I hope he is doing ok......or is at least some where safe........getting enough food and drinks!!!!!!
We miss you HOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Boy Named Sue
09-10-2005, 09:25 PM
I hope he is stranded on an island with a bunch of coeds and he has appointed himself King Ding-A-Ling!. And cases of liquor are washing up on the beach from a rumrunner lost in the storm...

C-2
09-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Alright, figured out who he is.
We'll see what comes up. Any other info would be helpful.

Mrs.Racer277
09-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Alright, figured out who he is.
We'll see what comes up. Any other info would be helpful.
Did you read any of this.............http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4660

C-2
09-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Did you read any of this.............http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4660
Never go over there, but duh, should have read the beginning of this thread. No worries, will look for family members. PM the info you have so I can compare it to what I came up with. :)

C-2
09-10-2005, 10:59 PM
I think I have good numbers for a sister, brother and his number.
Will call in a.m., or maybe Tom or anybody else who knows him should call. PM me.

C-2
09-11-2005, 07:21 AM
Left messages at two of the numbers. Third was no answer.

Tom Brown
09-11-2005, 04:37 PM
"We're sorry. Due to telephone company facility trouble, your call cannot be completed at this time. You may try your call again later."

Mrs.Racer277
09-11-2005, 04:42 PM
"We're sorry. Due to telephone company facility trouble, your call cannot be completed at this time. You may try your call again later."
Thanks for trying.

Debbolas
09-11-2005, 04:52 PM
I hope he is ok :frown:

C-2
09-11-2005, 06:16 PM
When it says all circuits are busy, just redial it. Eventually it'll go thru, it took about five attempts on each of the numbers I called before they went thru.
Cells can be bad since their networks aren't as large as landlines. Even here in L.A. I often get the "all circuits are busy" message.
Both the numbers I called sounded like answering machines...which is kinda weird.
Persistence!

DansBlown73Nordic
09-12-2005, 03:06 AM
Carl Hiassen wrote a book called "Stormy Weather" where the ex-governor of the state of Florida straps himself to an underpass and rides out a hurricane.
:2purples: :2purples: :2purples: Maybe Hoss is strapped to a bridge naked and the ladder fell over..... :rolleyes:
I hope he is ok.... :)

Just Tool'n
09-12-2005, 07:23 PM
Any news today?

Boy Named Sue
09-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Just Tooln ~ I made a joke earlier but only to ease my tension. Hoss is no close friend of mine, but a friend of friends and their worry becomes my worry. I'm sure Hoss (because he has a wife and kids) is in such good hands we are just worry warts, he's no dummy and he did the right thing for his family. The whole area is so screwed up his priority is his family and when power and communication becomes available we will hear from him. And if it takes him a while to do that who cares, we are low on the totem pole of survival. I'm not being a smartass, I can't imagine what Hoss's family is dealing with right now, I'd like to hear but we may not for a while.
Not trying to be a dick, just thinking real
Suey

C-2
09-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Left a voice message on the third numer today. The number also has the privacy block, so they have my caller ID.
Nothing yet.

Boy Named Sue
09-12-2005, 09:08 PM
Left a voice message on the third numer today. The number also has the privacy block, so they have my caller ID.
Nothing yet.
Thanks for the effort C-2. I know I speak for a lot of ***boaters.
~ a Boy Named Sue

Just Tool'n
09-13-2005, 04:48 AM
Just Tooln ~ I made a joke earlier but only to ease my tension. Hoss is no close friend of mine, but a friend of friends and their worry becomes my worry. I'm sure Hoss (because he has a wife and kids) is in such good hands we are just worry warts, he's no dummy and he did the right thing for his family. The whole area is so screwed up his priority is his family and when power and communication becomes available we will hear from him. And if it takes him a while to do that who cares, we are low on the totem pole of survival. I'm not being a smartass, I can't imagine what Hoss's family is dealing with right now, I'd like to hear but we may not for a while.
Not trying to be a dick, just thinking real
Suey
Thanks for the update, we all hope that he & his familly are safe!
Just trying to keep this in the forefront.
Keep up the good work.

Keithb87
09-13-2005, 01:56 PM
Anything yet? :confused:

Mrs.Racer277
09-13-2005, 06:11 PM
Ttt

crf311
09-13-2005, 06:40 PM
Just wanted to give you'll a update. We are dong ok. Just got my daughter inrolled in school to finish her sr. yr. of high school. We are still homeless, living with my sister for the next couple of weeks. after that who knows. Home prices are going out sight. If you can find one you are in a bidding war. Homes that were 150k they now want 225-250k. un****ng believable.
we were able to get in for a look at our house n business last friday. ugly. House had 7-8 ft of water. 1st floor total loss.luckly it didn't reach the 2nd
floor. The business had 3-4 ft of water. On a good note the jet boat is still there and in good shape
I don't have internet where I'm at but i'll try to keep you informed.
robert

Mrs.Racer277
09-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Just wanted to give you'll a update. We are dong ok. Just got my daughter inrolled in school to finish her sr. yr. of high school. We are still homeless, living with my sister for the next couple of weeks. after that who knows. Home prices are going out sight. If you can find one you are in a bidding war. Homes that were 150k they now want 225-250k. un****ng believable.
we were able to get in for a look at our house n business last friday. ugly. House had 7-8 ft of water. 1st floor total loss.luckly it didn't reach the 2nd
floor. The business had 3-4 ft of water. On a good note the jet boat is still there and in good shape
robert
Thank you for keeping us posted on how it is going. Sounds like there is a little light at the end of the tunnel. Atleast you have your family.
We are all still praying for Hoss and all the victims.

lucky
09-14-2005, 06:17 AM
bump

OGShocker
09-14-2005, 06:40 AM
robert
I am glad to here you and the family are well. We are thinking of you and the others displaced by Katrina.
I got a hold of our friends in Hattiesburg MS yesterday. It was great to hear their voices and that they were doing ok now.
Hell of a mess you guys are and will be dealing with. Remember you have "friends" here.
Mark

Boy Named Sue
09-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Cool news. Keep it coming.

lucky
09-15-2005, 06:17 AM
bump any new on the hoss ?

Just Tool'n
09-16-2005, 10:16 AM
9-15 bump

Biglue
09-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Tried calling his nymbers we have. They're ringing now but no answer.

Debbolas
09-16-2005, 12:47 PM
bump :confused:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-16-2005, 07:24 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1078bump.bmp
for Hoss

C-2
09-16-2005, 07:30 PM
Tuesday morning I left additional messages on answering machines - asking anybody to call back, even if it's the wrong number. Maybe they can't dial out?
Tomorrow I'll leave them with an 800 number to respond.

Mrs.Racer277
09-16-2005, 07:31 PM
Tuesday morning I left additional messages on answering machines - asking anybody to call back, even if it's the wrong number. Maybe they can't dial out?
Tomorrow I'll leave them with an 800 number to respond.
Thank you for trying.

HCS
09-16-2005, 07:53 PM
I'm sure as we all know that Hot Boat could be his last concern. But hopefully the bell will ring and he will chime in!
God bless HOSS and hope all is going well!!!!!
Tom. :chi:

Mohave Vice
09-17-2005, 03:07 PM
Bump!

spectratoad
09-18-2005, 06:10 AM
Anything yet?????? Been thinking about him and hope he and is family are ok. :frown:

rrrr
09-18-2005, 08:12 AM
This sucks. Hope you are OK Hoss.

Boy Named Sue
09-18-2005, 08:08 PM
For peeps following this thread, we have heard from Hoss! He is o.k. Other threads have details.

spectratoad
09-19-2005, 07:56 AM
Cool glad to hear that. :cool: :cool: