PDA

View Full Version : Hurrican Katrina--did You Make A Donation?

All IN
09-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Most of us on Hot Boat forum , own a boat and to some live a pretty good life. I know we all have problems, but all most all of us have a bed with a roof over our heads.
These poor folks New Orleans and in Mississippi have nothing. No water, food, just the clothes on there back.
Besided New Orleans is one of my favorite cities in the world.
PLEASE ALL FELLOW BOAT OWNERS, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO THE RED CROSS OR ANY OTHER AGENCY THAT WILL ACCEPT A DONATION.
I ALREADY MADE A SIZEABLE DONATION AND WILL PROBABLY SEND MORE.
GIVE TIL IT HURTS.

EXTREMEBOATS
09-02-2005, 02:01 PM
We are running out of gas here in Florida and have not recovered from last year but we are going to the disaster in two weeks to assist with clean up and recovery. Please help out anyway you can. Floridians only thought we had it bad last year but these folks are dieing. Bodies are floating and there is no food or water or gas. Please say a prayer.

Boozer
09-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Trying to decide which charity to donate my money to as we speak. Going to donate 10% of total revenue generated by my company for the month of Spetember.

mirvin
09-02-2005, 03:00 PM
I gave to the Red Cross and Petco. Don't forget about the animals.:supp:
mirvin

Aqua Boogie1
09-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Im going to do so since I think this is more important than going boating this weekend. So thats where my boat gas money is going..................... :frown:

Krumbsnatcher
09-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Just remember this giving will be needed for the next couple of years when this disaster will still exist.
Give periodically that is the best solution.
I gave $100 bucks for each of my kids and wife!

riverroyal
09-02-2005, 05:05 PM
work,we are,i think a bulk amount through a company seems better for me,but anything is good

Magic34
09-02-2005, 05:10 PM
I have distributors having waterless car washes across the country and donating the $$$ to relief efforts. We are sending each distributor having these free product to have the car wash to help gain more $$, and not put an expense on our distributors for helping with the cause. Sept 10th, they start.

KYJELLY
09-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Donated yesterday, Just reading online on whats happening, not good.
KY

riverroyal
09-02-2005, 05:19 PM
damn it pisses me off,how can i get news footage at my house on the west coast and I have never once seen any help ?The news is there with satelite trucks,dont tell me trucks cant drive in with supplies.I just watched a group of white people on roof on bourbon street,they are basically hiding,they are affraid if anyone sees them they will get their small water stash looted,all they want to do is leave!.....just imagine if that was a sister or brother of yours,you would be killed for you vehicle trying to get them out...........it just sucks..

sorry dog
09-02-2005, 07:47 PM
I donated time money the very next day to a victim...me. Very nearly had a 20" Oak total the house and cars...5 feet to the right and anybody in the kitchen would be a tree hugger. We got lucky and only the yard and fence got trashed and minor damage to the cars. Would have been worse here but Ivan and Dennis had already thinned out a lot of the weak stuff.
But seriously, we have a lot of refugees staying in our rec center on campus, since we are one of the closest decent sized towns to NO that isn't totally ravaged. Several of my friends are putting up people in their houses. I'll probably spend some time this weekend making some food or passing out toothbrushes, beer, or whatever over there.
I'd like to go down there with a boat and get in the thick of it, but everybody who tries says the organization down there is a total clusterfock.

VD CRUISER
09-02-2005, 07:53 PM
Yes, gave to the Red Cross at a local grocery store. Need to give more though.

Throttle
09-02-2005, 07:54 PM
the organization down there is a total clusterfock.
until you have seen disaster from the front row, clusterfock is generally known as completely overwhelming for most to handle.

MagicMtnDan
09-02-2005, 08:24 PM
We pitched in a pile of dough (www.feedthechildren.org ) and will give more.
One idea is to donate all those coins you have at home. I'm hoping a charity will take 'em so I don't have to pay a percentage to the coin machine thiefs at the grocery store.