PDA

View Full Version : It's here.

Towndrunk
09-02-2005, 03:44 PM
New to me 77 Sanger runnerbottom. BBC t ram 2 600's . Boat has never been re-geled or panted other than the factory. Seems to run good but havent had it out yet and with these gas prices I might make a sailboat out of it. :shift: It seems to be in good conditionrigging and soundness. Just needs new paint, chrome and anodizing. Where do I start?
Question 1: What is the purpose of a runner instead of a flat? Race? Play? Duck hunt?? :D
Q? 2: Where can I get that plastic that goes around the hull to keep the swamping to a minimum? Also I needa list of runner bottom terminology, ie slang!!
Thanks
TD :idea:

GofastRacer
09-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Runners are made to go fast in a straight line on smoothe water, as in drag racing!...
You can make that piece yourself, just go to a plastics place and get some plexiglass. Or you can pay a bunch and get one made here!.. ;)
Finneys! (http://finneys.com/specialize.htm)

Kim Hanson
09-02-2005, 07:08 PM
New to me 77 Sanger runnerbottom. BBC t ram 2 600's . Boat has never been re-geled or panted other than the factory. Seems to run good but havent had it out yet and with these gas prices I might make a sailboat out of it. :shift: It seems to be in good conditionrigging and soundness. Just needs new paint, chrome and anodizing. Where do I start?
Question 1: What is the purpose of a runner instead of a flat? Race? Play? Duck hunt?? :D
Q? 2: Where can I get that plastic that goes around the hull to keep the swamping to a minimum? Also I needa list of runner bottom terminology, ie slang!!
Thanks
TD :idea:
Look in the V-drive section on Havasu Barneys, I made mine out of tin and it polished up to look like stainless............( . )( . ).......
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/72HPIM0983.JPG

Kindsvater Flat
09-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Look in the V-drive section on Havasu Barneys, I made mine out of tin and it polished up to look like stainless............( . )( . ).......
Tin like you used flashing from the roof?

Kim Hanson
09-02-2005, 07:25 PM
Tin like you used flashing from the roof?
Its from a custom tin shop here and I don't know what guage it is, but once I get done with the polishing compounds it will look just like stainless steel. Then put on a trim over the top so no one gets cut on it and it will sure stop me from sinking again Mike........( . )( . ).......... :cool:

Lookin for Liquid
09-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Its from a custom tin shop here and I don't know what guage it is, but once I get done with the polishing compounds it will look just like stainless steel. Then put on a trim over the top so no one gets cut on it and it will sure stop me from sinking again Mike........( . )( . ).......... :cool:
Kim, where is the snow melt going to overflow out of now that you have sealed off the lowest point of the top of the boat.

Kim Hanson
09-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Kim, where is the snow melt going to overflow out of now that you have sealed off the lowest point of the top of the boat.
3 kick ass bilge pumps :D , or leave the plugs out.........( . )( . )............. :D :D

dmontzsta
09-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Kim, what are you going to use to make the speaker boxes for the "kick ass system" in your V DRIVE RACEBOAT

BILLY.B
09-04-2005, 05:57 AM
Kim, what are you going to use to make the speaker boxes for the "kick ass system" in your V DRIVE RACEBOATResin sealed Molson beer cases....... :D

dmontzsta
09-04-2005, 06:58 AM
Resin sealed Molson beer cases....... :D
F 'n' A kick ass shit!
Next you know he will have it on ebay trying to get top dollar.
(Canadian Marlin RaceBoat V-Drive)
120mph Boat
Dual Mug Holders
Thumpin Sound System 4 - 12" Woofers with 4 Tweeters (Boxes made from Molson Cases)
Custom High Back Seats, made from some dinnette set the neigbors threw out.
Free Install of a ski bar/roll cage made from the old playground at the elementary school, with custom foglights that fell off the neigbors truck.
$15k or trade for lots of Beer and Cigarettes.

Kim Hanson
09-04-2005, 03:20 PM
Kim, what are you going to use to make the speaker boxes for the "kick ass system" in your V DRIVE RACEBOAT
Im going to try to seal it off right behind the steering wheel and 4-12" subs, 2-1000 watt amps and 4 400 watt tweeters and 6-200 watt 6x9's...should kick ass............( . )( . )........... :coffeycup

dmontzsta
09-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Im going to try to seal it off right behind the steering wheel and 4-12" subs, 2-1000 watt amps and 4 400 watt tweeters and 6-200 watt 6x9's...should kick ass............( . )( . )........... :coffeycup
Definately kick ass! as long as you feather the mullett first.
:D

Kim Hanson
09-04-2005, 03:40 PM
Definately kick ass! as long as you feather the mullett first.
:D
Marcy thinks I will be kicked off the Lake for loud music next :D .........( . )( . ).........