PDA

View Full Version : A Country Made of Glass....

cdog
09-02-2005, 04:03 PM
Seems as though were not as smart as we think. One region has problems and energy spikes thru the roof. Gouging is evident. The goverment can't control it. Everyone wants Money Money Money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Meanwhile the rest of us are suppost to just bend over, open our wallet and take it in the ass. This could be the begining of deep shit to come.

redi4fun
09-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Seems as though were not as smart as we think. One region has problems and energy spikes thru the roof. Gouging is evident. The goverment can't control it. Everyone wants Money Money Money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Meanwhile the rest of us are suppost to just bend over, open our wallet and take it in the ass. This could be the begining of deep shit to come.
IS this a great country or what!!!! :D

Blown 472
09-02-2005, 04:16 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4204900.stm

Rexone
09-02-2005, 04:21 PM
A perfect world isn't guaranteed. Sure a lot of whining going on in what is still the most developed and finest country in the world (IMO) to have the priviledge to live in. vs. dozens of third world shitholes, dictatorships, yada yada yada. I'm curious why some feel the government should be "all" responsible and "all" controlling for everything that occurs in the world that's negative.
I wonder what other country's governments response would be to a disaster of similar scope if it were to occur in say Argentina, Venezuela, Vietnam, Russia, or any one of dozens of other places, wealthy or poor. Superior response to the US's current response? Not likely.
again when you find that perfect world please post where it is.
ok flame on :D

boater72
09-02-2005, 04:23 PM
I am surprised it took you this long to figure it out. And this could be the beginning of deep shit to come. I think it began a while back.

redi4fun
09-02-2005, 04:39 PM
A perfect world isn't guaranteed. Sure a lot of whining going on in what is still the most developed and finest country in the world (IMO) to have the priviledge to live in. vs. dozens of third world shitholes, dictatorships, yada yada yada. I'm curious why some feel the government should be "all" responsible and "all" controlling for everything that occurs in the world that's negative.
I wonder what other country's governments response would be to a disaster of similar scope if it were to occur in say Argentina, Venezuela, Vietnam, Russia, or any one of dozens of other places, wealthy or poor. Superior response to the US's current response? Not likely.
again when you find that perfect world please post where it is.
ok flame on :D
I totally agree with you REX. I was being sarcastic.
I thing the big problem with our goverment today is it size. It takes a long time to make changes. We the people as the goverment can make change, but it usually most effective during election years.

riverroyal
09-02-2005, 04:50 PM
and even more shait to throw at it this week,,,,not a good time to go out and overextend ones self huh

cdog
09-02-2005, 05:00 PM
I'm just playin devils adcovate. But I am tired of allways being asked to bail out someone for a cause or reason. Still, I'm damm proud to be an american. This country only requires a person to have balls or brains to make something of himself.

SummitKarl
09-02-2005, 05:13 PM
and even more shait to throw at it this week,,,,not a good time to go out and overextend ones self huh
hey I thought you took out a loan to fill up today :wink:

Rexone
09-02-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm just playin devils adcovate. But I am tired of allways being asked to bail out someone for a cause or reason. Still, I'm damm proud to be an american. This country only requires a person to have balls or brains to make something of himself.
I know and I wasn't aiming my post at you specifically. Lot of whining in general lately about what a poor job our governments doing on any number of issues including the hurricane response. Yes we pay a lot for some things in the US including high gas prices when something gets focked up. But where else in the world would you go and have all the things and opportunities you have here. I can think of nowhere. And that was my point, even though the US is the best option (and I feel priviledged to live here), people just whine and bitch about how bad things are and rarely mention the upside. I would say to those folks just move then and try any one of a hundred other countrys and try to duplicate the living conditions and standard of living the US and it's shittily run government affords. That would be a tough assignment.
Many seem to think the gov should be a see all know all entity when things go wrong and should have prevented it and/or paid to fix it, but get the hell out of my biz when things are rosy and leave me alone. That just don't fly with me. It is not cheap or free to have the freedoms and standard of living and safety living in the US affords. It costs lots of money in both $ and lives over time to maintain that level of freedom. More than it should cost in $, taxes, ect.? perhaps, but I've yet to see anyone or any country come up with a better alternative. It's easy to talk shit about the downside and ignore talking about the upside. And everything and everyone has a downside.

riverroyal
09-02-2005, 05:21 PM
we are going this weekend,maybe our last trip of the season,make one more drive out to get my trailer,,,weve been 15 times i think this summer,been a great season.I really think this is gonna hurt socals economy,time to save a few bucks.

Man-de-lone
09-02-2005, 05:23 PM
But gas prices aren't high here when compared to other countries.... :hammer2:

riverroyal
09-02-2005, 05:24 PM
thats true,,,doesnt make ok,but true.My relatives live in london,only the upper class own cars there.

Blown 472
09-02-2005, 05:40 PM
we are going this weekend,maybe our last trip of the season,make one more drive out to get my trailer,,,weve been 15 times i think this summer,been a great season.I really think this is gonna hurt socals economy,time to save a few bucks.
Nothing is going to hurt the bubble know as so cal, everything is peachy there only thing you have to worry about is fake tits, your jacked up suv, and a big ol boat.

riverroyal
09-02-2005, 05:41 PM
and wife got lasik instead :)

cdog
09-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Nothing is going to hurt the bubble know as so cal, everything is peachy there only thing you have to worry about is fake tits, your jacked up suv, and a big ol boat.
Hater :shift:

cdog
Mine too. :cool:

SummitKarl
list the house NOW!!!!!!!!!

cdog
09-02-2005, 05:45 PM
I sold mine with a rent back untill Febuary 06.

riverroyal
09-02-2005, 05:45 PM
the wifey is the interior design girl for a big home builder here,if people start slowing down on interior options it will be soon,thats the first sign people are getting affraid to spend,so far it hasnt happened.Which is why im a stay home daddy,,,,,,god bless her

SummitKarl
09-02-2005, 05:48 PM
well I have to wait for the NAR report, watch the Fanie May site, to watch resale and int. rates ........as of last week, just a weeeeee bit behind record pace............... :D it would be six months before a big hit would be felt. but I certiantly wouldn't put a AL Queda strike out of the picture next weekend

riverroyal
09-02-2005, 05:49 PM
thatd be great huh,,,,,,,,im sure those assssholes are thinking this is a good time

haulina29
09-02-2005, 05:57 PM
REXONE all the countrys you listed wouldnt respond but the bleeding heart liberals of the USA would be the first on site !!!! :coffeycup

boater72
09-02-2005, 05:59 PM
but I certiantly wouldn't put a AL Queda strike out of the picture next weekend
Well if you watched the documentary on FX a couple months ago called OIL STORM that would be next in Saudi Arabia and put us over the hill.

Sleek-Jet
09-02-2005, 06:27 PM
I've been reading these threads for a couple days now, and you know what?? We all sound like a bunch of whinny spoiled American's.
A major US city is underwater, and entire region is in ruins, and what are we worried about??? Gas prices. :rolleyes:
For ****s sake.
So we don't get to take our boats out every weekend. I don't get to fly airplanes as often. I'll just have to adjust for a little while. Shit could be alot worse right now.

Rexone
09-02-2005, 10:41 PM
We all sound like a bunch of whinny spoiled American's.
A major US city is underwater, and entire region is in ruins, and what are we worried about??? Gas prices. :rolleyes:
For ****s sake.
Just reading this whiney forum is giving me gas. I think the fed government should have forsaw I was eating a burrito and made sure I had a full bottle of Tums :mad:

Freak
09-03-2005, 04:20 AM
Well if you watched the documentary on FX a couple months ago called OIL STORM that would be next in Saudi Arabia and put us over the hill.
So far the documentary had got the first part right. I hope the second does not happen.

boater72
09-03-2005, 08:49 AM
So far the documentary had got the first part right. I hope the second does not happen.
You and me both for the sake of our kids!

DCBob
09-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Just reading this whiney forum is giving me gas. I think the fed government should have forsaw I was eating a burrito and made sure I had a full bottle of Tums :mad:
I agree G...Dammit... and a roll of chilled TP :D