PDA

View Full Version : People blaming Bush for Katrina's devistation

Wicky
09-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Including my Wife!!!!!
Unfknblvbl!!!!!
She thinks the National Guard is only for homeland emergencies/catastrophies and they should have been there three days ago!!!
Here is a little history for you to read about the guard!!!
I personally thank each and every one of you who have served.
National Guard History (http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/army/arng-history.htm)
Liberals suck,
Wicky

sorry dog
09-02-2005, 08:09 PM
One of my friends in our guard was activated early on...I can only guess that the LA guard wasn't as prepared but we've been through this exercise a lot lately.
Which the Feds would have gotten involved sooner, but I guess it took a little bit of time to realize how overwhelmed the local resources were.
Whenever it looks like we are going to get one our guard start mobilizing before it hits, so it takes a couple of days to get the wheels rolling.

Jbb
09-02-2005, 08:11 PM
I can say driving back on I 20 I saw hundreds of FEMA and utility vehicles....there is a small army on its way to help

Wicky
09-02-2005, 08:13 PM
The wife thinks there is a light switch that magically makes the guard appear instantly!!!!

Jbb
09-02-2005, 08:15 PM
I can also imagine the sheer desperate conditions those people are enduring...Im sure hours seem like days to them...

Kilrtoy
09-02-2005, 08:16 PM
How can they get there when all these liberal pukes keep cutting back on th emilitary and their supplies and so on....

Wicky
09-02-2005, 08:18 PM
Shockwave, kilr, and myself all in agreement??????
Something is fishy!!!! ;) ;)

Sleek-Jet
09-02-2005, 08:18 PM
Speaking for the utilities... any large outage take at least 4 to 6 hours to get our people on it and working to restore... and that's on our system.
Deploying lineman and material to a large disaster area like that takes several days just to figure out how many people you need and what material and where to start the restoration.
It's daunting to say the least.

Wicky
09-02-2005, 08:23 PM
You're pushing it now. ;)
Now, about my slicing problem....Do I need to choke up a bit more or stand closer to the ball :D ???

Wicky
09-02-2005, 08:34 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_12_3v.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZNxdm824YYUS')
You called it. The Driver is definitely too long. :idea:
P.S. Thanks!!!

Kim Hanson
09-02-2005, 09:02 PM
I heard on the News today that Canada's Red Cross is coming in to help and please tell me if it happens please :( ...........( . )( . ).........

Drift
09-02-2005, 09:09 PM
It's Nite! I want day, and I want it NOW, DAMN that George Bush for making the sun set! :confused:
It is weird how we all live in an "instant" society and how people just think that we should have our people just run in there without getting an idea of the shure size and scope of the devistation, then setting a plan of attacking the problems.

Miss Perfect
09-02-2005, 09:26 PM
CNN is reporting that as much as 20% of NO's police force has just stopped reporting for duty. That can't be helping.
I just heard the same thing on CNN, except now they are saying 40-60%. Makes you wonder how much is sensationalized by the media and how much is really truth.

Miss Perfect
09-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Maybe they just had a shift change. :D
Well at that rate, there ought to be about 2 cops left in the city by morning.

Kim Hanson
09-02-2005, 09:34 PM
I didn't realize you guys had your own Red Cross. I kind of thought it was one huge worldwide organization.
Its coming from Canada, so its us coming to help out..I have a good question though....When you need help in your homeland, where is your help to the people that need it? :confused: .........( . )( . )............

Boy Named Sue
09-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Its coming from Canada, so its us coming to help out..I have a good question though....When you need help in your homeland, where is your help to the people that need it? :confused: .........( . )( . )............
When you bring those much needed coolers of Molson, just remember the bottle opener and all will be good!

572Daytona
09-02-2005, 10:30 PM
It appears to me that New Orleans has no one in their government with any leadership skills. Can you imagine what more of a nightmare 9/11 would have been if no one local took charge of the situation there, all of their firemen/policemen walked of the job and just waited for the feds? All I'm seeing now in the news is the problems New Orleans is having, nothing about gulf port/biloxi, etc who were hit even harder. Perhaps the problem isn't as much the fed response as the local government response. All the $$ and people assistance isn't going to be a lot of help if no one is in charge and managing the situation. They've been talking about a hurricane having this impact on New Orleans for years, the city really should have had a plan in place, a hurricane proof headquarters identified, etc, etc. I guess they were too busy filming girls gone wild videos to worry about mundane stuff like emergency planning.

C-2
09-02-2005, 10:47 PM
It appears to me that New Orleans has no one in their government with any leadership skills. Can you imagine what more of a nightmare 9/11 would have been if no one local took charge of the situation there, all of their firemen/policemen walked of the job and just waited for the feds? All I'm seeing now in the news is the problems New Orleans is having, nothing about gulf port/biloxi, etc who were hit even harder. Perhaps the problem isn't as much the fed response as the local government response. All the $$ and people assistance isn't going to be a lot of help if no one is in charge and managing the situation. They've been talking about a hurricane having this impact on New Orleans for years, the city really should have had a plan in place, a hurricane proof headquarters identified, etc, etc. I guess they were too busy filming girls gone wild videos to worry about mundane stuff like emergency planning.
I was thinking about something similar today. Here in So Cal, we have concrete lined river beds, a couple of hundred yards across for a 10' river flow. Dam after redundant dam. All this in So Cal..you know, the desert.
I'm watching the news and you see people, stranded on a roof, no more than 50-100' away from what appears to be a huge arse raging river. Not a yard of concrete in sight. WTF were these people thinking? It's not like this is the first time flood has ravaged their region.
Not dismissing the severity of the catastrophe, but dang, enough is enough. Fork out some money for civil engineering.

Rod-64
09-02-2005, 10:56 PM
Very True.............Where's Rudy Guiliani when you need him,?? Hope he runs for Prez in '08!

sorry dog
09-03-2005, 12:46 AM
I guess they were too busy filming girls gone wild videos to worry about mundane stuff like emergency planning.
You'd know since you probably were the camera man. :)
Hey man! Betcha I can tell ya where you got them shooz!

sorry dog
09-03-2005, 12:55 AM
I was thinking about something similar today. Here in So Cal, we have concrete lined river beds, a couple of hundred yards across for a 10' river flow. Dam after redundant dam. All this in So Cal..you know, the desert.
I'm watching the news and you see people, stranded on a roof, no more than 50-100' away from what appears to be a huge arse raging river. Not a yard of concrete in sight. WTF were these people thinking? It's not like this is the first time flood has ravaged their region.
Not dismissing the severity of the catastrophe, but dang, enough is enough. Fork out some money for civil engineering.
Yup- that's the desert. It ain't easy building shit in a swamp. The ground is so soft it will swallow you up like in Mad Max Thunderdome, so sometimes you end up just floating shit on top of mud with a mud mat and hoping for the best. I've built a pump station or two 1 foot above 100 year flood plain figgering that sooner or later the dry/electrical part will go under (seems like 100 years floods come every 5-10 years)...but that's the way the engineer wanted it. :confused:

Dribble
09-03-2005, 06:53 AM
It is Bush's fault. He arranged for the hurricane to hit to drive up the price of oil, so he and his oil buddies could make more money.

BarryMac
09-03-2005, 07:04 AM
It is Bush's fault. He arranged for the hurricane to hit to drive up the price of oil, so he and his oil buddies could make more money.
I generally don't get into the political BS but this line kills me, WE ALL KNOW that the gas prices have been going up for a long time, Katrina just made it happen a lot faster. Our Gas Prices have been steadily increasing for at least the last four years, when is the last time you saw gas under $2 bucks? This didn't just start happening when that massive storm struck. To say that Bush created the stom is stupid, and I know that you didn't say that, some other moron did, but you do know that he has large stakes in Oil right? Don't think he isn't making some pretty decent cash right now, along with his Daddy, Brother and the Cronnies that he hangs with... :hammer2:

BarryMac
09-03-2005, 07:09 AM
All I can say is "WOW!" You're a Giants fan. :p :D
G-Men Baby...

SMFRiverRat
09-03-2005, 07:13 AM
No kidding. What the hell was their plan, lets put everybody in the SuperDome and then let the Fed's come and save our butt's?

AZKC
09-03-2005, 07:22 AM
Very True.............Where's Rudy Guiliani when you need him,?? Hope he runs for Prez in '08!
Rudy would get crushed by this also.
That was a concentrated area of devistation. This is hundreds of miles of many different types of problems. Hundreds of cities and townships. Tens of thousands of people affected. They just need help it doesn't matter who's at fault or who's right or wrong. :(

Blown 472
09-03-2005, 07:35 AM
No One Can Say they Didn't See it Coming"
By Sidney Blumenthal
09/01/05 "Der Spiegel" -- -- In 2001, FEMA warned that a hurricane striking New Orleans was one of the three most likely disasters in the U.S. But the Bush administration cut New Orleans flood control funding by 44 percent to pay for the Iraq war.
Biblical in its uncontrolled rage and scope, Hurricane Katrina has left millions of Americans to scavenge for food and shelter and hundreds to thousands reportedly dead. With its main levee broken, the evacuated city of New Orleans has become part of the Gulf of Mexico. But the damage wrought by the hurricane may not entirely be the result of an act of nature.
A year ago the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers proposed to study how New Orleans could be protected from a catastrophic hurricane, but the Bush administration ordered that the research not be undertaken. After a flood killed six people in 1995, Congress created the Southeast Louisiana Urban Flood Control Project, in which the Corps of Engineers strengthened and renovated levees and pumping stations. In early 2001, the Federal Emergency Management Agency issued a report stating that a hurricane striking New Orleans was one of the three most likely disasters in the U.S., including a terrorist attack on New York City. But by 2003 the federal funding for the flood control project essentially dried up as it was drained into the Iraq war. In 2004, the Bush administration cut funding requested by the New Orleans district of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for holding back the waters of Lake Pontchartrain by more than 80 percent. Additional cuts at the beginning of this year (for a total reduction in funding of 44.2 percent since 2001) forced the New Orleans district of the Corps to impose a hiring freeze. The Senate had debated adding funds for fixing New Orleans' levees, but it was too late.
The New Orleans Times-Picayune, which before the hurricane published a series on the federal funding problem, and whose presses are now underwater, reported online: "No one can say they didn't see it coming ... Now in the wake of one of the worst storms ever, serious questions are being asked about the lack of preparation."
The Bush administration's policy of turning over wetlands to developers almost certainly also contributed to the heightened level of the storm surge. In 1990, a federal task force began restoring lost wetlands surrounding New Orleans. Every two miles of wetland between the Crescent City and the Gulf reduces a surge by half a foot. Bush had promised "no net loss" of wetlands, a policy launched by his father's administration and bolstered by President Clinton. But he reversed his approach in 2003, unleashing the developers. The Army Corps of Engineers and the Environmental Protection Agency then announced they could no longer protect wetlands unless they were somehow related to interstate commerce.
In response to this potential crisis, four leading environmental groups conducted a joint expert study, concluding in 2004 that without wetlands protection New Orleans could be devastated by an ordinary, much less a Category 4 or 5, hurricane. "There's no way to describe how mindless a policy that is when it comes to wetlands protection," said one of the report's authors. The chairman of the White House's Council on Environmental Quality dismissed the study as "highly questionable," and boasted, "Everybody loves what we're doing."
"My administration's climate change policy will be science based," President Bush declared in June 2001. But in 2002, when the Environmental Protection Agency submitted a study on global warming to the United Nations reflecting its expert research, Bush derided it as "a report put out by a bureaucracy," and excised the climate change assessment from the agency's annual report. The next year, when the EPA issued its first comprehensive "Report on the Environment," stating, "Climate change has global consequences for human health and the environment," the White House simply demanded removal of the line and all similar conclusions. At the G-8 meeting in Scotland this year, Bush successfully stymied any common action on global warming. Scientists, meanwhile, have continued to accumulate impressive data on the rising temperature of the oceans, which has produced more severe hurricanes.
In February 2004, 60 of the nation's leading scientists, including 20 Nobel laureates, warned in a statement, "Restoring Scientific Integrity in Policymaking": "Successful application of science has played a large part in the policies that have made the United States of America the world's most powerful nation and its citizens increasingly prosperous and healthy ... Indeed, this principle has long been adhered to by presidents and administrations of both parties in forming and implementing policies. The administration of George W. Bush has, however, disregarded this principle ... The distortion of scientific knowledge for partisan political ends must cease." Bush completely ignored this statement.
In the two weeks preceding the storm in the Gulf, the trumping of science by ideology and expertise by special interests accelerated. The Federal Drug Administration announced that it was postponing sale of the morning-after contraceptive pill, despite overwhelming scientific evidence of its safety and its approval by the FDA's scientific advisory board. The United Nations special envoy for HIV/AIDS in Africa accused the Bush administration of responsibility for a condom shortage in Uganda -- the result of the administration's evangelical Christian agenda of "abstinence." When the chief of the Bureau of Justice Statistics in the Justice Department was ordered by the White House to delete its study that African-Americans and other minorities are subject to racial profiling in police traffic stops and he refused to buckle under, he was forced out of his job. When the Army Corps of Engineers' chief contracting oversight analyst objected to a $7 billion no-bid contract awarded for work in Iraq to Halliburton (the firm at which Vice President Cheney was formerly CEO), she was demoted despite her superior professional ratings. At the National Park Service, a former Cheney aide, a political appointee lacking professional background, drew up a plan to overturn past environmental practices and prohibit any mention of evolution while allowing sale of religious materials through the Park Service.
On the day the levees burst in New Orleans, Bush delivered a speech in Colorado comparing the Iraq war to World War II and himself to Franklin D. Roosevelt: "And he knew that the best way to bring peace and stability to the region was by bringing freedom to Japan." Bush had boarded his very own "Streetcar Named Desire."
Sidney Blumenthal, a former assistant and senior advisor to President Clinton and the author of "The Clinton Wars," is writing a column for Salon and the Guardian of London.

Code4
09-03-2005, 07:35 AM
I know this will probably piss some of you off, but the governments response to this is totally shameful. We take care of other countries faster than we take care of our own. You have a city where 45% of the people live below the poverty level. They dont have cars, let alone any extra money to get out with a day and a half notice. Alot did what they were told, to go to the Superdome for shelter, and they still have not been given the bare necessities. THEY STILL HAVENT EVEN RECEIVED ANY WATER! The government, including FEMA, knew on Saturday it was a category 5 storm. You would think that they would have been preparing to supply the victims with necessities, no matter where the storm struck. But the FEMA director is on TV last night, and he was asked why hasnt any water been given to the victims. His response was he just found out yesterday that there was a problem with a lack of food and water for the people. WTF? He is the head of FEMA, and he didnt know that the people in a city under water with no water, electricity, or anything else needed help? We need people that know how to handle an emergency.
Dont get me wrong, I think the looters, rapists, hijackers of boats, etc, should be shot. And the people that had the ability to get out should have. But again, what do they show on the news? A middle aged man who broke into a pharmacy to get much needed medication for himself getting arrested. And the guys stealing computers and TVs that they will never be able to use walk away. Stupid! They said that even the police have to loot for their own food and water. And people are still on rooftops, needing to be rescued.
To me it is a total wake up call, that if a large disaster happens, do not rely on anyone to help you. You will be on your own.

Blown 472
09-03-2005, 07:38 AM
And why is El Salavador sending troops???

DCBob
09-03-2005, 07:43 AM
I know this will probably piss some of you off, but the governments response to this is totally shameful. We take care of other countries faster than we take care of our own. You have a city where 45% of the people live below the poverty level. They dont have cars, let alone any extra money to get out with a day and a half notice. Alot did what they were told, to go to the Superdome for shelter, and they still have not been given the bare necessities. THEY STILL HAVENT EVEN RECEIVED ANY WATER! The government, including FEMA, knew on Saturday it was a category 5 storm. You would think that they would have been preparing to supply the victims with necessities, no matter where the storm struck. But the FEMA director is on TV last night, and he was asked why hasnt any water been given to the victims. His response was he just found out yesterday that there was a problem with a lack of food and water for the people. WTF? He is the head of FEMA, and he didnt know that the people in a city under water with no water, electricity, or anything else needed help? We need people that know how to handle an emergency.
Dont get me wrong, I think the looters, rapists, hijackers of boats, etc, should be shot. And the people that had the ability to get out should have. But again, what do they show on the news? A middle aged man who broke into a pharmacy to get much needed medication for himself getting arrested. And the guys stealing computers and TVs that they will never be able to use walk away. Stupid! They said that even the police have to loot for their own food and water. And people are still on rooftops, needing to be rescued.
To me it is a total wake up call, that if a large disaster happens, do not rely on anyone to help you. You will be on your own.
Me thinks you may be right :idea:

beer hunter
09-03-2005, 07:45 AM
Rudy would get crushed by this also.
That was a concentrated area of devistation. This is hundreds of miles of many different types of problems. Hundreds of cities and townships. Tens of thousands of people affected. They just need help it doesn't matter who's at fault or who's right or wrong. :(
Wow, I normally read most of your posts (the political ones that is) with disgust but this one is right on the money :cool:

lucky
09-03-2005, 07:47 AM
Once again -- here is how i feel !!!!!!! I feel everyone blames are goverment , for everything - It's been said a few times in these threads ..
GET UP OFF YOUR ASS AND GET IT DONE -- ALL THESE PEOPLE JUST WAITING for some one to blame , i watched the news for an hour and I could slap some of the people they interviewed -- The goverment officials told every one to get out before hand - but they stayed !!!! YOU MAY THINK I"M BEING HIGH AND MIGHTY -But ya know If it was me , I would not be SITTING AROUND waiting for some one to do somthing for me !!! I think the first priority's should be the hospitals and elderly homes ( take care of the ol folk / handicapped ) I think A MAN should take care of his Family do what's best for them - and waiting like the rest of the people does'nt seem like a great plan to me . I believe If you decided to stay - THen quit your bitching - YOU DECIEDED TO STAY - Don't blame the goverment - ! deal with it - you did it to yourself .... I see it was raining - ya want fresh water - harness the power of a tarp-- ya want fresh eat's rob a store or kill a varmit

Code4
09-03-2005, 08:47 AM
Once again -- here is how i feel !!!!!!! I feel everyone blames are goverment , for everything - It's been said a few times in these threads ..
GET UP OFF YOUR ASS AND GET IT DONE -- ALL THESE PEOPLE JUST WAITING for some one to blame , i watched the news for an hour and I could slap some of the people they interviewed -- The goverment officials told every one to get out before hand - but they stayed !!!! YOU MAY THINK I"M BEING HIGH AND MIGHTY -But ya know If it was me , I would not be SITTING AROUND waiting for some one to do somthing for me !!! I think the first priority's should be the hospitals and elderly homes ( take care of the ol folk / handicapped ) I think A MAN should take care of his Family do what's best for them - and waiting like the rest of the people does'nt seem like a great plan to me . I believe If you decided to stay - THen quit your bitching - YOU DECIEDED TO STAY - Don't blame the goverment - ! deal with it - you did it to yourself .... I see it was raining - ya want fresh water - harness the power of a tarp-- ya want fresh eat's rob a store or kill a varmit
And if you are poor, and you can barely afford to live, you dont own a car, they stopped public transportation out of the city, how are you supposed to get out? Get off your high horse. You along with most of the rest of us have the means to leave. 40% of the citizens there did not. Cant squeeze blood out of a turnip. Yeah, I would have been gone, no questions asked. But alot of people did not have the means. If you had the means, and didnt leave, then what you say is correct. Alot just were not able. Look at the big picture, just not from your perspective.

C-2
09-03-2005, 09:01 AM
And if you are poor, and you can barely afford to live, you dont own a car, they stopped public transportation out of the city, how are you supposed to get out? Get off your high horse. You along with most of the rest of us have the means to leave. 40% of the citizens there did not. Cant squeeze blood out of a turnip. Yeah, I would have been gone, no questions asked. But alot of people did not have the means. If you had the means, and didnt leave, then what you say is correct. Alot just were not able. Look at the big picture, just not from your perspective.
That's what I was wondering - how many people copuldn't get out, simply beacause they didn't have any transportation, or any clue about the severity of the storm. Just tragic.

AZKC
09-03-2005, 09:06 AM
Wow, I normally read most of your posts (the political ones that is) with disgust but this one is right on the money :cool:
:D Stop it your making me misty :D
Any of you heard the interview on CNN with the Mayor of New Orleans :jawdrop: :jawdrop: Holy Crap this guy took off the gloves and was telling it how it is.

lucky
09-03-2005, 09:10 AM
my grandparents walked from new york to california in the 1890's - imigrants off the boat - they didn't take the Muni bus ???
My point is People DEPEND on the the goverment - I was taught to depend on myself and Blame no one for my Actions - It really pissed me off watching the news and what these people where bitching about dirty bathrooms --- we knew about the hurricane , we didn't know about the sunomi - and It wasn't our responsibility ! The goverment did what it could to help ...

Sleek-Jet
09-03-2005, 09:11 AM
Now that the finger points has really started in earnest...
I was doing a little research trying to pin down exactly when the leavy's broke and came accross an interview with a couple emergency service experts. Their opinion??? As soon as Katrina started making her way towards the gulf coast, NO city govt' should have started getting people out, a full two days before the evacuation order was given. They made the point that the city govt' knew how many people didn't have a means of leaving the city, yet didn't give themselves enough time to help those people out.
Of course this is all hindsite at this point. Katrina had weakened somewhat as it made landfall, falling back to a category 4 storm. I watched the news all night Saturday into Sunday and most of the NO area was reletively unscathed, experts were breathing a sigh of relief that the center of the storm had passed east of NO... and then the leavy's broke.
In the end it's all going to be the Fed's fault somehow, it always is. But from where I sit, all of the gov't agencies; local, state, and federal dropped the ball on this one.

beer hunter
09-03-2005, 09:13 AM
Here are a couple of pics that I just saw on TV of some huge caravans of relief supplies and national guardsmen moving into the city of New Orleans. :)
Oh, some of the local thugs have been starting fires in the city…I hope they’re shot dead so as to set an example to the other f#ckheads that this BS will not be tolerated. :eat:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2249Cavalry_2.bmp
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2249Cavalry_1.bmp

Poster X
09-03-2005, 09:17 AM
The roads and highways out of New Orleans and surrounding Parrish's were clogged. Air tranportation was ceased. Public transportation was ceased. Everyone that could get out, did.
FEMA bragged on CNN and Fox before the disaster, and when they thought it was going to hit New Orleans head on, that they were completely prepared and "ahead of the game." This realistically insured a lot of confidence in FEMA by people staying behind.
The hurricane didn't kill thousands of people in New Orleans. Lack of preparation and disorganization killed thousands of people in New Orleans.
Louisiana legislators begged for more money to prevent this disaster before it happened. In actuality US Army Corps of Engineers funds in Louisiana were cut over 20% to help pay the billion dollar a day habit we have in Iraq.
Turning your back on these victims is no different than turning your back on the victims of the earthquake that devastated San Francisco, the victims of Mt St Helens or the victims of the massive Tsunami of late.
This is a poor test of Homeland Security and FEMA in joint tactile implementation.

mirvin
09-03-2005, 09:17 AM
I don't know Code4......You do have a point, but I gotta say that if I didn't have the "means" to evacuate on Saturday when the government said to, I would have walked my ass outta there. Hell, everyone that decided to stay ended up swiming out anyway. Then they have the gall to complain when the situation gets bad??
WHen push comes to shove you gotta "HELP" yourself. THere's too many people who really need help like the elderly and the sick. If you just chose not to leave cuz you didn't have a car your outta luck. Just like an emergency room or a trauma situation you get help based on your immediate "need".
I was watching an interview with some people who had been moved from the Superdome to the Astrodome. All they could do was complain about how the nurse had an attitude and how the army food was awful:notam:
Personally, I'm rethinking the "3 to 5 days of emergency supplies" thing. If (when) we have a giant earthquake here in Cali that may not be enough.....
mirvin

lucky
09-03-2005, 09:25 AM
I don't know Code4......You do have a point, but I gotta say that if I didn't have the "means" to evacuate on Saturday when the government said to, I would have walked my ass outta there. Hell, everyone that decided to stay ended up swiming out anyway. Then they have the gall to complain when the situation gets bad??
WHen push comes to shove you gotta "HELP" yourself. THere's too many people who really need help like the elderly and the sick. If you just chose not to leave cuz you didn't have a car your outta luck. Just like an emergency room or a trauma situation you get help based on your immediate "need".
I was watching an interview with some people who had been moved from the Superdome to the Astrodome. All they could do was complain about how the nurse had an attitude and how the army food was awful:notam:
Personally, I'm rethinking the "3 to 5 days of emergency supplies" thing. If (when) we have a giant earthquake here in Cali that may not be enough.....
mirvin
thank you , --- yea that lady needed to be slapped ...

Sleek-Jet
09-03-2005, 09:26 AM
This is a poor test of Homeland Security and FEMA in joint tactile implementation.
Since when has Homeland Security been charted for disaster relief???

Poster X
09-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Emergencies & Disasters
Preparing America
In the event of a terrorist attack, natural disaster or other large-scale emergency, the Department of Homeland Security will assume primary responsibility on March 1st for ensuring that emergency response professionals are prepared for any situation. This will entail providing a coordinated, comprehensive federal response to any large-scale crisis and mounting a swift and effective recovery effort. The new Department will also prioritize the important issue of citizen preparedness. Educating America's families on how best to prepare their homes for a disaster and tips for citizens on how to respond in a crisis will be given special attention at DHS.

Sleek-Jet
09-03-2005, 09:36 AM
hmmmm... didn't know that, thanks.

mirvin
09-03-2005, 09:59 AM
"Arrainged"???? He was operating the "Hurricane Machine" personally. He diliberately steered the hurricane around FLORIDA:D and then brought it ashore without causing any damage to TEXAS :D
Those hurricane machines aren't easy mind you......that took some skillz.
mirvin :confused:

Wally_Gator
09-03-2005, 11:01 AM
I don't know if this has been said alread but here goes..
States rights are guaranteed in the Constitution. One fo the things that the founding fathers wanted was separation of state and federal rights.
In this case the Fed can get everything ready, but until the state requests the help, the help basically stays put.
There are common sense actions that take place as understood. FEMA gets ready. Congress gets ready. A disaster has to be declared both at the state and federal level. State needs to INFORM the fed as to where the help is needed.
What about the thousands of people sent to the convention center and the Guard did not know people were being sent there.
Louisanna government needs to get off of its ass and direct the relief effort to the right areas...

vdrivenman
09-03-2005, 11:50 AM
how many of you have ever been to the Crescent City?
this is totally different lifestyle & perspective on life. Live for today !! for the moment !
we are not dealing with the sharpest tools in the shed. the people who failed to get out are the problem.by having to redirect a preservation operation to a rescue operation ate up the crucial resources & time.
the inabilty to communicate effectively either by radio or phone once again as in 911 created havoc. i understand some people just did not have the means. elderly, handicapped. i see people walking through water carrying infants & children. I would at all or any cost get my children out. lack of value for their own life or for anyone elses.
they are stopiing at rest areas in Texas to be allowed to use the restrooms, eat,drink, and relax. Then they are REFUSING to get back on the buses and be taken to shelters where food, showers, beds, and a/c await them. what is their excuse for this?
our calls for service and arrest have risen immediately following the relocation process. people trying to get into cars at intersections,begging & then threatening people when they don't respond.
buses have been checked at the rest areas that are reported stolen with 40-60 people on them,but they took the initative to get out. a stolen cargo truck came through with 40 people on it mostly children and infants. i beleive that if you want something bad enough you will do what is necessary.
people rely to much on the SYSTEM to bail their butts out in a jam ! you have a choice live with it.
al sharptons racially charges bullshit speak sayz more than enough about him.
why does it always have to be about race!
interstate 10 was not clogged or blocked. Texas dps and local LE had on rampsblocked and held as much of it open as possible.

Freak
09-03-2005, 12:30 PM
this is totally different lifestyle & perspective on life. Live for today !! for the moment !
we are not dealing with the sharpest tools in the shed. the people who failed to get out are the problem.by having to redirect a preservation operation to a rescue operation ate up the crucial resources & time.
the inabilty to communicate effectively either by radio or phone once again as in 911 created havoc. i understand some people just did not have the means. elderly, handicapped. i see people walking through water carrying infants & children. I would at all or any cost get my children out. lack of value for their own life or for anyone elses.
they are stopiing at rest areas in Texas to be allowed to use the restrooms, eat,drink, and relax. Then they are REFUSING to get back on the buses and be taken to shelters where food, showers, beds, and a/c await them. what is their excuse for this?
our calls for service and arrest have risen immediately following the relocation process. people trying to get into cars at intersections,begging & then threatening people when they don't respond.
buses have been checked at the rest areas that are reported stolen with 40-60 people on them,but they took the initative to get out. a stolen cargo truck came through with 40 people on it mostly children and infants. i beleive that if you want something bad enough you will do what is necessary.
people rely to much on the SYSTEM to bail their butts out in a jam ! you have a choice live with it.
All the places that are accepting the refugees better get ready for a serious jump in crime. I have already read of problems in Baton Rouge. The cops will be cracking some serious skulls for some time and probably be made out as the bad guy. Go figure.
In my twisted mind I have had the feeling that the powers in charge were deliberately waiting as long as possible to see if they would kill each other off so they would not have to deal with them.

Jyruiz
09-03-2005, 12:34 PM
And here is another idiot blaming Bush for what is happening.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050902/ap_on_re_us/katrina_jackson_hk4
More race bullshit.

Freak
09-03-2005, 12:41 PM
More race bullshit.
I wondered when he would rear his ugly face. That guy is only concerned about himself. He is a bad deal for everyone.

voodooCanoe
09-03-2005, 12:51 PM
More race bullshit.
Jesse Jackson is a F**kin' idiot :devil: I beleive Regan said " you would be amazed how much can get done when no one is worried who gets the credit"
The same should be said about the blame. If 1/2 of the able bodied people complaining would get off their ass and start helping out things would get better sooner!

Jyruiz
09-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Jesse Jackson is a F**kin' idiot
He sure is, he only shows his stupid ass when there is national media coverage.

Seadog
09-03-2005, 01:11 PM
Too many of the people of New Orleans are of the 'You gotta take care of me, you owe my black azz' mentality. There are a lot of nice people there, but they have some serious social and political problems there. You cannot expect anyone to walk out of New Orleans to a place of help. But a lot of the people who stayed could have left. They had the usual excuses. They couldn't get everyone in the vehicle, or they had no where to go. Fats Domino had the money and places to go, and they had to boat him out. The city could have made arrangements with dozens of cities, Houston, Shrevesport, Baton Rouge, Jackson and Dallas/Fort Worth to house victims. Buses could have been brought in to haul them. This was a city responsibility and the state could have assisted. Instead, it was 'let the feds handle it'.

bordsmnj
09-03-2005, 01:13 PM
i have much respect for some black americans i know. i call them friend with pride.jesse jackson however is a dumb nigger.i'm not politically correct but thats a fact.
now whats this i hear about new orleans being a federal problem? what was their STATE doing to prepare for this huricane business? is it a liberal state?
if so let the rats swim. what was that states unemployment rate? so we needed money to pay for war wasn't a terrorist attack the first and second most likely disaster to happen on us soil?well gee which fire do we put out first? many folks also claim bush is now making a killing off of oil.he's been making a killing off oil. thats free enterprise and hey i need the oil too.lets see the price of a barrel of oil jumped say 30% and the price at the pump went up 25% pre-hurricane?
i sick of the liberal media exploiting any and everything that happens into another attack on bush.
i don't ever wanna see what happens when some liberal cocksucker takes office and signs the kyoto treaty. the price of gas will double again and you might as well sell all your toys. you won't be allowed by law to put gas in them.
Bush isn't the greatest guy in the world but his crew has their own money. when some liberal politician gets in office YOUR money is going to be their money.
if your reading this thread you probably come from a simular social and financial backround to mine,the one that supports most of the free world. what do you want to do about it?

Poster X
09-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Instead, it was 'let the feds handle it'.
Which they didn't.
New Orleans has about a quarter million indigents. That's 5,000 buses. The average area rapid transit for a city of more than a million has less than 200 full sized buses. You have two days to organize it, get the buses, get the people on the buses and get them out. Go to it. By the way, you will have effectively shut down every mass transportation organization in a 1000 mile radius. Let's see how good you are? It would take you one day with a staff just to look up all the numbers. Much less get to the right person, get the waivers signed, raise the money and move a bus. Get to it Mr Awesome.

mirvin
09-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Which they didn't.
New Orleans has about a quarter million indigents. That's 5,000 buses. The average area rapid transit for a city of more than a million is less than 200 full sized buses. You have two days to organize it, get the buses, get the people on the buses and get them out. Go to it. By the way, you will have effectively shut down every mass transportation organization in a 1000 mile radius. Let's see how good you are? It would take you one day with a staff just to look up all the numbers. Much less get to the right person, get the waivers signed, raise the money and move a bus. Get to it Mr Awesome.
SO you expect the Feds to puff magic out of thin air and do what you claim to be impossible???

Poster X
09-03-2005, 01:33 PM
I expected the feds to have food, medicine and water to drop by helicopter immediately after the hurricane. No more. No less.

mirvin
09-03-2005, 01:38 PM
I expected the feds to have food, medicine and water to drop by helicopter immediately after the hurricane. No more. No less.
Good Idea.....drop dry goods into LAKE NEW ORLEANS....Genius.....The rest of the disaster is NINETY THOUSAND SQUARE MILES. You can't just start dropping shit.
If the local gov can't take care of the people and the people can't take care of the people what do you expect from the Feds???
mirvin

Schiada76
09-03-2005, 02:08 PM
Really?
Why the feds f**ktard?
They didn't drop any in Florida after Andrew, they didn't drop any in my neighborhood after the last quake, they haven't dropped any in Mississippi or Alabama. I must admit though I can't remember if they dropped any in the entire state of Washington after Mt St Helens.
Did they?
Oh yeah it's all Bushes fault, Al Franken told me so. :D

Riverkid
09-03-2005, 02:17 PM
If the local gov can't take care of the people and the people can't take care of the people what do you expect from the Feds???
mirvin
Run with it. I think you're onto something right there... Totally agree with that.

bordsmnj
09-03-2005, 02:18 PM
al frankin says"al frankin's a FAG"

lucky
09-03-2005, 02:29 PM
did you know you can drink your own urine up to two times before it's toxic enough to kill ya ???

98 Vector 21
09-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Its going to take some time and you just need to always be prapaired at all times to take care of your self or loved ones for several days there is no part of the US that is imuned for some sort of a disater...at any given time....

Schiada76
09-03-2005, 03:17 PM
did you know you can drink your own urine up to two times before it's toxic enough to kill ya ???
Of course he does!
He just does it until it makes him dizzy. :rolleyes:

Wicky
09-03-2005, 11:44 PM
That's what I was wondering - how many people copuldn't get out, simply beacause they didn't have any transportation, or any clue about the severity of the storm. Just tragic.
I don't want to be harsh but, sounds like natural selection by the words you have used. Think about it.
Wicky

Wicky
09-03-2005, 11:55 PM
interstate 10 was not clogged or blocked. Texas dps and local LE had on rampsblocked and held as much of it open as possible.
Natural selection at it's finest!!! Too bad Jesus Jackson and Sharpton weren't in the back of the herd!!!