PDA

View Full Version : had a gun pulled on me today

ryantparks
12-15-2005, 11:03 PM
A little road rage on the 10 N that eventually went to MLK blvd near USC and this black guy in a mercedes e-320 with his 3-4 year old daughter in the back seat pulls a 9mm on me out his window. I just about sh*t my pants with my passenger and quickly slammed on my brakes and he continued. I got the 1st 4 letters of is license plate and called 911 but I dont know if it did any good.
Bottom line is that I learned my lesson and wont be messing with people on roads, it just isnt worth it.

RiverToysJas
12-15-2005, 11:08 PM
Well At least you learned your lesson. ;) AND, you can rest easy now......That guy is definately not going to be allowed to post here! ;) J/K!
BTW .... Glad noone was hurt!
RTJas :D

djunkie
12-15-2005, 11:08 PM
A little road rage on the 10 N that eventually went to MLK blvd near USC and this black guy in a mercedes e-320 with his 3-4 year old daughter in the back seat pulls a 9mm on me out his window. I just about sh*t my pants with my passenger and quickly slammed on my brakes and he continued. I got the 1st 4 letters of is license plate and called 911 but I dont know if it did any good.
Bottom line is that I learned my lesson and wont be messing with people on roads, it just isnt worth it.
Years ago when I was 16 years old I had a similar experience. I was at my grandparents place of business to pick up my uncle. He went inside to use the restroom real quick and a car pulled into the parking lot. A guy(noticeably intoxicated) steps out of the cars with a pistol pointed at me. He started to rant over something complaining about punk kids and was blaming me for what ever happened to him.
I'm not one to step down when I am called out. But I'll tell you since that night I learned to not trust ANY stranger. When someone cuts me off I don't chase them down. I just bite my tongue and try to let it go. Tough guys don't always win and I'm sure karma will get that asshole.

H20 Toie
12-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Lucky you didn't end up on the news tonight.

Kilrtoy
12-15-2005, 11:23 PM
WHAT ARE THE FIRST FOUR OF THE PLATE

OGShocker
12-15-2005, 11:24 PM
SICK'EM BULLDOG!
Goodnight.

KACHINA KEN
12-15-2005, 11:36 PM
I saw the whole thing Miguel and I got the full plate. It said KILWHTY :p

ROZ
12-16-2005, 12:10 AM
. When someone cuts me off I don't chase them down. I just bite my tongue and try to let it go. Tough guys don't always win and I'm sure karma will get that asshole.
To help ease my anger, I say to myself that that person must have a serious emergency(like hospital) for him/her to drive that erradically.
Doesn't always help. In those cases I damn them to hell and pray for a cop to see pull them over since they've just put my family in jeopardy :D

my21advantage
12-16-2005, 12:26 AM
:boxingguy at leat Miguel doesn't have anything to worry about :D

topless
12-16-2005, 03:32 AM
What did you learn your lesson about? Did you do something to piss him off like going 65 in th fast lane or something?

JackieV
12-16-2005, 03:57 AM
Maybe it was Topless on her PERIOD. lol
I wuv you lady. :p

Run_em_Hard
12-16-2005, 05:09 AM
I had the same thing happen to me here in Utah about four years ago. he pulled it after a little road war between us and I passed him. I slowed back down and let him pass me than got his plate and passed him again. I went to the sherriffs office. They ended up finding him in Idaho and I had to go in and do a line-up. That'll teach him to fuk around.

JetBoatRich
12-16-2005, 06:18 AM
Not worth it to confrant people on road rage :mad: slow down and let them move on.
Last week I was driving our RV and some guy turns right in front of me, I hit the brakes hard and a quick honk. He went off and got next to us, I waved and laughed. Guess he realized no big deal, so he did the same on moved on.

THOR
12-16-2005, 06:59 AM
Wow! A gun pulled near USC. I just cant believe that would happen in such a nice area.
Sorry brother.

Flying Tiger
12-16-2005, 07:17 AM
The lead in the air is sometimes thick around here too.
My RV gate:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3812S2k_010-med.jpg

azgfboatgirl
12-16-2005, 07:18 AM
Were you talking on your cell phone again while you were driving? You know that can piss peolple off Ryan... :)

2Driver
12-16-2005, 08:16 AM
That area is scary enough anyway.
I remember having to call on the AAA of So Cal when their headquarters were there. We had a meeting the day the 3 guys that beat up that truck driver during the riots were to be sentenced. We were on alert to evacuate the building in case the streets lit up again. You could feel the tension in the air :220v: Fock I don't miss that $hit.

HocusPocus
12-16-2005, 08:32 AM
The lead in the air is sometimes thick around here too.
My RV gate:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3812S2k_010-med.jpg
sorry i had to take a shot at you... but you didn't sell me your RC truck.
i had no choice. :cool:

slingingsmoke
12-16-2005, 08:34 AM
NA...u just need a bigger gun than him or a F-250 and ram the shizzle out of his benzo.

a catered life
12-16-2005, 08:45 AM
ok nows thats funny as hell

a catered life
12-16-2005, 08:48 AM
Not worth it to confrant people on road rage :mad: slow down and let them move on.
Last week I was driving our RV and some guy turns right in front of me, I hit the brakes hard and a quick honk. He went off and got next to us, I waved and laughed. Guess he realized no big deal, so he did the same on moved on.
naw i think he reliazed who he had just cut off and was like holly crap.thats mr december, mr post count leader, one of the great moderiators of roost...i better show some respect

SummitKarl
12-16-2005, 09:21 AM
I hope the cops took it seriously, a loaded weapon in a car is a BIG, HUGE issue, I don't know for sure but I think it is a felony in Ca. and brandishing a loaded weapon from a car has just got to be a felony.
This is a good part of the reason I moved out of So.Cal, Road rage everywhere all the time, and I was beginning to behave the same way :220v:
glad I got out of that mess, when someone honks at you in LHC it's usually to wave and say hello :)

2Driver
12-16-2005, 09:32 AM
I hope the cops took it seriously, a loaded weapon in a car is a BIG, HUGE issue, I don't know for sure but I think it is a felony in Ca. and brandishing a loaded weapon from a car has just got to be a felony.
This is a good part of the reason I moved out of So.Cal, Road rage everywhere all the time, and I was beginning to behave the same way :220v:
glad I got out of that mess, when someone honks at you in LHC it's usually to wave and say hello :)
You are much safer taking your chances with the knife fights in the channel :D

SummitKarl
12-16-2005, 09:38 AM
You are much safer taking your chances with the knife fights in the channel :D
I wouldn't know I rarely go there on the weekends anymore :cry:

2Driver
12-16-2005, 09:51 AM
I wouldn't know I rarely go there on the weekends anymore :cry:
This will date me:
I can remember swimming in the channel in the evening with my dog while waiting for a LHC airlines flight to come in. It buzzed the channel on final approch and that was my key to jump in the CJ-5 (soaking wet) with the pooch to pick up my wife at the airport. "Thems" were good days my friend