PDA

View Full Version : This sucks!

BUSBY
09-03-2005, 06:35 PM
This sucks knowing that everyone else is out at the river (Blythe, Big River, Parker, Havasu, or wherever ... ) and I'm having to stay home to work on my boat to get it ready for the race coming up ... :yuk:
Yup ... it sucks!

steelcomp
09-03-2005, 06:44 PM
Quitcher whining! At least you can see the light at the end of your hydro. I'm here, no parts got delivered this week, can't do much, and goin no where. If you were closer, I'd come over with a box o' beer and help ya! :D

steelcomp
09-03-2005, 06:45 PM
BTW...you're right...it does suck!! :mad:

Squirtin Thunder
09-03-2005, 07:11 PM
What sucks more is thrashing to get it done tonight !!!
Because you have no time tomarrow, and friends from Texasss are going to be here when I get back from Barstow !!! :yuk:

Cas
09-03-2005, 07:28 PM
what really sucks is losing everything you own, have no place to go, nothing to eat, nothing to drink, no more job, not even a building where your job was...yep, it really sucks having to stay home to work on a boat.......

IMPATIENT 1
09-03-2005, 07:39 PM
what really sucks is losing everything you own, have no place to go, nothing to eat, nothing to drink, no more job, not even a building where your job was...yep, it really sucks having to stay home to work on a boat.......
the man's got a point!

steelcomp
09-03-2005, 08:58 PM
So you're on your way to NO this weekwnd, I guess. :notam:

Squirtin Thunder
09-03-2005, 09:15 PM
Nope I am not staying hme working on it, I am goin out and having a good time. We have friends comin from Texass. Then in a few weeks after Ming I will actually be headed right across the border from New Orleans to help my wifes sister. With what not quite sure yet. But her house is pritty messed up from the reports Donna got from her mom. I know we will be doin a Harley salvage.

BUSBY
09-03-2005, 09:55 PM
I guess he's hip to all of our situations ... :notam:
I figure that the hurricane must have really been rough up there in Nor Cal :hammer2:
Hey Cas ... I guess you haven't been having people call you every hour on the hour asking if you're comin' out for the past two days, have you?
It's not so bad working on it cheesewad, it's having everyone rub it in your face that you can't go ... and that sucks regardless of any situation elsewhere IMO :mad:
And Scott ... it is a 3 day weekend ... with plenty of time :idea: bring on the beer ...

BUSBY
09-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Nope I am not staying hme working on it, I am goin out and having a good time. We have friends comin from Texass. Then in a few weeks after Ming I will actually be headed right across the border from New Orleans to help my wifes sister. With what not quite sure yet. But her house is pritty messed up from the reports Donna got from her mom. I know we will be doin a Harley salvage.
As I said Jim, he must not be hip to all of our situations ... :hammerhea
I guess America isn't allowed to think of having fun any fun anymore ... I look at a guy like crf and if he can start thinking about rebuilding his ride ... why can't we? :squiggle:

Jim Brock
09-03-2005, 11:15 PM
I am staying home this weekend to work on my race boat also, Jim

sdpm
09-04-2005, 05:27 AM
I am staying home aswell this weekend to work on my raceboat too. :eek:

Zeug
09-04-2005, 05:36 AM
I wish I was doing anything with my boat. Instead I am moving out of my house for the last 9 years and into a condo. Yeehaa!
Who know my house would sell in one day and now I have till Jan before the new house is built.
:messedup: :messedup:

BUSBY
09-04-2005, 06:32 AM
Neil & Jim ...
I guess that's why we go as fast as we do :D ... because we all skip the river trips anymore?
But I guess that's because we have race boats instead of river baots ... :jawdrop:
(I know when everyone gets back ... that'll fire 'em up! :D ... that's what they get for calling me and rubbin' it in!)
See you guys in a couple of weeks ... I'm gettin' excited!
Brian

Willis
09-04-2005, 08:24 AM
Brian,
how many more BGJ boats do you know of coming to the track Sept. 2005
:jawdrop:
Willis

Cas
09-04-2005, 08:25 AM
we all have our own "situations" but I'm guessing they are pretty much trivial compared to what those people are going through.
As far as I myself going to NO, not yet but have been looking into when would be the best time to go. In the meantime, we've spent the last couple of days putting together some care packages with children's clothes, adult clothes, toiletries, stuffed animals, anything that will help and/or put a smile on someone's face....even for a couple of minutes.

steelcomp
09-04-2005, 08:30 AM
I guess he's hip to all of our situations ... :notam:
I figure that the hurricane must have really been rough up there in Nor Cal :hammer2:
Hey Cas ... I guess you haven't been having people call you every hour on the hour asking if you're comin' out for the past two days, have you?
It's not so bad working on it cheesewad, it's having everyone rub it in your face that you can't go ... and that sucks regardless of any situation elsewhere IMO :mad:
And Scott ... it is a 3 day weekend ... with plenty of time :idea: bring on the beer ...
Actually, I have plenty to do on the boat itself. Seats to mount, relocate throttle, reinstall rails, finish pump, etc. I really want to be at Ming in 3 wks. So I guess I'm workin on my boat, too!! I'm meeting a guy this AM that might want to buy my other trailer, as well.
I have plenty to do! I figure this year I rebuild the boat, next year I play!! Besides, summer's long from over in these parts. :D

Wicked Performance Boats
09-04-2005, 08:54 AM
You pass up cold beer for working on your own boat! You're dedicated Steel! I'd drink cold beer anytime. You can work on your boat when you sober up. :D Budlight

sdpm
09-04-2005, 08:59 AM
Hey Budlight, who said you can't work on your boat and drink beer at the same time? :D

steelcomp
09-04-2005, 09:11 AM
You pass up cold beer for working on your own boat! You're dedicated Steel! I'd drink cold beer anytime. You can work on your boat when you sober up. :D Budlight
LOL!!! I have all day sober to Sunday up!! :D
Gettin 'er dun!

steelcomp
09-04-2005, 09:17 AM
Hey Budlight, who said you can't work on your boat and drink beer at the same time? :D
I try and avoid that...makes for too many of those "guess what happened to me this weekend" or "no oil presure, boat making funny noise, or boat won't run" stories. :D

Jeanyus
09-04-2005, 09:24 AM
I'll be working on my lake boat also. If I take out the passenger, seats does that make it a race boat ?

BUSBY
09-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Brian,
how many more BGJ boats do you know of coming to the track Sept. 2005
:jawdrop:
Willis
With you I think there will be 5 ... maybe 6 if Mike Finnegan doesn't go an a honeymoon ... :D

BUSBY
09-04-2005, 12:31 PM
Actually, I have plenty to do on the boat itself. Seats to mount, relocate throttle, reinstall rails, finish pump, etc. I really want to be at Ming in 3 wks. So I guess I'm workin on my boat, too!! I'm meeting a guy this AM that might want to buy my other trailer, as well.
I have plenty to do! I figure this year I rebuild the boat, next year I play!! Besides, summer's long from over in these parts. :D
Oh well ... I guess I'll have to do it all myself. ;)
I've heli-coiled the block & got the heads back on this morning ... went over to Chet's and got new roller lifters ... and now it's time to fix the engine hoist ... I'm off to get 2 new wheels for the ol' cherry picker ... the electric hoist took a crap last race :(
I guess that's enough for me today ... I've got a new engine back together! Woo Hoo! Off to drink beer!
Engine install tomorrow :D
More updates tomorrow!
P.S. Willis, you should come by Ron's ... we should have a few cold ones on ice ... nothing better than Saturday afternoon bench racin'! Give him a call ... (714) 526-3466 or me on my cell (714) 448-4345 ... I'll be over there on a couple of hours, BBQ later today! :D I also saw your picture up on the wall over at Chet's ... you sly dog!

BUSBY
09-04-2005, 12:32 PM
I'll be working on my lake boat also. If I take out the passenger, seats does that make it a race boat ?
I heard at Big River & Blythe that's what they consider a race boat! :jawdrop:
:D

Wicked Performance Boats
09-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Steel, What I mean is ,I don't start in the morning drinking, [unless I'm at the river ] But later on when I'm starting to taper down, I start pounding a few! But never when assembling an engine. I also drink and type at the same time! Budlight :D

steelcomp
09-04-2005, 07:07 PM
Steel, What I mean is ,I don't start in the morning drinking, [unless I'm at the river ] But later on when I'm starting to taper down, I start pounding a few! But never when assembling an engine. I also drink and type at the same time! Budlight :D
I know that...you're not one of those I was talking about. Yur stuff is always tight. But drinking and typing...IIiiiiiii dunno, Pat. I think I'm gonna call ya on that one. :rolleyes: :D

Wicked Performance Boats
09-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Ok ya caught me! I'm drinking milk with dinner as I type. My wife was nice enough to bring me dinner while I'm on Just Jets. They don't come any better! Budlight :smile:

plaster dave
09-06-2005, 08:05 PM
Does anyone know how fast this jet boat is?http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010028.JPG

BUSBY
09-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Does anyone know how fast this jet boat is?http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010028.JPG
No ... why?
Did he put you on the trailer this weekend?

plaster dave
09-06-2005, 09:15 PM
HELL NO I beat him then he sprayed me"on accident" J/K Willis check your pm's damn it.

BUSBY
09-06-2005, 09:16 PM
Well ... here's an update for everyone who didn't go out this weekend ...
I guess this weekend didn't suck so much ... I ended up getting my engine back in my boat, which was a much better situation ...
I got everything done other than putting the headers on and oil in it ... so next weekend it'll fire! So ... it turned out that I'm pretty happy I stayed home.
MikeF showed up earlier on his way back from putting his boat back in storage to give me the low down on the happenings at the river ... it sounds like everyone had a good time, except for Brad (screamdream) who found a rock bar and SmallFry who got pitched while makin' a good pass ...
Thanks for givin' me the low down Mike ...
So, it turned out to be a good weekend afterall ... so it didn't suck so bad ...
Brian