PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a VIOP phone?

BoatPI
09-04-2005, 02:24 PM
Now that I am hooked into fiber optic (Fios) online services I just got into VOIP (internet based) landline phone service. My system is Verizon VoiceWing. It was a bit%h to get going, but now works perfect. the trick stuff is online account manager with the ability to call forward, use the net as a voicemailbox, and playback from any computher in the world. Anyone else have a good experience?? Oh, and the cost is $29.95 per month unlimited calls no taxes as it is net based. All account services are included.
Thx on correction in typo

MagicMtnDan
09-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Uh, it's VOIP :jawdrop: (Voice Over IP [Internet Protocol])

sintax
09-05-2005, 11:51 PM
I've been with Packet8 for maybe a year and a half now. No major issues at all, my biggest issue was for the first few months I found that I'd have to reset my Data > analog box every so often (once every month or two). But since the latest firmware update was pushed to it by packet8 things have been super slick.
I think I pay $20 a month. I think they maybe $5 higher now, but i signed up when they had a deal when they first started.

HighRoller
09-06-2005, 12:08 AM
I have Vonage and didn't have a prob until I hooked up to the weak ass cable modem here. It runs half the speed of DSL and makes my phone choppy. I will never go back to regular phone service because I have umlimited local and long distance with an 877 number for 33 bucks. Beat that, local monopoly phone companies!!!! Sprint can kiss my ass. 75 bucks for local and LD with 300 minutes!!