PDA

View Full Version : Mechanix Gloves, do you use them?

Itsahobby
12-17-2002, 03:18 PM
Hi All,
I use latex gloves, but go through them like
crazy. I was thinking of getting a pair of the
Mechanix Gloves and was wondering if anyone uses
them and how long they last.
Thanks,
Jerry
2002 RaysonCraft
460 BBC

Jungle Boy
12-17-2002, 04:21 PM
They work great for checking plugs around hot headers. Buy a set, they're cheap.

Cole
12-17-2002, 05:44 PM
Not me,cant stand the way they feel,kind of like wearing a condom :D Cole
ps what kind of Rayson craft do you have,i have a 26'cat in the mold as we speak,although it was in the mold two b-days ago but whos bitching!! :confused:

Rayhill
12-17-2002, 05:54 PM
I agree they feel and smell like wearin condoms on your fingers. But if you got funky fingernails like mine they are the ticket. It takes me forever to get the crud out of my fingernails.

Aqua Boogie
12-17-2002, 06:15 PM
I feel the same way about the nail thing, but I like to use them. The only thing is when you're trying to get to small things, it hard to get to it. At times they can be alittle thick for smail nuts and bolts.

Itsahobby
12-17-2002, 06:24 PM
Cole:
Not me,cant stand the way they feel,kind of like wearing a condom :D Cole
ps what kind of Rayson craft do you have,i have a 26'cat in the mold as we speak,although it was in the mold two b-days ago but whos bitching!! :confused: Hi Cole,
My RaysonCraft is a 21' Daycruiser. It is based
on the GN Boat. I had it made and rigged by
DeFir Marine in Corbett OR.
Jerry

77charger
12-17-2002, 08:14 PM
When i build a motor i cant do it wearing gloves.Hands seem to bulky and i cant get the right feel for parts.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-17-2002, 11:05 PM
I love them but they do get to be a pain in the a$$ when your dealing with little nuts and bolts. I will never get rid of my pair. Of course since I work at autozone I just swap them out when they get to be a little dirty :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-17-2002, 11:05 PM
I love them but they do get to be a pain in the a$$ when your dealing with little nuts and bolts. I will never get rid of my pair. Of course since I work at autozone I just swap them out when they get to be a little dirty :D

superdave013
12-18-2002, 05:59 AM
I just wash my hands when I'm done. I wrench bareback baby!

Hotcrusader76
12-18-2002, 07:42 AM
These gloves are great for suspension type work, especially when it's cold outside.
Small parts; nuts, bolts, zip-ties. Forget it!

Itsahobby
12-18-2002, 08:44 AM
Thanks everyone.
I mainly need them when I'm doing tire rotations,
changing oil, etc. I have a problem with tearing
up my hands.
Thanks again,
Jerry

PC Rat
12-18-2002, 05:41 PM
I have a pair, but wasn't wearing them when I had to replace the trans in my Blazer. I was trying to break loose a bolt with a rachet and extention. The extention broke and I had a little encounter with the sharp heat shield. It cut my finger, across the knuckle, through some nerves and down to the bone. Although it didn't really hurt that bad, it made me kind of sick - probably from cutting the nerves - it was a terrible feeling. Anyway, I was all fixed up after a trip to the emergency room, some stitches, a splint for a week and a bill that cost a lot more than a pair of Mechanix gloves.

roco racing
12-18-2002, 05:47 PM
been there done that pc. still have no feeling where i cut myself, , stiches? come on thats what a butterfly bandage is for.i ususally wear gloves now in situations like that, but perfer bareback.

superdave013
12-18-2002, 10:15 PM
PC Rat:
I have a pair, but wasn't wearing them when I had to replace the trans in my Blazer. I was trying to break loose a bolt with a rachet and extention. The extention broke and I had a little encounter with the sharp heat shield. It cut my finger, across the knuckle, through some nerves and down to the bone. Although it didn't really hurt that bad, it made me kind of sick - probably from cutting the nerves - it was a terrible feeling. Anyway, I was all fixed up after a trip to the emergency room, some stitches, a splint for a week and a bill that cost a lot more than a pair of Mechanix gloves.I bet that bill was more then a good extention too. Remember, Life's to short for cheep tools. :D

PC Rat
12-19-2002, 05:16 PM
"I bet that bill was more then a good extention too. Remember, Life's to short for cheep tools.
"
Very true, went out and bought a nice Snap On extension the next week to finish the job.