PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Can't get my log out...

mondorally
09-05-2005, 09:40 AM
No, I'm not constipated, but thanks for caring. I'm replacing the Nicson logs on my BBC with some Lightnings and I can't get one side off. The manifolds is attached with studs to the block. Got the nuts off but the manifold will not budge. It appears to be bonded to the studs. I've soaked the studs & gasket with WD-40 (since yesterday), tried prying, pushing, whacking, etc. No luck......
Help!!!! I need suggestions.
Justin

mondorally
09-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the suggestion - got it off with a little persuasion (2"x4" & hammer).
Justin

DeputyDawg
09-05-2005, 11:00 AM
riodog posted--
Have you tried double nutting the studs and removing them entirely?
What he said.
Also, there is a product called PB Blaster that works way better than WD-40 for loosening stuff up. It can usually be found at Wal-Mart and automotive stores.

YeLLowBoaT
09-05-2005, 11:21 AM
you could try a little heat on the log itself, if the double nut trick does not work.

obnoxious001
09-05-2005, 11:39 AM
What he said.
Also, there is a product called PB Blaster that works way better than WD-40 for loosening stuff up. It can usually be found at Wal-Mart and automotive stores.
Beat me to it Dawg, PB Blaster is cool stuff! Actually, should say "warm stuff" since the catylitic action creates heat when it works. I have used it to free piston rings that are rusted to cylinder walls when a customers bring me engines that had water sitting in the cylinders for long periods of time.

JetBoatRich
09-05-2005, 12:31 PM
Have you tried double nutting the studs and removing them entirely?
Rio
The best way to do this :D and quicker than fighting it :sqeyes: also makes installation easier :rolleyes: