PDA

View Full Version : Kachina Will Never Grace the Pages of HB

***boateditor
09-05-2005, 04:55 PM
Kachina will never grace the pages of HB. ;) And I'm fine with that.
The quote above was from another thread slamming Hot Boat. (Seems as if our reviews are biased toward advertisers...Hmmm, I wonder if Advantage would agree with that.)
I actually enjoy reading readers' impressions of my publication, both positive and negative. As the editor, I have a unique perspective about them; I may not always agree, but it's always fascinating to gauge public opinion...even when it's occasionally a load of dingo's kidneys.
See, I happen to really like Kachina and its boats, and I can't think of a time a Reader Ride has been submitted to me that I haven't used it. Louie Majors has always impressed me as a giant in this industry, and I'm always excited when I get a chance to test one of his models. The company's 25' Icon was one of the first boats I wrote about when I started here 10 years ago. ("Surrogate Swimmer" was owned by Richard Maiocco, a retired law-enforcement officer with the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.) A gorgeous boat.
So I can't resist adding a few "islands of truth" of my own. Let's just say that Kachina will NEVER grace the pages of HB...except for:
March 1996
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2898kachina3-96.jpg
May 2000
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2898kachina5-00.jpg
January 2001
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2898kachina1-01.jpg
July 2001
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2898kachina7-01.jpg
September 2001
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2898kachina9-01.jpg
March 2002
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2898kachina3-02.jpg
March 2003
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2898kachina3-03.jpg
November 2004
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2898kachina11-04.jpg
And, of course, all of the future articles we publish about them.
And any others we've run in the past. These were just the ones I happened to dig up.

Tom Brown
09-05-2005, 04:58 PM
hmmmmm... maybe I should send in pictures of my 28 year old Carlson. :idea:
I think it's really neat that an actual magazine guy is hanging out on the forum. It's one of the reasons I just subscribed.

***boateditor
09-05-2005, 05:00 PM
hmmmmm... maybe I should send in pictures of my 28 year old Carlson. :idea:
No, no, don't do that. You'll never see a Carlson gracing the pages of HB. Just ask Kachina26! :p

Rexone
09-05-2005, 05:01 PM
...even when it's occasionally a load of dingo's kidneys.
Brett you've been hanging out with Tom Brown haven't you? :D

***boateditor
09-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Brett you've been hanging out with Tom Brown haven't you? :D
No, but I'm an admirer of the company:
Tom Brown Inc. (http://www.encana.com/TomBrown/images/tombrown_logo.gif)

Rexone
09-05-2005, 05:05 PM
I knew Tom was heavily into gas but I had no idea. :)

BarryMac
09-05-2005, 05:10 PM
I've never seen a Carrera JetBoat either... ;) :( :cry: :D
Tom Brown sucks!!! ;)

Rexone
09-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Brett, question for you. The forum has been around for several years. You have been editor for several years. How did it come that you only recently started posting? Just curious. :)

Tom Brown
09-05-2005, 05:11 PM
BTW... November 2004 is my favorite Kachina model. :cool:

Tom Brown
09-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Brett, question for you. The forum has been around for several years. You have been editor for several years. How did it come that you only recently started posting? Just curious. :)
I'll bet it was a case of:
***boat has forums? :confused:

Kilrtoy
09-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Brett has been frisky lately...
I think he has been hitting the cat nip :D

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 05:16 PM
I am pretty sure anyone here can tell you I LOVE MY KACHINA, check out their website and you can see our family is practically their "poster child".
I am content with the fact (as River Dave says "what is custom on your boat,Deb, besides the paint job") I don't have a problem with that.
I like the dependablity of the boat and the fact that no other boat on the river is going to look like mine. Our son designed the engine cover.
They are an awesome company, the nicest people I've meet in the boating world.
and Dear Mr. Editor, A great story would be to send a women out boat shopping with a couple of kids and see which boat manufactuer's take her seriously...I can count them on 1/2 of my hand ...........two Essex and Kachina.
Ok, my blood pressure is slowly starting to come down............ :p
Kachina Poster Family (http://www.kachinaboats.com/customers/customers.html)

Tom Brown
09-05-2005, 05:18 PM
A great story would be to send a women out boat shopping with a couple of kids and see which boat manufactuer's take her seriously...
You're sexy when you're upset. :cool:
It's nothing to worry your pretty little head over. :)

HocusPocus
09-05-2005, 05:21 PM
did you hunt down all those pics yourself?? :D

Debbolas
Seriously, try boat shopping with your three kids plus the three you watch and see which boat manufactuers give you the time of day, and actually answer your top question which is "How fast does this boat go?"
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :skull:
Compare the boats, the Eleminator's with their engine, steering wheel, and that's pretty much it..........to the Essex with their auto lift engine covers and ice chest storage space.....to Kachina with all the cup holders in the world :p :p

Rexone
Deb don't be ridiculous. Everyone knows women can buy boats on their own.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/732stirthepot.gif

Kilrtoy
09-05-2005, 05:22 PM
Debblos did you complain to Kachina. They had a boat on theeir website earlier this week very similiar to yours, They took it down and now have an apology up there....

Havasu Hangin'
09-05-2005, 05:24 PM
KACHINA KEN is going to be very disappointed... :notam:

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Debblos did you complain to Kachina. They had a boat on theeir website earlier this week very similiar to yours, They took it down and now have an apology up there....
No, where was it? :eek:

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2005, 05:26 PM
I am pretty sure anyone here can tell you I LOVE MY KACHINA, check out their website and you can see our family is practically their "poster child".
I am content with the fact (as River Dave says "what is custom on your boat,Deb, besides the paint job") I don't have a problem with that.
I like the dependablity of the boat and the fact that no other boat on the river is going to look like mine. Our son designed the engine cover.
They are an awesome company, the nicest people I've meet in the boating world.
and Dear Mr. Editor, A great story would be to send a women out boat shopping with a couple of kids and see which boat manufactuer's take her seriously...I can count them on 1/2 of my hand ...........two Essex and Kachina.
Kachina Poster Family (http://www.kachinaboats.com/customers/customers.html)
Sounds like a women boat sales person is the answer here. :)
I had that happen to me once when buying a car. :devil:

Kilrtoy
09-05-2005, 05:26 PM
No, where was it? :eek:
It was on their website and I thought to myself ITHOUGHT THEY DONT COPY PAINT JOBS and now its gone from their site...
sorry i spelt your name wrong

Kilrtoy
09-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Sounds like a women boat sales person is the answer here. :)
I had that happen to me once when buying a car. :devil:
Thats because they know the man carries the check book when it comes time to buy :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 05:27 PM
It wasn't a matter of control, it was convience, I wasn't working outside the home at that time, just watching kids at home, so I did the boat shopping....Most places would NOT even give me a price
"just come back with your husband, honey"
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :skull: :crossx:

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 05:29 PM
It was on their website and I thought to myself ITHOUGHT THEY DONT COPY PAINT JOBS and now its gone from their site...
sorry i spelt your name wrong
Was it under the force26? That is what we have, there is one similar to ours but with a different bow color and no skull, but the same flames.....
and there are other skull boats.....
and Garys old boat is still on there......

Rexone
09-05-2005, 05:29 PM
"just come back with your husband, honey"
and the problem is? :confused:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/732stirthepot.gif

Tom Brown
09-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Seriously, try boat shopping with your three kids plus the three you watch and see which boat manufactuers give you the time of day, and actually answer your top question...
They did you a favor by filtering themselves out of your short list.
It must be tough to stay in business for people who don't want to deal with women. Women have a ton of buying power and at least some influence over most of the decisions made.
If I was buying a boat and the salesperson didn't respect a woman who was with me. I'd be heading for the door pretty quick. Even if the woman was just a friend hanging out with me, I still wouldn't want to do business with someone who would treat people like that.
You did good, Deb. You guys have a beautiful boat, a beautiful family, and it sounds like you dealt with solid people. What more do you need?

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2005, 05:31 PM
It's been proven that women salespeople in motorcycle accessory depts are consistently the best sellers. This includes selling to men and women (men are vain after all). This could work in Boat dealerships also.

Havasu Hangin'
09-05-2005, 05:32 PM
Thats because they know the man carries the check book when it comes time to buy
Here's a sign I saw outside a boat place in Anaheim:
"YOUR WIFE CALLED
SHE SAID GO AHEAD AND BRING HOME WHATEVER YOU WANT...
...YOU DESERVE IT"
:D

Jbb
09-05-2005, 05:36 PM
They did you a favor by filtering themselves out of your short list.
It must be tough to stay in business for people who don't want to deal with women. Women have a ton of buying power and at least some influence over most of the decisions made.
If I was buying a boat and the salesperson didn't respect a woman who was with me. I'd be heading for the door pretty quick. Even if the woman was just a friend hanging out with me, I still wouldn't want to do business with someone who would treat people like that.
You did good, Deb. You guys have a beautiful boat, a beautiful family, and it sounds like you dealt with solid people. What more do you need?
Look at Brown....Trying to sound all ...Dr Phil....and shit....

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 05:42 PM
I love our boat.
We are very happy with it.
I'm pretty sure Kilrtoy is pulling my leg about the similar boat, I can't find it anywhere.
I didn't tell you all this before, but you should have seen the flowers Louie sent us. A wonderful basket for my operation and then when Screams mom passed a few months ago, he sent this HUGE heart. I can just hear him calling the flower place and saying " Give me the biggets F'ing arrangement you have"*
Makes me laugh, just to think about it....and after all our family has been through this year, one of the only things to bring a smile to Screams and mines faces was going fast in our boat. That's priceless...........
*If you've never spoken to Louie, he is VERY polite to women, "Yes Mam'e"
But get him on the phone with the guys, and it's "F'ing this and F'ing that"
I'm sure personal boat satisfaction is a very important. Think of the loyalty people have to the boat they decide to go with..........and no one really slammed Kachina. They explained to me why their boats don't appear on your magazines pages. That's ok. I still buy the mag, read the articles. Wish you'll had more male studs along with the overbloated blubble head boobie dolls, but come on. Larry Flint owns this mag, so I am realistic.
and I love posting on this forum. Everyone we've ever met from here has been awesome.
Ok, my heart rate has returned to normal...
:D You guys :D

Tom Brown
"YOUR WIFE CALLED
...YOU DESERVE IT"
Isn't that the sign outside the Mammaries brothel? :idea:

Mrs.Racer277
"YOUR WIFE CALLED
...YOU DESERVE IT"
Hubby saw that sign to. Commander???
And Kilr I carry all 3 check books so. :p :p :p :D

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Tom Brown is a sweetie :wink:
the rest of you can go F' yourselves..................LOL :p

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2005, 05:46 PM
Tom Brown is a sweetie :wink:
the rest of you can go F' yourselves..................LOL :p
OMG! Deb just said the F word!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Hubby just gave you the big thumbs up. LOL! :D :D :D

Kilrtoy
I love our boat.
We are very happy with it.
I'm pretty sure Kilrtoy is pulling my leg about the similar boat, I can't find it anywhere.
I
NO I am serious, The boat is gone off their site...
I saw it a couple of days ago and this tread reminded me about it, I went back to copy the pic and its gone....

Tom Brown
...overbloated blubble head boobie dolls...
Hey now! Don't go slamming the overbloated bubble head boobie dolls. :eek:
... they are proof that God exists and that man's loins can defy gravity. :cool:
Deb, have you ever considered having a couple of garbage bags full of silicone tucked under your pectoral muscles? :idea:

RiverToysJas
09-05-2005, 05:47 PM
I actually enjoy reading readers' impressions of my publication, both positive and negative....
Hot Boat has a magazine??? :eek:
.....I can't believe this thread got to page two w/o that statement.....at least I think it did....I better go double check.... :)
RTJas :D

Kilrtoy
09-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Hubby saw that sign to. Commander???
And Kilr I carry all 3 check books so. :p :p :p :D
OH you are in trouble wait til your hubby reads this....
I usually pay in small bills stuffed inside small brown paper sacks

Tom Brown
09-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Deb just called me a sweetie..... so kiss my ass, SUCKA! :D

Tom Brown
09-05-2005, 05:52 PM
I usually pay in small bills stuffed inside small brown paper sacks
That's what I like about you. You're a friend of the environment. When you dump the coke from it's wrapper, you recycle the wrapper as a money pouch. :cool:

Havasu Hangin'
09-05-2005, 05:52 PM
the rest of you can go F' yourselves.
Uh....OK, I guess. :confused:

Jbb
09-05-2005, 05:54 PM
Deb just called me a sweetie..... so kiss my ass, SUCKA! :D
Again ...I go down in flames...... :jawdrop: :D

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Uh....OK, I guess. :confused:
Ok,not you because YOU ARE giving me a ride in that big bad boy, right?!?! :rollside:

Kilrtoy
09-05-2005, 05:55 PM
That's what I like about you. You're a friend of the environment. When you dump the coke from it's wrapper, you recycle the wrapper as a money pouch. :cool:
Im a friend to all and friends with none :idea:

Havasu Hangin'
09-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Ok,not you because YOU ARE giving me a ride in that big bad boy, right?!?! :rollside:
Sure.
I guess you only want me for one thing...
...I feel so used. :cry:

Debbolas
Hey now! Don't go slamming the overbloated bubble head boobie dolls. :eek:
... they are proof that God exists and that man's loins can defy gravity. :cool:
Deb, have you ever considered having a couple of garbage bags full of silicone tucked under your pectoral muscles? :idea:
I've thought about it, but somehow.............I just think they would get in the way of my typing.....(this is from serious research I did when pregnant with my first child and my boobs got really big, they got in the way when I typed.....) I don't know, if I have to get some new ones.........maybe :rolleyes:

***boateditor
It's not like there's one simple reason, so get comfortable. And remember, you asked.
In the beginning, I did visit the site, but mainly to gawk at the bikini galleries. I'm only human. When it eventually dawned on me that there was a healthy, active forum on here as well (!), I would visit, read and basically lurk. At length, I grew tired of just perusing the comments and longed to post, using an account all my own. (If it puzzles you why the editor of Hot Boat wasn't automatically given his own account on the Hot Boat website at the outset, along with any number of perks and privileges, well, just try to imagine how I feel.)
The first time I tried to establish an account on HB Online, I filled in all the sign-up information and was told that a password would appear in my e-mailbox. I waited patiently, but it never came. A few months later, I went through the same process, with the same outcome. I shrugged it off, figuring that it was something I was doing incorrectly. (I made some phone calls and learned that there were some technical problems going on.)
Then, earlier this year, I was doing a photo shoot and had the idea to invite the online members to submit boats for consideration. I asked Mike Finnegan to post the item, since I was still having problems getting online and he was quite active. The notice was very successful, and because of the ensuing photo shoot, I began to actually meet some of the folks who use the website. It was one of the most fun and rewarding experiences I've had in 10 years. It was a great day, with about 20 boats showing up. (Dan Fahrenkamp's Kurtis was among the boats I shot...I'm sure glad I got a chance to see the boat in person before it was so infuriatingly stolen.)
Finally, a couple of months ago, I was out of patience. I contacted the webmaster, told him about my problems and asked him to create an account and a password for me. After a bit of a wait (including a reminder email), I was finally granted passage onto Hot Boat Online.
So far, like anybody else, I have found the experience here both rewarding and confounding. In a sharp contrast to real life, some people don't seem to be able to communicate with any kind of tact, grace or politeness in the forums. Flame wars and obnoxious comments fly fast and free (can you imagine a guy insulting another man's wife in the cove?) while an idiotic joke like "Hot Boat has a magazine?" is repeated endlessly, Chinese water-torture style, despite the fact that it was only funny the first 18 jillion times.
However, these things are a tradeoff for something genuinely worthwhile. I've met and shared PMs with some of the sharpest, warmest, most clever people I've had the good fortune to come across. And if I'd only known there were so many hot women in here, I would have tried much, much harder to get that account started.
Hope this provides some illumination.
Brett @ HOT BOAT

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Sure.
I guess you only want me for one thing...
...I feel so used. :cry:
No, really, I like you for who you are :rollside:

RiverToysJas
09-05-2005, 05:57 PM
And if you like that, he'll take you out on his boat too!!! ;)

Havasu Hangin'
09-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Someone from Hot Boat was having technical difficulties too?
Shocking. :notam:

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Dude, we ARE talking about his boat, you dirty little boy you :p

Havasu Hangin'
09-05-2005, 06:01 PM
http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de//laugh1.gif
PS- You better bring that tube Jason...Deb is driving!

Kilrtoy
09-05-2005, 06:01 PM
So far, like anybody else, I have found the experience here both rewarding and confounding. In a sharp contrast to real life, some people don't seem to be able to communicate with any kind of tact, grace or politeness in the forums. Flame wars and obnoxious comments fly fast and free
Brett @ HOT BOAT
Hey I resemble that commentary....
:)

76ANTHONY
09-05-2005, 06:02 PM
OH HELL NO IM NOT READING THAT BIG NEW LETTER ON WHY YOUR HERE, MR BIGMAN EDITIOR, your here for the pics of women, plural, and the jello recipies, you aint fooling anyone...
and your in search of a jr editor :D

Debbolas
http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de//laugh1.gif
PS- You better bring that tube Jason...Deb is driving!
EVIDENCE!!!
I get to drive!!!!!!!!!!:D
yeah!!!!! :cool:
woooo
whooooo :cool:

RiverToysJas
Dude, we ARE talking about his boat, you dirty little boy you :p
LOL! So at what point do "dirty little boys" become "dirty old men"??? I've always wondered that......at least sence I've been in my 30's anyway! :D

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 06:04 PM
LOL! So at what point do "dirty little boys" become "dirty old men"??? I've always wondered that......at least sence I've been in my 30's anyway! :D
I know sweetie, but I'm 45, so, little boy
(I remember how "big" you are, almost as tall as Scream)
:rollside:

RiverToysJas
EVIDENCE!!!
I get to drive!!!!!!!!!!:D
yeah!!!!! :cool:
woooo
whooooo :cool:
I'm sure if you can handle a Katchina, a Cigarette won't be any trouble. ;)
RTJas :D .....and yes I'm slamming both :cool: :p

Havasu Hangin'
I get to drive!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah...yer driving the big boy for sure!
And if your good...maybe the boat, too!
http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de//happy/xyxthumbs.gif

RiverToysJas
09-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Oh yeah...yer driving the big boy for sure!
And if your good...maybe the boat, too!
http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de//happy/xyxthumbs.gif
LMAO!!! :D

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 06:06 PM
I love this forum :D

***boateditor
09-05-2005, 06:15 PM
I still buy the mag, read the articles. Wish you'll had more male studs along with the overbloated blubble head boobie dolls, but come on. Larry Flint owns this mag, so I am realistic.
1. It's Flynt, not Flint.
2. People have a misconception that Hot Boat has busty models because it's owned by Larry Flynt. I understand why they assume this, I really do. However, the association is totally a coincidence. First of all, I'm the editor of Hot Boat, and I have had exactly one conversation with the Big Guy in 10 years. His personal contribution to the editorial and the photo shoots is nil plus zero. Second, Hot Boat existed long before it was purchased by LFP. If you have any doubt that we had sexy bikini models in the pre-LFP days, let me assure that we did. Third, the company also publishes a video-game magazine (Tips and Tricks), in which you will see absolutely NO nearly naked women.
The reason there are so many busty girls in Hot Boat is simply because we like them and our readers like them.

Tom Brown
09-05-2005, 06:17 PM
...some people don't seem to be able to communicate with any kind of tact, grace or politeness in the forums. Flame wars and obnoxious comments fly fast and free ...
Ever since I was a little kid, I have had an uncanny ability to tell when people are talking about me.

***boateditor
09-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Ever since I was a little kid, I have had an uncanny ability to tell when people are talking about me.
Ha! Not talking about you, Mr. Brown. I think everybody here knows to whom I am referring. :p

Jbb
09-05-2005, 06:20 PM
If the colon blocking chunk of bran fiber fits............... :cool:

Tom Brown
09-05-2005, 06:21 PM
What a let down. :(
I always imagined the ***boat business office being a lavishly decorated Beverly Hills mansion with smoking hot chicks reclining on chez lounges made of silicone implants, all the while Larry rolls around the place controlling his electric chair with a suck straw that looks exactly like a clitoris.

76ANTHONY
09-05-2005, 06:22 PM
FLIYNT OR FLINT OR WHATEVER, he's the true hero here. honeslty, i didnt know he owned this mag, man i love hb :devil: :D :devil: :D

76ANTHONY
09-05-2005, 06:23 PM
suck straw :cry: :D

Havasu Hangin'
Ha! Not talking about you, Mr. Brown. I think everybody here knows to whom I am referring. :p
I resemble that remark. :notam:

Tom Brown
If the colon blocking chunk of bran fiber fits............... :cool:
That hurt. :(
I think I'll go for a cruise in my boat and have sex while I'm out there. By myself, of course. :D

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 06:24 PM
1. It's Flynt, not Flint.
2. People have a misconception that Hot Boat has busty models because it's owned by Larry Flynt. I understand why they assume this, I really do. However, the association is totally a coincidence. First of all, I'm the editor of Hot Boat, and I have had exactly one conversation with the Big Guy in 10 years. His personal contribution to the editorial and the photo shoots is nil plus zero. Second, Hot Boat existed long before it was purchased by LFP. If you have any doubt that we had sexy bikini models in the pre-LFP days, let me assure that we did. Third, the company also publishes a video-game magazine (Tips and Tricks), in which you will see absolutely NO nearly naked women.
The reason there are so many busty girls in Hot Boat is simply because we like them and our readers like them.
So how may readers would have to agree to get some cute hunks driving (ok, I'd settle for riding in the boats, let the busty chicks drive) in your magazine.....
Scream explained it to me when we joined........Boats, Boobs and Babes
I get it....but to dare to be different, fly in the face of tradition, :idea:
Sounds interesting to me
and............when do we get to meet you are you going to attend any of the October River Events?
OP6X (I get to drive):D
or
The Family Picnic at Lake Mohave
(You could write about it)
Deb
:wink:
P.S. Where did you attend school? I only ask because my brother is an editor of a surfing magazine..........just curious..........he went to San Luis Obispo
oh, and P.S. I can't spell, it's a quirky characteristic. Especially because my job is teaching first through third graders to read and write ( the emergent readers that didn't "get it" the first time around)
P.P.S.S. I am always very carefull to spell words correctly for the children, but I type really fast and don't have a dictonary, many members have suggested the online dictionary for me to no avail.

Tom Brown
09-05-2005, 06:25 PM
So how may readers would have to agree to get some cute hunks driving (ok, I'd settle for riding in the boats, let the busty chicks drive) in your magazine.....
***boat Magazine..... sausage edition! :D

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 06:27 PM
What a let down. :(
I always imagined the ***boat business office being a lavishly decorated Beverly Hills mansion with smoking hot chicks reclining on chez lounges made of silicone implants, all the while Larry rolls around the place controlling his electric chair with a suck straw that looks exactly like a clitoris.
and all the editors, writers, etc......get to stroll around in silk robes while the models amuse themselves............and they have a lake right there in the building so as to test the boats more efficently..........and every make and model of boat that has ever appeared in their magazine.............(sigh, I like he boat party, Tom, you can have the chicks) :cool:

Kachina26
09-05-2005, 06:28 PM
and the fact that no other boat on the river is going to look like mine.
Oh pu lease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=43697&size=big&password=&sort=2&thecat=998

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2005, 06:32 PM
No kidding. Cute hunky boat drivers would be awesome.
You have my vote!!!

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 06:35 PM
Tom, in one fell swoop you killed my "young hunks of ***boat" issue :confused:
(It's ok, I had a dream about you last night, on your lake, all alone in your boat, NOT having sex, well.......mostly I dreamed about your ramp and the lack of traffic and backing down issues) :D
Brett, women are an important part of ***boat and BELIEVE ME we can get a group together to lobby for a "hot hunk" issue....and Brett, these are good looking women we can introduce you too (Ok, all the ones I know are married, but...........) :D

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 06:37 PM
No kidding. Cute hunky boat drivers would be awesome.
You have my vote!!!
Thank you!!
(we need some backup here) :D

RiverToysJas
09-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Fat old dudes, driving new boats, with busty young chicks = new boat sales......esp to fat old dudes....who tend to have more money than busty young chicks! ;)

Kachina26
09-05-2005, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=Debbolas] and the fact that no other boat on the river is going to look like mine.[/QUOTEn]
Yeah right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5472DSCF1532.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/511/1284shocke-med.jpg
You had to dig mighty deep to find those articles, how about something recent?I will gladly submit my pile for review, despite what Louie says about you guys sinking his boats :D
Seriously though, when I went to research Kachina, there was no info available on ***boat.

Kilrtoy
09-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Fat old dudes, driving new boats, with busty young chicks = new boat sales......esp to fat old dudes....who tend to have more money than busty young chicks! ;)
Aint that the truth....

76ANTHONY
09-05-2005, 06:41 PM
does being fat make me not so sexy?? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Havasu Hangin'
09-05-2005, 06:43 PM
does being fat make me not so sexy?? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Why even workout anymore? If the game is over...
...take the uniform off.
(I always say)

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 06:49 PM
So.........is this my boat?
http://www.kachinaboats.com/force/p-911series/Viewing/p-911.jpg
or this(I don't think they look alike, the bow is totally diff)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1566boat_almost_in_water.jpg
and the engine cover my son designed :D http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1566Great_engine_cover_.jpg

76ANTHONY
09-05-2005, 06:59 PM
man if i could only get a 50 year loan :cry:

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 07:00 PM
here is a shot of the windshield with the lovely Angie Baby and my hubby as models :cool: http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1566Dam_Run_165-med.jpg

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2005, 07:01 PM
Sort of like the corvette adds! :rolleyes: :)

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 07:02 PM
Sort of like the corvette adds! :rolleyes: :)
Hey, KilrToy Bought one of those for his wife :cool:

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2005, 07:04 PM
HEHEHEHE
The only exception I can think of is Wes. Froggystyle! :cool: :cool:

RiverToysJas
09-05-2005, 07:04 PM
....you mean his hot busty young wife??? Go figure! ;)

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 07:05 PM
....you mean his hot busty young wife??? Go figure! ;)
oh :rolleyes:
:wink:

RiverToysJas
09-05-2005, 07:05 PM
HEHEHEHE
Why cuz he bought the Vette for himself and not his hot busty young wife? Or is it just that he's not fat? LOL

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Why cuz he bought the Vette for himself and not his hot busty young wife? Or is it just that he's not fat? LOL
Can we use him as a model? :D

Kilrtoy
09-05-2005, 07:06 PM
HEHEHEHE
What are you saying IM OLD...
Cuz i know Im not fat. Just prominent

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Wes has a HOT wife and I think the vette was for her actually. :D :D

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 07:08 PM
uh, your NOT helping actually;)
We should probably drop this, this is how the whole Frenchie thing got started.................never mind :rolleyes:

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Can we use him as a model? :D
I think this is a GREAT idea!!

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 07:09 PM
What are you saying IM OLD...
Cuz i know Im not fat. Just prominent
Do you drive the vet? :D
(and your the cutest CHP I know) :cool:

RiverToysJas
09-05-2005, 07:10 PM
We should probably drop this, this is how the whole Frenchie thing got started.................never mind :rolleyes:
LMAO.......OH man, I'm not sure I can hold back now!!! ;) :D :D

76ANTHONY
09-05-2005, 07:10 PM
I WANNA BE A SEXY MODEL, can i be in the, HEY FAT ASS, section. i could be like a poster child, or old fart, oh pleaseeeeeeee :squiggle: :D

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 07:11 PM
LMAO.......OH man, I'm not sure I can hold back now!!! ;) :D :D
Seriously, RK and I were so happy there was a good looking guy online..........and well...........you know the rest............Let's just drop this :rolleyes:

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2005, 07:12 PM
I was only comparing there ads to the boat ads thats all.
http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/images/smilies/angel.gif

Kilrtoy
09-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Do you drive the vet? :D
(and your the cutest CHP I know) :cool:
Only to put gas in it and
DONT EVER CALL ME A CHIPPY, that is an insult
worse than owning a commander

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 07:13 PM
I was only comparing there ads to the boat ads thats all.
http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/images/smilies/angel.gif
OK :D

Kilrtoy
The wife may not be hot and have a fat azz, but the vette was all hers

Havasu Hangin'
:supp: Say it ain't so!
OK...now this has me thinking. What the hell does Mrs. HH see in me?
1. Good looks? Nope. :notam:
2. Charming personality? Nope. :notam:
3. Lots of money? Nope. :notam:
4. A big "vessel"? http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de//happy/xyxthumbs.gif
:idea:

Debbolas
Only to put gas in it and
DONT EVER CALL ME A CHIPPY, that is an insult
worse than owning a commander
Ok, then what do I call you?
"You're the cutest..............I know" :wink:

RiverToysJas
09-05-2005, 07:14 PM
Seriously, RK and I were so happy there was a good looking guy online..........and well...........you know the rest............Let's just drop this :rolleyes:
And what? You two just weren't hairy enough???
RTJas :D .......I CAN'T STOP IT!!!! :rollside:

Kilrtoy
Ok, then what do I call you?
"You're the cutest..............I know" :wink:
Anything you like but that.....

Debbolas
4. A big "vessel"? http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de//happy/xyxthumbs.gif
Well...............no disrespect intended...........but I am very excited about driving the "Big Vessel" :wink:

Mrs.Racer277
The wife may not be hot and have a fat azz, but the vette was all hers
I would never say that about Yvonne. She looks great. :D
I was talking about ads. ;)

RiverToysJas
09-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Last I saw, you'd bought her a pretty nice car too. :idea:

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 07:16 PM
Anything you like but that.....
Is it an interdepartment thingy?
When I worked for the Forest Service, the USSF fire men HATED the CDF (California Division of Foresty) and they both did the same thing, fight fires..... :D

***boateditor
09-05-2005, 07:17 PM
No. The men who drive the boats in our magazine are not "cute hunks," by anybody's definition. They are, however, skilled professionals and racers whom we trust not to damage the boats or injure themselves and the passengers. I can live with there being less beefcake in Hot Boat as long as there are no liability issues. However, certainly the potential exists to pose some hot guys in the Performance Section, where the boats are just sitting there. I'll give the matter serious consideration.
and Brett, these are good looking women we can introduce you to (Ok, all the ones I know are married, but...........)
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Anybody who hooks me up with a good-looking lady gets to be on the cover of the Performance Section along with a four-page article. :p
when do we get to meet you are you going to attend any of the October River Events?
October is when I'll be going to Havasu to test boats, but you can meet me whenever you wish. People, every day is Take Brett to Lunch Day.
Where did you attend school?
I was born, raised and schooled in Florida. Between 1987 and 1995, I was editor of Boating Industry, a trade magazine based (at the time) in NYC. Shortly after the first WTC bombing, I left Manhattan for the infinitely more pleasurable climate of Southern California.
I can't spell, it's a quirky characteristic.
You're a pretty good speller, actually.
Brett @ HOT BOAT

Jrocket
09-05-2005, 07:20 PM
What does HB pay a model for a days worth of photo's?

Kilrtoy
09-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Guys like this
http://www.flpowerboat.com/new/photo_gallery/05-09-A/A05-09-027.jpg

***boateditor
09-05-2005, 07:24 PM
What does HB pay a model for a days worth of photos?
Not nearly as much as they pay the girls at Hustler.
BTW, if the ladies here can agree on a hunky guy they want to appear in Hot Boat, and he can attend my shoot on the 15th, he is welcome to pose. (I feel certain that no man would ask to be paid for merely posing in Hot Boat.)

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 07:25 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Anybody who hooks me up with a good-looking lady gets to be on the cover of the Performance Section along with a four-page article. :p
October is when I'll be going to Havasu to test boats, but you can meet me whenever you wish. People, every day is Take Brett to Lunch Day.
Brett @ HOT BOAT
Ok, as soon as we get our kitchen redone, YOU are coming over for dinner.......... :wink: (I'll need help hooking ya up with some lass's though)

Jrocket
09-05-2005, 07:26 PM
BTW, if the ladies here can agree on a hunky guy they want to appear in Hot Boat, and he can attend my shoot on the 15th, he is welcome to pose. (I feel certain that no man would ask to be paid for merely posing in Hot Boat.)
Reason I ask is that I might know of a few girls that would do the photo shhots,but need to tell them if there is pay or not.

***boateditor
09-05-2005, 07:26 PM
I would never say that about Yvonne. She looks great.
Understatement of the millenium!

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 07:27 PM
I'm thinking this is a bad idea, this is how the whole "Frenchie" thing got started.........besides the men would riot, you don't need that kind of heat, it's simply not worth it........isn't it strange that what turns a mans head is looks but what turns a womans heart is what is inside :idea:

***boateditor
09-05-2005, 07:27 PM
Reason I ask is that I might know of a few girls that would do the photo shhots,but need to tell them if there is pay or not.
There's pay. Send me their photos.

Jrocket
09-05-2005, 07:31 PM
There's pay. Send me their photos.
As in how much?Or is it top secret?Does looks depend on salary? LOL

***boateditor
09-05-2005, 07:34 PM
I'm thinking this is a bad idea, this is how the whole "Frenchie" thing got started.........besides the men would riot, you don't need that kind of heat, it's simply not worth it........
Hot Boat's male readership does not notice the men on the boats. Between the horsepower and the boobs, I assure you, the men are completely invisible.
isn't it strange that what turns a mans head is looks but what turns a womans heart is what is inside
That's a cliche and a complete fabrication. It's my experience that looks are every bit as important to women.
I'll tell you what's weird though: why is it that the sight of two women making out is electrifying for men, but whoever heard of a girl begging two guys to kiss? I guess we can just consider ourselves fortunate in that regard....

RiverToysJas
09-05-2005, 07:34 PM
How about the Men of OP6???
http://www.op6c.com/images/fun2/op6guys1b.jpg

Jrocket
09-05-2005, 07:36 PM
Im calling BS here...Jason aint that tall.

Kilrtoy
Tell them to go here
http://***boat.com/contact_bikini.cfm

HighRoller
I'm thinking this is a bad idea, this is how the whole "Frenchie" thing got started.........besides the men would riot, you don't need that kind of heat, it's simply not worth it........isn't it strange that what turns a mans head is looks but what turns a womans heart is what is inside :idea:
Oh please. Have you ever seen a group of women at Chippendale's? I'm sure they're all impressed by the "brains" on those guys.

***boateditor
I'm reluctant to post that publicly...but let's just say between the cost of filling up your boat with gas and the price of a new iPod.

Kilrtoy
09-05-2005, 07:37 PM
Maybe when it returns to Havasu we can do that....
;)

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2005, 07:37 PM
LMAO! Good job jas!!!! :D

RiverToysJas
09-05-2005, 07:39 PM
LMAO! Good job jas!!!! :D
Thanks,,,,that's actually an old one from the photochop vault.
.....It's so old in fact, most of us don't even look like that anymore......except Michael! ;)

Kilrtoy
09-05-2005, 07:40 PM
How much is an IPOD

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 07:40 PM
Im calling BS here...Jason aint that tall.
He is taller than I am :D

Havasu Hangin'
09-05-2005, 07:41 PM
.....It's so old in fact, most of us don't even look like that anymore......except Michael!
Did you ever look like that? :supp:
Wasn't I Hef once? :jawdrop:

RiverToysJas
09-05-2005, 07:41 PM
How much is an IPOD
Less than gas for your boat! ;)

Kilrtoy
09-05-2005, 07:42 PM
Less than gas for your boat! ;)
So they get paid under $330 a day

Jrocket
09-05-2005, 07:43 PM
I'm reluctant to post that publicly...but let's just say between the cost of filling up your boat with gas and the price of a new iPod.
Not sure what an iPod cost's but the boat is about $500 to fill up.
I'll ask them if they are interested anyway.

RiverToysJas
09-05-2005, 07:44 PM
Did you ever look like that? :supp:
Wasn't I Hef once? :jawdrop:
Yeah, when you were 3'6" with orange skin. ;)
I think that's in the vault somewhere too.....One of these days I'll have to move those old files onto my new computer so I can get to them easier.

Jrocket
He is taller than I am :D
Dam your short.

Debbolas
Oh please. Have you ever seen a group of women at Chippendale's? I'm sure they're all impressed by the "brains" on those guys.
That's a cliche and a complete fabrication. It's my experience that looks are every bit as important to women.
But...........do they take those men home?...wait that's not the right question.......do they consider them for serious relationships?
Did I ever tell you about the gorgeous guy I dated (way before Scream)
He was a godlike figure of a man. Tall, blonde, big....turns out he was a bodybuilder......so we went to dinner after waiting 1/2 an hour for him to dry his hair........during dinner he divulged the secret to me of how to eat a lot of food (to keep his muscles big) dont' drink...no water, no booze, nothing.......and then during dinner we (maybe I) would be talking and he would stop and pose............I couldn't wait to get home and LEAVE!
And he was so beautiful.............but there was nothing upstairs....boring :D

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 07:45 PM
Dam your short.
Dude, I'm 5ft 10 :D
now...........Havasu Hanging is short :wink:

Jrocket
09-05-2005, 07:46 PM
What if a person gets a shot at having his boat put in and you do a lay out and photo shoot on it.Can he bring his own models for the shoot?

76ANTHONY
did he sound like arnold?????

Jrocket
Dude, I'm 5ft 10 :D
now...........Havasu Hanging is short :wink:
I think I just had a girl call me dude!

Kilrtoy
09-05-2005, 07:47 PM
...I couldn't wait to get home!
And he was so beautiful.............but there was nothing upstairs....boring :D
Don't stop , what happened when you got home...
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jrocket
09-05-2005, 07:48 PM
And she was so beautiful.............but there was nothing upstairs....
Dumb...just the way I like my woman.

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 07:48 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/51scream_pred.jpg
My favorite

RiverToysJas
09-05-2005, 07:49 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Maybe there was nothing downstairs either!

Jrocket
09-05-2005, 07:51 PM
Maybe there was nothing downstairs either!
Pervert.

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 07:55 PM
did he sound like arnold?????
No, he had a normal speaking voice;)
I think I just had a girl call me dude!
I call everyone, dude:D
NOTHING, that is my point, I was so disgusted by his lack of intellegence, I couldn't stand him anymore :yuk:
Kilrtoy Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbolas
...I couldn't wait to get home!
And he was so beautiful.............but there was nothing upstairs....boring
Jrocket Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbolas
And she was so beautiful.............but there was nothing upstairs....
Dumb...just the way I like my woman.
Thats how ya'll misquote people! :2purples:

***boateditor
09-05-2005, 08:06 PM
What if a person gets a shot at having his boat put in and you do a lay out and photo shoot on it. Can he bring his own models for the shoot?
Eeeee, that first sentence has to go into some kind of warped English Hall of Fame. :p That's a very rare situation, but it actually happened in the current (9/05) issue! Shawn Rich brought the girl you see on his Carrera, pages 122-124 -- with my approval, of course. Supposedly she's some adult-film actress he knew. Here's an outtake that didn't make it into the mag:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2898rich2.jpg

Jrocket
09-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Eeeee, that first sentence has to go into some kind of warped English Hall of Fame.
Hey new guy,you aint seen nutt'n yet son.
Do you know Rob Hallstrom by chance?

***boateditor
09-05-2005, 08:30 PM
Do you know Rob Hallstrom by chance?
I met him in the mid '90s when he worked on the PWC magazine. Haven't seen him in a decade or so. I doubt he would remember me. Friend of yours?

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 08:32 PM
You need to check out "my first" to see the english language properly slayed :jawdrop:

76ANTHONY
09-05-2005, 08:33 PM
hey i saw that :D

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 08:36 PM
hey i saw that :D
Oh, hey look!!! It's the cheese grater, perhaps you should GRATE the jello :D

Mrs.Racer277
09-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Oh, hey look!!! It's the cheese grater, perhaps you should GRATE the jello :D
LMAO! He might hurt himself. :D :D

Jrocket
09-05-2005, 08:39 PM
I met him in the mid '90s when he worked on the PWC magazine. Haven't seen him in a decade or so. I doubt he would remember me. Friend of yours?
Yes,but I have'nt seen him in a very long time.I remember the day he got his first magazine job.

76ANTHONY
09-05-2005, 08:40 PM
:D :D :cry:

76ANTHONY
09-05-2005, 08:41 PM
can you say, melon ball scoop?? :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-05-2005, 08:54 PM
can you say, melon ball scoop?? :D
Dude! You haven't puked jello shots by now? I thought you'd be nighty night already.

76ANTHONY
09-05-2005, 08:56 PM
nah, im eating them slow, dont really think i'll puke i think im gonna get hungry first... these are fun though :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-05-2005, 08:58 PM
They are fun. Someone needs to teach Deb how to eat them, though. I tried, but I gave up in disgust. :D She needs a more expensive tutor, I guess, or at least a sober one. :coffeycup

76ANTHONY
09-05-2005, 09:11 PM
yep, theyre a blast, i really think the turkey baster would work :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-05-2005, 09:17 PM
yep, theyre a blast, i really think the turkey baster would work :D
Turkey Baster?
LOL, are you confusing me with someone else? :hammerhea
MMSW<----Looking a lot more blonde these days :D

76ANTHONY
09-05-2005, 09:20 PM
i think a turkey baster full of jello shots would be the perfect answer to sucking these things out of little containers :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Ah, I get it. She suggested that to you because she doesn't have the whole tongue action down. That's exactly what I'm talking about. She needs help.
edit: Oh, after reading the other thread, I see the turkey baster was your idea. She still needs help. Maybe at OP6C we will sit on the porch and I will try to teach her again.

BobbyB
09-05-2005, 10:17 PM
lol

Tom Brown
09-05-2005, 10:26 PM
DONT EVER CALL ME A CHIPPY, that is an insult worse than owning a commander
Noted! .... Poncherello! :D
I call everyone, dude:D
Righteous! http://www2.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

Rexone
09-05-2005, 11:10 PM
Righteous! http://www2.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif
Far Out Man! :cool:

Rexone
09-05-2005, 11:16 PM
It's not like there's one simple reason, so get comfortable. And remember, you asked.
In the beginning, I did visit the site, but mainly to gawk at the bikini galleries. I'm only human. When it eventually dawned on me that there was a healthy, active forum on here as well (!), I would visit, read and basically lurk. At length, I grew tired of just perusing the comments and longed to post, using an account all my own. (If it puzzles you why the editor of Hot Boat wasn't automatically given his own account on the Hot Boat website at the outset, along with any number of perks and privileges, well, just try to imagine how I feel.)
The first time I tried to establish an account on HB Online, I filled in all the sign-up information and was told that a password would appear in my e-mailbox. I waited patiently, but it never came. A few months later, I went through the same process, with the same outcome. I shrugged it off, figuring that it was something I was doing incorrectly. (I made some phone calls and learned that there were some technical problems going on.)
Then, earlier this year, I was doing a photo shoot and had the idea to invite the online members to submit boats for consideration. I asked Mike Finnegan to post the item, since I was still having problems getting online and he was quite active. The notice was very successful, and because of the ensuing photo shoot, I began to actually meet some of the folks who use the website. It was one of the most fun and rewarding experiences I've had in 10 years. It was a great day, with about 20 boats showing up. (Dan Fahrenkamp's Kurtis was among the boats I shot...I'm sure glad I got a chance to see the boat in person before it was so infuriatingly stolen.)
Finally, a couple of months ago, I was out of patience. I contacted the webmaster, told him about my problems and asked him to create an account and a password for me. After a bit of a wait (including a reminder email), I was finally granted passage onto Hot Boat Online.
So far, like anybody else, I have found the experience here both rewarding and confounding. In a sharp contrast to real life, some people don't seem to be able to communicate with any kind of tact, grace or politeness in the forums. Flame wars and obnoxious comments fly fast and free (can you imagine a guy insulting another man's wife in the cove?) while an idiotic joke like "Hot Boat has a magazine?" is repeated endlessly, Chinese water-torture style, despite the fact that it was only funny the first 18 jillion times.
However, these things are a tradeoff for something genuinely worthwhile. I've met and shared PMs with some of the sharpest, warmest, most clever people I've had the good fortune to come across. And if I'd only known there were so many hot women in here, I would have tried much, much harder to get that account started.
Hope this provides some illumination.
Brett @ HOT BOAT
I feel so much more illuminated now Brett, thanx.
I'm so relieved to hear too that all newbies are treated with an equal level of technicalfockedupness when signing up. :)
You want to see some fireworks just try changing your email sometime :rollside: :notam:
Welcome to ***boat forum btw. :cool:

MagicMtnDan
09-05-2005, 11:26 PM
Hey Brett, it's good to have you here. Now about those t-shirts the magazine owes me...
(Hot Boat has t-shirts?!)

RiverToysJas
09-06-2005, 06:29 AM
.....while an idiotic joke like "Hot Boat has a magazine?" is repeated endlessly, Chinese water-torture style, despite the fact that it was only funny the first 18 jillion times.
That's where you're still out of touch with the average long-time active member of this forum. That comment comes from people who like this forum and the people on it, but find the printed magazine is not meeting what they are looking for in a boating rag for reasons you don't want to address, hear (based on the reactions from your staff when comments are made), or do anything about. For that reason many of the regular users of this forum no longer subscribe to the magazine. In the first few years of this forum, lots of suggestions were made here on how to improve the magazine (from readers of both the magazine and the forum, and who use the products you pedal). The reaction I heard from your staff (directly and indirectly) was, "we don't care what the people in the forum think." Over the years, that attitude seems to have changed, and I've seen the magazine embrace the forum as a tool - which it should of had the foresight to do years ago IMHO. I have seen a direct link between the forum and magazine often now. Not to mention how often the forum is mentioned in the editorial text much more often now (though the first time of note that I remember being OP6C 1 coverage, with photos from RD's house back in 2001). I won't get into the several reasons Hot Boat is not meeting my needs in a boating magazine, because I'm sure you feel you are putting the best product you can for your business plan. There are magazines hitting my personal needs out there, and as long as your bottomline is there, I see no reason to change it. But this forum is still valuable for other reasons, and in areas the magazine may be weak. For those of us who feel this way, "Hot Boat has a magazine" is actually funny EVERYTIME....at least it will be until Hot Boat is more than just a bouchure for new custom boats....which I HAVE seen the magazine trying to improve on in recent years. Hell I might even subscribe again someday.
RTJas :D .....the opinions expressed here were my own, and may or not be the opinions of other post-whores on this or any other web-forum. ;)

Mrs.Racer277
09-06-2005, 07:46 AM
Dang you changed your avitar! :confused: :confused:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-06-2005, 08:00 AM
That's where you're still out of touch with the average long-time active member of this forum. That comment comes from people who like this forum and the people on it, but find the printed magazine is not meeting what they are looking for in a boating rag for reasons you don't want to address, hear (based on the reactions from your staff when comments are made), or do anything about. For that reason many of the regular users of this forum no longer subscribe to the magazine. In the first few years of this forum, lots of suggestions were made here on how to improve the magazine (from readers of both the magazine and the forum, and who use the products you pedal). The reaction I heard from your staff (directly and indirectly) was, "we don't care what the people in the forum think." Over the years, that attitude seems to have changed, and I've seen the magazine embrace the forum as a tool - which it should of had the foresight to do years ago IMHO. I have seen a direct link between the forum and magazine often now. Not to mention how often the forum is mentioned in the editorial text much more often now (though the first time of note that I remember being OP6C 1 coverage, with photos from RD's house back in 2001). I won't get into the several reasons Hot Boat is not meeting my needs in a boating magazine, because I'm sure you feel you are putting the best product you can for your business plan. There are magazines hitting my personal needs out there, and as long as your bottomline is there, I see no reason to change it. But this forum is still valuable for other reasons, and in areas the magazine may be weak. For those of us who feel this way, "Hot Boat has a magazine" is actually funny EVERYTIME....at least it will be until Hot Boat is more than just a bouchure for new custom boats....which I HAVE seen the magazine trying to improve on in recent years. Hell I might even subscribe again someday.
RTJas :D .....the opinions expressed here were my own, and may or not be the opinions of other post-whores on this or any other web-forum. ;)
Well said, Jason. I agree that it is funny everytime. Sorry if it annoys you, Brett.
I will have to say that I am tempted to subscribe now, since I buy it off the rack more now that there are more features on boats that are not new. Boats more like what we saw at CBBB and in the August (might have been July :idea: ) edition with the wood boats. I LOVED that spread. I understand that the magazine also needs to make $$$ so they can pay you ;), so some articles on new boats and, of course, new trends in the industry are necessary. I like to see those also, but not a whole magazine of them, which seemed the way it was set up in past years.
I guess what I'm trying to say is I like the changes so far.

Debbolas
09-06-2005, 08:18 AM
They are fun. Someone needs to teach Deb how to eat them, though. I tried, but I gave up in disgust. :D She needs a more expensive tutor, I guess, or at least a sober one. :coffeycup
It wasn't a pretty sight :rolleyes:
and
I was drooling over the wood boats. I think the last two issue's have had wood boats featured in them.
and we see pics of Kevin and Bob, why no pics of Brett?

***boateditor
09-06-2005, 11:08 AM
why no pics of Brett?
Always happy to oblige. :)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2898***boateditor-med.jpg

ThongMagnet
09-06-2005, 12:07 PM
Not that it really matters but.....Why were so many boats in the late 80's and 90's designed with a pink paint scheme. To sucker the wife into thinking the boat was built for her. :rollside:

***boateditor
09-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Not that it really matters but.....Why were so many boats in the late 80's and 90's designed with a pink paint scheme. To sucker the wife into thinking the boat was built for her. :rollside:
Or the browns and oranges of the Seventies. It's weird...kind of like the way every decade seems to have its own salad dressing. Here's what we have so far:
50's Italian
60's Thousand Island/Russian
70's Blue Cheese/Roquefort
80's Ranch
90's Honey Mustard

Debbolas
09-06-2005, 03:10 PM
What about the "elf" theme for boats :rolleyes:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1566dreamboat-med.JPG