PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here dealing with MS?

MBlaster
09-05-2005, 09:44 PM
I know I'm new here but the CEO and I have been around boats/skiing/barefooting/wakeboarding for several years and are looking for a new to us ski/hot boat.
Then we find out on Friday she's got MS...
It's all kind of scary and she's got to decide what therapy to do, which involves injections and lousy sideffects.
So considering 400,000 people deal with this shit I thought I'd see if anyone around here is on the train too.

Flying Tiger
09-05-2005, 10:00 PM
I had a close cousin Diane that had it,, and treatment today is far better than 15 years ago.
We had very little to turn to then,, it was tough.
Amazing how far it's come.
It's a tough row to hoe, my hearts with you, It's a blessing you have modern treatments to turn to.
Approach it from that take,,, wish we had what they have today.
It's somewhat controllable compaired to just a few year ago.
Join this group:
www.msaa.com
In the lower left corner of the Home page, click on: Newly diagnosed

charlyox
09-05-2005, 11:09 PM
An old friends mom has it. They have her in a coma. I am expecting a call any day now. What a way to go.

H20skier
09-06-2005, 08:55 AM
I know I'm new here but the CEO and I have been around boats/skiing/barefooting/wakeboarding for several years and are looking for a new to us ski/hot boat.
Then we find out on Friday she's got MS...
It's all kind of scary and she's got to decide what therapy to do, which involves injections and lousy sideffects.
So considering 400,000 people deal with this shit I thought I'd see if anyone around here is on the train too.
One of my best friends was diagnosed with it about 18 years ago. She was in her early thirties. She has done amazing well on one injection/weekand has had no side effects from them. It also seems to be rather important to try to remain as stress-free as possible with MS.
My thoughts are with you.