PDA

View Full Version : Yardhouse Nov 3, 11am-noon

Charley
10-26-2002, 08:43 AM
Ok..... So I'm hoping this date-time works for you guys. Sunday, Nov 3 Long Beach Yardhouse 11am-noonish till??? ..... Please email me at gfamily1@pacbell.net and let me know if you are gonna make it.... I will try to get ther by 11am and get us a good table<s> :D

boatnam2
10-26-2002, 09:03 AM
i wish we could go that is my birthday.i will be right up the road working away,wishing i had just one more vacation day,so i could take off on my birthday.oh well drink one for me.

Charley
10-26-2002, 01:25 PM
boatnam2:
i wish we could go that is my birthday.i will be right up the road working away,wishing i had just one more vacation day,so i could take off on my birthday.oh well drink one for me.Just 1? lol JK :D

jm2drvr
10-27-2002, 12:25 AM
out of town

Charley
10-27-2002, 01:34 PM
jm2drvr:
out of townwho invited you? :D

Steamin' Rice
10-27-2002, 02:08 PM
We're in.... :D :D

Charley
10-28-2002, 08:54 PM
Free Beer and this is all we get???

MissHavasuCig
10-29-2002, 07:02 AM
We might be out of town ... one of those last minute things... :confused:
Hopefully we'll make it ~ with or without the boat. :cool:

Charley
10-29-2002, 07:49 AM
oh well it's looking like my wallet gets off ez :D
although I'm sure Steamin rice is gonna order a full yard since the first round is on me!

Steamin' Rice
10-29-2002, 09:11 AM
Yo Charley.......Can I order 10 yards for my first round??? J/K :D :D
HavasuCIGS, hopefully you guys can make it. If not this weekend, we'll hook up another time...We plan to keep boating all winter so just let us know when you want to go.... :D
[ October 29, 2002, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: Steamin' Rice ]

25Elmn8r
10-29-2002, 10:08 AM
I am gonna try and make it. Just to meet whoever shows up. Put a face to names.

RiverToysJas
10-29-2002, 11:43 AM
I'll talk to me Dad tonight, I think we should be able to make it. I'll confirm tonight though.
RTJas :D

Havasu Cig
10-29-2002, 11:53 AM
Were still not sure. The boat is at DSM waiting for the Merc Tech to figure out what to do about the low rpm problem with the port motor. It has been a week now and I have not heard anything from Merc. DSM has done every test they can do and found nothing so it is in Merc's hands now.
We might run out to Havasu to take care of some stuff if the boat is still at DSM. If we don't make it I hope you guys all have a good time.

25Elmn8r
10-29-2002, 01:39 PM
Havasu Cig:
Were still not sure. The boat is at DSM waiting for the Merc Tech to figure out what to do about the low rpm problem with the port motor. It has been a week now and I have not heard anything from Merc. DSM has done every test they can do and found nothing so it is in Merc's hands now.
We might run out to Havasu to take care of some stuff if the boat is still at DSM. If we don't make it I hope you guys all have a good time.I thought someone was supposed to become familiar with the Cigs "floor" if it got big out. How is that gonna happen if Merc can't get their shit together? Good luck

Reaper1
10-29-2002, 01:50 PM
Are you guys boating to the Yardhouse or just meeting up there :confused:

Steamin' Rice
10-29-2002, 02:23 PM
Boating for us........ :D

Reaper1
10-29-2002, 02:28 PM
Ya Know, Steamin' Rice. If you really live in Aliso I probably only live 15 minutes away wink wink wink

Tom Slick
10-29-2002, 04:28 PM
Hey Reaper 1
I'm thinking of bring the "Dirty 30" back down here for the winter, so we will have to make some Newport to L.B. Yardhouse runs this winter. Way to much fun in the ocean to just let the boat sit all winter in Havi!

Havasu Cig
10-29-2002, 05:37 PM
25Elmn8r:
Havasu Cig:
We might run out to Havasu to take care of some stuff if the boat is still at DSM. If we don't make it I hope you guys all have a good time.I thought someone was supposed to become familiar with the Cigs "floor" if it got big out. How is that gonna happen if Merc can't get their shit together? Good luckI know it sucks...I am going to stop by DSM tomorrow and see what the progress is if any. It does not make it any better that the guy at DSM taking care of me has been off for the past week because his wife had a kid. I can run the boat with the rpm problem (effects speed by a few mph) but I want to see what Merc says about it. If we do make it I think we will launch at Dana point and run up to Long Beach.
What would you guys think about meeting more like 11:00 so I have time to run back to Dana Point and get the boat cleaned up at DSM before it gets dark? If we can make it we will be there.

Havasu Cig
10-29-2002, 05:38 PM
If we do go I hope the water is bigger than last weekend. When we were running the Fountain off San Diego last weekend it was calmer than Havasu. :D

25Elmn8r
10-29-2002, 05:48 PM
Havasu Cig:
[QB}What would you guys think about meeting more like 1100 so I have time to run back to Dana Point and get the boat cleaned up at DSM before it gets dark? If we can make it we will be there.[/QB]If you need a deck hand to help swab the decks, I think I might know someone. :D wink

Havasu Cig
10-29-2002, 06:30 PM
If we make it to the yard House you are more than welcome to go for a ride. Hope to see all you guys there.
BTW: I think I might try and talk DSM into cleaning the boat. :D

Charley
10-30-2002, 07:58 AM
Steamin' Rice:
Boating for us........ :D ohhhh ya just rub it in!!
:D

MissHavasuCig
10-30-2002, 10:03 AM
Charley:
Steamin' Rice:
:D Well, if we get the boat in the water you know you've got spots saved ... and then you can say "Boating for us too" LOL :p
SR ~ Are you going to launch out of Dana Point? Chris is going to try to talk to DSM today to figure out what's going on... wink

Steamin' Rice
10-30-2002, 11:31 AM
Charley:
Steamin' Rice:
:D You could be boating, TOO!! :D :D

Steamin' Rice
10-30-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Reaper1:
Ya Know, Steamin' Rice. If you really live in Aliso I probably only live 15 minutes away wink wink wink [/QUOTE]
I'm in Aliso, not too far from Lake Forest...I think we looked at some places in Lake Forest when we were moving to Orange County.....We might have some space open in the boat, but I probably won't know until Fri or Sat.
Chris and Jody, we will probably launch in Newport but haven't decided for sure yet. We could always meet up at the breakwater in Newport and head up towards LB. Earlier is OK for us....We don't want to leave too late for the trip back either. Did DSM get their new Gladiator in yet? If so, maybe you need to take that out for a "test" drive.... :D :D

Reaper1
10-30-2002, 02:18 PM
Tom Slick:
Hey Reaper 1
I'm thinking of bring the "Dirty 30" back down here for the winter, so we will have to make some Newport to L.B. Yardhouse runs this winter. Way to much fun in the ocean to just let the boat sit all winter in Havi!You know I'm always down for the "Dirty 30" dog wink

Havasu Cig
10-30-2002, 05:19 PM
The mechanic and I are taking the boat out tomorrow after they adjust the valves and see how it goes. When they did a compression test on the motor two of the cylinders came back a little high. It depends on what happens tomorrow if we go or not. I don't want to take the boat in the middle of them working on it.
SR, They don't have the new Gladiator yet. I am going to try and go for a ride in it when they get it though. :D

stinger
10-30-2002, 06:26 PM
Charley, What is this Nov. 3 thing? give me a call. number is in my profile, also I need to ty up the DCB poster with you.

RiverToysJas
10-30-2002, 08:21 PM
Just heard from Pops, we'll be motoring over there! We're out of Huntington Harbor and will probably get there at about 11am.
See you there!
RTJas :D
(BTW, we'll be in Dad's Wellcraft, not my fresh water only Lavey wink !!!)

WetWillie
10-30-2002, 08:31 PM
stinger:
Charley, What is this Nov. 3 thing? give me a call. number is in my profile, also I need to ty up the DCB poster with you.Stinger,
Im a huge DCB fan. Do you hve the poster in electronic form? I would love to have a copy as well if at all possible!
Thanks,
WW :rolleyes:

Charley
10-30-2002, 09:38 PM
WetWillie:
stinger:
Charley, What is this Nov. 3 thing? give me a call. number is in my profile, also I need to ty up the DCB poster with you.Stinger,
Im a huge DCB fan. Do you hve the poster in electronic form? I would love to have a copy as well if at all possible!
Thanks,
WW :rolleyes: willie.... he is going to burn me a CD and i have a 24" wide ink jet printer... I'll make you a copy if you want.

Charley
10-30-2002, 09:59 PM
stinger:
Charley, What is this Nov. 3 thing? give me a call. number is in my profile, also I need to ty up the DCB poster with you.I will call you manana! Thanks again!

WetWillie
10-30-2002, 10:23 PM
Charley:
WetWillie:
stinger:
Thanks,
WW :rolleyes: willie.... he is going to burn me a CD and i have a 24" wide ink jet printer... I'll make you a copy if you want.
:D You are the man! I got second round!! Are you bringing the wifey and kids?
Still planning (I was supposed to be in Canada over that weekend. We will see!!)
WW :D
[ October 30, 2002, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: WetWillie ]

Steamin' Rice
10-31-2002, 09:30 AM
Sounds like some people are coming out of the woodwork.. :D
RTJas, I'll look for you & your dad...Red Wellcraft, right??

Steamin' Rice
10-31-2002, 03:23 PM
Havasu Cig:
If we do go I hope the water is bigger than last weekend. When we were running the Fountain off San Diego last weekend it was calmer than Havasu. :D How is this looking for you?? :D
http://128.160.23.54/products/SWAPS/sca2.gif

Havasu Cig
10-31-2002, 04:16 PM
Well we are definitely out....They did a leak down test on the motor today and it has at least one bad intake valve. It is in Mercs hands now as far as fixing it.
The water looks like it will be good for you guys. I think we are going to head to Havasu for the weekend without the boat. DSM is also possibly going to take our boat to Vegas on Sunday for the SEMA show for those who are going. Well have fun I wish I could be there. frown

Charley
10-31-2002, 08:08 PM
WetWillie:
Charley:
WetWillie:
stinger:
Thanks,
:D You are the man! I got second round!! Are you bringing the wifey and kids?
Still planning (I was supposed to be in Canada over that weekend. We will see!!)
WW :D The wife -for sure, the 2 year -maybe, the 12 year -old not in town....If we can find a babysitter we are hoping to hop on Steamin Rice's boat for the ride
:D :D

XTRM22
11-01-2002, 05:41 AM
Charley:
WetWillie:
stinger:
Thanks,
:D Charley, Dude youwere going to make one of those for your old pal Chuck right? I can't believe someone has something that says DCB on it that I don't already own! LOL :D
Chuck

Charley
11-01-2002, 07:09 AM
Chuck....... how could I say no to the man with the fullest cooler at the river? wink